Our client, a new and quickly growing non-profit, public charter school is interviewing for an Associate Head of School.
The primary responsibilities of the Associate Head of School include developing this new and innovative middle school as a viable, innovative, sustainable, and efficient non-profit public charter school.
As Associate Head of School, you would be responsible for the overall business operations of the school. Additionally, this position directly interfaces with the Head of School in developing and evolving strategic initiatives. The Associate Head of School’s role is to oversee and support all aspects of the school’s activities. Joining an innovative, ambitious school at a critical growth stage, the Associate Head of School will bring highly effective leadership development practices to shape culture, results, and expectations at this middle school.
The skills and qualifications for the ideal candidate to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty accurately:
- Possesses the core characteristics required of every all school employees– mission-driven, innovative, disciplined thinker, collaborative, and personally responsible.
- Possesses a deep commitment to the school’s mission toward eliminating the achievement gap while producing our leaders of tomorrow.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively.
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills; high sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently; ability to work independently and/or part of a team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in strategic and project planning, incorporating the perspective and participation of multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skill.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with representatives from all levels of organization, from board members and external constituents to school leaders and teachers.
- Ability to create, monitor and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project, and the ability to quickly learn new applications
A Bachelor's degree is required with a Masters degree in education of M.Ed/MBA preferred.
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY. Reply in confidence with resume and salary requirements. Interviews are being conducted immediately. Additional essential job functions are listed below:
- Develop detailed understanding of the manner in which community schools and programs are funded at federal, state, and local levels and ensure that the school maximizes funding all such sources including the various title programs.
- Prepare budget in concert with the Head of School, Board Chair, Finance Chair, Operations Manager and the school treasurer for approval by the board.
- Oversee and manage the bookkeeping, accounts payable, payroll, and related fiscal matters and ensure all are attended to accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Facilitate priority-setting, and resource allocation for programs such as Federal grant programs, including Title plans and allocations, National School Lunch Program, new school funding sources, etc.
- Work with the Head of School and other parties to plan, budget and seek board approval for expansion of the school’s programs and services.
- Develop and implement strategic plan for student recruiting.
- Oversee the architecture of back office systems to ensure integration and full support of school and Breakthrough mission.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of, and adherence to, policies and procedures that guide, track or document the activities of the middle school.
- Prepare marketing and other materials to communicate the mission and successes of the school to the public.
- Drive the strategic planning process, including annual strategic planning and ongoing performance management toward strategic goals.
- Create a structure for long-term, cross-functional projects; work with all stakeholders to drive projects to completion.
- Facilitate development of partnerships with the community, including those entities that align with the the middle school’s mission, are part of the community school system, or who share our concern for improving the education of young children and for hands-on project based learning.
- In collaboration with the Head of School, maintain the middle school’s culture that reflects its vision, mission and values.
- Oversee the after school program; student recruitment and retention; parent programs; other school- provided services; and development and implementation of new board approved programs.
Human Resource Management
- Identify, hire, coach, develop, and retain top talent for all administrative positions.
- Participate in talent acquisition for the middle school, including building awareness and rapport with potential candidates, in order to hire teachers and academic support positions.
- Oversee the on-boarding process for all new hires; coordinate all HR functions with BCS HR division.
- Establish rigorous standards for professional development and work with the Operations Manager to address all staff training needs at the middle school.
- Facilitate and improve the middle school’s diversity initiatives.
- Implement staff performance review process and templates for consistent measurement; ensure annual review compliance.
- Provide ongoing needs assessment of the school’s facilities, maintenance, and security. Work with the Head of School and the board to develop and implement plans to address these assessments.
- Oversee and manage the janitorial vendor and their scope of work.
- Responsible for the facility security system.
- Make certain that the building is kept clean, well maintained, and safe.
- Develop detailed understanding of reporting requirements and mechanisms relating to Ohio community schools to ensure compliance.
- Implement and evolve compliance systems of the Ohio Department of Education requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Indeed - 2 years ago