JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

Found 11,843 reviews matching the search
Inbound call center
Telephone Banker (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX 76018June 28, 2017
Fast paced high call volume. Working with consumers deposit accounts and credit card accounts is fairly easy but there are times the calls can be challenging. Employee should possess excellent communication skills and problem solving skills. Should be comfortable multitasking and offering products available to strengthen business ties.
Nice place to work
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2017
Hated all the mergers....hated the offshoring of resources. Loved the team i worked with. Liked being able to move around the company. Generous employee benefits.
Private Client Banker
Private Client Banker (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 27, 2017
I maintained high profile clients accounts. I hepled them with their all kind of banking and investment needs. The work environment was great to work and had a great co workers.
its ok
Lock box mail room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 27, 2017
QC Work load,Responsible for Scanning, processing of mail. Perform client data entry per client specifications. Operated automated mail sorting, extraction, or imaging equipment.
Great salary, but you earn it
Unix/Linux Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 27, 2017
I took a contract as a Unix SA here eleven months ago and it has been the worst professional experience of my life. The area I worked in was extremely disorganized with a high turnover -- something on the order of four months when I arrived ( getting better, but still sucks ).

The company has no regard for work/life balance and expects you to be available at the drop of a hat. The on-call expectation changed three times while I was there. BTW, there is no "on-call" it's just a week where you work two extra days ( at the office, no remote ).

The on-boarding process takes months. I'm not making this up, but I was still getting the access I needed to do my job the week they let me go. Nothing is documented and don't even think about asking someone for help -- they don't answer emails.

On the other hand, the pay is good. Hourly workers can bill up to 52hr/wk. Knowledge of the English language is optional, and knowledge of Asian languages is rewarded. They are very committed to gender diversity, fifty/fifty mix.
Pros
Good money
Cons
everything else ( life, family, sanity )
Good Place to work with
Work is recognized & appreciated
Work & life balanced project
Good working environment.
Agile Coach (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 27, 2017
Liked working environment and people. Hi-tech communications.

Learned new training techniques.

Opportunities for personal development.

Good access to senior management.
productive
Data Entry and Research (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 27, 2017
This is a great company to work for. I enjoy the position that I am currently in. I have been with the company going on 11 years. The favorite part of my job is being able to help the requestors get the documents needed and leaving them with a good experience and feeling that they are top priority on each case that I work.
Pros
job security
Cons
healthcare
Fun, Business environment
Customer Service/ Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO 65804June 27, 2017
Was in Management
The employees were focused and fun to manage. The company was a good company to work for with logical ways of doing the best for the employees.
Pros
Many
Cons
Scheduling
Highly fast paced/much turover
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2017
Typical day - very busy
Learned much about diversity
Management - very fair, very positive with high turnover
Workplace culture - diverse and a bit unstable
Hardest part - not knowing which manager & department one will be assigned to and will be needing support on any given day
Enjoyable part of job - networking and opportunity to work with others not necessarily on a daily schedule
Pros
Networking and opportunity to work with others not necessarily on a daily schedule
Cons
Frequent layoffs/high turnover
Great Place to work, learn, grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 27, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of lots of customer service, completing reports, interacting with different departments to assist customers, policies and procedures monitored daily, travel and entertainment expenses completed, calendar updating, setting up banker workshops, very fast past at times. The hardest part of my job was not being able to help a customer with a banking issue, but I could find someone else to assist them. The most enjoyable part of the job, was actually helping the customers find resolutions to different problems and helping with workshops.
Pros
Great work environment, perks, vacation time, team players
Cons
Sometimes stressful
great bank to customers not employees
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NJJune 27, 2017
There is not really any work life balance. The salary is low though the incentives are really good. However you could be stuck in the same postion for years without advancement.
Productive and Fun Workplace At Times
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 27, 2017
I Truly do enjoy working for this company, I do feel that the pay could be better for certain departments, and I wish my particular department had more opportunities but I'm willing to relocate to get to where I want to be, I do plan to build my career within Chase
Pros
Great Benefits, Family Enivorment
Cons
Pay could be better, especially for certain departments
Need to value employees more
Assistant Branch Manager, Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 26, 2017
Chase is far ahead of other financial institutions in respect to their technology , This helps in the customer satisfaction aspect. Chase can accommodate the customer request due to their technology.
Chase does not value their employees.
JPMC - good experience, low relative pay. Get experience, then leave
Client Onboarding & KYC Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2017
I have been at JPM Chase for over 5 years. I started out in a retail Chase branch, where your job security and income are based on your production. Compared to other banks, their base salary is lower, which increased pressure for staff to SELL SELL SELL. Its VERY difficult to transfer from retail banking into the Corporate side, or Investment Bank. Working in Operations or back office at JPM has a limited pay scale and future. JPM considers everyone replaceable and turnover is high. Several managers have suggested staff to change firms if not happy with a 2% annual raise. -At JPM back office, you get security and benefits, but low $. The best opportunities would be front office, which provide good growth and income.
Pros
Job security, decent vacation package
Cons
Back office and Operations jobs have relatively low salaries, low growth, Consider employees replaceable
Potential to Grow
Private Client Banker (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 26, 2017
Great company to work for. Good potential to grow. Great management. Good Pay. Non stressful environment. Great CEO who cares about their employees. Good managerial personnel
great place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAJune 26, 2017
JP MORGAN. was the best place to work.they took care of their employees. pay was great benefits were awesome.i the time of employment i wasn't ready to relocate out of state.
Big Bank
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 26, 2017
It's a big bank with everything that comes with it. Its core competency is its size. I wouldn't go back, though some of the people I met while working there are lifelong friends.
Pros
Cons
Politics
Typical Call Center Job
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 26, 2017
Excellent benefits and compensation, but the job itself is draining. The building has an in-house cafeteria, game room, and health clinic. Chase is a typical call center job that you obtain for the money and maintain for the excellent benefits.
retail banking No No
Banker / Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2017
there is no way to move up in the company the culture is horrible they dont care about the customer they only care about how much money they are making. there is a lot of work discrimination, global security does a horrible job looking into elder abuse ( i had to push them to look into something for a client)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JPMorgan Chase. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval