JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews in United States

Found 8,999 reviews matching the search
Fun Company to work for if you enjoy meeting and working with people
Operations Analyst/Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 3, 2016
Co-workers and Managers are hard working professionals who enjoy what they do, although like in most companies there are times when you have to endure plenty of stress due to staffing challenges to meet high customer satisfaction expectations.
Pros
Insurance and 401k Benefits are great
Cons
Stressful work environment due to staffing needs
Great company to work for and love the CEO's philosophy for the company.
Vice President, Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 3, 2016
Great company to work for and love the CEO's philosophy for the company. Large company that some times operates as a lot of small companies without great consistencies in policies and procedures. Work and life balance is a priority for the company but hard to gain sometimes due to critical deadlines. The company has taken an effort to employ more women into the company and into more leadership roles and plans to do the same for African Americans and I believe that is definitely the right approach going forward.
Pros
Large company with lots of opportunities.
Good work environment
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
I worked there for a yr and some change. I was told i would be promoted to full time at my branch with in 6 months once a teller left or was promoted. this never occurred instead they hired two part time tellers for 20 hrs. Management weren't very knowledgeable about policy, procedures and operations.
Pros
Great name recognition, good entry level experience
Cons
short breaks, pay and advancement
Co-workers were very helpful
Team Leader, Card Services (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMay 3, 2016
Co-workers were very helpful and best part of working at JPMorgan Chase. Expectations by management were not realistic or sustainable. Management led from their offices and were rarely seen on the floor interacting with front line employees.
Pros
Co-workers were helpful and understanding
Cons
No work life balance due to amount of responsibilities expected to perform.
Very good place to work at
Trader's Assistant - Securitized Product Group (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
It's a great experience. The people you work with are very talented. There are many things I learned here. JP is a very diverse and dynamic place.
Good Starting Job
Strategic Project Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 2, 2016
JP Morgan is a great place to start a career. The different experiences allow you to gain alot of knowledge in different areas.
Pros
Great work environment, Good career opportunities
Cons
Hard to differentiate yourself
last manager was great
Lead Teller Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reseda, CAMay 2, 2016
They expect a lot from you but wont give what you deserve they will help you but any mistake will make you loose your job.You must provide great customer sevice which I agree,I made plenty of friends hard working people
Pros
co workers
Cons
hr, policies
Excellent
Middle Market Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2016
A great place to work. A big corporate environment and undergoes constant change. I recommended if you are looking for this type of work environment.
Financial Institution with Growth Opportunities, Comfortable Work Space, Friendly Team
Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 30, 2016
The day starts with a daily scrum and status call. This helped us get through any blockages in the work flow. It has plenty of learning opportunities like new tools and training sessions. Got to work closely with the users and the management.

The team was the best part to work with. Very helpful and cooperative.
stressful work environment but good coworkers
Auto Finance Collections Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 29, 2016
I have worked for this company for about 9 yrs. A lot was learned in those yrs but it was rough. The nature of the work is stressful and monthly stats are set way too high. I feel better not being there at this moment but will miss my coworkers because most of them were good folks. I learned a lot in my time there and appreciate the opportunity but so ready to move on!
Pros
decent pay, good benefits, a lot learned, good coworkers
Cons
stressful job, expectations set too high
Nice place to work
Fraud Analysist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 29, 2016
a typical day at work for me would be me arriving a work and going on my 1st break in 2 hours and then lunch 2 hours after that. i hated the hours here i would work 4 10 hour days in a row with no room for a different shift
great places to work
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 29, 2016
This is a great company to work for and you can learn a lot in a short time.good pay also.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Pros
weekings off and pay
Cons
new managers need more training
Global Financial Institution...Nice place to work..Lot of flexibility..Need some good management..at certail levels
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 29, 2016
Nice company for the startups...Lot of opportunities..However need better training modules and transparency..Performance evaluation needs to be strengthened and also focus needs to be more on people agenda...
Great experience
Merchant Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2016
I really enjoyed it there and learned a lot but unfortunately merchant services now a days is highly competitive and doesn't pay what it use to.
Active workplace
Sales and Trading Analyst, Equity Finance Desk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2016
Monitor the equity finance portfolio’s interest rate risks, DV01 and swap basis, and implement hedging strategies with traders to keep
exposure under established limits
Poor management, difficult to advance, great benefits.
Customer Service Specialst III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 28, 2016
Management was very inconsistent. From one manager to another you'd get different levels of support and coaching. Some were really success and skill oriented and some just wanted to talk numbers. I never kept a manager or team for more than a few months before they were moving us all around to new one's and before I left, I'd already had 6 different managers. The pay was great and the benefits were amazing but the idea of being stuck doing the same thing with no hope for progression (because you couldn't keep a manager long enough to set up a plan for advancement) just wasn't appealing anymore. I loved the people I worked with and there were always fun things going on, but the management ruined it for me.
Pros
Free lunches, on site activities, benefits package, work environment
Cons
Management, inconsistency, advancement.
Collections with a smile
Account Management Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILApril 28, 2016
I was able to assist card holders from all walks of life with their financial problems and was happy to work for a company that trusted I would make the right decision for both the bank and card holders alike
Pros
Bonus structure
Cons
Long commute
sressful place to work
risk operations analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 27, 2016
accepting phone calls from angry customers. I learned how bad the banking indrustry is getting bad. management was vert helpful. coworkers come and go. dealing with angry customers,
Pros
learrning alot
Cons
sressful30
Productive place offers a lot of experience...
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 26, 2016
Nice place to work. Lovely people to associate with. An engaging place of work with friendly co-workers. The management was nice resolved issues swiftly and handled employee matters with first class priority.
Overall a great company to work for
Business Analyst I (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 26, 2016
I would recommend working at JPMorgan Chase. The company has transitioned into caring both for its customers as well as its employees.
Pros
Endless opportunities within the banking industry.
Cons
Internal promotions are not fairly compensated compared to external new hires