JPMorgan Chase

7.2K reviews

JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

Secure job with much experince provided.
OUTBOUND FRAUD SPECIALIST (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 2, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay.
Cons: shift times.
great job, excellent benefits, gained much experience. consistent customer interaction and daily multi tasking. all benefits provided and at a great price.
Great people
Associate - Community Development Banking (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2015
Work with a lot of intelligent people on a day-to-day basis. Great opportunities to grow your career and learn new areas of the bank.
Great company to work for
Know Your Customer Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2015
Most days are fast paced, great coworkers, management is approachable, Not your average nine to five, partners worldwide, great team, love my coworkers, could improve on the technology, always learning and growing.
Good company, but never again for Bank Teller.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, flexible schedule, nice uniforms, holiday pay, 3 weeks vacation from year 1, able to work at nearby local branch from home, many branches in NYC
Cons: Low pay, purchase own uniforms, short lunch (or no lunch time when it's busy), rotating weekly schedule, overworked, micromanaged, relocate employees often to other local branches
Overall, working at Chase bank was not so bad but it could have been better with some changes as most large companies are like. The best thing about Chase is the benefits and work/life balance since it works with a flexible (the good part since you can request for a change of schedule if you need it - but of course its under managements discretion) rotating schedule weekly (which isn't so great especially it is 'subject to change without notice'). Working as a bank teller for six and half years, most days were good but with many bad days as well. I was located in a very diverse neighborhood and busy busy branch and many customers whose native language was not English which can be challenging. It was also filled with many rude disrespectful customers and it can be nonstop all day; the branch I worked at did not have chairs so during off peak time I can only briefly lean on the wall. LOCATION definitely makes a difference in work perspectives. They definitely overwork the tellers and the pay was below average and definitely not an environment I would want to go back into to be micromanaged. Upper mobility seems almost impossible unless you can wait a long time or lucky to have good supportive manager. The people are hungry for commission and meeting goals, so beware of the 'teamwork'. Therefore, good company but pays below average compare to other banks and management needs lots of work.
Teller
Full-Time Teller (Former Employee), West Windsor, NJJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Cons: Corportat cares less about employees
Taking daily transactions, selling cash to other tellers, vault or cash dispensing machines and balancing my teller drawer.
I have learned how to handled upset customers by placing myself in their shoes instead of taking it personally.
Manage at the branch I worked at was easy to go to help, improvement in areas I had slacked in or needed training for advancement in the future.
The team was like a family since we all worked Monday through Friday and alternating shifts for Saturday coverage.
Most enjoyable part was being able to help customers who had no idea of banking or needed help knowing about other banking information that I was able to help them understand better after their visit.
Hardest part of the job is trying to have customers know that low interest rates were not our fault but regulated through the government along with getting the customers to understand problems that were not able to be fixed because of certain banking regulations.
Lost in a big company
Lead Teller (Former Employee), Willowbrook, ILJuly 31, 2015
Chase has a great working environment, but it is difficult to advance in such a large company. A lot of hard work goes by unnoticed. A good place if you want to be temporary or part time.
AML Alert Operations 314 B Group
Associate Business Analysis (Current Employee), Newark, DEJuly 31, 2015
Our team works closely with the The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), other Finacial insututes as well as all of our internal groups and departments within the firm to share, identify, remediate and track issues, and develop controls to sustain improvements as they are discovered.
Good Work Life Balance
Sr. Credit Risk Analyst (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 30, 2015
Good work life balance. Management seems to value your growth, but no action is taken when the opportunity comes. Typical day includes combing through emails and then working on financial models to input real estate property financials.
Great Company
LOAN MODIFICATION UNDERWRITER (Former Employee), Jacksonville FloridaJuly 30, 2015
Pros: excellant pay
Cons: Poor training
Great management team in regards to underwriting modification loans . Great corporate values and great salary the down side is training.
Bank
Business Banker (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2015
Great place to work! The staff are like family and we enjoy spending time within and outside the workplace. Creating and building banking relationships with customers is also a plus
Good place to sart
Financial Control Analyst (Current Employee), Newark, DEJuly 29, 2015
Pros: friendly culture, lots of opportunities to learn.
Cons: poor work life balance
This place is a decent start as far as back office level jobs go. You will learn a lot and fast so you have to stay on your toes.
Productive and fun place
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 29, 2015
Leadership does not care about people and morale is low due to constant lay offs. Work life balance is non-existent; expect to work 70-80 hours/week and most weekends
Numbers were important
Customer Assistant Specialist (Former Employee), Albion, NY 14411July 29, 2015
Pros: good health care, good pay, good co-workers
Cons: trying to stick exactly to their schedule for breaks, if you are with a customer you cant say i need to go, it's my lunch time, and having that count against you.
you had so many customers you needed to contact daily for various reasons. I learned that even though we would like to keep everybody in their homes, it wasn't always feasible. Not all management totally understood what the job was like unless they did it previously. Some judged you on their feelings for you. Others knew it wasn't always an easy job to do and understood your frustrations. My co-workers were all good people and willing to help when they could, but because it was number driven, not being on the phone exactly 8 hrs a day wasn't acceptable. The hardest part of the job was having to tell a customer there was nothing we could do to help them stay in their homes. The best part was telling them they could and we were able to lower their pmts to an affordable amt.
Hard to move up
AML KYC Project Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Big company
Cons: Terrible employee review process
I've worked for the bank for almost 14 years and have had the same title for 11 of those years. It is a large bank with lots of opportunities for lateral moves but it seems quite impossible to move up to a different job grade.
JPMorgan Chase is an excellent company to be a part of.
AUTO FINANCE BOOKING AND FUNDING ANALYST (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Compensation, benefits, career advancement, and employee recognition
Cons: Changes in the business structure and direction
JPMorgan Chase is a company who takes pride in the customers as well as their employees. Chase does not focus solely on producing numbers, they ensure that the customers and employees are treated fairly and with the uttmost respect. Not one person's concern goes unnoticed or unanswered. The management staff are understandable when it comes to balancing work and family. Management is also very supportive in career advancement.
Good benefits
Senior Specialist I (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Challenging management
It is very sporadically paced. Challenging management and unnecessary actions are prominent. Light growth abilities are also a feature. Possible long relationships established.
Leader in Banking
Bank (Current Employee), MichiganJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Work/Life Balance
Cons: N/A
A leader in financial services. They expect the best. Focus on providing the best customer service by providing customized recommendations to our customers.
hectic but interesting
Risk Management Analyst (Former Employee), philippinesJuly 29, 2015
as a risk management analyst, we were in charge in determining if the account has/is experiencing fraudulent activity. it was fun doing some detective work
Interesting place to work at
Consumer Banker (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 29, 2015
In was a interesting job. Back to back calls. Deal with sometimes angry customers but most of all the job was very rewarding.
QA Client Support Analyst / UAT (Contract) (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2015
Great Place to work!
This is some of the responsibility:
Corresponded via phone and email; Finalized documents; Updated spreadsheet reports; Input all test cases into ALM for NA, EMEA & APAC; Update ALM daily with test cases and reported defects for team progress toward test completion prior to release; Daily meetings with LOBs, SMEs, Legal, and Technology Teams (Programmers and Developers) for deep dive sessions on business requirements; writing scripts for test cases.
Headquarters