Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital

Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

Excellent Place To Work
DMM (Current Employee), Phenix CityJuly 31, 2014
I have truly enjoyed my time at "the Jack". Good people, good, mission, and a good outlook.
Great place towork.
PHLEBOTOMY INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMay 27, 2014
Pros: great supervisors
Cons: cafeteria food not that great.
Very professional environment engulfed with caring workers.
Productive, fast paced, fun.
Nurse Support Tech (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALMarch 17, 2014
Very comfortable work environment. The staff are very friendly and welcoming.
Everyday was different. I trained as a NST, worked with Physical Therapists, Phlebotomists, ER Nurses, Doctors, etc.
The hardest part of the job was probably saying goodbye to my patients. Some patients would be there for several weeks at a time. These are people I took care – more... of on a daily basis, spending no less than 12 hours a day with.
But that was also the most enjoyable part of the job. I developed relationships with co workers and patients that I still keep in touch with to this day even though I no longer work at the hospital.
30 minute lunch breaks were a downside to the job. You barely had enough time to get down to the cafeteria to get food, eat it, then make it back to the floor you worked on.
As an NST, I would take care of 12-18 patients a day on my own. That could sometimes be a bit overwhelming, but ultimately, I loved my job and because of my experience there, I am now going to school to get my RN, – less
Fast Paced Exciting Orthopaetic Hospital
CFO (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALMarch 17, 2014
Pros: hospital
Cons: icd10
Excellent hospital with a great management team located right across the border in Phenix City, Alabama. Jack Hughston is owned and operated by physicians. Work environment could be improved but overall an excellent place to work.
Helping Others
Environmental ServiceTechnician (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALDecember 17, 2013
Enjoyed helping patients; always understanding the need to get work done in timely manner; learned more about the importance of environmental health procedures.
Nice facility with good coworkers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALDecember 10, 2013
I enjoyed providing patient care at this hospital. It is a physician-owned hospital so they called RN's off a lot. I had good coworkers here. Management can be a little overbearing at times.
Loved working in a clean hospital
Human Resources Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALMay 1, 2013
I was in Human Resources and loved working with the employees
Fast paced environment yielding invaluable customer service experience
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Phenix City, AlabamaApril 8, 2013
Pros: good hours and flexibility
Cons: little room for advancement
This was a good experience for growth. It was great working with patients and hospital staff.
Good place to work. Benefits were not good, however.
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALMarch 13, 2013
Pros: good cafeteria
Cons: short breaks
Nice place to work. Premiere orthopedic hospital with good reputation for successful results.

Professional employees who conducted themselves properly.

July 15, 2013

No one knows what they are doing, poor culture and not good benefits. They believe in rattling and no follow through.

Great Staff
Sonographer/PRN (Current Employee), Phenix City, ALJanuary 24, 2013
All of the employees at Jack Hughston are very cooperative and seem to want to help one another.
gh Stress, High pressure environment with no support from supervisor.
Case Manager/Discharge Planner (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: good salary level and good benefits.
Cons: short lunch break, long hours, high pressure, very critical direct supervisor
Arrive 6:30-7:00 a.m. to 7:00- 10:00 p.m.
No formal training plan or guidelines.
No reference for each doctor's routine orders
Responsible for discharge 20-40 discharges per day, verifying DME. PT, wound care and scheduling next office visit. Faxing records as indicated.

Responsible to admit 20-40 patients per day Obtain preferences for PT, Home Health/Rehab. – more... Determine aftercare available in patients area of residence, that take patient's insurance
Management was not supportive was told on my first day and frequently after that an admin could do the job much cheaper. CFO was direct supervisor.

Enjoyed contact with patients and families and helping them obtain their needs for rehab to return to their previous level or as close to this as possible.

My son was hospitalized at another hospital with had 108 degree temp and was placed in ICU due to unsuccessful in decreasing temp. I notified management the night before that I would not be at work the next day and explained the reason. The temperature decreased to 102 the next afternoon. I returned to work the next day and was criticized by direct supervisor that my son was an adult now and I was not needed at the hospital. – less
Hostile and Volatile
RN (Former Employee), NursingNovember 9, 2012
Pros: food, clean
Cons: high staff turn over
JHMH is a very clean and new hospital. However, staff turnover is extremely high. Physician owned and operated making it a volatile work atmosphere for nursing.
Educational
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Phenix City, ALNovember 8, 2012
Pros: great lunch
Very enlightening to attend internship every morning. start with the QC and learning new things everyday.
Lab at the "jack"
Phlebotomist. (Former Employee), LABSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: work load. no weekends. great benefits. awesome staff.
Cons: compensation.
Jack Houston is a Great place to work! The lab staff is awesome. I was employed to the lab as an evening phlebotomist. The lab director, she is very nice and AWESOME! The pay from jack houston is not what you would expect, but in all honesty the work load is not large, not many sticks at all. So you are compensated "ok". HR dept is outstanding, always – more... there to help, actually know you by name not an employee number. GREAT COMPANY. – less
enjoyed working here
Operating Room Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALAugust 7, 2012
Pros: incentives
Cons: need longer lunch breaks
a typical day at work is preparing the operating room for surgery.
strong management team
the co- workers are team players
It was a very educational and enjoyable Environment
phlebotomist trainee (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALApril 11, 2012
The environment was very relaxed, yet proffessinal. It was also very educational, and co-workers were very kind and helpful.
not a great place to work
dietary aide (Former Employee), phenis city alFebruary 26, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no health care for prn workers, no advancement up the ladder
This place will tear u alive. There is no release person if an emergency permits and the lie all of the time