JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

Found 10,580 reviews matching the search
Very dependent on your immediate supervisors
Small Business Specialist/Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 30, 2017
I personally had not the most supportive management. Because of the relationship between branch manager and market executive, my BM was intimidated going to them with a lot. So that would sow the seeds of miscommunication and create a lack of pperceived investment. Those things aside, I was not once offered any other position than the one I had, and when inquiring about other roles usually went nowhere. Great benefits and holiday pay policies, but the lack of upward mobility really hurts. Very incentive-sales based (which shouldn't be a surprise), but how the incentive changes every year can be annoying. All-in-all, a decent company to work for if you want a solid job that offers a respectable work life balance. You will have to fight tooth and nail for advancement, though.
Pros
Bank holidays, benefits.
Cons
Pay, hard to move up, subjective culture
Everyday I'm able to tackle different projects.
Personal Banker, Small Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 5, 2017
So much so, that my only constant is change.
The best part about this job is the people I get to work closely with everyday. They make even the tough days better.
I enjoy, at the end of the day I've helped a lot of people, made money, worked with great people and was challenged to be the best in customer service and sales in my market.
Work/life balance is one focus at this company.
I will work hard by making sales calls, following up with my prospects in contact manager and building a pipeline of sales for the future.
Pros
Great Benefits and Management, Work life Balance
Cons
advancement opportunities only if one were to relocate to a larger city.
Diverse workplace in which you decide your future.
Sr. Specialist 2 (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHFebruary 28, 2017
Either you have a work schedule that works for you or you don't. The benefits(medical, dental, vision, medical reimbursement 401k/pension, sick/personal time,) offered especially the amount of vacation time is exceptional. Its easy to become burnt out from the job so its good to take advantage of projects and advancement opportunities. All of the managers I have had are knowledgeable, down to earth and don't treat you as if they are just your manager somewhat as a colleague but they have your best interest in mind to develop your career.
Pros
Workplace Culture, Benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Rules/Regulation Changes
One of the least preferable companies I've worked for
Registered Retirement Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 25, 2017
The department I worked for did not focus on investor relations; rather, it focused on metrics. Agents were encouraged to keep conversations with clients short, as each call was timed. An agent was penalized if a call with a client exceeded a certain amount of time, which as I recall was around seven minutes. It was preferable, it seemed, to have a client call back as many times as necessary to receive full service and support for their particular concern.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Lack of good training, lack of work/life balance, lack of promotional opportunities, questionable business ethics and practices, unfriendly to people with disabilities, seemingly lacking a human element in management, not a friendly work environment
Overall a Solid company - despite a few bad apples
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Overall, JPM is really a good company to work for. My experience was rather challenging as I worked with an Extremely difficult group of people and a terrible manager. No true leadership, Your group is a reflection of its leader - Good and Bad! (I could write a book!) I truly believed a few have gained the title of manager because of their "Social abilities" and by the "who you know not what you know". EXTREME Passive-aggressive managing styles will produce difficult, undisciplined employees who are allowed to mistreat others unfairly, just on the basis of their tenure.. Management should be professional and without bias at all times.
Pros
Good Work-life balance, advancement opportunities within the company, paid education and training - top notch
Cons
Managers ethical practices are questionable...especially in Fixed Income - BEWARE!
Dynamic organization with alot of support and ongoing training.
Collections Associate/Loss Mitigation (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 13, 2017
One of the best companies I ever worked for. Fair compensation, fun positive culture. Management makes every effort to reward excellence and share best practices. The hardest part was the day to day duties were repetitive and having to tell customers that we would need to collect our asset if payment isn't made.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Fair Compensation, Diverse culture
Cons
Sedentary, repetitive, no room for advancement. Company never promotes from within.
Professional Work Enviroment
Mortgage Officer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 4, 2017
With in the lending department we worked long hours in a professional and productive enviroment. Most team members, coaches and management team were there to help grow them selves while assisting others as needs arrissed. Even though this was a fast pace enviroment there was a flexibility with in hours, lunches and work place atmosphere. As long as our numbers were on top and worked our 40 hours we were able to arrange our own schedule as things changed in our lives.
Chase offered a non capped commission structure with the ability to earn as much as we wanted to work. This allowed us to utilize different schedules to considerate on the higher call volumes and work outbound during slow call volume hours.
Pros
Catered lunches on a regular basis, offered competitions on monthly and annually bsais
Cons
Healthcare, lunches on your schedule, matching 401k
Great Benefits
Product Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 28, 2017
A typical day including sales calls on prospective leads. Company has great benefits and a nice work atmosphere and management staff that promotes a great life work balance. The hardest part of the job is sales are cyclical and company expectations are that sales will maintain regardless of changes to marketing campaigns, season, economy or competition. Company is also slow in product development and base salaries are low. The opportunity for advancement is limited as well. The commissions plans can allow for great take home despite low base salary and staff and employees are very friendly.
Pros
Great Benefits and commission plan
Cons
Slow product development, low base salary
Easy going work place with good benefits
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMarch 18, 2017
I worked for chase for 5 yrs and enjoyed my time there. They have wonderful benefits, good employee perks, and friendly work env. Its a good start for entry level employees who want to enter the financial industry weather your in the call center or being a teller. Plenty of opportunities to grow and make a career out of Chase. There were a few cons to working here, the pay was not enough I started out at 12 and was only making close to 15 an hour after I left, the only time I made more than that was when I worked 3rd shift which is a 15% increase other than that I didn't make much. The pay raises are a joke, considering the other companies start you out at 14.50 min to 16 min. Chase was only offering me 12 start. Management comes and goes.
Pros
Paid vacation day 1 when you start, discount on benefits, predictable schedule, company perks (car buying, home, etc), friendly work place.
Cons
Pay could be better, raises arent that great, management, too many policy changes.
Very fair company, got alot of good experiece with alot of good people
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 9, 2017
J.P. Morgan CCB finance A very fast paced work environment. There is a lot of learning on the Job but it is impressive to see how all the working parts come together. I like the people I work with and at times it can be a lot of late nights and long hours but management does there best to ensure all team members maintain a healthy work life balance.
Pros
Really good analytical experience, competitive salary and benifits
Cons
far comute, not alot of traditional training
Great benefits, not so great atmosphere.
Correspondence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILDecember 27, 2016
I learned a lot about the credit card industry and how things work. Benefits were great. Compensation was horrible. Full Time management was only making just over $40k/year. Change is something they like to do on a weekly basis. Not that change isn't good for a company however they would continually go back and forth changing the same things over and over again. Most of management is so stressed out by their management they make it an extremely hard place to feel comfortable about your job security. When i started working there in 2010 they really cared about their employees & showed them they were appreciated. When I left 10/2016 that was completely gone.
Great Job and Benefits
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 9, 2017
A typical day at work can be 8 to 12-hour shifts. You learn how to service customer credit card accounts and trouble shooting their accounts. You learn how to build a rapport with a customer within a matter of minutes. The work culture is fast paced and hard working. Management is overall great. The hardest part of the job is the potential to get the escalated call that sets you back and the demanding call volumes. The most enjoyable aspect is the great customer interactions that you get on a day-to-day basis.
Pros
Flexible hours, great health benefits, competitive pay
Cons
Hard to promote, potentially stressful environment.
Review
Risk Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHJanuary 23, 2017
I loved my actual job and the analytics involved. My coworkers were amazing. Due to the middle management team it made it very hard to excel in my position. Even though I continuously got awards for the services I was able to provide customers, coworkers and other departments, I was never given a promotion. This past fall it was announced that our entire campus would be closing in 2018, which made my quest for a promotion even more difficult.
Pros
work life balance, coworkers and culture
Cons
Middle management
Great Bank, Great Place to Work
Teller (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Working at Chase was a great experience. A typical day consisted of engaging with regulars while performing their banking transactions. Customers were generally always friendly. I learned that regardless of how competent I was, there was little room for growth (as a teller) than I originally anticipated when applying. Everyone told me I would be able to move up really fast, which was not true as there were little opportunities for advancement. The workplace flowed really well, our management was always communicating with each other and trying new ways to keep the team motivated. We did performance contests a lot where there were food incentives! The hardest part of the job was between knowing all the different banking and transaction policies and balancing (for me personally.) The most enjoyable working at Chase was the consistency of work (our tasks as tellers rarely changed) and how we were closed on most Holidays.
Pros
Coworkers, Holidays, Benefits, Bonuses
Cons
Inconsistent Work Schedule, Balancing
Chase Bank review
Personal Banker, Small Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 9, 2016
Consistently busy as a banker/teller. Helped walk-in customers and made appointments. Branches in more affluent neighborhoods are more appropriately staffed; lower income locations struggled to meet customer demands resulting in numerous complaints.
Chase offers great products and can assist customers in multiple ways aside from a simple checking/savings accounts.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, health benefits
Cons
Micromanagement, unrealistic sales goals, work/life balance, short staffed
Decent Benefits, thats about it.
Merchant Services Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2017
I worked in the merchant services sales department for 5 years.
Cons -
*Compensation is so hard to figure out that its hard to motivate you in a sales commission driven type of job.
*Management - its the same peanut gallery of people that gets recycled to different positions over and over again. There is not enough outside employees coming into management positions to bring innovation. They also don't value education, the more you have the more you should look elsewhere for a job.
*Training - there is none. Anyone can pick up what to do after a while, about a year. You learn as you go, but customers are given different answers to questions depending on who you talk to.
*Goals are continually changing - usually to cut commission and try and squeeze more productivity out of you. It is very draining.
*No chance to move up - there is no easy path to different departments or management positions. If your a top salesman then you have a chance, but those A type of personality people aren't always who you want to be your boss.

Pros -
*Benefits
Benefits
Cons
Compensation, Pay, Management, Goals, Training, Career Development.
Productive Customer Service
Sr. Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHOctober 10, 2016
There are corporate politics and dirty favoritism from management. A typical day consist of many calls stressful atmosphere lots of product information to learn. The people are great everyone looks after the other beautiful team work and life long friendship. I enjoyed working there and helping others but the distraction from lack of communication, stringent work standards and policy and poor management makes for a stressful job. More is needed to show appreciation to their assets the frontline employees
Pros
great benefits, job security
Cons
stressful poor management
Great and Peaceful enviorment
Transaction Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 16, 2017
Excellent company reputation; excellent career advancement possibilities.Good intro to financial services world,
Decent benefits.JP Morgan is a great place for career growth, making friends, and experiencing new foods. I love our dog friendly office. It's so fun! One of my favorite parts about JP Morgan is our employer's emphasis on employee wellness and work life balance. But my favorite part about working for JP Morgan is I enjoy showing up to work every day.
A good start
Associate, Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 19, 2016
I started at Chase as an Associate in compliance, straight out of law school. In 2012, the legal job market was tough and I thought JPMC was a great place to be out of the gate. Today, I still think that: I met many of my close friends at Chase and the work/life balance was great. However, I learned quickly after two years that compensation was significantly below the market rate and advancement was difficult; rather than promoting from within, they regularly brought in external candidates to fill mid-level positions.
Overall a great company to work for
Private Client Banker (Current Employee) –  Rockville Centre NYFebruary 8, 2017
I learned a lot being a Private Client Partner and loved coaching the other bankers on how to refer and increase sales opportunities. I also liked the flexibility of being able to go to clients and meet with them at their place of business and traveling to other branches.
Pros
Leaned alot and advanced technology compared to competitors
Cons
work life balance was difficult and inflexible/no room for advancement other than branch management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JPMorgan Chase. Our community is ready to answer.

85%