JPMorgan Chase
5,676 reviews

JPMorgan Chase Employer Reviews

Bank Teller in NY
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Harrison, NYDecember 16, 2014
This is a great company to work for as far as benefits. The compensation in terms of salary is not competitive however.
I learned a lot in this company
Jr. Underwriter (Former Employee), Chatsworth, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: helping people not lose their houses.
Cons: very busy so sometime we couldn't even take our lunches so that we could keep up with our pipeline.
Enjoying working here because there was always room for growth. it's a big company so I learned how to be a team player and be very helpful at all times.
Great opportunity for experience
REO Auction Asset Manager (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: communication
Working with JPMorgan Chase has given me the opportunity to learn more of the mortgage banking environment, as well as great educational programs offers by the company. The atmosphere was medium paced as we were constantly adapting to new policies and regulations.
fun working environment
Risk Management Analyst (Current Employee), Elgin, ILDecember 16, 2014
Pros: two paid breaks
Cons: constantly busy and high pressure job
very busy, always something to do, never a dull moment, always someone to help with questions, tons of training to get you prepared for your position, time goes by fast since its so busy.
Great Place to work and learn
Private Client Specialist (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CADecember 15, 2014
Self managing position. The more you work the more you make. Making good relationships and providing trustworthy advice was what my position entailed.
Mortgage Underwriter
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee), Cleveland OhioDecember 15, 2014
Overall the work was not bad, however the management at times seemed like they did not know what they were doing, training lacked immensely, and there was a lot of silent stress. Happy im out of there.
Senior Account Specialist I (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 15, 2014
Pros: yearly free lunches
Cons: short breaks
It can be fun if you make it fun. I typically negotiate payment arrangements with borrowers on high-balance accounts and high-risk delinquencies.
Management of Banking Operations, Managed budgets over 2500M
VP - ATM Settlement/ Recon/Card management (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 15, 2014
Managed Branch operations areas responsible for daily processing of transactions. reconciliation of General Ledger accounts; Processing and settling ATM transactions for Chase customers an vendors

Working/managemen of staff in multiple locations
Typical Call Center Environment
Fraud (Former Employee), Elgin, ILDecember 15, 2014
Typical call center environment. Not a lot of room for advancement. Schedules weren't flexible. Good starter job for someone in college or just out of high school. Not a good place to work if you're looking to move up. Wages were standard for call centers.
I loved working here
Telephone Banker (Former Employee), columbus ohioDecember 15, 2014
I loved working here every body was rather nice and helpful I would recommend this job
Work hard
Underwriter II (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 14, 2014
Pros: stable business
Cons: right-sizing causes uncertainty and instability in the business results.
A typical day consists of underwriting application which requires continued focus and mental alertness. Its hard work but I enjoy working with the dealer clients and exploring ways to mitigate risk and maintaining the dealer client relationship while increasing volume penetration at the dealer level.
great place
Document Review Specialist (Current Employee), Westerville, OHDecember 14, 2014
Pros: Healthcare
Chase is a great place to start your career. Their benefits are great and I have met wonderful people throughout the years. I have learned so much and I'm very grateful to be part of Chase. I had the opportunity to go to different departments and learn the business of credit cards and also mortgage.
Over worked, under paid, under appreciated
Assistant Branch Manager AVP (Former Employee), Westchester NYDecember 13, 2014
The business cares about the business not the employees
very stressfull place to work
I would not recommend working there
Relationship Banker (Current Employee), ColumbusDecember 12, 2014
Pros: great commission structure
Cons: if you work hard, not much negative to say
Good place to work. Really enjoyed the co workers, management was very good to work with.
Lucrative company, fast paced environment
Financial Service Advisor/ Chargeback Advisor (Former Employee), Westerville, OHDecember 11, 2014
Pros: great facility, relaxation/rec room for employees
Cons: long hours
Used data base to report and record clientele's account activities; offered promotions, sales, [products, advice to clientele while generating revenue for banking institution.
Chase
Underwriter II (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 11, 2014
Pros: free holiday lunches
Cons: healthcare, training
Prior to the new management it was a great place to work. I was with the company for 15 years and was able to learn about and work for several different departments.
Changing daily
RECONCILIATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Columbus OhioDecember 11, 2014
Pros: changes daily on report issues
I worked on a few reports daily. My main report was the open items report. Fixing the issues on the report helped save the company money.
Terrible Management
Bankruptcy Operations Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 11, 2014
Cons: monitored everything, even when you had to go to the bathroom- they'd ask "where did you go?"
I've worked in many mortgage related jobs, but never one that was so hostile to their staff. Micro manage was so ridiculous in this company - not to mention favortism. Leads were sleeping with their staff - so obvious. Leads and management were so arrogant, it was disgusting. I laugh now learning of some of these peoples whereabouts as that site closed.
poor
Personal Banker (Former Employee), League City, TXDecember 11, 2014
poor management
this is a very micromanagement position, no matter how good you are its never enough for them
coaching and building moral
Vice President-Branch Manager (Current Employee), Antioch, ILDecember 10, 2014
Pros: love my team, i have a great team and enjoy working with them
Cons: work life balance.
A typical day at work is coming in having a branch huddle with employees that open, talk about successes and overall customer experience and what have we done to take it to the next level. Then I sit down with my bankers and go over the plan for the day and what we need to do as a team to deepen our relationship with our clients and what is missing – more... in our conversation, so we role play a few examples and then I sit and observe while they are assisting customers. As they meet with customer, I go in and introduce myself to the customer to reinforce what the banker is saying and overall making my banker look very good, and on top of a pedal stoll.
The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to our everday clients, we are a fun team and we get along and feed success off eachother. We are a great motivation for other branches and we have had many comments on how we are so different then the other branches..
The hardest part of the job overall is my work life balance. I work as many as 60 to 65 hours a week i usually open and close Mon-Saturday. I have a very limited staff, which then I need to fill in the gaps, I am a teller, banker, business banker and a manager all day. It is hard missing out on my family events because I cannot get a day off during the week and I also miss alot of doctors appointments. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About JPMorgan Chase

At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for – Read more