JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews in United States

Found 9,224 reviews matching the search
Must be able to multitask.
teller (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 7, 2016
A typical day at work was fairly unexciting; it was very routine. I learned how to multitask. I had to be able to count cash, process transactions, and talk to each customer as they drove up (I worked in the drive through) all while continuing to provide excellent customer service. My managers were nice and always made the schedule on time, however, I found that they did the least amount of work as possible to get them by. I believe in putting 100% of your effort into your job and they did not.
Productive and a fun place to work.
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 7, 2016
I felt that this company is an awesome company to vest your time with. They truely care about their employees, and give us encouragement along the way. The hardest part of the day was leaving for me. Being that I was an over achiever I alway went into work early and leave late. I felt the need to complete all my tasks, so that the team production will either had met production for the day or exceeded it. I love that everyone there including managers had an open door policy and would speak to one another. I felt that my co-workers there made it an enjoyable company just by being nice.
Excellent work environment
Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 7, 2016
Efficient process based implementation of all the technological developments though-out the board. Well managed and professional staff and collegues.
Liked the people that I worked with.
Wholesale Lockbox Operator (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MI 48111June 7, 2016
The people are great to work with. I learned to work on different machines that I did not know about. The shifts are okay. Had to work on the weekends.
People Leader with 20 years of experience in the financial industry. Possesses strong communication, organizational and training skills.
Illinois Payment Operations Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJune 6, 2016
Managed workflow for Payment Operations. Managed 50+ employees everyday. I worked with a great amount of talented Managers and employees.
Pros
Ensuring each customer was satisfied with the work I provided.
Cons
Paper payments decreased in volume.
great benifits
Assistant Manager/Unit Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2016
Chase is a corporate environment. The co workers are great and edger to learn and Chase rewards hard work. The company has great benefits and it pays well. The hours are great depending on the department they have tuition reimbursement.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
corporation
N/a
Loan Document Specialists (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 6, 2016
I had a cool manager. I would not like to discuss or give a review bout GM Financial at this time. So, no thank you, at this point.
Great Company
Document Execution Specialist November (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 6, 2016
JPMorgan Chase is a great company to work for. There are a lot of employment opportunities throughout the company. There is a lot of diversity throughout the company.
JPMorgan is terrible and almost everyone in NY has worked there
KYC Quality Control Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
You rely on your co-workers to teach you everything. Management doesn't do anything about unprofessional employees. The managers are unprofessional and swear all day in the workplace. The money that they're willing to pay you isn't worth the hassle that comes with working there.
Cons
Unstable, poor management, poor training, if you work at Metrotech, the commute is inconvenient for almost everyone.
n/a
n/a (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJune 6, 2016
Great company to work for also excellent benefits and very family oriented. Very flexible with work and home life. Very good with reviews and compensation.
Productive and comfortable environment
Student Intern / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2016
This job helped me with building my communication skills within the office. My co-workers were always open to teaching people new things that they may need help on. The most enjoyable part of the job was that every workday required a different task to be completed.
Very Poor Management in the Liquidity Risk Infrastructure Operate team within Risk Finance Technology
Vice President, Application Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 4, 2016
Management starting from the Exec. Director through his direct reporting management staff provides inconsistent messages delivering direction to achieve success.

The management in this Line of Business micromanages to the point of being treated like a juvenile.

This is a view of only 1 Line of Business at JPMorgan Chase.

There is no work life balance in this Line of Business
Solid company
Private Client Banker - SBS - MOD (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 4, 2016
Pros- Benefits, mobility, co-workers, technology

Cons- Pay, Work/Life balance, career advancement, upper management

Chase is a great company to work for. It's core values, mission, and beliefs are a fantastic way to approach customer service and relationship building. Unfortunately the pay is sub-par (lowest I have seen for any bank that I have compared), upwards momentum into career development is slow if not completely stalled, and job security is extremely fragile.
Productive Work Place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 4, 2016
This fast paced job always came with new challenges but with great change. I like how the employees treated everyone like family and was always so welcoming.
Quality place to work
Senior Vice President / Treasury Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2016
The company took very good care of its employees. I was very impressed with many of the people I worked for and supported. On the commercial lending side, hired the cream. Can't say enough nice things about JPMC. The best overall financial institution I ever worked for.
Pros
Took very good care of employees
Cons
Had none
Key Bank is a great place to work
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJune 3, 2016
Key Bank is a great place to work with lots a opportunities for advancement. There are many programs and classes to help advance your career.
Great place for extra money
Seasonal Verifier/Table Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 3, 2016
It's easy work and you learn about the different documents sent in to the IRS. The hardest part is dealing with some of the nonsense, but the enjoyable part is getting bonuses.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short breaks
A very diverse and productive workplace
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2016
The employees are the firm’s most important asset, so attracting, developing and retaining them in a culture that values learning and development is at the top of everything the firm does.
Stay Away From Auto Finance
Collection Specialist Loss Mitigation (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2016
I resigned because I felt like I was just a number. Even after being one of few consist top performers. There was constant change and inconveniences to the employees. No recognition from managers, instead, we had to recognize our peers that he competing against for a bonus.
AML/KYC is a data entry job, do not fall for the great PR
Onboarding Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 2, 2016
AML/KYC is not an investigative type of work but data entry.
You put the information in the system that the bankers do not have time to do but can complain about and your research is using google to look for clients info because lexisnexis is too expensive.

Since JPM is cost cutting, they are moving cost center to cheap areas, i.e. AZ. and likely India like Goldman Sacks opening cost center/hubs in Salt Lake City, Utah, whats next Yuma Arizona? . The "we need to automate" is the buzz word for cost cutting since Account Opening and KYC is merge as a function for Onboarding Officers, JPM save's money.

Management -They are pouching from other banks, i.e. VP's that did not make the ED, jumps ship to JPM, just my observation, it shows they don't care if you ask them career development, crickets or you hear unclear answer, but they talk metrics. Its about the metrics, metrics, and relationship w/ bankers, and year end bonus.
Management don't lead in this environment, they are "Relationship Manager". I have not seen a TL disagree on any stupid ideas from Account Opening to bankers, even to the Managing Director. you have to smile and pretend you like them. It has the worst in gossiping about each other and no JPM culture is establish.

I can't complain about the starting pay and time off, but be wary, team leads/VP takes it negatively if you take more than two weeks. Starting pay $75K, w/ MBA and zero financial experience. Great Tuition Assistance program , medical/dental, employee stock purchase and 401k etc...

Ensure you know sharepoint, word, excel,
  more... pivot tables and such, typically back office work.

- training is a joke and not taken seriously since it does not reflect the day to day task that you do, trainers are trainers because they have been in the position for 5 -7 years, no concept of Critical Thinking or approach to teaching plan or best practice, lecture and read the slides. most of the time you are shadowing someone and be told you type this here and there.

- Morale is low because team leads are not mature or experience enough, they help people they like or suck up by giving watered down compliments, nobody cares about your military war stories, so please stop. Since starting in Jan 2015, almost 45% has since left to another firm for similar type of work but better work environment.

- hardest part of the job is not able to say what you mean since it can be taken out of context and hurts someone's feelings, since TL will always take side on the banker or QC to "maintain relationship".
another hardest part of the job is to watch and be bombarded by the PR in your office space and elevator, about how great we are and our CEO. lastly, be wary about bankers who pretend ignorance to just open accounts, very shady texas bankers, scrutinize their paperwork.

- Enjoyable part of the day is going home. again dead end job, nice entry into the organization and move on to what you think has a career path in finance...you have to pay the piper
Pros
great pay, benefits, and generous leave
Cons
terrible hours and self serving MD and VP, dead end job, no pipeline for career development