J.Jill

J.Jill Employer Reviews

Productive work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Towson, MDApril 12, 2014
Great Environment. A wonderful place to meet new people. I learned to always to stay positive in all circumstances.
Looking good
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 24, 2013
Pros: the job was up the street from where i lived
Cons: being sent home if it was not busy which effected the amount i had on my check.
I would normally check the schedule to see if I wuld be on the floor, cash register or dressing room. I learned how to pick out clothes for different body shapes and how to put a smile on a lady's face if she was feeling down. The management was okay, she was a nice lady. The co-workers were not really abut being a team player, but we all got along – more... great in other ways. The hardest part of the job was stading in one spot for hours. The most enjoyable part, honestly, was practically shopping for the customers. I felt like a personal shopper ! – less
Sales Associate - Low Volume Retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee), GeorgiaNovember 9, 2013
Pros: management at my store is wonderful, sales associates very friendly, warm, very supportive staff
Cons: scheduling all over the place, pay and discount not high enough to afford to "project the j. jill image".
This is not a very busy store - you are catering to a certain type of clientele. Typically there is one manager and one sales associate on a shift. On the weekends there may be two associates and a manager, but there will only ever be one closing associate and one closing manager on weekend schedules.

If you open, you will likely be straightening and – more... cleaning the store, working on "product knowledge", opening new shipments (and there is almost always replenishment or new product) and steaming the clothes that have come in. Most customers (in my area), come in during the afternoon or after dinner, which is when you have the most time to be productive.

If you close, you'll be cleaning the store and straightening, possibly - if you get chosen for this, doing a new floor set, which is done 2-3 times a month. It can get confusing if you aren't chosen for a floor set, because things get moved quite fast, and you have to learn it in order to be able to direct customers to where they want to go, what they want to see, and if you don't know where it is, customers can get impatient.

Working with customers is mostly enjoyable. A lot of it is repeat business due to personal attention, so you get to know a lot of them quite well. You really do become like a personal stylist. The clothes are high quality, fit is pretty great, and women feel good in them.

Store managers are pressured to push their associates to meet credit card goals, individual item goals (scarves, sweaters, jeans, etc), and the stores get docked if they don't sell a certain amount in a certain amount of time. Sales associates can lose hours if they don't meet credit card goals or sell the whole package (shirt, pants, scarves or jewelry, etc).

If people window shop and the sales associates can't make the sale, conversion rates go down, and again, schedules can suffer as a result. – less
low volume retail store
Sales associate (Former Employee), huntsville,al 35810October 30, 2013
Very expensive retail store with quality clothing. Ive gotten my retail expeirence from this store, and the most enjoyable time was working face to face with the customers.
Great Company
Key-Holder/Management (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 7, 2013
Wonderful, structured company that provides a good environment for its employees.
Retail Job great work enviornment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Trumbull,CTAugust 7, 2013
Pros: customers and friendly atmosphere
Cons: no breaks
For this position I work as an seasonal employee couldn't stay because of school schedule. my responsibilities included handling register, cash and credit card transactions, cross selling store credit card and rewards card, stocking inventory on sales floor, assisting customers with any needs such as inquiries about merchandise not on floor and helping – more... them with proper sizes. I loved working with my coworkers there always a good laugh and loves working with the customers the customers we're usually for the most part usually a joy. – less
Bustling Catalogue Department
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee), Quincy, MAApril 9, 2013
Pros: nice people, decent work, good pay, good expereince
Cons: long commute for me
I only worked at J. JIll over the summer, but I experienced many different parts of catalogue production. It was a busy place, and the department was always working on multiple catalogues at once. The management and my coworkers were invested in giving me as much experience as they could, making an effort to introduce me to as much of the process as – more... possible. My coworkers were all very nice people and willing to help if I ever ran into a snag. – less
I LOVED WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Glendale, CAMarch 13, 2013
THIS WAS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR I WAS ABLE TO UTILIZE PREVIOUS MANAGEMENT AS WELL AS DESIGN EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION AS WELL AS MY ABILITY TO GET ALONG WITH OTHERS AND LEAD THE TEAM BY EXAMPLE AND MY OWN PERSONAL HIGH STANDARDS
best people I ever worked with
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Tilton, NHSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: i get to work at j.jill
beautiful clothes
beautiful people
best manager in the world
loved my co-workers
loved my customers
Love the clothes!
Sales and Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 4, 2012
Love the guests that shop at J Jill. The clothes are timeless and gorgeous. Great clothing discount for all employees.
First shot at sales lead
Sales Lead (Former Employee), NYAugust 25, 2012
Finally a job that I obtained a sales lead position. Fully enjoyed the responsibility and looking for something like that again.
great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAAugust 26, 2012
I loved working here due to managers were fair and very professional.
all the ladies I worked with are super hard worker. I absolutely loved working here. Can't complain at all.

About J.Jill

The J. Jill Group's fortune has been catalog fashion, and catalogs aren't so fashionable anymore. To mend its bottom line, the – Read more