j2 Global Employee Reviews

Awesome Environment
Telecom Intern (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAMay 17, 2016
Awesome management. Fast paced environment. Co-workers were nice. Fun place to be in. Very technical. Many people to go to.
I work for a company that develops sales opportunities for eFax Corporate
Sales Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 3, 2016
We have a great office with a wonderful, upbeat atmosphere. Coworkers are easy to get along with & always have a good sense of humor. Hours are great, we get in early, connect with as many leads as possible via phone & email, & send qualified leads over to our sales team in Hollywood. Hardest part of the job is walking from one side of the office to the other to get a cup of coffee. The best part of the job is when you work hard, it pays off.
Pros
Hours, benefits, awesome boss & coworkers.
Cons
duplicates in salesforce, occasional slow internet connection
Has Potential
Tier 2 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CASeptember 10, 2015
j2 based in Hollywood CA is a cloud based telecom company. Overall rating is good due to the fact I worked in one department and that was as a tech support rep for their virtual PBX service and email support. For three years there were no raises for a company that boast the fact that they are "cash rich". There are employees that far exceed the vested time that have not had a single cent since being hired. The customers aren't bad and the work days are usually fine but with an unorganized management team and very few efficient processes they lack the fundamentals to have a completely successful team. The culture there is almost the same as all call centers but the Manager acts as she is almighty and everyone under her are mere minions at her disposal and if you are good you get rewarded with candy and treats. I think j2 as a whole will continue to grow but the Tech team needs better management support and organization.
Pros
Good Atmospher
Not healthy work enviroment
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Leadership from the top down is horrible- creates a very unpleasant work environment.
Difficult to be promoted if you are a woman (Marketing).
Very high turnover among the best employees.
Bad business practices toward their customers.
Clock in and out, even management level employees.
Pros
regular work hours, no oneworks weekends since there is no incentive.
Cons
terrible culture. bad moral among employees. deceptive hiring process. limited career growth.
Job Stability
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJuly 17, 2014
great company ! job stability ! great benefits !

I learned how to resolve technical issue how to handle billing questions .
Great Place, Great Managers
Customer Tech (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2014
Speak with customer Nation wide and support with tech issues.
Pros
free donuts on fridays
Cons
schedule and short breaks
good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 14, 2014
The company was very large and made a ton of money and had good products. The management was pretty good. We had a ton of different Supervisors and Managers to go to in case of issue. Everyone seemed very helpful. HR was also helpful.
Pros
management has your back and also were very helpful.
Cons
promises of bonuses, but no follow through. annual reviews with no raises.
Inside sales Department is a Joke
Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  West hollywoodNovember 18, 2013
This company lacks the ability to care about its employees. It's really sad because there are some really good people work for them in sale, but they stay so unhappy. Advice to J2, happy employees make a happy company. The way I've seen employee come and go in the 3 years I've worked for you is unreal. Good hardworking people have left, and once a door open for me I'll be exiting as well. I'm sure there are companies out there that are happy to see successful sales reps and not find way to disrupt their employees way to make a living. Talking from your employees is not a way to keep up a good moral. People are in sales to make money, not loose it.
Pros
hollywood location, free food at times, good co-workers
Not a good place for a career
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  West HollywoodOctober 26, 2013
Company doesn't not focus on it employees. Most people stay because they have no other choice. No growth, and high turnover
Pros
good people
Cons
bad company
Very dynamic, high growth, fast paste company
Director, Operations & Corp. Business Development (Former Employee) –  LA, CAJune 26, 2013
Growing super fast, this company was an amazing real-life school for me. I developed along side this company.