JPMorgan Chase

7.4K reviews

JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

Non-stop action
HSA Customer Service, Team Lead (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Call center is stressful
Cons: Benefits
Chase is a good place to work, with a lot of growth potential. The only downside is the customer service department. It is very demanding and can be overwhelming.
Great job for learning
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Hayward, CAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Participating in branch openings, Learn about business laws
Cons: Management was horrible
Everyday was unpredictable. I learned how to balance cash boxes/Foreign bond safe/Main cash vault/TCD Machine. Management was unfair and sexist. The hardest part of the job was learning new audit protocols the day before our branch got audited. I enjoyed going to a lot of branch openings and being the Mascot for outside events
not the job i want to do for ever
Personal Banker (Current Employee), North Hollywood, CAAugust 19, 2015
Cons: i never have a time to take my full break, short staff
i love the job i do because i get to help people with their financial and love to help in their problem of course always following the polices.
It is all who you know to advance at Chase.
Curtisha Muhammad - Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 19, 2015
Pros: On-site cafteria
Cons: Micro managed bathroom breaks
Chase is not concern with employees personal lives outside of work. Very hard to get time off of work for doctor appointments or to handle personal matters. They removed 10% for 2nd shift employees to cut cost while upper management received raises.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Foster City, CAAugust 19, 2015
fast pace work environment
online training and a lot of meetings
very good work environment
Nice co-workers
very supportive manager
need to work under pressure
Productive but monotonous
Data Entry (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 19, 2015
Pros: You're allowed to eat snacks and listen to the radio while working.
Cons: Short breaks and lunches.
Very secure company but the work is tedious ans monotonous. The breaks don't seem to be long enough for the amount of people that the company has working for them. Also, the staffing agency that I was hired through seems a bit disorganized.
Easy work, not fulfilling
Advanced Product Support Team Lead (Current Employee), 1401 S 52nd Street, Ste 100, Tempe, AZ 85281August 19, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Complete inability to affect how my work is done
I answer emails from both internal and external people (clients, coworkers, developers, partner businesses), debug code, coach employees, interview candidates, review processes and once in a blue moon implement a new policy.

I learned a lot about corporate culture and how best to get new ideas out of the planning stage and on the road to implementation.

Management is multi-layered and at times convoluted. There is a strong culture of complacency and as a result new products/services tend to progress or change at a glacial speed. Most (not all) managers are just putting in time, but are generally easy to get along with and are reasonable.

I have enough subordinates that they span the entire histogram of the human experience, but half of my immediate colleagues (2) are very good people, and effective employees that I consider friends and have hung out with outside of work. The other half are largely ineffectual and unremarkable, but pleasant to talk to.

The hardest part of my job is navigating bureaucratic red tape.

The most enjoyable part of my job is using principles I learned while getting my economics degree to shape my subordinates' decision making processes to produce better outcomes for the firm, and to track these changes through metrics in such a way as to confirm that the process really does work.
All around great company
Telephone banker-Customer Service (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Chase goes out of their way to make sure all of their employees need are meet, this is a company that show they care about you well being
Cons: The amount of inbound calls a day when we're short of employees
Working for JP Morgan chase has been the best experience for me , I was able to work with various ethnic backgrounds and I really loved working with the customers , helping them with their banking needs
results driven
Relationship Banker (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: lack of positive feedback
helping walk in traffic
calling off lists of customers
searching for reasons to call customers
training
working with JP Morgan rep
working with mortgage banker
Productive fun work place with great management.
Documentation Specialist--Funder (Non-Prime) (Former Employee), PasadenaAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Perfect work environment
Cons: only con is that Chase closed most of the Auto Finance departments forcing me to leave the company
I enjoyed working for Chase for eleven years. I acquired knowledge in auto finance and loan processing while staying within compliance with state and federal regulations.
Operations Role
Investment Banking Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Newark, DEAugust 18, 2015
Back off job, overtime compensation is fabulous given that you don't have to use your brain too much. Office is large, and opportunity to potentially move to NY.
Okay...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 18, 2015
I worked in a call center taking inbound calls...monotonous and boring. Turnover was high. Not much room for advancement unless you want to get into management.
Multiple positions available within the company to suit your educational achievements
Senior Lead Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Multiple job opportunities
Cons: At times tough to promote within the departments
Chase is a good employer to work for with many varieties of jobs available to suit a multitude of educational backgrounds. Its multi ethnic makeup allows you to associate with individuals of all nationalities--each bringing something new and fascinating to the table.
There is also an onsite cafeteria and various vendors are allowed to come and serve the lunch crowd so you are never bored at lunchtime.
Dont do it
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 18, 2015
It takes years to move up. I find it laughable that their are bankers that haven't been promoted in 10 years. pay is horrible
Processor/ Jr Underwriter (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXAugust 18, 2015
productive, good co-workers, great hours, ability to grow and become knowledgeable within the company, great place to work
They pay great for a reason...
Financial Advisor/Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, MissouriAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits and pay.
Cons: Long hours, short breaks, minimal employee forgiveness, very stressful environment.
Starting salary is wonderful, at $11/hour, you can't go wrong. They will even increase the amount dependent on your past work experience.

The job conditions aren't horrible, it's an office environment, so one has to dress accordingly with the exception of Fridays, where it's represent Chase shirts and jeans day.

It is constant inbound calls, rarely any down time and their policies on absences or tardiness are horrible. They will not take 'doctor notes' as an excuse for any unscheduled missed or sick days.

Most of the co-workers are nice, the tenured ones tend to be a bit on the conceited side. Also, many many relationships and marriages have ended for whatever reason while I worked this job. It's certainly a job for single individual or someone who is just trying to earn quick big cash while looking for another job within the same pay grade.
Good company, can learn alot
Assistant Vice President, Special Projects (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 18, 2015
Good work life balance. Strong leadership that places emphasis on employee. Good locations, strong teams. Descent benefits.
This was an excellent place to work.
Banking Assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 18, 2015
JPMorgan Chase was an excellent place to work. I started immediately upon graduation from college. They were willing to train you and there was room for advancement. The co-workers were great. In every department I worked in, management was knowledgeable and willing to share their knowledge. I learned a great deal about computers, working with clients, and how to manage my time.
chase
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Canton, MIAugust 17, 2015
the daily expectations are that you take care of customer issues quickly and effectively while focusing on customer service, digital adoption, and deepening relationships
Excellent Firm
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Many opportunities for advancement
Cons: turnover
Wonderful Firm, which provides many opportunities for advancement, you just need to take advantage of them. Culture and Work/Life Balance is great!
Headquarters