JACK'S

JACK'S Employer Reviews

Nice Place To Work
Cashier (Former Employee), Barbourville, KYFebruary 7, 2014
Fast Paced Work, Friendly Faces, Good Pay! Overall, I value the experiences and skills I acquired while working there.
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Homewood, ALDecember 6, 2013
Pros: got longer lunch breaks
Cons: healthcare
The hardest part of the job was not being able to satisfy a customer.
OK
Team Manager (Former Employee), Springville, ALOctober 29, 2013
It was a job i got right out of high school. so it had its major ups and downs
This job was fast paced and most always busy. I very much enjoyed this job very much.
Front line Cashier (Former Employee), Adamsville, TNOctober 29, 2013
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: late hours
A typical day at work i would come in and start wherever i was needed if someone was waiting to be waited on i would take their order but if someone was already in the process of ordering i would already be feeling their order. i would be cleaning anytime i had a chance to. my co workers were amazing they always kept the job fun for everyone .
Fast paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Anniston, ALOctober 21, 2013
Just waited on customers all day. The good thing about working there was the week pay check.
Jack's was overall an okay place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Fyffe, ALOctober 17, 2013
Pros: %50 off lunches, flexible hours
Cons: not enough workers, salary
A typical day at work for me was taking orders, making them, cleaning, helping anybody that needed to be helped.
I learned that I definently don't want to be stuck in a fast food job.
Managment was okay, they didn't really thank anybody for working hard and would leave the store to smoke when we where super busy and not come back in till the rush was – more... over.
The co-workers we fun and friendly, but most were unwilling to work and I would do their job for them.
The hardest part of the job was working so hard and not really being appreciated for it.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being around friendly people. – less
Working At Jack's
Crew Member (Former Employee), Attalla, ALOctober 14, 2013
I liked working at Jack's because I learned quickly how to do my job. I liked the people I worked with and I enjoyed serving the customers. I learned how to have patience and a good work ethic. The hardest part of the job, for me, was cleaning the men's restroom. Management employees were always very helpful.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Vernon, ALAugust 20, 2013
Pros: discount lunches
Cons: full priced ice cream for employees
Great for meeting and forming customer relations. Fun work place.
Great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Muscle Shoals, ALAugust 13, 2013
I loved all my managers. I hated to leave when I had to relocate. These people were like family. THey were very dependable and I learned a strong work ethic from it. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the people. The hardest wass leaving. My co-workers and I got along great.
Enjoyable company
Managerial Accountant (Former Employee), The Dalles, ORMay 22, 2013
Gather all financials and balanced records. Brief check in with managers for possible concerns. Management changed often making it difficult on the company. I enjoyed the enthusiasm of the employees.
Laid back
Frontline/Cashier (Former Employee), Heflin, ALMay 1, 2013
A typical day at work for me was at times busy aswell fun.
I learned how to be more patient, customer friendly and how to manage money.
The hardest part of the job from my prespective was when having to cover other people's duties while doing mine too.
The most enjoyable part was night shift; only because we interacted more with eachother.
Worst place I've ever worked.
Cashier (Current Employee), Columbiana, ALApril 3, 2013
After just a couple months of being here, I can see that this place is not ideal for someone with my height of standards. It's unsanitary in every way imaginable. The management seems to have no idea what they're doing or what their job is as a manager/assistant manager. They care more about their ticket times than the quality of food, they're rude – more... and occasionally hostile towards employees, and they're overall impatient and uncooperative. – less
productive with a lot of joking around
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Locust Fork, ALJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: half off lunches
Cons: bad wages/no benefits
I would do a range of jobs which taught me to be versitile,management was not great so that taught me to do work without being told.co workers liked to talk and leave work to the people willing to do it.hardest part was dealing with lazy co workers,the most enjoyable part was working with a friend who worked as hard as i did.
Awesome crew and great advancement within the time I worked at this company. They also gave me overtime.
Frontline Trainer (Former Employee), Oxford, ALDecember 15, 2012
Pros: everything.
Cons: it's in alabama.
I would come into work early and clock in right on time. They preferred to put me on front counter because that is what I was best at. I always greeted all of the customers and I also had regulars that came in every day. Everyone loved my bubbly personality and my great customer service. I always got compliments and I loved that, my customers were the – more... best. And my manager always wanted me to work overtime, they even gave me a $.25 raise and a promotion. It was a wonderful place to work. – less
Humble Company
Cashier / Cook (Former Employee), Iuka MSDecember 5, 2012
My days at Jacks was different everyday. There was on the job training all the time. The management was great they was happy and up beat. The people I worked with was fun and easy going. The hardest part of my job was scrubbing the floors. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with.
Great environment
Cashier/Cook/Stocker (Former Employee), Gadsden, ALNovember 16, 2012
Pros: employee discounts, 30 minute lunch
A typical day at work is usually really easy. I learned how to be a cashier, cook, hostess, stocker. Management was great. I loved ALL my co-workers. Hardest part of the job was cleaning up our mess at the end of the night. Being able to help customers.
productive
Backline coordinator (Former Employee), Tallassee, ALNovember 9, 2012
Pros: discounted food and free drinks and weekly pay
Cons: lots of drama and stress
Very Busy at some points
Learn alot about teamwork
Can be fun if you love fast paced
Good co-workers
And bad ones
Not the best place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee), Trinity, ALOctober 16, 2012
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: poor benefits, sloppy management, short breaks
I lost my job because I was involved in a wreck with an eighteen wheeler . I was injured . They gave me two weeks to come back to work then they fired me because I was unable to work . I was released one week a go and they have yet to help me get me job back . They said they would try everything in their power to hire me back and I have called the store – more... manager numerous times and I don't even get a call back . There is a lot of drama up there caused by the Breakfast Manager and the General Manager . The management area could use a lot of work . Sometimes I would work twelve hours and work way past the time I was supposed to leave and I wouldn't even get a break . – less
Fun work environment but not flexible
Cashier (Former Employee), Coldwater, ALSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: only one 30 min break
Handling over 180 cash transactions daily.My coworkers were great people although there were some issues. Management was ok. The hardest part about this job was the business peaks. The most enjoyable part of this job was the chance to meet new people and making new friends
Fun working place and a very easy job.
Cook (backline) (Current Employee), Bessemer, ALJuly 12, 2012
Pros: we get half off on our lunches
Cons: there are no raises given out.
We serve our customers with the best of our ability hot and ready every time we make a meal. I learned to respect my customers no matter what. My co-workers are very easy to get along with and are very helpful when needed. There is really no hard part of the job unless we get really busy. But the most enjoyable part is when we give out our food customers – more... compliment us and tell us how good they loved there food, and also we have fun serving them. – less