Do you prefer a professional workplace where the focus is on details and getting things “right”? Are you concerned with accuracy and like to have the necessary training to become an expert. Is this you? Then JSJ Corporation needs you as our Accountant. This position will provide support to the JSJ finance department with respect to fixed asset accounting, statement of cash flow preparation, intra company cash book and certain analytical procedures.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- General Ledger Accounting – Participates in monthly and annual maintenance of Corporate Office general ledger including account reconciliation and oversight. Also, will have responsibility for accounting support to the JSJ owned businesses as necessary.
- Cash Book – Will be responsible for monitoring and tracking daily cash position, outstanding debt position and will assist in preparing forecasted cash position. In conjunction with this monitoring, this role will be resposible for monitoring JSJ owned businesses debt position in relation to forecasted balances, calculating and communicating interest expense to the businesses, and ensure accurate and reconciled accounting recording of these balances. Executive level presentation of amounts is likely.
- Consolidated Financial Statements – Assist with the preparation of consolidated financial statements, including, more specifically, the preparation of consolidated statement of cash flows on a monthly basis, including foreign subsidiaries. Maintain Excel® templates for subsidiaries to enable corporate office to prepare statement of cash flows. Develop ideas and implement changes so that all cash flow information is collected within JSJ’s ERP system as compared to an Excel® template.
- Treasury Management – Will serve as an integral part of the daily cash operations, including reviewing and approving business ACH and Wire activity and developing templates and communications for efficient and controlled cash activity.
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel® - Job is highly dependent upon an advance understanding of Excel® and its advanced techniques. Must enjoy and be willing to learn and develop advanced Excel® Skills such as Power Pivot, macros, vlookup, hlookup, sumif, index, match, etc.
- Have a sound understanding of GAAP including revenue recognition and expense matching principles. Must posses a basic understanding of appropriate financial statement presentation.
- Bachelors in Accounting or related discipline.
- 2-3 years of experience in accounting related position.
Primary Location: Grand Haven, MI
Schedule: Full-Time, standard office hours
If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume, please use Attention: Accountant.
JSJ Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 30+ days ago
The JSJ Corporation is a privately held collection of growth companies that provide industry-leading durable goods and services...