Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Not a place you would want to stay forever
Dietary Aide/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJuly 27, 2016
I loved what I did when it came to making sure the patients got what they ask for.. The job was easy but the staff and management made it hard for you.. Always short staff no help when they know you good at what you do they didn't offer for you no help... The kitchen staff and manger is messy they talk about people more than they talk about what work need to be done and how we can make things better.. Scores was always low because lack of management and team...Nothing is confidential whatever you're going thru you can't talk to management because when you do everybody in the kitchen going to know about it.. They will smile in your face and try to get you fired behind your back..
Pros
Free food and Earn Time Off and great benefits
Cons
If you was to work here let it be a stepping stone because you will never succeed in there eyes, It's a private own hospital and they don't care about you, And the kitchen can't never keep no one to safe there life's, It went down hill, and it's sad that they took the joy out of what I loved doing.
Productive and fun workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALApril 30, 2016
Love this hospital! I have enjoyed working here and will be restarting a PRN job and can't wait! Great people and a great place to work.
A great balance of personalities
Registered Nurse - Orthopedics (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALNovember 17, 2015
I met a very diverse group of patients and co-workers. The commitment to excellent patient care is second to none. It is a remarkable hospital with amazing staff.
Cons
It is only orthopedics.
Great Company
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, AlabamaMay 26, 2015
A typical work day is registering ER patients to be seen by physician and answering phones. I have learned how to use Medhost system and providing excellent customer care. The managers are very nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the demand when the ER is busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients.
Pros
Cafeteria available
Cons
No breaks when working alone.
Lead by dictators with an oblivious CEO
RN (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALApril 18, 2015
Believe the bad reviews. Cover ups and dictator style leadership. Physician owned, physician led, poor to moderate care
Great hospital
Acute Care Internship (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALApril 13, 2015
Acute Care Internship
• Examined, evaluated, provided physical therapy diagnosis, prognosis developed and delivered plan of care for the patient population and discharge.
• Diagnosis seen: TKA,THA, hip ORIF, ankle ORIF, TSA, RCR, CHF,CVA
• In-service: “Commonly Prescribed Medications Encountered by Physical Therapists” Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital, Phenix City, AL Presenter
Excellent Benefits. Our department was made up of excellent coworkers
Medicare Biller/Patient Accounts (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALMarch 24, 2015
The billing department consisted of knowledgeable and dedicated employees. We billed and submitted our claims in the morning. The remainder of the was devoted to making sure our claims were being processed correctly and resulted in timely payments. I would have to say the hardest part of my job was keeping up with Medicare changes and guidelines. The most gratifying was when all the work finally resulted in payments
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
There was a large turnover in supervisors and directors
Productive and skillful organization
Registered Nurse Orthopedic/Med surge floor (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALNovember 7, 2014
its a very busy face pace atmosphere, but i love every minute of it, my coworkers are amazing and very intelligent, i love different things everyday,
Pros
everyday is a learning experience
Cons
short breaks, not enough time in the day for holistic care
Steady, Fast-paced and Fun
Dietary Aide/Cold Prep/Cook/Baker (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALSeptember 6, 2014
My day usually consist of multiple jobs occasionally, do to lack of staff, which is no problem. But my everyday work day is steady and goes by fast. I always find different things to do to keep myself busy. Working in a hospital is pretty cool, lots of different faces and lots of staff from different departments that we serve on as daily basis. I enjoy seeing customers enjoying my preparations and the compliments that come with it. I always get different request that I am capable of doing and I love giving customers what that have in mind to have for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I love to see people happy. Its the small things that count. I have obtained a lot of information working with this company as for as how to complete things on a timely basis, how to better my craft as far as presentation, and learning how and what to prepare more and less based on what customers enjoy. I work well with my fellow co- workers, we always get the job done by working as a team daily, no matter what it is that needs to get done. To be honest there is no hard parts about my occupation, after being there as long as i have been, it only has only become easier, its like the back of my hand, no problems.
Absolutely horrible, hostile work environment
Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALSeptember 4, 2014
This is a hospital that is owned and ruled by the physicians. Do not think that it is not. In the case of Utilization Management, if a physician decides that a total hip will be done as an outpatient, it will be. Do not decide to speak with him or you may lose your job. The physician rules. Even though this would be both a UR and a risk management nightmare. All I can say is applicant beware. If you report to the COO, she will not meet with you one-on-one. I do not know why, she just doesn't. She also will not return e-mails in a timely manner. She is non-responsive and is not supportive. The QI Director, is a parrot of the COO. She has little experience in UR or risk, no experience in workers comp or OSHA, so the learning curve for her is great. There is little opportunity for educational growth as there is no money available. The rest of the management is done in cliques. If you are not a member, then it is high school all over. There is little done for the staff and morale because no one cares. So if you can work in this environment, go for it.
Cons
cliques, physician ownership
Great company
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALAugust 28, 2014
Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital is an awesome company to work for. Every day was a day full of hard work but surrounded by great people. The other employees were very nice and helpful and the patients were the best. I enjoyed serving the patients and hearing their stories daily. It was a great experience.
Excellent Place To Work
DMM (Current Employee) –  Phenix CityJuly 31, 2014
I have truly enjoyed my time at "the Jack". Good people, good, mission, and a good outlook.
Great place towork.
PHLEBOTOMY INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 27, 2014
Very professional environment engulfed with caring workers.
Pros
great supervisors
Cons
cafeteria food not that great.
Productive, fast paced, fun.
Nurse Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALMarch 17, 2014
Very comfortable work environment. The staff are very friendly and welcoming.
Everyday was different. I trained as a NST, worked with Physical Therapists, Phlebotomists, ER Nurses, Doctors, etc.
The hardest part of the job was probably saying goodbye to my patients. Some patients would be there for several weeks at a time. These are people I took care of on a daily basis, spending no less than 12 hours a day with.
But that was also the most enjoyable part of the job. I developed relationships with co workers and patients that I still keep in touch with to this day even though I no longer work at the hospital.
30 minute lunch breaks were a downside to the job. You barely had enough time to get down to the cafeteria to get food, eat it, then make it back to the floor you worked on.
As an NST, I would take care of 12-18 patients a day on my own. That could sometimes be a bit overwhelming, but ultimately, I loved my job and because of my experience there, I am now going to school to get my RN,
Fast Paced Exciting Orthopaetic Hospital
CFO (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALMarch 17, 2014
Excellent hospital with a great management team located right across the border in Phenix City, Alabama. Jack Hughston is owned and operated by physicians. Work environment could be improved but overall an excellent place to work.
Pros
hospital
Cons
icd10
Helping Others
Environmental ServiceTechnician (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALDecember 17, 2013
Enjoyed helping patients; always understanding the need to get work done in timely manner; learned more about the importance of environmental health procedures.
Nice facility with good coworkers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALDecember 10, 2013
I enjoyed providing patient care at this hospital. It is a physician-owned hospital so they called RN's off a lot. I had good coworkers here. Management can be a little overbearing at times.
Loved working in a clean hospital
Human Resources Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALMay 1, 2013
I was in Human Resources and loved working with the employees
Fast paced environment yielding invaluable customer service experience
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, AlabamaApril 8, 2013
This was a good experience for growth. It was great working with patients and hospital staff.
Pros
good hours and flexibility
Cons
little room for advancement
Good place to work. Benefits were not good, however.
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALMarch 13, 2013
Nice place to work. Premiere orthopedic hospital with good reputation for successful results.

Professional employees who conducted themselves properly.
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital Reviews by Job Title