JD Byrider

JD Byrider Employee Reviews

Not a pleasant atmospphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Management is of poor quality. Employees that dont do there job correctly seem to get special treatment. I would not recommend this place to anyone
Worst place to work!!
employee (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 25, 2016
I worked there for a couple month! They do not drug test employees and have people treating cars like their personal vehicle doing what they want to them. The manager uses racial slurs towards employees. They are just plain rude to customers. Cursing and talking bad about them, stealing items out of their cars and act like nothing happened. The company is franchised owned so it is no telling when the owner comes in or even knows whats going on he's just collecting a paycheck from hard working people. They all are rude and I don't understand how they are still in business. If you are looking for a great job with excellent people, DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!
Pros
Driving different cars, straight hourly
Cons
Talked to like you're owned by them, have to deal with other employee's doing drugs, and awful company.
customer oriented and proffesional
Assistant Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 15, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of interviewing new customers and calling to collect payment mainly. Filing and making sure deal jackets had all the required information, verifying insurance, and verifying all the customers information such as : income, employments, and residency. I learned how to navigate through various software, how to file insurance claims, and how to prepare for auditors.
Pros
free insurance, holiday bonus, closed holidays
Cons
long days sitting in front of a computer
Do Not Work Here
General Manager- Austin South (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2016
Horrible Top Heavy Upper Management, CEO has no clue what is going on. CEO believes store level should spend 6 days a week open to close in the store and micro manages down to how many phone calls you make per day.
Sales, sales, sales
Branch Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 24, 2015
JD Byrider is place where customers with no credit, bad credit, and minimal money down can get be approved for a reliable vehicle.
Productive and busy workplace
Title Clerk/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2015
I checked supply inventory, answered multi-line phone system, entered all final sale data into system, prepared titles for vehicles for sale and/or release
Excellent bonuses
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PADecember 13, 2015
Start the day with diagnosing customers car problems, getting estimates and selling the jobs. Most of the co-workers are great. I get together with a lot of them outside of work. Management is not the greatest. Many problems in that area. The hardest part of my job is having to pick up the slack due to lazy workers. I enjoy that my job is different every day and challenging.
Pros
Free lunches, great bounses
Cons
Bad management
wonderful
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 18, 2015
I absolutely loved my job here. JD became my second family and I was so so sad to leave. There was a little bit of turn over with the sales people but that can be expected at a dealership. One of the best things about working here was birthday cake on everyone's birthdays!
Fast paced and friendly environment
Branch Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 31, 2015
Fast paced and friendly environment. Interview potential customers for auto loans. Review credit history, interview, verify current and previous job history, residential history.
Really Poor Management
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  5600 West Sahara ave Las Vegas NVOctober 26, 2015
They send you through a ton of classes and no matter how good of an employee you are there are very little to no raises and they use you and get rid of you.
I was referred through LinkedIn and they paid me the highest
Auto Broker/Bird dog (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHOctober 14, 2015
These guys are top-notch since they own 7 franchises in OH and now one in Charlotte, NC They valued me very much and we all worked well as a team. They paid me more than corporate; and even paid me $100 an app even if they didn't purchase the car.
Pros
Great money working for the franchise- checks rolled in from OH
Cons
Sometimes I had to wait a while for my checks to be mailed
Receptionist and cashier job
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 28, 2015
Learned a lot at this job like how to issue new license plates, make online payments, and managing inventory. Didn't care for the hours or some people I worked with.
Comfortable place to work with good employees
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 8, 2015
JD Byrider is a high risk lending buy here/pay here car dealership. My day starts with calls to my delinquent customers to confirm time of payment. I handle customer issues as they arise concerning their account, payments and service. I process closing paperwork and submit to our title clerk and operations manager for review.
I have learned a new industry very quickly. The ability to manage a persons spending habits is one of the most difficult tasks to learn. I have learned about the intricacies of the auto industry. Upselling additional products and services to the loan.
Management is great and lead and taught me well. Fair and concerned.
The hardest part of my job is collections. It is very difficult to make someone pay a bill that they don't have the money for.
I really enjoy my co-workers and team. The closing process and seeing someone happy because we were able to help them obtain a vehicle when no one else would.
Pros
Bonus Structure, good work environment
Cons
Long hours, little work/life balance, high stress at times
Great place with great people!!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 19, 2015
Love being able to help people. Get them a vehicle when other have not been able to .....make their lives better. Make my team better, stronger...for this job and beyond.
Pros
The people....employees and customers
Cons
NA
work place was a fair place to work
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 13, 2015
over all fair place to work, just the hour was long and there was no family time or other time for self. the pay was good. no real time off
Pros
good people
Cons
supper long hours
NOOOOOOOO
Salesman/Credit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLAugust 3, 2015
Was not the best place to work. You have 0 job security. The compensation is not worth the risk. Especially with the amount of hours required to make a decent amount. You will make below minimum wage if you do not sell 10 cars a month. Car payments are not friendly with the customers and makes it difficult.
Great family oriented place to work.
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  NMJuly 17, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work. The owners of the company were all related and very fair people. They were very rewarding with their knowledge. They were open to my opinion and did change things that were for the better of the company. I learned all the ins and outs of the automobile business. I enjoyed all the aspects of my job.
Pros
Family owned business with free healthcare.
Cons
Being a subprime lender, trying to make the right loan decision.
I loved this job for the customers and the prospect of new accounts
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 8, 2015
Upon arrival, I would check my calendar for calls I needed to make or appointments set for that day. I learned that information retrieved from my customer had to be impeccable at all times. Management was ok, that was the finance company..they didn't approve alot of my customers. My coworkers were competitive but friendly. The hardest part of the job was realizing it was a glorified "Buy here , Pay here" when putting out the flags. The most enjoyable part of the job was my customer driving away in a much needed vehicle.
Pros
cold calls are always fun
Cons
moving the cars around on a rainy day
Not Recommended - Detailer
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OhioJune 19, 2015
Working at JD Byrider had its ups and downs. There was a lot of moving around and rushing to get your quotas done. Often when I would go to work I would find myself doing other peoples jobs, as everyone else in the shop had to do because we were understaffed.
No appreciation would go out for doing this extra work and running this extra mile for them, they would simply complain that you are not getting your own work done fast enough.

I would often come in and find myself getting sent on hour to hour and a half long journeys to go pick up a car in other locations. Sometimes the sales lead would come back with a customer car (that we were not obligated to clean) in the middle of our work day and say 'Clean this'. We, of course, would have too even though it was a complete waste of time.

The atmosphere in the shop was light and fun, due to the people that I worked with. But when they cut our bonus program and made a few more cuts elsewhere we all left.

I do not recommend working for JD Byrider unless you really need the money.
Pros
All pros were taken away right before I left
Cons
Long meetings that interrupt your work day, doing jobs for other people, no AC, often no fans, faulty or broken equipment, apathetic management
Geart place for employment
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 16, 2015
If you are a people person it's a great place for employment. It's never a moment where you're not busy. If you enjoy different personalities I say GO FOR IT!