Jack Henry Employee Reviews in United States

Life as a Loan Analyst
Loan Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Monett, MOSeptember 28, 2015
-Fast paced when on the road
-High grade of multitasking
-Constant travel (over 50%)
-Large amount of analytic loan review
-Meet new people every day from all over the country
-Work with bankers from every application
-Extensive amount of reading through files and programmatic code
-Learn several different banking softwares
-Present banking demos showing Jack Henry Software
-See several cities all over the United States
-Laid back atmosphere in home office
-Friendly people
-Self-made schedule (work from home at times)
-No micromanaging
-Work with a conversion team
Pros
Self-made schedules and free travel (private jet)
Cons
Gone from home at least 2 weeks a month
If I could go without giving them stars I would
CSR (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 19, 2015
I worked for this company almost 7 months under the I-pay department. Our managers were all the way in Kentucky and We didnt have a sane person to go to for our problems. Its extremely unprofessional and they give out beers and wine at meetings and make you leave after you drink. They feed you a bunch of things about how its an excellent company to work for because of the chance of getting moved up... which is a load of . I left after a slure of drama that management let go on... but then of course they acted like there wasn't anyting going on to upper management. The pay scale is horrible ... My co-worker that worked at Bojangles and lied on her resume was making more than me and another more qualified rep. They send out picky emails and if you work for Ipay and you're located in Charlotte... it is literally a gossip center do not do it.. you might as well work at Iqor or Connextions
Pros
free cake for birthday months
Cons
management, pay, gossip, hostile work enviorment
Great Company
Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Monett, MOFebruary 5, 2016
Overall Jack Henry is a wonderful company to work for. They expect a lot out of their employees, but they also have a lot of fun along the way.
great place to work. Benefits, 401K and vacation
Payment Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYNovember 19, 2015
Good people to work for and work with. Opportunity for growth and experience. Paid holidays and vacation.Provide lots of fun activities throughout the year.
As whole Jack Henry is a great place to work and gain a lot of experience.
Vertex Hardware Technical Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 25, 2015
As whole Jack Henry is a great place to work and gain a lot of experience. A typical day consist of me working queue tickets with a wide range questions and issues. My co-worker are enjoyable and fun to work with. The on-call portion of the job is difficult thing to work with at times.
Not enough personnel to carry the work load.
Computer Operator II (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJuly 22, 2015
They frown upon overtime, but don't give you enough co-workers to get the work done. In my department we were so busy that you couldn't take a break (you're suppose to get two). They also don't pay differential to shift workers. You can't enjoy your lunch, because if you take the whole hour, then you're just punished with overwhelming work loads when you get back.
Pros
Can bring laptop home.
Cons
Over worked and under paid.
Integrity and Doing the Right thing while having fun
Loan Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Monett, MOOctober 1, 2015
They keep the work environment fun, while meeting the needs and expectations of their customers and employees. They provide opportunities for career advancement and offer great benefits.
typical large corporation
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  monett, moJuly 2, 2015
JHA is a healthy publicly traded company with a focus on excellent customer service.
Excellent benefits. People with a certain personality makeup do thrive here.
That said there is a culture of management bullying, politics, and blamestorming.
Be prepared to cover your backside (and your boss' backside) to defend against attacks when other departments or levels of management are looking to place blame. Every time there's a problem your first task should be to make a mental list of who you can deflect blame to should it come toward you.
If you can deal with that culture, Welcome. Otherwise I would look somewhere else.
Needs New Management
Item Processor II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 6, 2015
The company would run a lot smoother, and efficient if the management was replaced. Understaffed. Workload to much for the employees to handle. Home Life and Work Balance is way off, because Jack Henry requires all of your time. Not a family oriented business at all.
Two Thumbs Up
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNNovember 17, 2015
A great place to work. A relaxed work environment in Brentwood, TN. Lots of great, down-to-earth people. Easy to be happy here.
Strong company, but lacks leadership
Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 25, 2015
Working at this company had been a dream of mine for a while, but reality set in when I got the job.

JHA is a strong company, but it lacks leadership...and this really shows. Also, the company is very segmented. Different areas rarely communicate with each other, even if they sit only an isle over.

There were good things...like work/life balance and the benefits, but the company culture kind of ruined everything else.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, benefits
Cons
Company Culture, leadership
Hostile work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 29, 2015
You would think that working for a company nominated for "Best Place to work" would have a little more emphasizes on not allowing employees
(who makes threats to another employee) still come back to their job like nothing happened.
good benefits, bad pay, large workload
Analyst (Current Employee) –  hoover, alAugust 7, 2015
Good place to work if you like to be under payed. Good benefits but they pay below average. Managers have no clue what is really going on or the day-to-day duties that everyone performs.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
pay, managers have no clue.
Great Company but stressful job
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  AlabamaAugust 19, 2015
Great company and good people but the job is extremely challenging and stressful on a daily basis. Benefits are awesome..
Pros
Good benefits and good people
Cons
Stressful
Risky Business
Fraud Prevention Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2015
I enjoy working in Risk Management because it allows me to speak with different people & different types of attitudes each call, it allows me to soothe & calm customers. it allows me to help customers, talk with customers find out where they are from & some customers talks about their family or vacations which be enjoyable to hear. The hardest part of the job is when there are not enough phone coverage on the phones & then the calls be overwhelming, The coworkers I work with are very helpful. Management is wonderful, if you have an issue or problem with something they are always there to try assist & solve the issue or problem.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short lunches
Lousy place and people who do not know what they are doing
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 20, 2015
I joined here as a Software developer and was assigned to a backoffice product developed using Razor, JQuery, MVC and SQL server. There is no documentation about anything anwyare, I should have known since the entire team was new and all previous people who had worked on the product had left. Always ask the question to any employer to talk with someone who is at your level in the team that has lasted for over a year.
The person I worked with was paranoid about the fact that I had implemented solutions to issues that this person did not know anything about. (He must have tried to fix it without any resolution).
Pros
Poor good people are stuck in a nightmare, biding time seeing if they can find something better
Cons
Management is non technical and and absolutely naive about what needs to be done.
Company Culture
QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST, ADVANCED (Current Employee) –  Monett, MOAugust 5, 2015
"Do The Right Thing", "Do Whatever It Takes", "Have Fun" sums it up. Outstanding benefits package and leadership. Competitive wages and voted top 100 companies to work.
Benefits
Great Place To Work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 27, 2015
With this company you can perform you job and take care of your family. I am able to come in get my job done with out taking the stress of work home. My co-workers are friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is all the changes. However, I welcome them with eagerness. This is what keeps a job interesting.
Still cares about employees
Systems Administrator, Adv (Current Employee) –  Monett, MoAugust 24, 2015
One of the VERY few public companies that still care about their employees. They would temporality cut pay than lay anyone off.
Easy-going environment.
Data Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 19, 2015
Excellent place to work. Free online training on latest technologies. Clean and air-conditioned offices. Old-fashioned cubicles in certain areas and agile kinda environment (with low-wall cubicles) in some places.
Pros
Casual attire everyday.