Jack Henry and Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

A good place to work to get your careen started, but not many promotions from within and not a lot of career path options.
Senior Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 10, 2017
Not much room for advancement within the Marketing department at Jack Henry and Associates, unfortunately. This company tends to look to new hires to fill available positions instead of promoting from within.
Great Work Place
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOMarch 23, 2017
Casual Office environment, tons of opportunity to grow. I had a great mentor there. He made me confident in my own ability to program. I did end up taking on data conversion and technical writing before I was let go.
Pros
See Above
Cons
Nothing - I messed up
Amazing working environment
Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 9, 2017
Not a bad thing to say about this company and the amazing work provided to banks and credit unions across the country. The work/life balance is one in a million.
Good place to work if you are friends with management
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Monett, MOJanuary 31, 2017
The actual workers are friendly and knowledgeable, but management is very off-hands. Supervisors follow you around, micro-mange, and make you miserable if you don't kiss up to them or know them before their promotion.
Pros
Decent benefits and PTO
Cons
Terrible salary and raises, no upwards movement
Productive, fun place to work.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 29, 2017
Great work life balance, workplace culture is fun and flexible. Lots of fun activities in addition to hard work. Nice work environment.
Stressful good luck
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 26, 2017
If you can deal with alot of verbal abuse from the customers and unprofessional management team this might be the job for you if you're desperate in need of employment.
Pros
Frequent potlucks, benefits
Cons
dont get paid enough for the multiple task your required to do, verbal abuse, mentally draining, unprofessional, feeling unappreciated as a employee, harassment.
Productive and fun enviorment with amazing workers.
Statement Contractor (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJanuary 25, 2017
Jack Henry and Associate's, Inc is filled with workers who treat each other like family. People here have nicknames they gave each other, and everyone is extremely kind. Plus the management is super umderstanding.
Pros
Free lunches once every month.
Cons
12 hour shifts for 4-5 days every month.
Great place to work with great benefits
Asset Protection Administrator I (Current Employee) –  Monett, MOJanuary 1, 2017
I love working for JHA, the benefits and the workplace are ideal for raising a family but still being successful. Jack Henry really takes care of their employees
Pros
Great pay and great opportunity for advancement
Cons
you have to know someone to get hired
Ok, if you are into corporate work
Systems / Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 17, 2016
It's a decent place to work, after you work there long enough to accumulate some political power. I'd estimate about 1/3rd of the employees, including management, have no idea what they are doing. People get fired for small things, major issues tend to go unchecked. Things are done for the benefit of shareholders. The benefits are first rate. The pace of work was slower than other places. I wouldn't discourage anyone from working here, just be aware of the 'underculture' that exists, which is counter to the companies image. You can go good here, but you could probably do better at a private company.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Highly political
Fast paced call center
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYDecember 13, 2016
Very fast paced environment; dealing with upset customers often. Great benefits and they are good with helping your work life balance.
Pros
Great work life balance
Work life Balance
Software Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXDecember 10, 2016
They have work life balance right, but getting promoted and advancing is tricky and political. The benefits started out fantastic, but have been getting less and less over the past 10 years.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Advancement and slipping benefits
Hard to fit in
Other (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXDecember 4, 2016
Can be a fun environment or a stressful one, depending on who your manager is. Cubicles, lack of training and the culture of the employees/company can make it difficult or easy for new comers to settle in.
okay place to work for
Operations Supervisor, Item Processing Operations (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJNovember 27, 2016
Lack of strategy meant constant churn and reorganization; leaders did not get to know their people and managed talent without knowledge and insight; despite warm, fuzzy brand image, TD is all about cost cutting and reducing head count regardless of the impact upon people; classic case of not living the values
Pros
good benefits
Good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 14, 2016
Good benefits! It can get frustrating because of lack of training but your co-workers are always ready to help. Come ready, you will be taking a lot of phone calls.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Micromanagment
My daily report
Technical Support/Account Management (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXOctober 24, 2016
The best part of my job are the people I work with. Every day is a new challenge and new goals to achieve. The best parts of my job is the daily challenges and always growing and learning something new. I love the process of starting a project and seeing it to completion.
Pros
Many pros from the freedom to work and do my job with little over sight
Cons
Lack of actual contact and communications with co workers
Stayed stagnant for 4 years
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2016
Was "guaranteed" a full time position when the budget allowed and pushed out after 4 years of contract work by management. Great coworkers.
Outstanding culture!
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOOctober 11, 2016
JHA's culture is outstanding!

During my tenure I was constantly learning and growing within the company. Learning a new subject will keep your mind craving for more.
Pros
Working at the home office
Cons
Some managers need additional skills to become a great leader.
Great Place to Work.
Applications Trainer. (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOSeptember 28, 2016
Jack Henry was a great place to work. Had a lot of adventure with traveling to different cities. Learned different applications on the computer, and with data entry. People that I worked with were informational and willing to share information.

Working to resolve issues within the system was the hardest part of the position.

Most enjoyable part of the job was traveling and meeting people from different parts of the United States.
Pros
Travel, Learn new applications on the computer
Cons
Long hours and weeks away from home.
Fast paced; High Volume phone calls
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 26, 2016
Great company. I was at the beginning of growth that jumped an average daily call log from 600 to 3000. The company grew faster than it could fill the positions needed to handle the new volume which made for a stressful work environment. Training was non existent when it came to new process' and system changes which pushed a high stress level in the building,
Pros
Great pay and insurance
Cons
High stress with little to no training.
Great job for work life balance.
SSR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 20, 2016
This job has provided me great opportunities as well as helped me grow. They value you as a person and provide a great atmosphere to be in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jack Henry and Associates, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval