JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

Found 12,053 reviews matching the search
Productive environment and created outside activities to show apprection
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2017
I began my work experience at JPM Chase in the student loan department. We worked in a call center environment and it was somewhat stressful because management didn't anticipate the high call volume. I later moved to a new area of student loans and it was much better but our jobs were eventually eliminated and I was reassigned to the West Ops Location where I worked in the subpoena processing department. It was not bad but we worked long hours because every subpoena that came in had to be processed into the system the same day. Also there were sensitive documents that had to be mailed out daily. I loved the people at Chase and the management in student loans worked hard to let us know they understood what we were dealing with and presented extra activities to make us feel appreciated.
Pros
created game days and gave treats to employees during peak seasons.
Horrible place to work
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2017
This was a miserable place to work. The supervisors are totally incompetent and lack even the most basic knowledge. I have never worked for such ignorant people before in my life.
An ok company to work for
Provide excellent banking customer service support (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2017
The company is amazing to work for but the management is terrible the information you receive isn't consistent and its really hard to advance to a new position unless you know someone that's unecessary
Benefits
Cons
management is terrible and really hard to advance
Not Merit Based Culture
VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2017
Promotions based on who you know, not merit. Those who work the hardest are saddled with more work, carrying all of the weight for the team. Meanwhile, the lazy employees and certain management spend their time schmoozing.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Good company
Relationship Banker/Small Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 21, 2017
Great Benefits!!! A lot of responsibilities. Base pay can be good if you already have customer experience. Get Licensed to maximize pay!! Staff are great people.
Na
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2017
Intense environment, politics drive advancement. Not many in management that care rather do what they can to advance their own agendas. Some very smart people, but pretentious.
Learning and Productivity
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 21, 2017
In JPMC you get opportunity to learn new technologies and tools. But on many instances have to extend working hours and in timesheet it reflects as well that I have worked more than 20% on monthly basis.
Stressful, always short staffed, short lunches
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TXJuly 21, 2017
Customers are always very rude. It's extremely fast paced, Chase does not hire enough Tellers, so it's always short staffed and the bankers and managers have to help behind the teller line. Being that you're handling people's money you have to be VERY careful and accurate while at the same time working and moving VERY fast to complete transactions.
Pros
Coworkers were always great
Cons
Customers treat you badly and it's very stressful
World leader in consumer banking.
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 21, 2017
A typical day as a Chase personal banker (platform employee) included branch opening procedures and assisting customers with their banking decisions and needs from a client-centric prospective. We were also involved in identifying and referring mortgage and investment opportunities for the respective departments.
Management was supportive and fair and the work culture was pleasant.
The hardest part of the job was making the referrals for investment opportunities. I floated in several branches and sometimes the opportunites had been exhausted, particularly in small branches in lower income areas.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a really great group of coworkers.
Pros
Chase name has clout, pleasant work environment, steady salary.
Cons
Meeting investment referral quotas was not always easy
Quick and Faced paced environment with cut-throat work place.
Consultant Help Desk Agent Level II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2017
Nice place to work for as a beginner in IT. Knowing the right people and making connections in technology. Learned a lot about technology and can become an expert by knowing the right tools.
Pros
Nice coffee machine.
Cons
Short-breaks with no sitting area.

Want to know more about JPMorgan Chase?

Ask a question
Great Job, Poor Managment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 21, 2017
Micromanagement. Out side of that Chase call center of Easton is a great place to work. Great benefits and flexibility. Ive learned so much working for this company, things that I can carry to basically any job I mnove onto. I do no regret anything about working for chase, they fired me because of my staying on a call too long. Altogether if you really want to advance continuously, please apply.
Call Center
Risk Ops Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 21, 2017
Its a great place to work. They have good benefits, It can be a stressful job when you in a call center. The hours are not the best. The people are nice and management was great.
Pros
No flex time
Cons
Hours
Greatness
Telephone Banker / Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 20, 2017
THE BEST PLACE TO WORK. Training was great. Lunch times were good and lengthy. Pay and compensation was great. No issues once so ever. Training on the systems that were old or new was in depth. Employees were great.
Pros
Pay. Breaks.
Cons
None really.
Chase
Mortgage Underwriting Processor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2017
• Provided personalize and professional service to customers, to include mortgage account retention options; rate and/or product information; also opening new mortgage accounts; FDIC coverage
JPMC has a Work From Home Policy but, the CCB organization decided not to honor it
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 20, 2017
Management is not flexible nor looking out for your best interest. there is communication disconnect from what Senior Management tell the masses and what your supervisor tells you.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
no work life balance
policies are unclear
Licensed Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 20, 2017
not clear expectations/policies. work is good and the people are nice. great benefits and many locations as well as opportunity to transfer, but not for at least one year
Typical day at work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 20, 2017
A typical day at work was getting prepared for customers enter through the branch doors by trying to give the best customer service necessary and solve whatever problems they might have.
I learn to be patience, attentive with customers.
the most difficult part of the job is not able to solve all the customers' problem.
I enjoyed seeing customers leaving satisfied and great smile on their faces.
Great culture, honest and fair management, great networking benefits
Administrative Assistant/Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
Over I've give them a B. Great management. No micro-managing. If you need help, someone can find it for you. There are some people that slack, but for the most part most people are good folk.
Pros
great people
Cons
late hours usually required
A great place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 20, 2017
JPMC is a great place to work. It creates a very competitive environment for career advancement.It is a place worth recommended for financial services career advancement.
Good People
Repo Trading Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2017
Good people, and it was good work. It was a great band of people to work with, I had a great time there. They are big on work, life balance and care about you.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JPMorgan Chase. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval