Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

What I learned
Patient Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJune 20, 2017
It's a nice place to work. There is good people that work there. I have worked there for a while now and I have learned a lot. They are all about encouraging people and growth. But not so forgiving when people fail.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Short, breaks.
Nursing Station Technician (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJune 7, 2017
Working at Jack Hughston provided me with a feeling of giving back. You get the opportunity to help in the healing process of the patients. You help motive, encourage, and show compassion to someone in need
Love it here very small not to big perfect
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALApril 22, 2017
I just started here and this job is a lot closer to home and picking up my girls from school really good benefits and the customer and patients and workers are so friendly here yes I would recommend this job to my friends
I enjoyed my job as a phlebotomist, and I absolutely loved my patients. While I enjoyed my work, there were also some unpleasant experiences.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALDecember 29, 2016
While I enjoyed my job, as well as my patients and some of my coworkers, there was a lack of understanding. Some people were very cold and uncaring.
Pros
I had great insurance, and enjoyed my job
Cons
Lack of empathy, understanding
Hard working staff, great management, friendly atmosphere
Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital Employee (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALDecember 23, 2016
I have never been employed somewhere that tries to do so much for their employees. At Jack Hughston, the management and administration teams seem to try very hard to make it a joyful environment by having several employee events throughout the year to build employee morale. We have the Employee Appreciation day, Hospital week, Christmas parties, Thanksgiving lunch, Christmas lunch, Benefits Fair, and several other events where we can win or are given prizes. The management team even sang and had a dance performance for us this year, and it was great! They expect us to work hard in our positions and be courteous to others and in return we have all these different events throughout the year. Jack Hughston has been a great place for me to work. My past jobs can not even compare to the friendly and fun environment provided at the Jack. Hard work pays off at Jack Hughston!
Pros
Benefits, events, staff, management
Paid the bills
Operating Room Manager (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALDecember 17, 2016
Jack hughston memorial hospital was an ok place to work. Physician owned hospital managed by unqualified staff. The working staff are wonderful and hard working people.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Decent place to work
Outpatient Coder (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALNovember 27, 2016
Decent place to work. Flexible work hours. Friendly coworkers. Communication could be better, continued training and education is needed but overall decent place to work.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Short breaks
Not a place you would want to stay forever
Dietary Aide/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJuly 27, 2016
I loved what I did when it came to making sure the patients got what they ask for.. The job was easy but the staff and management made it hard for you.. Always short staff no help when they know you good at what you do they didn't offer for you no help... The kitchen staff and manger is messy they talk about people more than they talk about what work need to be done and how we can make things better.. Scores was always low because lack of management and team...Nothing is confidential whatever you're going thru you can't talk to management because when you do everybody in the kitchen going to know about it.. They will smile in your face and try to get you fired behind your back..
Pros
Free food and Earn Time Off and great benefits
Cons
If you was to work here let it be a stepping stone because you will never succeed in there eyes, It's a private own hospital and they don't care about you, And the kitchen can't never keep no one to safe there life's, It went down hill, and it's sad that they took the joy out of what I loved doing.
Productive and fun workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALApril 30, 2016
Love this hospital! I have enjoyed working here and will be restarting a PRN job and can't wait! Great people and a great place to work.
A great balance of personalities
Registered Nurse - Orthopedics (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALNovember 17, 2015
I met a very diverse group of patients and co-workers. The commitment to excellent patient care is second to none. It is a remarkable hospital with amazing staff.
Cons
It is only orthopedics.
Getting to meet new people.
Dietary Aide Food Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJuly 7, 2015
My typical day is clocking in, making sure my menu is in order, making sure each patient gets the right food and nutrition.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No leadership
Great Company
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, AlabamaMay 26, 2015
A typical work day is registering ER patients to be seen by physician and answering phones. I have learned how to use Medhost system and providing excellent customer care. The managers are very nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the demand when the ER is busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients.
Pros
Cafeteria available
Cons
No breaks when working alone.
Lead by dictators with an oblivious CEO
RN (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALApril 18, 2015
Believe the bad reviews. Cover ups and dictator style leadership. Physician owned, physician led, poor to moderate care
Great hospital
Acute Care Internship (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALApril 13, 2015
Acute Care Internship
• Examined, evaluated, provided physical therapy diagnosis, prognosis developed and delivered plan of care for the patient population and discharge.
• Diagnosis seen: TKA,THA, hip ORIF, ankle ORIF, TSA, RCR, CHF,CVA
• In-service: “Commonly Prescribed Medications Encountered by Physical Therapists” Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital, Phenix City, AL Presenter
Excellent Benefits. Our department was made up of excellent coworkers
Medicare Biller/Patient Accounts (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALMarch 24, 2015
The billing department consisted of knowledgeable and dedicated employees. We billed and submitted our claims in the morning. The remainder of the was devoted to making sure our claims were being processed correctly and resulted in timely payments. I would have to say the hardest part of my job was keeping up with Medicare changes and guidelines. The most gratifying was when all the work finally resulted in payments
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
There was a large turnover in supervisors and directors
Productive and skillful organization
Registered Nurse Orthopedic/Med surge floor (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALNovember 7, 2014
its a very busy face pace atmosphere, but i love every minute of it, my coworkers are amazing and very intelligent, i love different things everyday,
Pros
everyday is a learning experience
Cons
short breaks, not enough time in the day for holistic care
Steady, Fast-paced and Fun
Dietary Aide/Cold Prep/Cook/Baker (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALSeptember 6, 2014
My day usually consist of multiple jobs occasionally, do to lack of staff, which is no problem. But my everyday work day is steady and goes by fast. I always find different things to do to keep myself busy. Working in a hospital is pretty cool, lots of different faces and lots of staff from different departments that we serve on as daily basis. I enjoy seeing customers enjoying my preparations and the compliments that come with it. I always get different request that I am capable of doing and I love giving customers what that have in mind to have for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I love to see people happy. Its the small things that count. I have obtained a lot of information working with this company as for as how to complete things on a timely basis, how to better my craft as far as presentation, and learning how and what to prepare more and less based on what customers enjoy. I work well with my fellow co- workers, we always get the job done by working as a team daily, no matter what it is that needs to get done. To be honest there is no hard parts about my occupation, after being there as long as i have been, it only has only become easier, its like the back of my hand, no problems.
Absolutely horrible, hostile work environment
Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALSeptember 4, 2014
This is a hospital that is owned and ruled by the physicians. Do not think that it is not. In the case of Utilization Management, if a physician decides that a total hip will be done as an outpatient, it will be. Do not decide to speak with him or you may lose your job. The physician rules. Even though this would be both a UR and a risk management nightmare. All I can say is applicant beware. If you report to the COO, she will not meet with you one-on-one. I do not know why, she just doesn't. She also will not return e-mails in a timely manner. She is non-responsive and is not supportive. The QI Director, is a parrot of the COO. She has little experience in UR or risk, no experience in workers comp or OSHA, so the learning curve for her is great. There is little opportunity for educational growth as there is no money available. The rest of the management is done in cliques. If you are not a member, then it is high school all over. There is little done for the staff and morale because no one cares. So if you can work in this environment, go for it.
Pros
Cons
Cliques, Physician ownership
Great company
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALAugust 28, 2014
Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital is an awesome company to work for. Every day was a day full of hard work but surrounded by great people. The other employees were very nice and helpful and the patients were the best. I enjoyed serving the patients and hearing their stories daily. It was a great experience.
Excellent Place To Work
DMM (Current Employee) –  Phenix CityJuly 31, 2014
I have truly enjoyed my time at "the Jack". Good people, good, mission, and a good outlook.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location