JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

Found 10,185 reviews matching the search
Great company with lot of benefits
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYNovember 26, 2016
Its a great company to work with. I deal with customers throughout the day solving their problems and helping with their Banking needs.I have acquired strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate with customers with ease.The job has taught me the leadership qualities and build effective relationship with employees within,which inturn helped me build respect, trust and help each other in the aspect of my job.
My job involves decision making and multitasking ,sometimes the hardest part of the job is, being patient, however throughout the span of my work, I developed and learned the art of breaking ice with customers.
The most enjoyable part of my work is able to see smiles on the customer's face.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Staffing turnover, Less pay
Competitive
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 6, 2016
Overall the benefits and pay are in line with company standards.
The culture is very competitive. It's a great place to challenge one self and develop strong leadership skills. If you are proactive there are tons of groups and company supported community events that you can become involved with. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping clients reach their goals and helping employees grow.
Pros
Pay, Training, Great Affinity Groups
Depends on team you land in.
Financial Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 7, 2016
Experience Varies with the smaller team you end up with. I have worked with really smart helpful and hardworking people as well as the opposite. At such a large company the year end review process soley depends on whether or not your top manager is willing to argue your case, so the pursuit for greater compensation becomes as much about making sure the manager likes you as it is about being productive
Innovative bank with strong leadership & financials
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 13, 2016
Worked at a remote location. Typical week was about 45 hrs. Compensation was okay. Difficult to receive market value as you move up if you entered the bank in a lower paying position. Sr. mgmt opportunities non-existent if you are not located at one of the banks core hubs.
Pros
autonomy, good team, solid leadership
Cons
advancement difficult if you are not working at a core location
Productive environment
Client Associate / Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2016
Great Company. Been a teller for 5yrs just looking for a change & a better future. Willing to make more money & aim higher than ever.

-Maintain a cash drawer within set limits and services atms.
-Identify and submit product referral opportunities to appropriate sources.
-Maintain a foreign currency cash box.
-Provide exceptional customer service.
-Balance vaults daily.
somehow flexible
Executive Office Research (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2016
Always busy with work, I have being thru multiple departments within the bank and have learned many new things. Managements are very good and understanding as well as co-workers. The hardest part of the job is trying to make the goals for the month with out going over the Service Level Agreement and the most enjoyable part with have good co workers that responds to any questions.
Great working with staff and meeting new people
Sales and Service Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 18, 2016
Work days were always different. I was always learning new ways to approach customers. Management team was always there to help you and teach you something new. Co workers were always team players. Hardest part when I had an angry customer. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Pros
Pot lucks, team outings
Cons
short staffed at times
Profesional Place to work
Assistant Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJOctober 28, 2016
• Responsible for the administration and daily operation of the bank.
• Mainly responsible for assisting the branch manager and providing reports and statements of the daily work to the manager.
• Maintained good relationship with the staff and clients.
• Helped in preparing annual budget and strategies for meeting the goals and objectives.
• Responsible for solving all the queries and problems of the staff and clients.
Cons
helathcare
Very busy micromanaged strict attendance policy
Auto Loan Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 30, 2016
This is very fast paced customer service call center. Must have a great outgoing personality, dont mind customers being rude. Be polite, and ask supervisor if help needed. If you have young kids or family, not the job for you.
Pros
GROUP MEETINGS, TEAMS, MEET NEW PEOPLE
Cons
HARD TO FIND HELP WHEN NEEDED, HAVE TO RELAY ON YOUR GUT FEELING
Will work for them again
Senior Non-Prime Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJOctober 27, 2016
• Prepared loan titles for closing process (purchase and refinance) under various loan programs in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Reviewed loan file with loan origination system to ensure data accuracy. Prepared loan closing document package including closing instructions and dual wiring of funds request.
• . Prepared loan for wire funding. Submitted closed loan file for shipment to National Post Closing.
• Trained and coached all new hires. Managed non preforming employees with weekly performance management
Pros
Employee of the year
Cons
Closed down subprime division
good place
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2016
There aren't sales quotas you must hit every month. If you have a bad month than it just reflects on your bonuses

Sometimes we are understaffed, especially when people take vacations. Annoying customers who say they are entitled to everything and complain about anything that you do.

Sometimes outside hires get better pay than those being promoted and stay loyal to chase. That needs to change
Intense but fun
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 26, 2016
Working in marketing was amazing and I enjoyed most of it. My position was stressful because I was trained for 2 weeks and then my support went out on maternity leave. In her absence I was doing the job of 4 people and doing it really well. I had great support from the other departments. There was one hiccup that the copy editor was not good and only got worse after being promoted. Ultimately she went on a power trip and Chase merged with Bank One. Right after that our department was downsized and she was laid off. Eventually we were all let go.
Pros
on site massuse
Cons
not enough departmental support
Fast paced work environment, performance driven
Litigation mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Chase was a great place to work. I got to handle many complex accounts regarding our military service members, executive office escalations and work with our internal attorneys to settle litigated accounts. I enjoyed the fast pace and every changing environment due to new government regulations and process changes.
Productive for building clientele
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2016
Working for JPMorgan and Chase was an eye opening experience. During my time there I realized how society viewed banks. While working there, often times Occupy Atlanta came by to protest during the end of our shift leaving us hostage in the bank until enforcers came to break it up. This was during the time families were losing there houses to Chase because of mortgages not being paid. It was definitely a learning experience but I still found ways to enjoy the job by making connections with my daily customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Set hours
Great Company
Lead Collector - FL (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJanuary 20, 2017
Chase, is a family based business that is committed to taking care of its clients and employees. The training I underwent was phenomenal. They have broken down the art of selling homes to a science and given us all of the tools to be successful. Management is very personable and doesn't mind working one on one to help meet goals and fullest potential.
Pros
Fantastic Company
Cons
A reputable place to work
Customer Assistant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 20, 2016
Was able to work independently. Had my own accounts to work with deadlines for tasks. Use many computer systems daily to update each account. Worked well with co-workers. We kept up on our deadlines and helped each other to maintain a successful team. Enjoyed being able to work independently and still have co-workers or a manger to assist if needed.
JP Morgan has not assisted employee where it is needed
Customer Service Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 16, 2017
Working for this company has it pitfalls one of the dept, Default serving for more that 5 years, has been a waste of time, with there office politics and favoritism, let's there most more talented employee's leave, that has lead to the most negative work experience.
Benefits
Cons
Management is NOT EFFECTIVE, No Communication!
Time Consuming and Over worked
Teller-Lead Teller Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Liverpool, OHOctober 30, 2016
Chase has great advancement opportunities, however, you sacrifice your social life work more often than not. The bonuses are killed by taxes so you don't get much reward for the work you put in. Unless you are a Manager you are very under paid. The company can be very frustrating with the constant changes in policy.
Pros
Benefits, Paid vacations
Cons
Time, overworked and under paid
Awesome company to be apart of!
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 14, 2016
Awesome company to be apart of! A typical day at work is between the hours if 8am-5pm. Chase takes training to a new level by providing the means to become successful in your individual position. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my customers through their mortgage process. The hardest part of my job is delivering bad news if their loans aren't closing on time.
Quality Control Mortgage
Quality Control Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 19, 2016
Banks are all pretty much the same. I don't really have anything good or bad to say. You are either interested in working at a bank or you are not. You learn the rules of the game or you will lose. Politics are everywhere. The difference with Chase is this - they get what they want and will pay you for it. Don't be afraid to ask for an out of range salary. You may be surprised depending on the line of business. Otherwise a bank is a bank is a bank.
Pros
Good pay, good people.
Cons
too many to list.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JPMorgan Chase. Our community is ready to answer.