JPMorgan Chase
6,495 reviews

JPMorgan Chase United States Employee Reviews

Great place to advance your career
Product Manager, Data Migration (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 22, 2015
Co-workers were the most professional I've ever worked with. There was plenty of room to advance or try new roles within the company. Work can be very demanding, but it is possible to advance while maintaining a healthy balance between work and family.
Satisfying Work Experience
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: supportive colleagues, awesome benefits
Cons: cash compensation a bit below market rate
JPMC recognizes the importance of work-life balance, with its comprehensive employee benefits, and flexible work arrangements. Compensation could be higher though.
Nice enviornment to be productive in.
Lead Bank Teller (Current Employee), Queens, NYApril 22, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company mostly because I was able to learn and exercise my customer service skills and enhance my confidence with handling money.
This was a high stress job.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 22, 2015
Pros: I earned a paycheck.
Cons: The environment was less than desirable.
A typical day at work was to come in early and get coffee. Go to my cubicle put on my headset and punch in on the computer. I learned I never want to work with mortgages ever again. Co-workers were stress also. The hardest part of the job was the job itself. There were no enjoyable parts to this job.
Great job for a people person
Personal Banker - Retail Services (Former Employee), 101 Barclay Street - New York, NY 10001April 22, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits
Cons: Harassing people to bank with Chase
Being a Personal Banker can be very rewarding if you like talking to people and enjoy sometimes long hours. The pay is ok but you make most of your money in commission getting people to open accounts and get mortgages or Home Equity Loans or Lines of Credit. When I was there you needed to earn a certain amount of points by getting new clients in the door. That was how you earned commission. Unfortunately for me I was in an employee only branch and most of the employees did not need to open accounts as they got one when they were hired and didn't need to be educated about Chase products as they worked there and received emails and other communications about special discounts and offers for employees. This made getting new clients harder.
Mortgage Banking Customer Assistance Specialist (Current Employee), Rochester NYApril 22, 2015
There are a lot of opportunities within the company. A great way to learn other job functions and responsibities to become more transparent.
The whole industry is getting tougher
Branch Manager, Vice President (Current Employee), Northern NJApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great training
Cons: Little chance for growth
On the surface this is a great company, however with the technology push people are being replaced by machines and jobs are becoming scarce.
mostly pluses here
Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioApril 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Every company has pros and cons. Chase has way more positives than negatives. Great benefits, including vacation and on site medical.
Great bank, not so great management
Senior Teller (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 21, 2015
Not everyone has a bad manager, but I've had many bad managers at Chase. They care about the bottom line and will drive anyone who isn't producing out of the bank. Great college job!
large stable company
Closer/Funder (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
JPMorgan Chase is one of the largest financial service companies and offers stability and good benefits. The size can make it's policies and procedures a little rigid and it's difficult to implement any changes.
Support Analyst (Current Employee), Highland Oaks, Tampa, FLApril 21, 2015
Pros: Decent pay; casual work attire
Cons: Not allowed to bring significant other to Xmas party; Security is very restrictive.
Typical day is catching up on events via email to see what transpired before I showed up to work. View Incident report on applications I'm responsible for and see what items can be closed out and tied together. Check with co-workers on any projects which require coordination. Review all major system changes to determine impact and draw up necessary projects to meet the changes. Review Disaster Recovery documents and procedures to ensure it meets all existing requirements. Hardest or really the most annoying part of the job is all of the security like cannot email to a common carrier like Yahoo or Gmail. You have to enter your id and password millions of times as you visit many intranet sites. Getting on bridge calls and responding to Alarmpoint calls has its own level of stress, but it comes with Production Support.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits, both financially and medical
Cons: Pay is a bit low compared to others working at other companies.
JP Morgan Chase was a great place to work with great people. The schedules were family friendly and there was room for advancement with in the company.
Learning, Productive
Client Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Newark, DEApril 20, 2015
Pros: good cafeteria food, good benefits
Cons: no breaks, long hours, only one in my department that knows how to do what i do
Learning, not enough staff for one job, I put a lot of hours in because I am the only one in the office that knows how to do what needs to be done. Management has come around since I voiced my frustrations, pay is great but it is very stressful and there isn't enough respect for how hard I work.
stagnant workplace
Personal Banker/SSA/Sr. Teller (Current Employee), Valley Stream, NYApril 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: scheduling
not much opportunity for advancement The people are enjoyable to work for Scheduling is an issue and with a big company you can be just a number and lost in the shuffle
Challenging and Competitive
Associate, Prime Services (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great training of current employees
Cons: Costly Healthcare
JP Morgan provides a competitive work environment which challenges employees to maintain a high work level. They also provide excellent training for their employees.
Great company.
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee), Brooklyn,NYApril 20, 2015
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: they should increase base salary.
Great Management, with opportunity to grow. Would love to work for the company again. They spend a lot of money in developing their system, as well as training their employees, which makes work easier and more convienient for both customers and their employees.
Great work environment
Accounting & Finance Consultant (Former Employee), Stamford, CTApril 20, 2015
First job out of college, was involved in a small commodities group. Great co-workers and learned a lot. Not in role too long since it was a contracting position.
corporate america... just saying
Documentation Analyst (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: on site cafeteria, great pay, great benefits... thats all
Cons: cut throat. big business that doesnt know your name.
big company. great pay. great benefits.

if you are at the bottom you are a no body. they don't know your name.

work is ok if u know what you are going. management are all driven by numbers, because their bonus is on the line. and their job.

cut throat... like a said, big company that doesn't know your name. who are you? who cares, you are not doing a good job. Good Bye!
just like that.

although if u are good at your job. u get compensated. pay and benefits out weigh the stress.

but I cant stress enough... Corporate America. oh btw. the site with almost 900 employees- CLOSED.
Company is very pro-active in the Complaince area. Very experienced people are employeed at the company
Branch Inspection Team - Branch Examiner (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 20, 2015
My department is easy going with good people. We have had a lot of management turnovers in the last two years. The company is involved a lot with charities and promotes volunteering and mentoring.
great company to work for
National Subordination Department / Underwriting (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2015
great place to work but horrible managers and opportunity to advance, the team leaders that were in place didn't care too much about the employees

1 2 3 4 5

About JPMorgan Chase

At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for – Read more

JPMorgan Chase Salaries