J.Jill

J.Jill Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun working environment
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 29, 2015
Pros: Great working Environment
Cons: Short Breaks and Healthcare
Opening the store and being able to help customers fine great new outfits for either casual or evening. Management is great to be with on a daily basis all team players and work well together. Love the new styles that come with every floor set and being able to refresh the floor is one of my favorite things about retail. The hardest thing is being able to not have free expression, in merchandising, which isn't all that bad since we have teams that go out of the way to appeal to all of our customers.
Love the brand of this company and what they stand for.
Lead Retail Management (Current Employee), Spotsylvania, VirginiaApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great Inviroment
Cons: No room for advancement
Love my job because of the people. I love helping them feel better about them selves. I love being a personal shopper for them.
Managment is caring and understands that life and family is important and they are flexible when we need time to spend with them. Again, the most enjoyable part of my job are the customers. They are so much fun.
Fun place to work
Part-time Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 17, 2015
A typical workday includes
-opening the store
-processing shipment
-using reports to generate sales goals/plans

My manager and co-workers are awesome

I enjoy doing the visuals
Great
Sr. Campaign/Database Analyst (Current Employee), Quincy, MAFebruary 26, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work. I had a blast there every single day. Management was great. The office was nice, good location.
Productive work enviorment with pontetial growth
PT-Manager (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: not enough hours
Hard working, Dedicated individual.

Very outgoing and level headed.

compassionate and respectful to everyone.

I love meeting new people and speaking with them.

I'm a very likeable person with a positive attitude.
nice atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Northpark Center, Dallas, TXNovember 11, 2014
Provides good experience. Management is supportive and understands. But the pay, benefits for part-time employees and advancement opportunities are not good.
Amazing
Sales Associate/Sales Lead (Former Employee), Hampton, VANovember 9, 2014
This was such a great learning experience. I really enjoyed working with the ladies there, they were amazing to work with and learn from.
Part time sales
Sales Associate / part time (Current Employee), Broomfield, COOctober 22, 2014
Pros: discount on clothing
Cons: limited to what we can purchase
Love working at J.Jill as it is a positive environment, great team and quality of clothing that makes it easy to sell to customers. The management is flexible with your schedule and the management has been there for a long time, that it makes it difficult to move up in the stores in Denver.
Prepare to learn alot
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHOctober 6, 2014
Pros: open enviroment, the clientele
Cons: the slow days that did happen
Due to constant upper management visits, did learn a lot on how to do better. Got to work with a amazing clientele, never was a dull day. Always had a productive day. Was tough to move up, due to the tenor of the teams. This company was amazing to work for.
friendly and pleasant work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Arcadia, CASeptember 22, 2014
A typical day is assisting customers needs and going beyond what they need to create an ideal shopping experience.
GREAT JOB
Co-Manager (Former Employee), new jewrseyAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: closed my location
great clothes. Good clothes. Loved my co workers. The discount was great
.J.Jill
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), TiltonAugust 8, 2014
.You can grow with this company. You work with customer all day. Opening and closing a store, knowing how to work the Microsoft database is key for a management job in this company. They are very number oriented, They are a good company to work for
Great people
Selector (Former Employee), Tilton, NHJuly 21, 2014
This job can get very boring and repetitive, but the people there are great. I enjoyed working here, the pay and hours were just not enough for me.
Has really made me a better Manager/Sales Associate.
Assistant Manager / Woodland Mall (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 24, 2014
I am a very passionate sales person as well as trustworthy individual.
I have been in Management at J.Jill for almost 8 years and have enjoyed the balance that J.Jill has given me.
J.Jill has been a great place to work and has added immensely to my job skills, both in sales and management.
Productive work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Towson, MDApril 12, 2014
Great Environment. A wonderful place to meet new people. I learned to always to stay positive in all circumstances.
Looking good
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 24, 2013
Pros: the job was up the street from where i lived
Cons: being sent home if it was not busy which effected the amount i had on my check.
I would normally check the schedule to see if I wuld be on the floor, cash register or dressing room. I learned how to pick out clothes for different body shapes and how to put a smile on a lady's face if she was feeling down. The management was okay, she was a nice lady. The co-workers were not really abut being a team player, but we all got along great in other ways. The hardest part of the job was stading in one spot for hours. The most enjoyable part, honestly, was practically shopping for the customers. I felt like a personal shopper !
Sales Associate - Low Volume Retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee), GeorgiaNovember 9, 2013
Pros: management at my store is wonderful, sales associates very friendly, warm, very supportive staff
Cons: scheduling all over the place, pay and discount not high enough to afford to "project the j. jill image".
This is not a very busy store - you are catering to a certain type of clientele. Typically there is one manager and one sales associate on a shift. On the weekends there may be two associates and a manager, but there will only ever be one closing associate and one closing manager on weekend schedules.

If you open, you will likely be straightening and cleaning the store, working on "product knowledge", – more... opening new shipments (and there is almost always replenishment or new product) and steaming the clothes that have come in. Most customers (in my area), come in during the afternoon or after dinner, which is when you have the most time to be productive.

If you close, you'll be cleaning the store and straightening, possibly - if you get chosen for this, doing a new floor set, which is done 2-3 times a month. It can get confusing if you aren't chosen for a floor set, because things get moved quite fast, and you have to learn it in order to be able to direct customers to where they want to go, what they want to see, and if you don't know where it is, customers can get impatient.

Working with customers is mostly enjoyable. A lot of it is repeat business due to personal attention, so you get to know a lot of them quite well. You really do become like a personal stylist. The clothes are high quality, fit is pretty great, and women feel good in them.

Store managers are pressured to push their associates to meet credit card goals, individual item goals (scarves, sweaters, jeans, etc), and the stores get docked if they don't sell a certain amount in a certain amount of time. Sales associates can lose hours if they don't meet credit card goals or sell the whole package (shirt, pants, scarves or jewelry, etc).

If people window shop and the sales associates can't make the sale, conversion rates go down, and again, schedules can suffer as a result. – less
low volume retail store
Sales associate (Former Employee), huntsville,al 35810October 30, 2013
Very expensive retail store with quality clothing. Ive gotten my retail expeirence from this store, and the most enjoyable time was working face to face with the customers.
Great Company
Key-Holder/Management (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 7, 2013
Wonderful, structured company that provides a good environment for its employees.
Retail Job great work enviornment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Trumbull,CTAugust 7, 2013
Pros: customers and friendly atmosphere
Cons: no breaks
For this position I work as an seasonal employee couldn't stay because of school schedule. my responsibilities included handling register, cash and credit card transactions, cross selling store credit card and rewards card, stocking inventory on sales floor, assisting customers with any needs such as inquiries about merchandise not on floor and helping them with proper sizes. I loved working with my coworkers there always a good laugh and loves working with the customers the customers we're usually for the most part usually a joy.

About J.Jill

The J. Jill Group's fortune has been catalog fashion, and catalogs aren't so fashionable anymore. To mend its bottom line, the – Read more

J.Jill Salaries