Jack Link's Beef Jerky

Jack Link's Beef Jerky Employer Reviews

Great Company
Production Worker (Former Employee), Underwood, IAJanuary 23, 2014
Great staff, friendly environment. Many opportunities to advance within the company
Work hard, Play Hard and Feed Your Wild Side
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Minong, WISeptember 29, 2013
Pros: lunch served at my location, company benefit plan, wellness program, company paid picnics, company store
Cons: the commute, pto/vacation/sick days, pay grade structure, parking, 401k, lack of profit sharing
Pulling off HWY 53 north in Minong WI (45 minutes south of Duluth, MN) all you see is farm land, trees as far as the eyes can see and never ending rolling hills. As you take in the landscape there is one thing you won't be able to help but notice, Jack Link's Beef Jerky's World Headquarters. The plant/corporate office combo stands as a beacon among – more... the natural landscape and can be seen for miles around. This is how my day ends and starts, with a family built and bred company thriving in the little town that built it.

Every day is different, challenging and exciting in the benefits department at Jack Link's. Being a Benefits Specialist my number one duty is customer service and my customers are the people I see every day at work, the employees. Whether it's processing a medical enrollment for a new hire, explaining the leave absence policy or heading up the wellness committee, every part of my day is about making sure the company takes care of its employees. With a company close to 3,000 domestic employees and 3 team members in the Benefits department this can be a tall order, but every day we work hard to meet the needs and expectations of our customers.

After five years with Jack Link's I have learned that you have never learned enough. I've held three different positions at Jack Link's Beef Jerky and all have been invaluable in what they have taught me. With all that I have learned these three things ring true no matter what position I have filled; know the culture of your company, know how to communicate with that culture and create a positive rapport among the culture. These three things can be the hardest part of my job and the most enjoyable all at the same time.

All that I have learned at Jack Link's has built a solid foundation for my future opportunities outside Jack Link's and the motto I will carry with me no matter my destination will continue be: work hard, play hard and always Feed Your Wild Side! – less
A work place where you work yourself to death - IF you wish too
Klockner Machine Operator (Former Employee), Corp. office - Minong, Wi - Production PlantAugust 22, 2013
Pros: lots of free jack link stuff all the time. my house is full of it and about 40 t-shirts i bought
Cons: your work is never enough. finish that? we got some more for you.
A typical work day could be anything from what you were actually hired for to anywhere they need you to be.

What I learned was how to hang jerky in a 32 degree environment without giving up within 6 months; for this is how long it takes to move on to another level or section of the plant. I moved on into the steakline area and became very proficiant – more... in delivering the meat from a meat shoot, even with the speed rack game.

I next moved on to become a machine operator where we package the finished cooked jerky to which I loved ! I really miss all my coworkers and bosses as well.

The hardest part of the job was at the end of the night about 2am we had to wash everything in sinks that did not fit the parts and in soap that makes you sick over a period of about 4 month.

The most enjoyable part of the job was after my husband died I went there to have some socialization in my life and I realy just had fun. – less
MicroManagers and Low Pay
Retail Account Manager (Former Employee), AnywhereFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: weekends off, free product
Cons: low pay, little advancement, long days, most managers are micro-managers, calling on walmarts, lack of timely information from account managers, if you let them your daily work days can turn into 12 hour days, territories so large, can be in the car for hours befor sales call
You think this woud be a cool company to work for. It seems like every supervisor is a micro-manager. They want to be called often. And if you don't pick up when they call you get reprimanded.

Everyday there is a some new inane report. They want you to download lots of silly pictures daily, perfectly formatted, after just working an 8-9 hour shift – more... and driving all day. When your micro-manager does a work with. They spend the whole week with you. Yet when you ask that micro manager about, certain accounts, benefits or opportunities they become clueless!

Trying to get any type of updates from account managers is impossible. I found out more information on my own then from those overpaid folks

The territories are so large. At Walmart most of the product are on the mods. So just think how crazy that is working at Walmart registers during the afternoon, CRAZY! Some accounts you have to go in areas where there are mice and mice feces. And don't call into corporate. You just can't get answers – less
Extremely demanding work culture with work hard & play hard philosophy
District Manager (Former Employee), Minong, WIOctober 1, 2012
Pros: company vehicle, clean safe hotels for travel & company yearly meeting award ceremonies
Cons: an unfortunate fall out with a supervisor.
A typical day involved all aspects day to day management of 80+ direct & indirect accounts. Building elaborate fact based presentations. Public speaking in groups as large as 150. hundreds of miles of travel. Retail checks on top of calling directly of big convenience store corporate decision makers & DSD/Wholesalers all over the Intermountain West.

I – more... learned to become a very powerful sales person, public presenter. I was able to apply my previous category management skills to building plan-o-grams for many retailers & maximizing profitability & top line sales while maintaining perfect P&L balance.

Most management was great & I am not one to talk badly but a particular individual 's unprofessional harassment led me away from a career I loved & thrived in. Upper management were great & always had an open door policy to listen to ideas & help in any way possible.

My co-workers were some of the best people I have ever had the honor to work with. We were truly a team across the U.S.A. & no one ever hesitated to offer advise or even give their opinion on ideas & problems. Great team environment that made that company a huge success.

The hardest part of the job was there seemed to be a divide between the sales force & the marketing team which made the sales team's job much more inefficient.

The most enjoyable part was the business relationships I made & the record sales I achieved in 5 year's. Also, with my high level of mathematical skill I was given full responsibility to build 4 other team mates yearly budgets. – less
Review
Executive Assistant Assistant (Current Employee), Minong, WIAugust 20, 2012
My coworkers are great, it's a very relaxed environment.

Work hard, play hard, is our philosophy.

Jack's Way is the right way.