JPMorgan Chase

7.2K reviews

JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

Program Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 26, 2015
Great benefits including matching 401K, healthcare plans, vacation time (plus personal days, sick days, and bank holidays).
TEAM WORK
Specialist (Former Employee), CHICAGOJuly 26, 2015
Pros: GREAT TEAM MEMBER
Cons: STRESS DEAMAND AN AMOUNT OF WORK ERROR FREE
GREAT PLACE TO WORK WITH TEAM ASSOCATED WITH GROUPS GATHERING FOR BIRTHDAY,BABY SHOWER AND CHANCES TO WIN GIFTS. AND REWARDS FOR QUALITY AND PRODUCTION
Productive and very busy work place
Underwriter (Former Employee), jacksonville, flJuly 26, 2015
Pros: incentives, department luncheons, bonus
underwrite loans for default borrowers in Oder to save there home, making such borrower sends in all requested documentation such as paystubs, ssi, retirement, bank statements.. ect
Lots of work, pay could be better.
Teller / Personal Banker (Current Employee), MiramarJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Lots of experience
Cons: pay. workload
Lots of transactions. Random rushes through out the day. The pay could better. Heavily taxed. Upward mobility is based on performance not experience.
good place
Professional Teller (Current Employee), miamiJuly 25, 2015
good environment. good benefits. overall convenient. there is a good work ilife balance. management is good. flexible hours. good working hours.
My experience may have been a little different than most, considering it was the mortgage branch.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Dependent on your department; various shifts available, can end up with enjoyable co-workers/management, free meals were occasionally procvided on weekend overtime
Cons: Highly production-focused environment, poor ethical practices, age-discriminatory, disorganized
I didn't really mind this job. There were the perks of working all types of shifts (mortgage branch is open 24 hours a day) and I got to work with the same people as my position wasn't customer-interactive. I got to cross-train a lot in my department.

The things that bothered me most:

The amount of security that ended up being necessary due to discrepancies/breaches with other employees. It got to where you would have to leave all of your things in your car and could only bring in your keys. There were turnstiles that you had to walk to after scanning your badge. It felt like going to prison. Before that time, work had been a lot more enjoyable. I think that a more thorough review of employee backgrounds needs to be performed instead of having to take these kinds of precautions with current employees because of security breaches.

Management was either really great or really terrible, so whoever you ended up reporting to would ultimately determine how work was for you. I started under someone that made it a negative experience, but ended up transferring into another department and reporting to wonderful and enjoyable individuals.

It was really frustrating trying to advance in this company in any department for many younger adults*. A lot of the time you would be passed up if you were under a certain age (that was told to me directly by upper management in an supervisor interview) because others would not respect someone too young in the position. So, a lot of times there would be a scenario where a really good internal candidate would be passed up for an external – more... candidate with no experience at the company purely because of their age. This happened to a LOT of people.

All in all, I believe it just depends on what location you are at and your team/superiors. It seems like if you get into a good spot within regard to those two things, then your experience will be positive overall. The same goes for how it can be negative.

One particular example I have:
Upper management changed right before I had left the company and my new VP signed off on a whole week of pay that I didn't even fill out time for before I left the company. Months later, I was receiving calls that I owed them an entire week of pay because I had taken PTO before quitting. I called this VP back and they just said they couldn't discuss it because they were no longer in the position and there was nothing they could do about it. I ended up paying that money because someone approved a time-card that I had never input time on and I didn't want my wages to be garnished. SO BE CAREFUL! They will not care what the circumstances were for this type of scenario, and they will send collections after you to make you pay something that was not your fault. I hadn't received any notification of the issue until the phone call stating I was pushed to collections. It was a mess. – less
great people, tough job
Associate, Corporate and Investment Bank (Current Employee), dallasJuly 24, 2015
training? what training? sink or swim. will miss these wonderful people - fantastic opportunity to gain skills and experience
great experience
Teller (Former Employee), Montebello, CAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Great staff
A typical day at work consisted of customers to efficiently complete their transactions. I learned a lot while working at my job. One important factor I took away is the bond you form with people because it was not just the workers I came to be close with but many of the customers felt like they were family. My management just like I am with a lot of places had its ups and downs. I had a professional relationship with them and that is all I can basically say. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with grouchy customers that just won't have it with the policies and not even wanting to sit an talk to a manager to see how else they can help them. The most enjoyable part was the family the branch built together.
Tough intense job that is still exciting and motivating
Relationship Banker - Small Business Specialist (Current Employee), Studio City, CAJuly 23, 2015
Its a tough job that can be extremely rewarding. You have to put in the time and work hard, but it will pay off. Its nice to be able to experience multiple sides of the banking world
Great company to work at but the management is not so great
Senior Teller/Teller (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJuly 23, 2015
I learned a lot as a teller handling several roles. Management do not recognize a great talent to promote. Great company to work for. I enjoyed helping customers with their financial needs.
Relaxed work enviroment
Quality Specialist II (Former Employee), Florence, SCJuly 23, 2015
JP Morgan Chase was a fun and relaxing place to work until the company shut down operations in the area and laid off all employees
Always a joy to go to work.
❸ Teller (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 23, 2015
Pros: great co-worker
Cons: pay
Helping customers. doing basic day to day tasks. One Manager is really not good under pressure. Great hours and really great people.
Wonderful understanding staff
Telephone Banker Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: management needs more people skills
Management is great, but needs to work on their people skills. that is all i have to say currently about this company.
there is nothing more to add- wish there was, everyone else was great but management was horrible.
strong financial company with innovative business strategy
Business Relationship manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 23, 2015
Pros: great compensation
Cons: very tight credit restrictions
my job consisted of managing large businesses cash flow and making sure they are able to run their business efficiently, I learned that no business operates the same and its important to tailor programs to the specific business needs. Management was fantastic always there to guide and help you and my co-workers were a lot of fun to work with, we made a great team. hardest part of the job was finding ways to lend money to businesses when credit was tight. The most enjoyable part of the job was the seeing the satisfaction on the clients face when you accomplished and satisfied their needs
Excellent benefits.
Remittance Processor/Mail Extractor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Bonus
Cons: Short breaks
I learned a lot in my nine years of working in J.P Morgan Chase. We continuously updating our skills through a Skills Academy, we should have at least 16 hours to do an on line classes in a year. Working in a diversified environment gives me a chance to know and work with people of different culture and that helps us to achieve one common goal. Employee engagement like attending Town Halls and Business Reviews, shared best practices to peers, and adhere to the JPMC Code of Conduct. They give incentives to the employees and also displaying pictures of the best employees for a year. I was one of those pictures still hanging in the hallway for 2014 Best Employee Portrait.
Working for a financial industry leader
Manager-on-Duty (Current Employee), Oldsmar, FLJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Company longevity
Cons: staffing reductions
Working in this industry is very unpredictable, everyday is a new learning experience because no two accounts, or customers are the same. Everyone at our branch works together as a family. The hardest part of the job is working with minimal staffing. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting so many different types of people, and having them leave our branch knowing we built a relationship with them.
Great company to work for
Senior Trader (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
Pros: stable work environment with many internal opportunites
Cons: office polotics of any large company
JPMorgan has all the business lines of a large bank which offers the opportunity for employees to learn throughout their careers.
salary/low
Collector II (Former Employee), Orlando,FloridaJuly 23, 2015
Pros: schedule
Cons: salary
pros;environment-ethics-security-company-benefis-schedule-policies&proceedures-job

cons;salary,adancement,no-overtime
great place to work
Account Management Representative (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLJuly 22, 2015
I enjoy working with my co-workers everyone is friendly and willing to help.. enjoy helping people, finding solutions to assist the card member. management are great and want you to succeed..
good pay
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Newark, DEJuly 22, 2015
Pros: gym
Cons: short breaks
working at jp morgan was great. they pay well and company offers lots of incentive. they have a gym on site. the dining facility was very good
Headquarters