JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews in United States

Found 9,515 reviews matching the search
Overall not a bad company to work for
MB CRM Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 7, 2016
The benefits are pretty good, espcially since they include eye and dental (some places do not). The hours can vary depending on the job your doing, but there is some work/life balance. The only downside is the lack of inconsistanncy in managment from department to department. Since each department can be run individually, some are more strict than others, so employees can see that difference and get frustrated. I.E. some departements are held to a very strict dress code and others are not at all - all with in the same building and neither department are customer facing. Advancement can be easy, but only if your network very well with in the company. If not, you might find it difficult to move around.
fun and productive place to work, manager always gave out recongition
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 4, 2016
This company was a fun and productive place, I recieve a lot on awards and regonition since the 8 year of being with the company

This company always provded employee training. if training that provide motivation

The ceo listen to employee when there was a company issue with bonus checks,
and he decided just to give a a straight salary.
co workers was nice.

This was a company that you didnt mine getting up and going to work. Great company
Pros
location, employee awards and recongition. job advancement-
Cons
downsized the company
Minimal advancement
Asset Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 4, 2016
Had an operations role. Middle management was out of touch with what really mattered. JPM knows they're JPM and as a result will never be short of recent college grads and therefore pay below market average. Bonuses were laughable - 1.5-2% and thats if you got a high performance rating. Overtime pay was a plus.

Top talent soon realized they significantly outperformed their peers and were not being noticed for doing so. Many left on average after 2-3 years after realizing this and failing to get a significant promotion or pay raise. JPM knows they don't have to pay well because they can get someone cheaper to do your job next quarter. The place had very high turnover. They do not promote quick enough or pay enough to retain talent.

The campus itself was stuck in the 90s. Looks like something out of office space. There's an inside joke that the carpets haven't been changed in 20 years. The place is a mess - they're trying to milk the most out of everyone for the least amount of money possible.

Would not recommend overall.
Pros
overtime pay, 15 vacation days + 3 personal
Cons
No free coffee, horrible campus, horrible food options on campus, outdated campus, middle management is useless
Corporate America/ Good Experience
IT QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tamps, FLApril 5, 2016
JPMorgan Chase is trying to change the perception that they are not a finance company, but a technology company. A big company with great benefits. Communication amongst higher/lower management would be ideal. Local job culture is good. Don't sit too long in one position, Chase wants and encourages mobility.
Pros
Ability to work from home when needed/approved
Cons
Standard corporate RIFs every year
Customer Claims Specialist
Customer Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 22, 2016
I have been a loyal Chase customer for over 11 years. This all changed once I began working for the company. This was the most unprofessional experience within my corporate career. Chase does have wonderful benefits and perks but the people are ruthless. I had my personal life violated due to my partner working at the same location. I felt like I was reporting to prison instead of work. Management and trainers are clueless about their own operational systems, sound quality, & human compassion towards their colleagues. I excelled in my position quickly and got bored with the position just as fast. The customers overall do complain but I did my best to assure them with compassion for their financial well being. It is the upper management that shows lack of empathy for their own teams. Get it together Polaris!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Micromanaged, Violated, and Unprofessional Experience
Great compensation but slow-to-zero opportunity for advancement
National Inbound/Outbound Collector (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2016
Great company to work for that offers top of line benefits,but when it comes to advancing your career it is very difficult to get out from where you were originally employed to do. Stressful environment due to very strict guidelines and procedures, so make sure you don't mess up.
Pros
Good management, compensation and benefits
Cons
Stressful environment, not able to advance to a different position than collections
Great place to manage and direct your career in several directions. JPMorgan has some of the benefits in the financial services industry.
Assistant Vice President, Tax Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 22, 2016
I have learned a great deal at JPMorgan. I have worked hard and have been rewarded and promoted up through the ranks. Management styles vary depending on what the objective of the Line of Business you work for. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
Benefits, paid days off, maternity leave, etc..., easy to navigate career.
Cons
Don't have any cons at this time.
The Best Company To Work For
Watch Commander - Wholesale / Retail Lockbox (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHNovember 19, 2015
In all my work experience, I've never come across another company as concerned with their employees as Chase. Chase provides excellent training classes to each employee so that they have a competitive edge and the knowledge to advance or move to another line of business. The benefits are great and many departments have incentive bonuses. Management was easy to talk to and provided an excellent work/life balance. Even in the light of mass layoffs, safeties are in place to help retain employees in different departments or, if they should choose to leave, compensate them for their service. This is an excellent company to work for.
Pros
excellent management, great benefits, incentive programs, wellness programs
Cons
layoffs common, certifications often needed for advancement
Excellent Foundation Needs More Mobility
Client Service Associate - UHNW New Jersey (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 16, 2016
JPMorgan Chase is a good company to build a foundation in your career with the banking industry. I have learned a tremendous amount in my time with the firm. My main area of concern though is the lack of mobility internally within the organization. Management is approachable and willing to help in any way they can for clients.The environment between colleagues is that of a team approach. The difficult part about working for a major financial institution is finding the right areas or departments to locate answers and help advise or complete your responsibilities. The positive though is with access to robust research and a significant balance sheet we are able to leverage expertise in many business avenues for the benefit to clients.
Always learning with Chase
Personal Banker/Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Everyday is different experience day at work. We encounter different scenarios and we learn how to solve them for our customers. We use what we learn to help other customers and it feels nice to show our co workers easier and faster ways to resolve certain problems when it arrises. Management loves to micro manage which brings the moral of the work place down. Chase has one of the best benefits so far. There is always growth with Chase, you just have yo be vocal about where you want to go and they will work with you to get you there as long as you work hard and show your willing to learn and change.
Pros
The benefits are amazing!
Professional
Process Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 15, 2016
Good place to work, great benefits, and excellent training.
Fast pace work environment, job related training available
Continuing education assistance available
Management requires extreme professionalism
Co-workers are great, fun to work with
Hardest par of the job; deadlines
Most enjoyable, employee appreciation events and family movie nights
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Work/life balance
Great compensation/benefits but not so great job culture and work-life balance.
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2016
If you're interested in working for the top bank in arguably the most competitive/dynamic industry, perhaps this is the best company for you. However, please be aware as a minority the environment was not culturally friendly or dynamic.
Pros
Banking industry; networking ability, if someone takes interest in you the possibility to move to so many depts within the company
Cons
Lack of work-life balance, management is not friendly or people-oriented, no strong mentoring or succession plan
Decent Company but continual risk of loosing job.
Sourcing Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 17, 2016
The hiring process is extremely long, it is measured in months, not weeks. Management and culture is all about protecting what you know and not letting other know your information. Too many games but the peers were good people. Too much of a risk being let go, there seemed to be some type of lay off every few months.
Pros
Base Pay
Cons
Benefits, Management
Customer-centric culture that encourages innovative problem-solving
Marketing & Communications Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 24, 2016
Typical day: leverage relationships in a matrixed environment to achieve goals; review business practices and policy through a customer lens; identify opportunities to improve processes and reduce risk

Co-workers: terrific! The diverse culture is one thing that has kept me at the company for many years.
Pros
collaborative environment; career mobility; diversity of thought; customer-focus
Cons
compensation is not commensurate with skills/experience
Fun Place to Work
Anti-Money Laundering Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 12, 2016
Fun place to work. Always asking for more from employees. Management sets unrealistic expectations of employees. Amount of work does not equate to higher amounts of pay. Little room for advancement without moving between departments, however, that is expected from a large company.
Pros
Free lunches, great coworkers
Cons
Compensation is low compared to other banks in the area.
Chase provides the tools needed to be successful
Financial Center Manager/Vice President (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 11, 2016
Chase encourages management to practice motivational coaching in order to build a strong team and create a good place for the staff to work in. Chase provided extensive training resources to help me to maintain a good relationship with my customers as well as my staff.
The most challenging part of my job was maintaining a work life balance for myself as well as the staff. Management worked hands on to assist with helping to achieve the goals. The most enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction.
Pros
Motivation and incentives
Cons
Work life balance
so so
VP (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 29, 2016
work life balance is lacking
culture varies from dept to dept
in general management and Sr officers don't care much
advancement is a coin toss and not related to performance, many times "friends" are promoted ahead of those who deserve based on work performance.
Bonus has nothing to do with performance or year end reveiw
Good Place to work
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FlFebruary 29, 2016
Opening the branch, setting up for opening for business, have morning huddle with staff to go over the plan for day. Performing customer transactions, and other duties as required. Set lunch schedule and relieve employees for lunch. During any down time work on employee schedules,audits, Check month to date results.
Observe tellers helping customers, coach and role play if any missed sales or customer service opportunities were missed, commend employee if appropriate action taken. Prepare end of day checklist for closing. Learned to improve my decision making, customer service skills management skills. Immediate managers were great as were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the downsizing due to technology, made it difficult to spend the amount of time with customers that they were used to. Most enjoyable was the interactions with customers and employees.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Downsizing staff due to technology.
Very good company overall
Mortgage Banking Sr. Underwriter/DE (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 24, 2016
Overall, this company is a very good company to work for, however it does have it's regional and departmental differences. Inconsistencies have developed over the years and upper management is striving for the balance among the different areas. The review of my current department does not give a valid picture of the company overall. It is best to evaluate the climate of the department you wish to enter.
Pros
Excellent benefits for all aspects: 401K, Heatlth/Wellness, discounts, etc
Cons
Some departments are not as well run as others.
Was a great place to work, gained a lot of experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 25, 2016
Typical work day was busy, but lacked employees but was great team work at times. The benefits were awesome but due to lack of management and differential treatment it caused separation and negative experiences. Due to lack of management being absent in daily operations , operations were not what they should be.But overall the company was great just management was a big issue.
Pros
great benefits, great people and interactions
Cons
management lacked concern, didn't adhere to policies and showed indifferent treatment