Jack Henry and Associates, Inc.

Jack Henry and Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast paced; High Volume phone calls
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 26, 2016
Great company. I was at the beginning of growth that jumped an average daily call log from 600 to 3000. The company grew faster than it could fill the positions needed to handle the new volume which made for a stressful work environment. Training was non existent when it came to new process' and system changes which pushed a high stress level in the building,
Pros
Great pay and insurance
Cons
High stress with little to no training.
Great job for work life balance.
SSR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 20, 2016
This job has provided me great opportunities as well as helped me grow. They value you as a person and provide a great atmosphere to be in.
Productive and Knowledgeable
Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Pulling the paper and the envelopes for the job I was working on. The hardest part sometimes was how heavy some of the paper was but I pressed my way through. I really enjoyed what I did and my co-workers.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXAugust 18, 2016
My job has a great environment to work in. I do a variety of tasks daily. Every day is different and challenging. The people I work with are loyal, sincere, hard working. I would say the toughest part of my job is the monthly forecast that has a short turnaround time. I am required to do multiple reports for 3 different regional directors and have them done within 2 days. Every month I manage to meet that deadline and still do my daily tasks.
Benefits
Cons
Too Corporate
Inside/Outside Sales Rep
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 11, 2016
Basically help our existing clients (banker) help their customers (business owner) when they were not eligible for a typical bank business loan. Management was fine.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Less time in the outside sales role
nothing nice to say
Data Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73108July 19, 2016
nothing nice to say and would not want to rate as it would not be considerate. some friends still work for this company and are in the process of looking for other work.
20/20 project
Programmer/Analyst in CIF 20/20 (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOJuly 18, 2016
I loved working here. They teach you everything you need to succeed there (they use two different languages unique to the AS400), using one of the best in-house training programs I have ever seen.
Pros
Cafeteria in the Monett office is great, culture is awesome
Cons
weekend and overnight on-call is mandatory, but doesn't haven frequently enough to be a big issue
Tech Support Representive
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 6, 2016
Job is nice however you may need to motivate yourself to move forward, it is a way too easy to become complacent in this environment.

The day-to-day is very routine and it is rare to stay later than your appointed shift. This is an ideal job for those with a family or those who need stability.
Pros
Catered lunches when issues arise with products
Cons
Career trajectory isn't clear
Very lovely
Server (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 4, 2016
I enjoyed working in this company so much! Very lovely atmosphere! So cool to work here! I'd recommend it!
know your worth
fraud analysis (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 30, 2016
although the company is overall a good company . there's no room for advancement. the pay you start at is where you will find yourself in 4 years. You are not valued!
Pros
work from home 1 day a week or full time
Cons
pay structure no advancement

Want to know more about Jack Henry and Associates, Inc.?

Ask a question
Great job, sometimes very stressful (TSR)
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 30, 2016
As a TSR, a typical day at work involved taking calls from banks and businesses to assist them with the payment processing software and the associated check scanning devices.

This in itself is not too complicated but there are a few key issues that can impede the ability to successfully help someone when they call, and the blame doesn't fall squarely on one entity:

1. Profitstars doesn't have a very large development group making the software, so updates tend to come along slowly, and when there are bugs (every single update they did had something that was broken), it would be quite some time until it was fixed. This could be very problematic if you found yourself in a situation where you really could not fix the caller's issue.

2. System requirements for the software are communicated, but before, and during a large portion of my time there, we were asked to be too lax about these things. This came full circle and created some real issues when Microsoft no longer supported Windows XP (which way too many customers of this company use), or when we were asked to no longer support customers using Windows virtually on their Macs as the software didn't work well with that, wasn't ever supported for it, but for a long time we had to at least assist for some reason. When it came time to enforce that we wouldn't work with XP, wouldn't assist with Parallels, etc, this obviously created a lot of problems for customers who were used to otherwise. In short, the enforcement of system requirements should have been strict from the start.

3. Do to the sometimes wishy-washy nature
  more... of enforcing requirements, etc, this created a customer culture of expecting their problem to be solved, no matter the situation, down to outright lying (IE: "I have Windows 7/8" - when they were on XP, or a Mac) which would greatly confuse the troubleshooting process, lead to angry calls, and bad reviews against you.

4. Far too often, suggestions from the support team would go unheeded by the company, many suggestions were very good as we were all working together to help streamline things to provide a better service to customers and a better environment for us to work in. Instead, we were often swamped with an overblown queue of calls, people angry about having to wait forever to talk to a rep, and problems we could not solve once we were talking to someone.

5. When things get overloaded on account of the listed problems above, it's not uncommon for lunches to be cut in half or mandated to be taken at your desk, and breaks become no-existent...which is a shame because when it gets really rough like that, being able to step away for a breather is more helpful than some might realize.

Aside from the above issues, the work environment is actually not bad when things are going smoothly, it's easy to get along with everyone you work with and when we weren't battered down with technical issues and flooded with calls, it was a fun atmosphere and I very much liked my co-workers. The stress of the problems however took it's toll on me, they became far too frequent when things just weren't working right and after putting a few years in, I had no choice but to step out, regrettably so because the good points were great and I do miss the people I worked with. The technical hurdles with assisting customers, however, just became too much to deal with day in and out and they continued to snowball. I hope things have improved for those who are still there.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, and peer to peer work environment was great.
Cons
The overall structure has problems, chief being that suggestions from the "front line" are discarded, and the company makes odd choices on what software and operating systems it will, or will not, support making the usage frustrating for customers, and difficult for TSR's to troubleshoot.
Interesting Place to work
Financial Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJMay 23, 2016
Jack Henry & Associates is a interesting place to work, it is mostly evening hours dealing with processing. There are times when you might get out really late. They do try and have actives for the employees to do.
Pros
Benefits are great with the 401k
Cons
Short staff
bad organization
Statement preparer (Current Employee) –  NJMay 20, 2016
Has bad organization, the co-workers do what they want. the hardest part of the job is the distribution of the works. I learn inserter, and Statement prepare.
Great Company
Network Engineer Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 16, 2016
The company is wonderful, they have the mentality that once you interview at JHA you will never have to interview again. They want you to stay your whole "career life"
Jack Henry & Associates Review
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2016
Call center, tracked and monitored on a daily/hourly basis. Management is friendly but the culture is very individualized. Not much opportunity to know your coworkers because everyone is on different schedules.
Pros
Work from Home.
Cons
Short Breaks, Poor Compensation, Micromanaged.
Fun Profesional Work Place
Implementation Manger (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 3, 2016
Jack Henry & Associates is a great company with a flexible work life balance and a great customer service reputation. Jack Henry is a large company with multiple organizations within it. It takes some time to learn all the product integration points and various processes within all the departments.
Pros
Worklife balance
Nice place to work
QA Analyst - Advanced (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 19, 2016
Flexible hours, having the ability to work from home when needed. Like the people I worked with, and was equally liked. Like the systems I worked on.
Pros
Good hours and benefits
Cons
Commute and no advancement
Great Job, Great Management
Senior Marketing and Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 13, 2016
Jack Henry is a great place to work and has an excellent culture. People work hard, Management is great, Work/Life balance is respected.
Productive and nice place to work
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  CharMarch 18, 2016
I work with a nice and helpful group of team mate. However, the work environment was very hostal pertaining to working with the sales team.
Good Environment and good people
IMPLEMENATION COORDINATOR, ADVANCED (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXMarch 6, 2016
Good place to grow your career and meet new people. Environment is positive. Needs upper management structuring. Over all 4 out 5 place to work
Pros
401k matching
Cons
Do more with less

Jack Henry and Associates, Inc. Reviews by Location