JPMorgan Chase
5,051 reviews

JPMorgan Chase Employer Reviews

Productive place to work in
Compliance Analyst - AML Alert Operations (Current Employee), BrooklynAugust 28, 2014
Great company. A lot of opportunities for growth. It has been a good experience since day 1
Structured and analyzed risk regarding real estate transactions
Mortgage Banking Program Underwriter (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2014
Negotiated terms with bankers around clients' requests. Evaluated profitability of Schedule C businesses, Partnerships, S-Corporations, and Corporations. Examined appraisals to determine properties' fair market values. Certifications: Conventional and HARP.
Productive and Customer Friendly
Teller (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2014
Pros: health benefits, flexible with my school schedule
A typical day at work, consist of friendly co-workers and customers in and out. I have learned to hear customers issue and solve their issues from start to finish. Since I began working at JPMorgan Chase & Co. I have learned to be friendly to others, work well with others, choosing the words I say, and especially dealing with issues. My job as a teller – more... is to be consisted with the cash I am handling, the company and the customers rely that I handle my cash accurately. – less
Large Firm with a lot of opportunity
AML Compliance- Paper Reviewer (Current Employee), Columbus, OhAugust 28, 2014
Pros: larrge firm with a lot of opportunity
Cons: upper management
Great Co-workers, there is a lot of opportunity to move around the company if you choose.
great office to work in. I miss it very much
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2014
Pros: stable job
Cons: non
I miss this job due to the co-workers and the managment. Very productive position.
Sit at a desk on the phone with a headset all day
Business Card Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Newark, DEAugust 27, 2014
Cons: poorly managed, poor training, don't believe a thing they say.
Training was inconsistent, was told one thing by one trainer and then something totally opposite by another, was told would be a business card portfolio review risk analyst, then they turn around and tell half the class they will be doing new consumer accounts after we had done 90% training in portfolio risk review. Awful company.
Banker
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2014
Big company with a lot of room for advancement. Can be very stressful. Constant pay cuts. Great management and co workers
Competitive, hierarchical and often bureaucratic
Finance Business Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2014
Pros: complexity, responsibility, excellent comp for majority
Cons: attitudes, politics, bureaucracy
As with any large company, politics often got in the way of doing your job well. So much movement and job change made it difficult for clients to really know who they were working with from day to day making relationships harder to build.
The doors were always there though, so opportunity was abundant. Timing is everything and you could be on your way – more... up or out at any moment. Not for the faint of heart but quite possibly a very maturing experience. – less
JP Morgan Chase offered numerous job work-life balance opportunities
Vice President (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYAugust 27, 2014
Pros: work-life balance opportunities.
Cons: odd business culture. chase-chemical merger poor fit.
I had started my career with Chemical Bank, merging into Chase and then Chase acquiring JP Morgan forming JP Morgan Chase.

At the time that I left JPMC they were very accommodating with many different work-life balance programs, making it very easy to work from home or away.

Most of my Financial Services career with JPMC was in Credit Risk Management – more... - Acquisitions – less
Best US Bank to work for
Trader (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2014
Recent regulatory environment has decrease the value of a banking career.
Employees are treated as commodities
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 27, 2014
Pros: large environment with plenty of technology for you to learn
Cons: lots of turnover due to poor management.
The company is too large. there is not enough staff for the size of the environment +250k users. There are quite a few manager who have never been to a management class, and although they may be an expert in the product they are managing, they have no clue on how to manage people.
Good company, but it needs some improvement.
Telephone Banker (Former Employee), Arlington,TexasAugust 26, 2014
Pros: good benefits, vacation time right away
Cons: schedule, unorganized
Great company to work for, but it needs some
improvement. favoritism is big in this company and not a lot
of customer service oriented people, some people should not be working there because they just make it difficult on other telephone bankers.
A Typical Day at Work
Relationship Banker/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Boise, IdahoAugust 26, 2014
Pros: great employees and benefits
Cons: location from home
Conduct morning huddle to share success from the day prior, also communicate and coach any new updates and then set the plan for the day. Stay engaged with employees and customers in the branch. Help out on the teller line or on the new accounts side. Run branch in the absence of the branch manager. Also work with partners with appointment setting and – more... being available to help wherever needed. – less
Great place to work if not in a management position
Operations Unit Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 26, 2014
Pros: big city locations, small town feel
Cons: health care costs are high
Once promoted to a management position, my workload more than tripled. I would have to work 60-70 hours in the week to try to keep up. I didn't feel as if my management team understood how much work they expected from the managers at my level. It was not realistic or compensated.
Great working environment, friendly team and management
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 26, 2014
Pros: great team, great benefiits, helpful employee tools
I worked for Chase for a little over 4 years. During my tenure at Chase I was given the opportunity to work side by side many experienced managers as well as District Managers.

I was given administrative authority and was one of the youngest operations supervisor within my district with a performance level branch. The hardest part of the job was clocking – more... out to go home. I really enjoyed working at Chase and managing my team; not only we're we a team, but we were like family - the communication level was excellent and the environment was friendly and helpful. – less
Fun place to work at while going to school
Card Services Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 26, 2014
Pros: everything.
This was a fun place to work at. Great benefits and pay. During the winter months it gets extremely chaotic taking over 140 calls a day, but besides that it was fun.
The hardest part of the job was taking the massive number of calls.
The best part was getting to know the people on the phones and the people you get to work with. Customers aren't normally – more... upset, so that is nice. – less
Branch Manager- Vice President (Former Employee), Houston, TxAugust 26, 2014
Pros: lots of time off
Cons: long hours
*Great Work life balance.
*lots of benefits.
*Tons of time off
Customer Service Focused
Assistant Vice President/Asst Branch Manager (Current Employee), Orlando FlAugust 26, 2014
What i learn was to providing outstanding customer service with every customers.
Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: supportive team
Typical day at work consists with assisting customers with either convenience services or acquiring new financial products.

Every customer is different and should be handled according to the issue at hand.

Management is very helping and has many resources when opening new products and resolving issues.

Coworkers are supportive and have lots of knowledge.

Hardest – more... part is balancing between certain customers as some may need more time than others.

Most enjoyable part of the job is resolving the issues many customers simply can not do by themselves. – less
Deadline-driven, fast paced workplace
Regional Lockbox Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 25, 2014
A sometimes stressful, deadline-driven environment, but has allowed me to work with the best group of people I have ever worked with. This company truly values integrity in it's employees. The hardest part of this job is the unpredictable hours, but that also allows for a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.

1 2 3 4 5

About JPMorgan Chase

At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for – Read more