J.R. Simplot Company Employee Reviews

excellent workplace
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Heyburn, IDFebruary 6, 2018
Good hours, great people. Hardest part was dealing with the cold temps. Management was good to get along with. Had good benefits and vacation plans. Had holidays off.
Pros
good people
Cons
below freezing temps ( cold storage)
good people
Employee Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Othello, WAJanuary 26, 2018
Awesome place to work for, though the hours where very demanding and long, the pay was fair and had a lot of over time opportunity. The people are incredible and the management was very helpful.
Pros
good people
Cons
to many hours
Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJanuary 25, 2018
I enjoyed working for the Simplot Company. I endured lots of opportunities and training advancements as well. The West Memphis location currently shut down was the reason for me leaving.
Pros
advancments
Cons
had to boost employee moral
productive place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJanuary 22, 2018
Productive place to work ,good employees too work with ,nice environment to work in .plenty of overtime ,if needed ,sometimes long hours due to production needs ....
Pros
free lunches, and etc sometimes
Cons
short breaks, long scheduled work hours
I like working at Simplot
Outsider Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, IDJanuary 18, 2018
I like working at Simplot, and was looking to retire there, but currently there are no opening in my field of study open, so I am looking outside in the workforce to find employment
Pros
plenty of days off
Cons
every third week needing to do cleanup on one of my days off
High Stress and Low Reward
Packaging B Operator (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, IDJanuary 13, 2018
The job pays well but each employee is treated like a number, not a person, regardless of the performance of that person. There is little recognition given to individuals who really put forth a lot of effort. Many of the people come in with a great attitude of showing the company what they are worth and end up with an attitude of just getting through the shift. This transformation usually takes place in less than a month.
As a receiving operator I was involved with all production aspects.
Receiving Operator/ Mechanic Helper. (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDJanuary 2, 2018
I had to keep all lines going; if I did not unload to keep up with production it could have caused problems. They still talk about me (in a good way) at the new plant.
Pros
Great pay; 16.49/hr
Cons
I had to skip or shorten breaks if problems developed
Harvesting Potatoes
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Burbank, WADecember 24, 2017
Everyday would be filled with hundreds of thousands of potatoes. I learned the different kinds of spuds, what spuds are best used for what. The management was great.
fast paced and cold
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARDecember 20, 2017
I liked working for this company cause it was good pay and co-workers were very helpful and easy to work with, plus I got a chance to work with a lot of different ethic groups.
Hard work with great benefits
Quality Assurance Lab Technician/ Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDDecember 2, 2017
Great place to work. It was unfortunate that they closed down and I was laid off. It had great pay but not great morale and hard work with hard hours.
Great pay, long hours
Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, IDNovember 2, 2017
Working for J.R Simplot Company (in the factory) is a great opportunity to learn about the factory and potato life while working in a clean, well kept environment and getting paid VERY well. It is definitely more of a man's place to work as it mainly deals with machines, heavy lifting, forklift driving, lots of maintenance, and just about everything you do gets you dirty; that being said though, women do work here and make it just fine. Working in the Q.A lab is very repetitive, but you get paid wonderfully and won't be able to find somewhere that comes even close to competing. My biggest complaints are simply that the factory and all of the possible "mandatory" overtime tend to consume you and your outside life, so for people with children who desire to have a balanced work and home life, it makes it very hard.
Pros
Paid lunches, plenty of overtime, great pay
Cons
High deductible healthcare, stressful, long hours, mandatory overtime
Simplot is a great place to work
Cash Receipts Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 28, 2017
The position I was in (Enterprise Solutions) wasn't the best department - the management left much to be desired. But overall, Simplot is a great company to work for.
No pressure in this line of job.
Production Inspector (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAOctober 25, 2017
I work my job with out pressure, and bosses are respectable enough asking job related questions. Production grader is quite monotonous job but once in a while you can get away from it and do some other work that may improve your working area such as tiding up the small lab. you are working in. I doesn't take time to learn everything to do this kind of job.
Pros
the 30 min. lunch breaks are paid.
Cons
health care insurance does not cover enough coverage.
Mandatory overtime
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  North Charleroi, PAOctober 24, 2017
I love being a forklift operator, I Am Very good at my job. The main issue with this place is the MANDATORY overtime and the changing of the schedule. The day goes by fast, but when it gets towards the end of Your Scheduled shift YOU ARE ALWAYS informed that you WILL BE STAYING PAST YOUR Scheduled time. There seems to be no concern for a personal life, I am not talking about a Social life but your own personal needs at home can NOT be met because of how much time you spend here. Instead of them scheduling you for a 12-8:30 shift it should just say 12-?, and just when you think you have "A" Day off the schedule is changed on Tuesday and then again on Thursday. It is 7 DAYS a week!!!!!
Pros
fast paced, layed back work environment
Cons
Mandatory over time, Many non english speaking workers
Enjoyed type of work
Field Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MOSES LAKE WA.September 23, 2017
it was fun place to work. Different job everyday. You get to work outside out of town.travel to different plants to assist them.run heavy equipment.Deliver equipment.
Pros
Diffrent job every day
Cons
Lack of support
Competitive fast paced environment
Enrober Operator (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, ARSeptember 21, 2017
Competitive shifts and fast paced production work. Management could be better as well as worker relationships within the company. Very easy work but certain policies tend to hurt workers. High turnover rate.
great enviroment
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARSeptember 20, 2017
my typical day at work was working in a controlled environment wearhouse. I was a machine operator that had great benefits.the job had a 401k packet with good compensation.the management team was always tring to find new ways to make our workload better.
Pros
vouchers for travel
Cons
too cold
Hard job with long hours but they keep you busy
Raw Receiver (Former Employee) –  Othello, WA 99344September 19, 2017
I liked my job at Simplot, it was hard work but the hours passed nicely because you stay so busy. The team leader I had was good at her job, and easy going. Hispanic employees outnumber whites 5 to 1, and a lot of them do not speak English. I learned how to move and operate unloading equipment, and to operate forklifts and tractors.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
almost everyone there is hispanic. difficult if you don't speak Spanish
Like working on the family farm
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 24, 2017
Low key and nice people. Everyone pitches in when you need help. They care deeply about their customers and offering good service. They're at an inflection point, seeking employees that will help them be even more competitive. Conservative culture.
Summary
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 16, 2017
Most enjoyable part of my day is speaking with my customers and getting to know them. I have fantastic associations with my Area Sales Team and their customers.