JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

Found 12,041 reviews matching the search
Bank Teller
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2017
My duty is to help customers with their banking such as deposits, withdrawals, transfers, payments, and more. To inform the other alternative ways to help them bank such as mobile banking, online banking, telephone banking, and the friendly ATMs. My main responsibility is to give exceptional great customer service. We drive for excellent customer service.
Cons
N/a
Flexible and innovative work environment
Amarillo, City Executive (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 17, 2017
I enjoyed being exposed to the many industry innovations my employer was always one of the first to deploy. I was trusted by my managers and in turn, they allowed me to manage my department how I saw fit assuming various general guidelines. The hardest part of the job was trying to implement JPM Chase's business model in a market that was almost 80% controlled by locally owned banks that were able to be more nimble and provide a full suite of services from the same department (silo). The most enjoyable part of the job was winning business in an arena of other competitors when my employer was able to provide a superior product or service structure. I also took great pleasure in helping my customers achieve market dominance, profitable operations and sustained growth. A typical day at work was 30% marketing, 30% underwriting and analysis, 40% administrative. I also enjoyed interacting with my co-workers, watching them win and grow into productive bankers.
Pros
Flexibility, compensation and benefits and innovative culture
Cons
Narrow product set given competiton
Good work experienc
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2017
Working in the Global Trades was a enjoyable experience, the staff was helpful and informative. Learned to use other systems with in Chase and processing of documents.
Retail side is the not the place to be
Private Client Banker - SB/MOD (Former Employee) –  Highland Village, TXJuly 17, 2017
Working on the retail side is challenging on work like balance. You will work most weekends, get the lowest bonuses and advancing outside of the retail division is tough. Not impossible but challenging.
good place to work
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2017
good place to work professional atmosphere nice managers nice work setting, but they are quick to let good people go, they dont play about attendance schedule nor metrics very strict
Small team with somewhat flexible schedule
Senior HRSD Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33610July 17, 2017
Learned PeopleSoft and how to process very large payrolls (85K employees). Management and trainers are in a different state and abroad so training is on the phone for hours everyday. Most enjoyable part of job is working from home on Friday
Pros
WFH on Friday
Cons
Long commute, team is not very nice
Very Professional Workplace & Employees, Fun and Room to Grow
Loan Line Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 17, 2017
Being On Time = Be there EARLY, Ready to work and already in position. Come ready to serve, grow in your education and experiences, make sure you are open to immediate change of pace, environment and culture. Have an open mind and never limit your abilities. Trust in the process of success and show a teachable spirit that asks questions and have a listening heart, mind and ear.
Appreciated the benefits
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 17, 2017
This company acquired the bank that I previously worked for. Overall I miss a larger companies dynamic. This company went away from good old customer service.
Benefits
Cons
No work life balance, uncaring
Amazing Organization
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 17, 2017
The opportunity is a contract opportunity. The inclusion of all team members and leadership is great for building relationships. The leadership is very involved in all levels of projects. In addition, the projects are using Agile methodology which makes it dynamic.
The organization uses a huge amount of contractors and the opportunity to be converted to full time is slow..
I would definitely recommend the organization to other professionals who want the financial industry standard.
Pros
culture, people, flexibility
Cons
heavily depend on contractors
Difficult moving up and raises are minimal
Third Party Management Office (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2017
It is difficult to be promoted even when you are doing the job of a VP, you still need to wait, sometime years, to get promoted to the title and pay. Increases are at best minimal.
Work life balance is talked about, but not reality. There is always a pressing fire to fight.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Promotions, Increases, Work Life Balance
Easy place to work however peers and management unqualified
Collateral Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 16, 2017
The job and culture is low stress and diverse environment. However, there is no published salary range or work experience are adhered to, Bonuses and salary arbitrarily assigned. There are people doing the same job making $30k more, yet less qualified,but friends with management make considerable better income which creates hostile work enviroment.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Salary and promotion done
Large cut throat company that do not like to retain talent
Senior Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2017
J P Morgan Chase does not provide job security. The company is an ever changing company that downsize at least once a quarter. The benefits are ok, the compensation is on the lower scale. I have learned to adapt to looking for a different position just in case my current position is sent to Indian or the Philippines. The hardest part of the job is waiting to be laid off, the most enjoyable part is making it through the layoff phases.
Merchant Services RM Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 16, 2017
I enjoy working there, great enviroment, great benefits and culture is great. Chase really knows what its doing with Merchant Services and the changes to come will benefit any Chase client.
Good Company
Risk Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2017
Initially I loved my experience in the Fraud Dept, however once management changed and our responsibilities started changing and they started adding additional job duties (things that branch employees were initially doing like running credit apps for customers to get approved for accounts & determining the type they qualified for if approved etc... and more customer service focused versus fraud/risk focused) but failed to increase our salary.

Business Casual dress code weekdays and Casual dress code on weekends.
Good compensation
Great schedules
Excellent benefits (medical, dental, 401K, and STD)
Not many opportunities for advancement within the call center

When new management came in it was the blind leading the blind.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Schedules
Quality Specialist
Quality Specialist Sr (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2017
Great benefits, learning opportunities, moving from one position to another, vacation 3 weeks for the starters, the most enjoyable part was when helping others, training
competitive paid vacation package
Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2017
The company benefits of paid time off where really competitive, most I've seen getting in a job. The bank is fast paced and the training is very helpful. Over all good place to work, compensation is ok not great. You can grow under the appropriate management, note that as most industries this is becoming highly computerized so much more of machine management than actual people management, the reason why I left as I was looking to grow to a supervisor position.
Pros
good vacation time
Cons
mostly parttime positions and more machine based
Good
Consultant - Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2017
Well run company . They could treat their consultants with a bit more respect at time but a well run IT shop with some great minds in the space. One of the more innovative financial institutions.
Competitived work place
Customer Service Disputes (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEJuly 14, 2017
Taking phone calls all day but I've learned how to have patience. Don't take every call personal they are just customers who wants a answer to a problem.
Great team atmosphere
SENIOR LEAD OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2017
Wonderful professional work environment. I thoroughly enjoyed working here and only left because of relocation out of state and this position was not offered elsewhere. This was a career job and one that I could of seen myself retiring from. I found overall the management to be reasonable and the job duties to be well defined and pleasant.
14 years of employment
Risk Analyst (GTI) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 14, 2017
I loved my job at Chase. I held many different positions in my 14 yrs there and learned a lot. The last 5 years I was able to work from home which I loved and it helped since my mother was elderly and I was able to be home in case she needed me. The down side to Chase is that they have several lay offs every year and it doesn't matter if you are a good employee or not.. If you pull the short stick your gone.. Losing my job at Chase almost cost me my house and it did cost me to lose a lot of money with having to modify my loan.
Pros
working from home
Cons
getting laid off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JPMorgan Chase. Our community is ready to answer.