JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews in United States

Found 9,511 reviews matching the search
Great job with good benefits and nice environment.
Fraud Associate II (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 10, 2016
A typical day starts out as you are given your daily tasks to complete each day. Once you are finished, you take on other responsibilities as far as helping another associate or adding more tasks to your day. I enjoyed our team meetings, getting together for special occasions, learning how our company grows and how they give back to others. The teamwork was great with my department. Everyone was helpful, full of knowledge and we complete our work daily.
Pros
Free lunch, bdaylunches with team, team events
Cons
micromanagement
Room to advance but comes with a price
Business & Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 11, 2016
Opportunity to move throughout the firm but movement does not always guarantee higher pay. Reorganization can be challenging due to lack of work experience in a particular field.
Pros
Job mobility, excellent training department, pay and benefits comparable
Cons
Work life balance does not exist, the higher the grade the less time off your expected to take, upper management may not have the background which can be challenging
Great company but changing visions frequently
Personal Banker II /SBS/MOD (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2016
Great company to work for and great compensation but not a good place for growth. Company's vision changes frequentt and they are not upfront with where the company is going. It is very good in their products and services, however company management is poorly handled at times. Also not good on raises.
Pros
great pay, good culture, great products and services
Cons
management issues, constant company changes, no promotions
Family oriented and fun.
MB Doc Ops Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAAugust 4, 2016
My experience with JPMorgan Chase has been amazing! The management team always engages in helping you develop your skills to build your career. The benefits that we get here are amazing and hard to beat. I have learn tons about home loans and gained the knowledge of what each loan has to offer our customers. I have some of the best co-workers I have ever had due to our family felt environment. The most joyful part of being a chase employee is having the opportunity to fulfill a customers dream and put them in a new home.
Some of the Team Leaders were helpful if they could get their inforamtion right. The managers were nice.you .
Specialist 1- Card Collections/Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJuly 29, 2016
The Team Leaders were helpful if they knew the information correctly. You were not told you did something wrong until several days later by then you don't remember what they are talking about.. They do call reviews which are helpful so you can learn what you are doing wrong. . If Compliance hears your call make sure you can back up any time you are off the phone ( Keep notes for your self) Not only in an email but paper form also.
Pros
nice lunch area
Cons
Meeting can mess up your lunch time
They know how to get things done.
Temp (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIAugust 15, 2016
Come in sit at your station type in data. My typing ability grew and my attention to detail. Management is what you would expect from such a company. Talking while working was frowned upon, management would reassign peoples seating if they talked too much. The few people I spoke with were nice enough though. The hardest part of the job was keeping focus. You kinda get lost in the numbers and words. The job allowed MP3 players so I could just get lost in an audio book or music.
Pros
Always active
Cons
Short breaks
Disappointed
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 26, 2016
Great company in terms of association, however I don't believe that in the position as a part time teller I was given any thought or consideration for growth. It was much of my belief that regardless of my previous experience in Customer Service I was not sufficiently utilized or rated. As for benefits, they were zero. I do think the Managers could do better with leadership skills.
Cons
overworked, as par time. small salary. not paid for overtime, had to subsetute the hours. evident prejudice.
Lots of opportunities, archaic pay structure
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioAugust 3, 2016
JPMorgan Chase is overall a very good company to work for. Their work life balance is great, opportunities for movement are vast, and the people are spectacular. The only downside is their pay structure, and the many rules that dictate how, when, and how much, you receive for promotions. They often treat internal applicants rather poorly, compared to external applicants. In fact, there is a well known saying in Chase that if you want more money, you need to leave and come back.
Great Company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 10, 2016
Friendly environment
Workers are always ready to assist one another and they make new workers feel welcomed.
Typical work day comes with a push from the manager for you to go above and beyond to assist customers and make their stay brief and productive.
The job is demanding and you are never doing enough: This is both a cons and a pros for Chase, it can be categorized as a pros because it tends to raise the work standard but can easily be turned to a cons to the worker because of the high and never enough demand of the policies and procedures.

Oh, working at Chase is fun, I love working at Chase... especially if you have a decent position.
Customer Experience
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 10, 2016
Is a fast-paced environment placing emphasis on delivering a great customer experience. While working as a team to reach branch goals. You have to always come in with a smile greet each customer, make sure they are acknowledge. There are different roles to a teller, not just process transactions but work the lobby as well. Help customers use innovative technology for convenience.
Pros
Banking hours, awesome environment, team players.
Cons
Long periods of standing.
Excellent company.
DBA and Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 26, 2016
A lot of change in architecture and management within technology due to reorganizations and changes in business structure. With new management came new visions on how best to leverage technology and staff. This provided challenges (in a good way) on making these visions come to fruition. I have reported to management in all lines of businesses in my tenure there and enjoyed the majority of them. Sadly the last change that impacted me was the decision to vacate DFW as a strategic location for global technology.
Pros
Frequent changes, creating and supporting business critical environments for a large corpooration.
Cons
Uncertainty with frequent reorganizations
Not a good place to work after college
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJJuly 31, 2016
-Patrolling, access control, knowing post responsibilities.
-Security is a serious job regardless how easy going management and coworkers may try to make it seem.
-Management needs in work in many ways
-Co-workers are focused, opened to change for the betterment of the unit, and keep each other in the loop of site operations.
-The drive to and from the site as well as my low payment was the hardest part.
-The most enjoyable part is the knowledge I gain in the corporate world of security.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
low pay, long drive, lack of professionalism
Great company with Great Benefits
BANK TELLER (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 4, 2016
At Chase bank, I have learned many life skills pertaining to Finance.They're a great company to work for and I've met great people while working here. They give you space to grow as a person by giving you feedback and will guide you in the right path if you want to advance your career. I have an amazing manager currently and She has verified my worth and Value to the company , making me an even better employee . Everyone here gets along, granted there's always some people who don't care to get along. but overall, everyone works as a team and is willing to help each other out and they make it enjoyable to go to work everyday.
Pros
Benefits, Career Advancement
Dynamic and comfortable workplace
Tax Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MAAugust 7, 2016
Working at JP Morgan Chase was a great experience. Not only did I learn plenty about tax, I learned a lot of professional norms in the workplace. I started working at JPM around the beginning of tax return season, so a typical work day would consist of completing tax returns of mutual and hedge funds. My managers and co-workers were very helpful in my development. They trained me and the most enjoyable part of that was being around genial and well-rounded people.
Solid work culture with a training avaliable for employees.
Project Task Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 8, 2016
JPMorgan Chase has an unlimited amount of training employees can tap into. Everything from Harvard ManageMentor courses to previous recorded training sessions. The hardest part is navigating all the different prerequisites to engage various lines of business. What I like most about my job is the ability to work with a wide range of groups that help you view issues from different perspectives.
Good benefits
Relationship Banker / Small Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLAugust 8, 2016
Company is forever changing, benefits are very good. Salaries leave something to be desired. The environment is changing, banker role is to increase balances and investment products, customer transactions and additional assistance and being pushed out the door. Automation is the direction, and unless your have large investments or balances you do not truely recive consistant treatment as a customer.
Benefits
Cons
Location and management can dictate your success
Great experience
Relationship Banker, Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 23, 2016
A lot of structure and very organized. Expect a lot of professionalism from employees. You need to be careful about your coworkers. You can make a lot of money based of bonuses. There are a lot of greedy people, they will do everything to steal your clientele. The same with the managers, they can make very good money with the financial referrals, so they will find any excuse to let you go, if you are not meeting their financial goals. Some times very stressful. A lot of rotation of employees.
Pros
PROFESSIONAL
Cons
GREEDY
Not very caring of their employees that work extremely hard for them.
Relationship Banker / Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2016
It seems that management on up is about micro managing until they can find a gotcha moment and terminate you to bring in younger, less knowledgeable employees only to repeat the same vicious cycle.
Pros
Great co-workers, Helping people, Healthcare, 401K
Cons
Low pay, No raises, Work weekends, Customers are believed before employees, High stress, Bad management, Understaffed, Downsizing people for machines, Always looking for a way to say gotcha
Good
Legal Entity Controller, Vice-President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2016
There is no economic data Wednesday, but a recent string of reports, including June retail sales, ISM manufacturing and the June employment report all were much better than expected. June's retail sales jumped 0.6 percent, while just a 0.1 percent increase was expected, and June's 287,000 payrolls were much stronger than projected after a shockingly weak May report. Citigroup's economic surprise index had been negative until recently, popping into positive territory, with the increase in upside surprises.
I worked 18+ years at Chase and enjoyed all the time spent there. Truly enjoyed working in the 401(k) department until the business was moved to NYC.
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 18, 2016
I worked many different jobs at Chase, but a majority of those years were in the 401(k) department. I worked with many internal customers as well as having my own accounts where I dealt directly with outside customers (businesses that offered 401k plans to their employees). I worked on one 401(k) plan for a major company, with 7,000 participants in the plan and a dedicated customer service line in which I was responsible for answering questions.
Pros
Love the work, the people, the pay.
Cons
The 401(k) business leaving Rochester.