JD MCCARTY CENTER Employee Reviews in United States

Energetic and Rewarding!
Direct Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 26, 2013
On a daily basis i was in direct contact with children that had developmental disablities. I helped them play and work on thereapies.I assisted them with eating and bathing. I was able to take them on field trips. My teammates and I were very much a team we became a family and were always in sync of what the patients needed and how we could best accomplish the goals of the company together! The hardest part of the job was to not get so attached to patients because you would be heartbroken when they went home. The most enjoyable part is that you are able to really get to know each and every patient and see them accomplish new goals.
Pros
benefits, leave time, food provided.
Cons
on call days
Fun place to work with lots of awesome people who dedicate their time to helping children with disabilities.
Administrative Technician II (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 3, 2014
Work duties vary from day to day but consist of providing supplies to group homes, warehouse inventory and purchasing/procurement duties.

Creating schedules for direct care staff and nursing staff. Reviewing leave request and maintaining adequate coverage.

Creating patient schedules for each week.

Teaching orientation classes to new employees.

Reviewing applications, interviewing prospective employees, and reference checking.

Medical product research.
Pros
great people with a great mission.
Cons
state mandated pay bands
Fulfilling, fun, and allows work-life balance
RN - House Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 30, 2013
Overall, this is an easy-going, low-stress job. You are surrounded by kids usually with positive attitudes and smiling faces. I am always excited for them to progress or advance whether in communication, physical abilities, or behavior. The people who are drawn to work with children are typically very caring, compassionate, and loving.

As an RN, you begin your day receiving report, delivering medications, then documenting. The day may include assessment of new admissions, traveling to appointments with children, preparing medications to take for all patients on field trips, or discharging current patients and educating their parents.

As in any job there are people who you like & those you don't. The worst thing here I wish would improve is communication, especially from the top down. This could be helped by better use of technology which is another area of weakness.
Pros
working with kids, low-stress job, meals included
Cons
poor communication, poor use of technology, difficult to make changes/improvements
Extremely rewarding place to work with children.
Direct Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 17, 2013
Getting patients up in the morning, getting them ready for the day, feeding them, assisting with daily living skills, taking them to and from school and any therapies they might have.

Working with the assigned psychologist and documenting per the behavior plan for the patient.

Worked in a small house type setting with up to 6 others on my shift.

The hardest part of my job was getting attached to the patients.
If you love children this is a great place to work
Nurse Aide 2nd shift Took care of patients (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 29, 2012
I loved this job the kids were the best and you couldn't have asked for nicer people to work with. Over the years i have really missed them!

4.2