J.K. Hill and Associates

J.K. Hill and Associates Employee Reviews

Didn't work directly with company often
General Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VADecember 4, 2013
Cons: stability
Was a government contractor and worked on base with the navy. The company is very proactive and professional.
Horrible employer
Engineering Tech I (Former Employee), VariousAugust 13, 2013
Pros: you get be away from your family if you hate them
Cons: no hope for ever being anything more than what you came in as
I worked for this company for over two years. Upon hiring I was informed that there would be NO OPPERTUNITY for advancement or raises. THEY WERE RIGHT!! I was on the same pay rate as those who had worked for the company for 10 to 15 years. Because their employee base is in an older age bracket (and therefor more problematic in terms of health stability) their company offered health insurance sucked with poor coverage and high premiums. You'd be better off going on line and finding your own insurance policy. Immediate supervisors were archaic grumpy, moody, temperamental old coots that were next to impossible to get along with. Their HR representative was a joke and would be better suited in the unemployment line. I only met the guy once and it was extremely brief at that. Their hourly pay was mediocre at best, in terms of being on par with the industry for the area. If you don't partake in the company offered health insurance then your $3.50/hr "health and welfare" pay goes directly into and unmatched "FORCED" 401k. Though, they have a much nicer sounding name for it. Thereby dropping your mediocre base pay even more to a whopping $17.82 an hour. After taxes, you're down to about $13-$14 an hour. On the upside, and even that has a down side, the per diem rate is on par with government per diem rates as they are a government contractor. The down side to the upside is that you are expected to be on the road (on per diem) 365 days a year! Great if you are single or an older, non-married person with children who are fully self sufficient and moved out of the house. For me, it was nothing more than a paycheck until something better came along.
Productive and enjoyable co-workers and supervisors
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAApril 19, 2013
Work consisted of pulling parts, driving forklift, restocking shelves and inputting data into system. Co-workers were a pleasure to work with and supervisor was great. The best part of this job was the job itself. I loved everything I did while working with this company.