JACK'S Employee Reviews

Productive and busy work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXDecember 20, 2015
Doing inventory, stocking, and fast paced, customer service, sales, cash register management, supplier shows, building up keep.
Over all
Front Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALOctober 2, 2015
Working at Jacks is great. Everyone there are all amazing. The managers are always willing to help you with whatever you need. The food is great, the store is always clean. I've learn so much there with cooking to taking peoples orders.
Pros
discount on lunches if you worked that day
Cons
30min breaks
fun fast paced place to work
Owner and Manager (Former Employee) –  OKAugust 2, 2015
Jacks s C Store was a fun faced paced place to work. I really enjoyed the job but most of all the customers. I was very sad to sell jacks C Store after my husband transferred to Portland Texas, therefor we were unable to continue running the store. We had a great offer and decided to sell.
Pros
love the customers and made new friends
enjoyed the people I worked with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Millbrook, ALJune 9, 2015
I learned a lot about the food industry and how to treat customers. Most of my co-workers were friendly. Some of the managers were ugly to their employees.
Pros
reduced meals
Cons
not enough hours given
Jack was a great man and it showed through his business.
Cook, Clean, Server, Handyman. (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 3, 2015
Everyday was the next Great food great fun. I've learned how to fry, cook, and be a man through Jack. Jack was a wonderful boss who loved everyone as family, and his staff were a true reflection of him and his great works. Some days were hard when tourist came by the masses, the hunger seemed to never stop for Jack's. Every day was just simply great though i would have never been such a hard worker if it wasn't for Jack's.
Pros
There was always peace in the air.
Cons
The days when we had too many people to count.
Summary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 8, 2015
It was a fun and interesting experience at Jacks, the co workers were ok, and the most enjoyble part of the job is having every customer smile
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fyffe, ALApril 1, 2015
Took and filled orders. Got supplies ready for shifts and cleaned the restaurant daily. We got the supplies ready everyday for the breakfast and lunch hours such as coffee tea and salad dressing to give to the ones ordering food.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
good food
Good workplace
Back Worker (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALMarch 5, 2015
Management was okay but wish they would treat you better. Other than that the employees were nice. Good workplace and good service.
Typical Day at Work
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Moody, ALJanuary 14, 2015
Working at Jack's, I have acquired greater responsibilities. I have learned, as a manager, that the cashiers serve the customers, and I serve the cashiers. I have learned what it's like to be depended on, instead of dependent on someone else. The hardest part of my job is making sure that everything runs smoothly; that I don't run out of food, my cashiers don't run out of money, my customers are happy and satisfied, my employees are cheerful and love their job. Basically, the hardest part of my job, is keeping EVERYTHING in check. The most enjoyable part of my job is satisfying my customers and providing them with a clean and enjoyable experience, and being able to say that I accomplished that.
Pros
decent money, rewarding feeling, running my own shift, being responsible for everything
Cons
no bonuses, high stress level, being responsible for everything
My experience at jacks
Cook (Current Employee) –  Meridianville, ALDecember 2, 2014
Jacks is a fast pace employment where I have learned many hands on skills to further my knowledge in the workforce. I enjoy the people I work with and I wouldn't be leaving if I didn't need to establish a career that will allow me to build a bright future for myself. I am looking for long term employment where I can make a home for a lifetime and work my way through the ranks. I think that my bosses are hard workers and great leads for us to follow and they ensure we are all trained to do our jobs to the best of our abilities, the hardest part of the job is grease clean up and chicken bin cleanup because I don't like strong orders but I work my way through it.
Fast and busy on most days.
Manager (Former Employee) –  McCalla, ALNovember 26, 2014
I come in at 3:30 in the morning and begin my daily task. I learned a new type of position in training for a management position. All managers have a different way of doing things. My co-workers and I work as a team every day. Making sure I could perform my duty as a front line cook was done in a timely manner was hard to do on Sundays. When I could train some one to do the things I was able to do.
Jack's
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 13, 2014
A typical day at work was fast moving customer service. That was fairly enjoyable work. I learned how to help customers fast, and how to deal with unpleasant customers. My managers were, for the most part, fair. My co-workers kept to themselves, but enjoyed talking with everyone occasionally. The hardest part of my job was dealing with unpleasant customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with everyone.
Pros
long hours, nice staff, good managers
Cons
fast food, rude customers
Being Productive
part-time cashier and customer service specialist (Current Employee) –  TrussvilleSeptember 15, 2014
A typical day at work is greeting customers and making sure their happy. There is always something you can learn at Jack's whether it's making biscuits or whether it's your first time on the grill. My co-workers are hard working and no how to work together to get the job done. The hardest part of the day is trying to clean up when were busy but when everything is neat and in order it's not so hard. The most enjoyable part of the job is good customer service.
Pros
401k, uniforms, breaks
Cons
n/a
Fun place, but corrupt management
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lewis Center, OHAugust 12, 2014
very fun to work with animals and customers, but rude and corrupt management
Productive and laid back workplace.
CREW MEMBER (CASHIER) (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 12, 2014
A typical workday consisted of preparing for the breakfast crowd (I worked morning shift) and making sure we had everything stocked for frontline. The hardest part about this job is dealing with customers and co-workers whom can be VERY RUDE AND DISRESPCETFUL at times for NO REASON. The best part about this job is working with managers that actually work.
It was a good place to work.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMay 8, 2014
I enjoyed working with my co-worker they wre fun to work with. The manager was very nice to her workers.
Very exciting environemnt to work in.
Cashier/Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSApril 1, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of entering work. I start by clocking in and see what kind of work that lies ahead of me. I've learned so many new things; running a cash register, making a burger the way the customers want, the Jack's way of cleaning. And so forth, as far as my managers they are very strict and I enjoy the company. I take heed to the advice that they are passing on towards me. Because I know as a manager they wouldn't lead me in the wrong direction. My co-workers are easy to get along with, I never let them interfere with my work. The most hardest and enjoyable part of my job is when having to deal with very rude customers and I get to kill with kindness by being nice.
Pros
half pprice lunch.
Cons
short breaks.
Nice Place To Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYFebruary 7, 2014
Fast Paced Work, Friendly Faces, Good Pay! Overall, I value the experiences and skills I acquired while working there.
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALDecember 6, 2013
The hardest part of the job was not being able to satisfy a customer.
Pros
got longer lunch breaks
Cons
healthcare
Ok
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Springville, ALOctober 29, 2013
It was a job i got right out of high school. so it had its major ups and downs