JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews in United States

Found 9,517 reviews matching the search
Overall not a bad company to work for
MB CRM Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 7, 2016
The benefits are pretty good, espcially since they include eye and dental (some places do not). The hours can vary depending on the job your doing, but there is some work/life balance. The only downside is the lack of inconsistanncy in managment from department to department. Since each department can be run individually, some are more strict than others, so employees can see that difference and get frustrated. I.E. some departements are held to a very strict dress code and others are not at all - all with in the same building and neither department are customer facing. Advancement can be easy, but only if your network very well with in the company. If not, you might find it difficult to move around.
fun and productive place to work, manager always gave out recongition
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 4, 2016
This company was a fun and productive place, I recieve a lot on awards and regonition since the 8 year of being with the company

This company always provded employee training. if training that provide motivation

The ceo listen to employee when there was a company issue with bonus checks,
and he decided just to give a a straight salary.
co workers was nice.

This was a company that you didnt mine getting up and going to work. Great company
Pros
location, employee awards and recongition. job advancement-
Cons
downsized the company
Good Place to work
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FlFebruary 29, 2016
Opening the branch, setting up for opening for business, have morning huddle with staff to go over the plan for day. Performing customer transactions, and other duties as required. Set lunch schedule and relieve employees for lunch. During any down time work on employee schedules,audits, Check month to date results.
Observe tellers helping customers, coach and role play if any missed sales or customer service opportunities were missed, commend employee if appropriate action taken. Prepare end of day checklist for closing. Learned to improve my decision making, customer service skills management skills. Immediate managers were great as were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the downsizing due to technology, made it difficult to spend the amount of time with customers that they were used to. Most enjoyable was the interactions with customers and employees.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Downsizing staff due to technology.
Productive and fun day in the work place
Customer Assistant Specialist (Current Employee) –  1111 Northpoint Dr.March 29, 2016
A typical day at work consists of talking on the phone and providing excellent customer service while helping homeowners apply for mortgage assistance. I learned a lot of different skills sets from chase. Overall I learned how to work in a fast paste environment & to work under stressful conditions. My managers and co workers are very fun and make the days go by fast, by simply acting as second family away from home. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help all customers with assistance. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting approval decisions for modifications to as many customers as possible.
Pros
Good benefits, and rewards
Cons
Sick time away
Minimal advancement
Asset Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 4, 2016
Had an operations role. Middle management was out of touch with what really mattered. JPM knows they're JPM and as a result will never be short of recent college grads and therefore pay below market average. Bonuses were laughable - 1.5-2% and thats if you got a high performance rating. Overtime pay was a plus.

Top talent soon realized they significantly outperformed their peers and were not being noticed for doing so. Many left on average after 2-3 years after realizing this and failing to get a significant promotion or pay raise. JPM knows they don't have to pay well because they can get someone cheaper to do your job next quarter. The place had very high turnover. They do not promote quick enough or pay enough to retain talent.

The campus itself was stuck in the 90s. Looks like something out of office space. There's an inside joke that the carpets haven't been changed in 20 years. The place is a mess - they're trying to milk the most out of everyone for the least amount of money possible.

Would not recommend overall.
Pros
overtime pay, 15 vacation days + 3 personal
Cons
No free coffee, horrible campus, horrible food options on campus, outdated campus, middle management is useless
Very good company overall
Mortgage Banking Sr. Underwriter/DE (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 24, 2016
Overall, this company is a very good company to work for, however it does have it's regional and departmental differences. Inconsistencies have developed over the years and upper management is striving for the balance among the different areas. The review of my current department does not give a valid picture of the company overall. It is best to evaluate the climate of the department you wish to enter.
Pros
Excellent benefits for all aspects: 401K, Heatlth/Wellness, discounts, etc
Cons
Some departments are not as well run as others.
I learned to be a empathetic collector.
Collection Litigation Specialist III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 22, 2016
I would call customer that had credit card debt that was severely past due. My job was to educate the customer about the status of their accounts. I explained that I am calling to help and get them back on the right track. Most customers were about to be sued for their debt and my job was to provide solutions so that they did not have to go to court. I would get them on payment plans or help them settle their accounts.
Pros
Great benefits, bonuses, free incentives (free lunches, movie tickets, discounts to amusement parks.)
Cons
The raises could have been better, It was hard to get promoted especially if you were great at your present job.
Was a great place to work, gained a lot of experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 25, 2016
Typical work day was busy, but lacked employees but was great team work at times. The benefits were awesome but due to lack of management and differential treatment it caused separation and negative experiences. Due to lack of management being absent in daily operations , operations were not what they should be.But overall the company was great just management was a big issue.
Pros
great benefits, great people and interactions
Cons
management lacked concern, didn't adhere to policies and showed indifferent treatment
7 Years with Chase provided many opportunities with an ever evolving company.
Mortgage Banking Investigations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 23, 2016
Chase has been a great company to work for overall. They are generally good to their employees and offer fair benefits. Their online procedure systems are lacking and compile too many departments in their resources, giving too much clutter when seeking simple information. Their HR department has a failure to notify you after an interview on if you were or were not a candidate in the selection process. Overall, a great company but navigation and processes can always be improved.
Pros
Vacation time away, employee appreciation
Cons
System networks and follow through.
Customer Claims Specialist
Customer Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 22, 2016
I have been a loyal Chase customer for over 11 years. This all changed once I began working for the company. This was the most unprofessional experience within my corporate career. Chase does have wonderful benefits and perks but the people are ruthless. I had my personal life violated due to my partner working at the same location. I felt like I was reporting to prison instead of work. Management and trainers are clueless about their own operational systems, sound quality, & human compassion towards their colleagues. I excelled in my position quickly and got bored with the position just as fast. The customers overall do complain but I did my best to assure them with compassion for their financial well being. It is the upper management that shows lack of empathy for their own teams. Get it together Polaris!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Micromanaged, Violated, and Unprofessional Experience
If you love routines this a Job for you
Bilingual Telephone Banking specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 2, 2016
In the first 3 months I learned numerous amount of skills for customer service. Their process of training is amazing. Now by the 4th month it was getting repetitive it just became mundane for me. Co-workers well we all have different schedules which was one of the awesome experience some working 5 days a week for 8, 4x10, and 3x12 with one day working 4 hours. Co-workers were really helpful most were positive. Hardest part of the job remembering to keep the tone upbeat light but also keeping the call efficient by the company standards. The most enjoyable part was the random event of thanking the employee by giving the employee some kinda snack, lunch( ordered pizza), or remembering to bring them something from where they went to vacation.
Pros
Thanking their employees, pay, schedules, benifits
Cons
Big on adherence, job advancement, is a routine job
Stable job while in college
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2016
I started working for chase bank the fall after my high school graduation. I enjoyed my job, coworkers, and clients. It was very fast pace, which is one of my favorite parts. Our branch was on the feeder road to a major highway, so we had plenty of traffic during business hours. I didn't have much experience going in, but I definitely learned duties with time. I gained more responsibilities after a few months, which kept me busier than other bank tellers. I would definitely recommend this job to another fellow college students. They were very flexible with my school schedule.
Pros
vacation, health care benefits
Corporate America/ Good Experience
IT QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tamps, FLApril 5, 2016
JPMorgan Chase is trying to change the perception that they are not a finance company, but a technology company. A big company with great benefits. Communication amongst higher/lower management would be ideal. Local job culture is good. Don't sit too long in one position, Chase wants and encourages mobility.
Pros
Ability to work from home when needed/approved
Cons
Standard corporate RIFs every year
Great compensation but slow-to-zero opportunity for advancement
National Inbound/Outbound Collector (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2016
Great company to work for that offers top of line benefits,but when it comes to advancing your career it is very difficult to get out from where you were originally employed to do. Stressful environment due to very strict guidelines and procedures, so make sure you don't mess up.
Pros
Good management, compensation and benefits
Cons
Stressful environment, not able to advance to a different position than collections
Great place to manage and direct your career in several directions. JPMorgan has some of the benefits in the financial services industry.
Assistant Vice President, Tax Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 22, 2016
I have learned a great deal at JPMorgan. I have worked hard and have been rewarded and promoted up through the ranks. Management styles vary depending on what the objective of the Line of Business you work for. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
Benefits, paid days off, maternity leave, etc..., easy to navigate career.
Cons
Don't have any cons at this time.
Senior Quality Analyst Role
Senior Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2016
The SQA role is an Assistant Management role within the Quality department of the Chase Contact Center in Houston, TX. The work environment is great because I get to help manage a productive and talented staff. I assist the Quality Manager with: Daily, Weekly, Monthly Production assignments,reports, and updates. Coach, develop, and support the staff to help them produce excellent quality reviews for the Operations area and to do their jobs better on a daily basis. I provided weekly and monthly result reports to the Operations area with recommendations for improvement. I meet with the Operations and Training departments with common goal of improving the customer's experience at Chase.
Pros
Great work environment, excellent managers and peers
Cons
Salary, Benefits
very focused and hard working work place
SENIOR SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 21, 2016
At Chase, dealing with customers was something great to look forward to. I have learned to do things in a timely manner and how to use all sources to ensure that the customer has the best opportunity.
Management is great on finding a solution for you even if they do not know it right off. My co-workers and I all work as a team. If we do not know we will all find out together. The hardest part part about my job is trying to maintain a low update time but making sure you leave necessary documents for a long call. The most enjoyable part about my job is hearing the relief the customer have once you have ensured them they are wonderful customers even though life may have seem to hit them hard.
Pros
An almost buffet style cafe, benefits, and the facility
Cons
work schedule, not always able to get in touch with a supervisor
Always learning with Chase
Personal Banker/Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Everyday is different experience day at work. We encounter different scenarios and we learn how to solve them for our customers. We use what we learn to help other customers and it feels nice to show our co workers easier and faster ways to resolve certain problems when it arrises. Management loves to micro manage which brings the moral of the work place down. Chase has one of the best benefits so far. There is always growth with Chase, you just have yo be vocal about where you want to go and they will work with you to get you there as long as you work hard and show your willing to learn and change.
Pros
The benefits are amazing!
Cons
My boss was a good manager very intelligent and knowledgable of the job, he just didn't posses people skills and he showed favortisim
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 19, 2016
I would recommend JPMorgan Chase to young college graduates who have a determination to rise to success. Where I worked there were individuals who did not posses the skills to manage but were placed in managerial positions and employees who possessed managerial qualities and were not allowed an opportunity to showcase their talents. JPMorgan Chase have many diverse organizations for individuals to join and they celebrate diversity in major ways. I learned a lot from this organization and have taken and applied those lessons to my living.
Pros
diversity in the workplace, celebrate employees and benefits
Cons
Unprofessionalism at times, Overworked and underpaid Management, Uneducated Managerial Staff
One of thousands of employees
Consumer Loan Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 13, 2016
A typical day of work consisted of problem solving. While employed there I learned how to think outside the box. Management was always available to provide support and guidance when unusual situations arose. Coworkers were long-term and knowledgeable employees of the company. The hardest part of the job was that the shared amount of work wasn't always equal among coworkers. The most enjoyable part was being able to work in different areas within the company.
Pros
benefits, comprehensive training
Cons
parking, not being valued as an individual contributer