JMD Staffing Company has an immediate need for Teacher Assistants.
Pay is $12/hr.
Under General Supervision:
1. Assists Teacher in the planning and implementation of daily developmental learning models for pre-school age children that provide for cultural and social economic backgrounds, emotional or physical disabilities and individual style and pace of learning.
2. Maintains a physical environment that is conducive to promoting optimal growth and development via positive social interaction of pre-school children, including eating with children.
3. Monitor and supervise children at all times.
4. Demonstrate respect for families’ values, strengths, and cultures by welcoming their contributions and participation, encouraging children to talk about their families, and designing learning experiences accordingly. Uses information about children obtained through home visits, parent-teacher conferences, and other parent-staff interaction by incorporating this data into daily routines and interactions with children.
5. Assists Teacher in the implementation of developmentally appropriate reading, writing, mathematics, science, and social programs that enhance children’s knowledge and language and literacy development; and furthers children’s listening, vocabulary, and attention span by using prompts for discussion and follow-up activities.
6. Assists Teacher in the Coordination with Family Service Worker, ADA, and child abuse program requirements, and assists in scheduling and documenting parent-teacher conferences and home visits.
7. Participate in monthly parent meetings and special events.
8. Assists the teacher with daily observations and health checks.
9. Actively participates in staff meetings, training sessions, conferences, workshops and other career development and professional activities.
10. Monitors and assists in the documentation of children’s progress per the goals developed by self and other staff and specialists, including those in IFSP’s, by observing and documenting children’s play, conversations, routines/schedules, health checks and work samples and through conversations with families in order to meet federal, state, and program documentation requirements.
11. Participate in transition process to or from Early Head Start/Head Start, home, and/or other early education and care settings by engaging families, others in the program, and members of the community in planning and implementing strategies that ensure success that ensure successful transitions, including the transfer of child records.
1. CDA (college coursework in Early Childhood Education or related field, preferred).
2. Demonstrated knowledge of pre-school teaching activity and diverse cultures.
3. Two (2) years of experience working with children in a classroom setting.
4. Two (2) years of customer service experience.
5. Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Office applications.
6. Experience working with diverse populations, including low to moderate-income families.
7. Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
8. Ability to work with and teach infants and toddlers.
9. Ability to analyze and interpret data and to handle problem resolution.
10. Willingness to accommodate planned and unplanned travel to and from Head Start Center and other meeting/conference locations, including overnight and/or out of town travel.
11. Ability to meet the physical qualifications of the position with or without accommodation.
12. No felonies.