J.Jill Employee Reviews

Great.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 22, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed employment here for every reason in the world. It was a part-time job for me while attending college and technical school. I would have remained forever.
Pros
staff
Cons
pay
It was fun until you never understood what to do
Packer (Former Employee) –  Tilton, NHMarch 4, 2017
It was definitely a different experience but welll worth it. I had alot of gun meeting new people. It's definitely a job of do again, if I ever got the chance.
Always busy, Fast Paced, Great Hours
Distribution Center Associate-Packer (Former Employee) –  Tilton, NHJanuary 30, 2017
I absolutely loved my job at J.Jill but when my seasonal position was about to end I applied for a full time, yearly position and even changed my entire life schedule around to be able to work a weekend shift and they didn't hire me. I asked about my application and they weren't even professional enough to give me a straight answer. My supervisor kept saying it was up to Human Resources and Human Resources kept saying they were waiting for the Team. It was very disappointing. I worked very hard and all the overtime I could. Pay and bonus incentives were wonderful but management was very rude to employees and unprofessional.
Pros
Management and the way they talk to and treat employees, they are judgemental
Cons
Rate of pay, Hourly Incentives
very catty and cliquish place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 28, 2017
Not a place I enjoyed working at. Was never treated as a store manager; my district manager did not collaborate with me on anything. Let alone develop me.
Productive and rewarding job
Manager/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 2, 2016
Very productive and rewarding environment. We all work as a team. The management is very supportive and is willing to share important and relative information about the business. The hardest part of the job is making everyone happy. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we make the customer very happy.
Management Issues
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 22, 2016
The new store is a significant improvement and the customers have responded positively to the change. The store is currently without a Store Manager (since early July) and the assistant managers (two) are unable to handle the work, one making repeated scheduling errors, and did not show up to open the store on a Saturday, causing confusion for associates waiting to work their shift and customers waiting to shop. This manager did not show up for two hours. This incompetence has created a difficult environment, made worse by the fact that both assistant managers are dishonest and make myriad false accusations against associates who are trying to do their jobs. Hopefully, the company will find a competent Store Manager who can get control of this situation.
Pros
The clothing is attractive and comfortable and the customers are great.
Cons
Management is abusive.
Engaging, interactive and supportive environment
Merchandising Intern (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAAugust 7, 2016
Worked with merchandisers on a daily basis. Helped with assortment plans and managed samples. Created competitive pricing charts and weekly competitive analysis.
Disappointing
Finance (Former Employee) –  Tilton, NHJune 12, 2016
There were high expectations when starting at J.Jill in the Finance Department in Tilton, NH. The turnover in recent history has been extremely high (80 percent or higher), with either employees leaving or being “let-go” without notice and with flimsy excuses. The department has about 8 employees who actually perform the work (mostly temp help) in a department of double that number. The remainder are a social group who take extended lunches and just delegate work to others. Direct management is poor in that they rely on others (the social group) to report to them on the goings on around the department. So if you don’t participate in the social twitters and compliment the right people you might as well count your days because they will be short. You will be intentionally fed the wrong information and then accused of making errors, never mind you will be constantly overloaded with more and more work while others have time to sit in offices chatting. Be aware if you are salaried, in order to keep up with workload you will find yourself continually working excessive hours over 40 at the same salaried wage. I did not find this atmosphere professional at all. If you value your resume steer clear of this place.
Pros
Benefits and Vacation Time
Cons
No breaks, poor management, poor training, clicky
very fun
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 16, 2016
very fun place to work at, managers are very nice and the store is well organized, not a busy place compared to others, overall great experience
Small and comfortable environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2016
A regular day consist of replenishing floor merchandise, cashing out purchases, attending to customer concerns and needs, receiving inventory and sending out catalog and store returns. J.Jill has very busy days and also very slow days,there're multiple managers and each of them have a unique quality and personality. Co workers are very friendly and welcoming,
Pros
long breaks, nice environment and easy going comfortable atmosphere
Cons
few hours
Poor plce to work poor management team
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 20, 2016
Quality of clothing is very poor. Overpriced clothing that does not hold up after washing. Poor management in longmeadow ma store. Pushy sales manager along with staff that is not knowledgeable of there product. Really disappointed with the overall appearance of the store and unfriendly staff. Don't bother wasting your time shopping jjill very overpriced clothing that is not made in america.
Pros
Cons
Poor quality clothing not good employee discounts
great work space
Retail associate (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 16, 2016
overall a nice place to work, love the people that work there. I enjoy helping customers that go there to shop. the manager is a great person to work for. I have no problems working here.
Poor Upper Management
store manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 24, 2016
Expectation is they want managers to work alone. Upper management has no clue how to run retail locations and its apparent because that's why they keep opening and closing locations.
Consistent violation of state labor laws
No training program for new store managers/assistant manager
District Manager will bully the managers to make the numbers.
Store managment (Former Employee) –  Anywhere USJanuary 20, 2016
DM will treat you with disrespect and talk with management on conference calls as if you are two years old. Shaming seems to be the way they feel they can get you to do your job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the bullying from upper management. The one thing I have learned in my time there was how not to treat people. Typical day is selling, motivating and coaching staff which was very fun and rewarding.
Pros
Working with the customers
Cons
Treatment of management from upper management
J Jill is a good company
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 11, 2016
J. Jill has quality clothing and is a good place to work part-time or full time. My manager is fair and you can talk to her about any issues that may arise.
Pros
Customer Contact
Cons
long hours of your feet
great learning experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tilton, NHSeptember 29, 2015
This was my first job on the phones, and eventually as a customer service representative . The training seems like too much info to take in, but once on the phones, within a couple weeks, you will get the hang of it. Be careful to make sure your not chewing gum or trying to speak to others while on the phone, as most customers can hear the back ground noise. I had a job with J.Jill working fulltime and left but after a couple years, I wanted to go back and was hired as a seasonal three times and never asked to stay again, very disappointing.
Pros
beautiful atmosphere, has gym and showers
Cons
not alot of chances to grow
great place to work
key holder (Former Employee) –  marylandAugust 31, 2015
Customers are on high demand. have to have a great customer service skills.need to interact with the customers a lot. a safe and protective environment to work.
Pros
good starting pay
Cons
less hours for part timers
Merchandise Operations Specialist
Merchandise Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAAugust 11, 2015
• Managed master product database; proofed new entries in database for accuracy following established policies, procedures, and standards.
• Responsible for verifying accuracy of pricing in stores and on the web.
• Assisted in creating custom reports and analyses to support various business units.
• Participated in the upgrade and implementation of new back office systems.
• Created weekly and monthly reports to support planning and merchandising.
• Managed PO database; Responsible for accuracy of weekly PO and Receipt reports
• Generated, tested, and activated promotion codes to be used in stores and website.
• Created and updated markdown files
I enjoyed working for J Jill, company closed location.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 4, 2015
Work environment was positive, able to learn new skills and responsibilities from management, and be a mentor to staff working under me.
Pros
flexiblity of days/hours to work
Cons
closed the location
Productive and Fun working environment
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 29, 2015
Opening the store and being able to help customers fine great new outfits for either casual or evening. Management is great to be with on a daily basis all team players and work well together. Love the new styles that come with every floor set and being able to refresh the floor is one of my favorite things about retail. The hardest thing is being able to not have free expression, in merchandising, which isn't all that bad since we have teams that go out of the way to appeal to all of our customers.
Pros
Great working Environment
Cons
Short Breaks and Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.Jill. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval