JACK'S Employee Reviews

it's ok for an entry level; just started working at 16 kind of job.
General Helper (Former Employee) –  McCalla, ALJanuary 7, 2017
Plenty of hours. Hired me on full time right off. Management was ok. The work was simple. Pay was terrible. It was good firm work experience.
Pros
two 15 min breaks
Cons
low pay
Not the best place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Trinity, ALOctober 16, 2012
I lost my job because I was involved in a wreck with an eighteen wheeler . I was injured . They gave me two weeks to come back to work then they fired me because I was unable to work . I was released one week a go and they have yet to help me get me job back . They said they would try everything in their power to hire me back and I have called the store manager numerous times and I don't even get a call back . There is a lot of drama up there caused by the Breakfast Manager and the General Manager . The management area could use a lot of work . Sometimes I would work twelve hours and work way past the time I was supposed to leave and I wouldn't even get a break .
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
poor benefits, sloppy management, short breaks
a good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Heflin, ALMarch 29, 2016
jacks was a great fast food place to have your first job and start out, but I would never want to make it as a life career. I enjoyed it and the company and employees were excepting.
Awesome crew and great advancement within the time I worked at this company. They also gave me overtime.
Frontline Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALDecember 15, 2012
I would come into work early and clock in right on time. They preferred to put me on front counter because that is what I was best at. I always greeted all of the customers and I also had regulars that came in every day. Everyone loved my bubbly personality and my great customer service. I always got compliments and I loved that, my customers were the best. And my manager always wanted me to work overtime, they even gave me a $.25 raise and a promotion. It was a wonderful place to work.
Pros
everything.
Cons
it's in alabama.
Fun working place and a very easy job.
Cook (backline) (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALJuly 12, 2012
We serve our customers with the best of our ability hot and ready every time we make a meal. I learned to respect my customers no matter what. My co-workers are very easy to get along with and are very helpful when needed. There is really no hard part of the job unless we get really busy. But the most enjoyable part is when we give out our food customers compliment us and tell us how good they loved there food, and also we have fun serving them.
Pros
we get half off on our lunches
Cons
there are no raises given out.
Good job to get started
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sutter Creek, CAJanuary 22, 2016
They are good people, who run a business, they are family oriented and customer friendly. They work hard at keeping a constant schedule and make sure that all employees are aware of their schedule well in advance
productive with a lot of joking around
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Locust Fork, ALJanuary 16, 2013
I would do a range of jobs which taught me to be versitile,management was not great so that taught me to do work without being told.co workers liked to talk and leave work to the people willing to do it.hardest part was dealing with lazy co workers,the most enjoyable part was working with a friend who worked as hard as i did.
Pros
half off lunches
Cons
bad wages/no benefits
Productive and busy work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXDecember 20, 2015
Doing inventory, stocking, and fast paced, customer service, sales, cash register management, supplier shows, building up keep.
My experience at jacks
Cook (Current Employee) –  Meridianville, ALDecember 2, 2014
Jacks is a fast pace employment where I have learned many hands on skills to further my knowledge in the workforce. I enjoy the people I work with and I wouldn't be leaving if I didn't need to establish a career that will allow me to build a bright future for myself. I am looking for long term employment where I can make a home for a lifetime and work my way through the ranks. I think that my bosses are hard workers and great leads for us to follow and they ensure we are all trained to do our jobs to the best of our abilities, the hardest part of the job is grease clean up and chicken bin cleanup because I don't like strong orders but I work my way through it.
Jack's was overall an okay place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fyffe, ALOctober 17, 2013
A typical day at work for me was taking orders, making them, cleaning, helping anybody that needed to be helped.
I learned that I definently don't want to be stuck in a fast food job.
Managment was okay, they didn't really thank anybody for working hard and would leave the store to smoke when we where super busy and not come back in till the rush was over.
The co-workers we fun and friendly, but most were unwilling to work and I would do their job for them.
The hardest part of the job was working so hard and not really being appreciated for it.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being around friendly people.
Pros
%50 off lunches, flexible hours
Cons
not enough workers, salary
Being Productive
part-time cashier and customer service specialist (Current Employee) –  TrussvilleSeptember 15, 2014
A typical day at work is greeting customers and making sure their happy. There is always something you can learn at Jack's whether it's making biscuits or whether it's your first time on the grill. My co-workers are hard working and no how to work together to get the job done. The hardest part of the day is trying to clean up when were busy but when everything is neat and in order it's not so hard. The most enjoyable part of the job is good customer service.
Pros
401K, Uniforms, breaks
Cons
N/A
Jack's
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 13, 2014
A typical day at work was fast moving customer service. That was fairly enjoyable work. I learned how to help customers fast, and how to deal with unpleasant customers. My managers were, for the most part, fair. My co-workers kept to themselves, but enjoyed talking with everyone occasionally. The hardest part of my job was dealing with unpleasant customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with everyone.
Pros
Long hours, nice staff, good managers
Cons
Fast food, rude customers
Worst place I've ever worked.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbiana, ALApril 3, 2013
After just a couple months of being here, I can see that this place is not ideal for someone with my height of standards. It's unsanitary in every way imaginable. The management seems to have no idea what they're doing or what their job is as a manager/assistant manager. They care more about their ticket times than the quality of food, they're rude and occasionally hostile towards employees, and they're overall impatient and uncooperative.
Fast and busy on most days.
Manager (Former Employee) –  McCalla, ALNovember 26, 2014
I come in at 3:30 in the morning and begin my daily task. I learned a new type of position in training for a management position. All managers have a different way of doing things. My co-workers and I work as a team every day. Making sure I could perform my duty as a front line cook was done in a timely manner was hard to do on Sundays. When I could train some one to do the things I was able to do.
Fun work environment but not flexible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, ALSeptember 12, 2012
Handling over 180 cash transactions daily.My coworkers were great people although there were some issues. Management was ok. The hardest part about this job was the business peaks. The most enjoyable part of this job was the chance to meet new people and making new friends
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
only one 30 min break
Humble Company
Cashier / Cook (Former Employee) –  Iuka MSDecember 5, 2012
My days at Jacks was different everyday. There was on the job training all the time. The management was great they was happy and up beat. The people I worked with was fun and easy going. The hardest part of my job was scrubbing the floors. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with.
Working At Jack's
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Attalla, ALOctober 14, 2013
I liked working at Jack's because I learned quickly how to do my job. I liked the people I worked with and I enjoyed serving the customers. I learned how to have patience and a good work ethic. The hardest part of the job, for me, was cleaning the men's restroom. Management employees were always very helpful.
Typical Day at Work
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Moody, ALJanuary 14, 2015
Working at Jack's, I have acquired greater responsibilities. I have learned, as a manager, that the cashiers serve the customers, and I serve the cashiers. I have learned what it's like to be depended on, instead of dependent on someone else. The hardest part of my job is making sure that everything runs smoothly; that I don't run out of food, my cashiers don't run out of money, my customers are happy and satisfied, my employees are cheerful and love their job. Basically, the hardest part of my job, is keeping EVERYTHING in check. The most enjoyable part of my job is satisfying my customers and providing them with a clean and enjoyable experience, and being able to say that I accomplished that.
Pros
Decent money, Rewarding feeling, Running my own shift, Being responsible for everything
Cons
No bonuses, High stress level, Being responsible for everything
Jack was a great man and it showed through his business.
Cook, Clean, Server, Handyman. (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 3, 2015
Everyday was the next Great food great fun. I've learned how to fry, cook, and be a man through Jack. Jack was a wonderful boss who loved everyone as family, and his staff were a true reflection of him and his great works. Some days were hard when tourist came by the masses, the hunger seemed to never stop for Jack's. Every day was just simply great though i would have never been such a hard worker if it wasn't for Jack's.
Pros
There was always peace in the air.
Cons
The days when we had too many people to count.
Great environment
Cashier/Cook/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALNovember 16, 2012
A typical day at work is usually really easy. I learned how to be a cashier, cook, hostess, stocker. Management was great. I loved ALL my co-workers. Hardest part of the job was cleaning up our mess at the end of the night. Being able to help customers.
Pros
employee discounts, 30 minute lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JACK'S. Our community is ready to answer.