Jack-in-the-Box Employee Reviews in United States

Productive day at work
Cashier/Team Member (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Today was a very productive and exciting day at work. As we walked in we are introduced to the new members which will need training. Today we learned different customs of doing things and being able to multi-task and become asset for our employer in the best way possible. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the area in which the work is so they could feel comfortable. The most enjoyable part was at the end of the day when they can tell their story and admit that they have not mastered but learned a lot of new things .
Pros
Training and experience recieved
Cons
Not an opportunity for farther advancement
Great competitive job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OkAugust 5, 2015
Much like other fast food positions. They get filled quickly. Sometimes you may work with difficult people, sometimes not so much. Either way, it is a responsibility, to be a great team player and achieve success with our daily goals. Customer must be satisfied, and orders must be filled in a timely manner. You can advance fast with this company, and the long term benefits aren't bad at all.
A typical hectic, yet family-like, fast food environment.
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, ArizonaOctober 3, 2015
I began working at Jack-in-the-Box while I was working for another food company, which I quit so I could be more devoted to Jack-in-the-Box. I had to learn all the equipment and food making processes from scratch. Unfortunately, training was a little hectic due to the fact that I was left alone for most of it, however, I learned quickly. A typical day at work would have been getting free soda before work started and depending on what day it was and what time I was working, I would have to prepare quickly for the rush or try to catch up my co-workers. My co-workers had their human flaws, however, I did not have any personal issues with either management or my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with understaffed rush hour. The most enjoyable part was free drinks and discounts.
Pros
Free soda and coffee
Cons
Understaffed
Fast paced, stressful, and pays poorly.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  SacramentoJanuary 9, 2015
Very cheap company. 5+ years and no raise. Too much work for amount of labor scheduled. Overall terrible.
Pros
my manager worked with my school schedule, sometimes.
Cons
everything else
Fun and fast paced work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOOctober 31, 2012
I was the opening manager for this company. My day consisted of prepping the store for the days sales, handling bank deposits, train and discipling employees, and ensuring all food safety rules were followed. The management here was very good. The hardest part of the job was getting through the lunch rush.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no benifits and an immature work crew
Fun, upbeat, and always a good time.
Assistant Manager-2nd (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 9, 2013
A typical day at Jack-In-The-Box is fast-paced and fun. I learned alot aobut myself and how to be a better guest representative for the company. The management teams are encouraging and there for you.
Pros
manager meals, health/life/dental, 401k
Cons
working breaks
Jack in the box
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Chehalis, WANovember 10, 2012
The Jack in the box at Chehalis was the best place I have ever worked. The employer is a really caring person and she treats her crew right. I enjoyed working there and feel like a dope for quitting.
Pros
benefits for shift leaders and above
Cons
trying to get enough hours
nice working environment
shift leader (Former Employee) –  honolulu hawaiiApril 12, 2012
nice friendly people working with.it was fun to go to work and have fun too..just loved working there..
Pros
fun environment co-worker are great
Cons
communications and partial benefits
Productive throughout the day
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJune 11, 2015
I was a cashier at Jack-in-the-Box for about a month. I handled peoples money and took orders to the customers satisfaction. Management wasn't very helpful to employees, no training was involved. Co-workers weren't helpful when asked a question and were far from outgoing. The hardest part of the job was figuring everything out for myself and finding necessary supplies needed. The most enjoyable was helping customers fulfill their needs.
Cons
Unstable work environment
Shift Managment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2015
Skilled Customer Service Professional with more than 10 years in the retail industry. Recognized for communicating technical information to customers as well as assisting customers in product locations. Cashiering, and stocking merchandise. Possess excellent ability in training and assisting others.

Want to know more about Jack-in-the-Box?

Ask a question
The job was well-balanced in every aspect
Drive-Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXApril 8, 2015
I worked the five to two shift and sometimes the seven to three. I arrived when the store was open and I help set up and make sure everything was cleaned before the customers arrived and for a few hours before I took my break I was the drive-thru order taker and the cashier because it was not many of us that came at five. I learned how to multi-task. The management was great they never really never had a complaint. The hardest part of my job is remembering everything I was suppose to say to the customers. My co-workers were okay they did not want to be on drive-thru because no one really like it. I enjoyed greeting and talking with the customers.
Fun work environment.
Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 6, 2015
I worked the graveyard shift at the Jack-in-the-Box on Milton and the main thing about it is that all the people that I got to work with were always very helpful and very considerate. Even if you mess up no one gets upset, they just come to your help.
Pros
Free drinks, 1 free $7 meal per day
Cons
standing for 8 hours strait
Good work enviroment
Team Leader/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 22, 2015
Good place to work, but lacks stable management and motivation. In less than a month I was asked to start training for Team Leader position.
fast pace job with emphasis on costumer service
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2014
I would usually work early mornings and take peoples orders. I would help bag up food and serve it to the customers. I learned a lot about how fast food service works and a lot about customer service. The management was alright but did not manage how you would expect of someone in that position. I had a few nice co-workers but for the most part they were very rude to me because i was the youngest there. The hardest part was getting used to the rush of multitasking. After I got up to speed it was easy sailing from then. Most enjoyable part was getting the discounted food for lunches.
Pros
good experience
Cons
uncomfortable workplace
Can be enjoyable at times
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 31, 2015
Not a good work and life balance job if you have a family.
Relief does nc/ns, Gm doesn't notify mgr. on shift of call offs also won't answer personal phone outside of work
It's alright.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMay 31, 2015
I like the fast pace of this place because it's right next to the high school, and the employees at the time were really nice. I did unfortunately pulled my back and the manager was reluctant to help me out, but he did finally take me to Workers-Comp. I had to quit because we moved to Utah.
Fast paced Fast Food
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 27, 2012
A typical day at work would include taking orders (either in drive through or in the front counter), taking money, making change, getting food out in a timely manner, and being as courteous and polite as possible. I learned that no matter what, your customers are ALWAYS right, and that will earn you repeat customers every time. I also learned free samples will usually increase sales of certain items. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude and ignorant customer,s while the most enjoyable part can also be dealing with the customers.
Pros
half priced lunch, smoke breaks, good management
Cons
pay rate
There Are Worse Fast Food Jobs
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 9, 2014
I was an overnight shift leader, and there is little to no room for advancement when you are overnights. It was a fun place to work, but the pay was naturally pretty bad, and the overnight hours take their toll on you.
Pros
positive culture, yummy food
Cons
schedule, pay, room for advancement
This company Sucks !
manager (Former Employee) –  1572November 26, 2013
I was a manager here for 4 years. i did everything the way they wanted it. All was fine, till the numbers for the overall company started to decline. Our area coach then told us to meet the numbers no matter what. I went into the hospital, was out of my store for a week, and food cost went to hell. They tried to tell me they were short over 7000 dollars of food. Funny i had a audit 3 weeks prior, HOW in the hell do you loose that much in 7 days. They fired me, oh yea- the a/c was fired the same week funny conincidence
Cons
work for liars
pleacent place to work
dba Quickstuff (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 9, 2015
cashiering, customer-service, checking in vendors, cleaning, stocking, helping with the order. I liked the people I worked with.
Pros
vacation pay
Cons
no set schedules