Jack Link's Beef Jerky Employee Reviews

its alright place
Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 23, 2017
Needs better management and to not be so given to others who are colored and needs to be more appractive the hard workers needs to actually hire people instead of have the others do more then what there getting paid to do and unsafe manners
Pros
bouns n lunches n empolyee appracite parties
Cons
underpaid bad commcation
Okay work environment
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Minong, WIApril 8, 2017
Working at Jack Link's was decent, but the pay was not enough for what you were doing and the management was not that great. Starting your day was by starting stretches and washing hands, then they would tell you where to go in the line. I learned teamwork. The hardest part of the job was the minimum amount of communication between workers and managers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the end of the shift when we finally got to go home.
Pros
Weekly pay, free merchandise
Cons
Short lunch breaks and management
Very fast paced, busy work environment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 11, 2017
Casual work environment, little to no work-life balance, work with great individuals & get to meet a lot of great people, learn multiple responsibilities & roles
Good pay long hours but highly stressful and demanding job
3rd shift sanitation (Former Employee) –  Minong, WIMarch 1, 2017
I liked it but it was physically demanding and stressful due to me having and working 12-14 hours and coming home and taking care of them was hard.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard job to do
Dying Company
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 24, 2017
Jack Link's is a fire sale. C-level management turns over every couple of years, the direction of what sales and marketing are supposed to do is inconsistent because it keeps changing so rapidly.

The once great culture has turned into every other corporate culture, worst current HR team I've ever dealt with, Troy is too busy on his Yacht in Mexico or Oceanside home in Florida to properly be the CEO of a company. Jack is a great guy and I feel for him that his company is slowly dying.
great place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Alpena, SDDecember 2, 2016
jack links is one of my most favorite jobs ever held. I loved the environment and also providing our country with something great to eat!. You have great opportunity for advancement just I as I did. I started as a regular line production worker and within 2 months advanced to Quality Control Tech.. Which I had to run my own crew gaining experience in supervisory. Benefits are the best and very affordable. You only work 4days and you get to choose your schedule. I would still be there but the travel everyday from where I stayed got overwhelming. But if I ever get closer thats a great place to cal home lol.. Great Job!!
Pros
company discounts, advancement, great pay and benefits fun environment
Cons
12 hrs shifts
Super fun company to work for
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 7, 2016
Family owned great products. One of my most favorite places to work. Great location mnpls. Community oriented.
They are growing very fast but not losing their family feel.
Pros
Great people great product
Cons
Was hard to drive down town for me personally
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  New Glarus, WIOctober 10, 2016
Decent pay and benefits. Worked weekends so had time with family. Lots of different things to learn an adapt to. Some favoritism in management..
Pros
Decent hours and overtime options
Cons
Not many..
Only good thing was Co workers
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNSeptember 15, 2016
Terrible pay, terrible benefits, even worse job. I was left alone for most of the night operating a warehouse alone. Later put on work improvement plan, which affected my ability to get an internal job while going to college, for not checking other people's work, paperwork issue (done by someone else) and not replying to an email during a busy night. The company is quick to hand out points (get a point for doing something wrong) and won't recognize or reward those who work hard. Lots of micro managing and you'll work hard. I usually had anywhere from 30 min- 1.5 hours overtime a day, which got old.
Pros
Free lunches once a month
Cons
Where do I begin
Good job to try and move up the ladder
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Glarus, WIJune 15, 2016
I really like it here. I has it ups and downs. With me not having any type of leadership roll before starting here, the management really helped me out. I've learned a lot in the short time of being in the leadership roll. One of the biggest things I learned was to delegate to my lead.

A typical day: Come in and see what our meat inventory is, check the schedule for any changes, go over the schedule with the formulation team. While in operation I would audit team members paper work, making sure everyone is working safe and following procedures. If an issue would come up there would be an investigation on the matter. From contamination issues to procedure issues. This is probably the hardest part of the job. This is when we would try and come up with new procedures that will help prevent some of these issues.

The one thing i really enjoyed about this job is that it's a different challenge almost every day. That is something i do best at is dealing with challenges.
Corporate management falsifies character, reputation, and conduct of employees resulting in termination
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 14, 2016
Pros
The benefits are mediocre at best. PTO could be better. The people are friendly and the environment is causal. You receive a free bag of jerky a day.

Cons
The team you are hired onto will greatly affect your success and happiness here. You can love your job, own your role, work hard, and build a great rapport with your co-workers. However, if your managers fail to see your success and credibility, despite your efforts, you will end up micro managed, harassed, belittled, overworked, stressed, and have no sense of job security. Efforts to show improvement, whether or not you actually needed it, goes no where. They take a very long time to hire and are quick to fire without investigating or second thought.

There needs to be some serious reconstruction to the current leadership in this company. Certain managers have way too much leverage over others and because of this, teams are mismanaged and some lose their jobs for unfair reasons. The employees who leave on their own terms don't leave the company, they leave their managers.
very nice break room and clean job site
Operations (Former Employee) –  Underwood, IAFebruary 18, 2016
Fill as many work orders in a 10 hr shift. I learned how to work in a confined work area with fork lifts everywhere . safety was a big issue there. I enjoyed my supervisor very much we started the same day. had great co-workers everybody got along well. hardest part of job was be safe like I said a lot of heavy lifts in a confined space. most enjoyable was all the free food and perks . they were very good to there employees
Pros
monthly appreciation days
Cons
work shift hours 4;00 pm to 2;30 a.m.
Very stable job, hard workers throughout the factory, managers cared about you.
Sanitation Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  New Glarus, WIJanuary 25, 2016
Enjoyed working for this company for the time I was there. They treated employees with the most utmost respect and dignity. Compensated well and gave employees awesome discounts within the company. The management there was loose but still maintained positive feedback and authoritatively constructed jobs throughout the factory.
Pros
discounts on items within the company, job security
Cons
hours were kind of tough to deal with, worked from 3pm till 4:30am.
typical day
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Underwood, IAOctober 23, 2015
alot of diffrent quotas and diffrent jobs as a production worker. very physical work, 10 hour days, incentive and regular wages
Pros
free employee lunch once a month
Cons
difficult supervisors, micro management, a lot of change in the DC since ive been there
steady work with fun people.
ware house attendent. (Current Employee) –  mankato, mnJuly 12, 2015
On a typical day I am responsible for meat deliveries where we temp the meat and receive it into inventory. then we receive in freight to the ware house where we verify the amount and log it into inventory before putting it the shelf. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep the packaging department stocked while trying to receive in freight. My co-workers are a big part of keeping the flow of productivity steady.
Pros
frequnt lunches and parties.
Cons
frequnt long hours.
Sasquatch fun
Retail Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Minong, WIMay 10, 2015
Jack Links was a great company to work for. The role i had was removed and contracted out to another company. We went out to service our vendors, ensure stock was in date and invoice.
*Unfair labor practices
HR Benefit Specialist/Payroll Backup/HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Minong, WIMarch 26, 2015
This employer let me go after 1 year of service because I had a medical issue. They denied my FMLA as I had a qualifying event happen as I was in the hospital overnight.

I also believe the real reason why I was let go was that I found illegal immigrants in their facility in New Glarus, Wisconsin. When I told them about it and that I needed help to clean it up I was repremanded and less that a week later I was let go. HUMMMM
"one team"
Plant Worker (Former Employee) –  Minong, WIFebruary 5, 2015
You show up, you work your butt off, you punch out and go home (a commute averaging at least ten minutes, depending on where you live.) General attitudes among coworkers are congenial, but interdepartmental relations can be rocky at times. The work can be physically demanding and the overall atmosphere can be stressful, morale often times low. There is a high turnover rate, often leaving a given crew with inexperienced and inconsistent workers. Working there is not for everyone unless you are passionate about beef jerky (...) or (more likely) really need a job. Fair benefits.
Pros
good benefits, decent people
Cons
no comment
Work hard, get rewarded with termination without cause
Manager (Former Employee) –  MinongNovember 4, 2014
When the advise given from one manager to another is "don't micromanage MY project with safety "stuff" - you know how much they care. When they promote a plant manager who comes from another food plant that allowed it's worker to have his arm ripped off due to lack of training, which results in +320K in OSHA fines - you know where the priorities lie.
Pros
Lots of free bribes, I mean clothing
Cons
zero upper managment support
An OK job but not a career
Smokehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 7, 2014
By far the most frustrating job I've ever had. Management is always looking to save a buck on equipment or pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jack Link's Beef Jerky. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8