Jack In The Box | Jack in the Box, Inc. Employee Reviews

Terrible communication
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  North Highlands, CANovember 26, 2017
Short and simple bad place to work for ..... sometimes don't get breaks the management is terrible and can't see your hours before hand like other places
Pros
Half off on food
Cons
Can't see your hours before hand
My co workers are kind and fun to be around.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  North Hills, CANovember 25, 2017
A typical day at work is washing my hands for 20 seconds ,clocking in, counting my box and starting my cashier routine. I have learned how to count money in a faster and easier way. The hardest part of my job would be keeping the restaurant clean because customers don't pick up after themselves.
Pros
getting 50% of every meal
Cons
short breaks
Good work experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CANovember 19, 2017
Training is not that great managers should give more time for. Training ..
They hire too many people at once and should only be letting the manager tell the worker wst to do
Pros
Leaning fast
Cons
Not the rite manager's
Stressful, Aggressive, poorly managed
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 19, 2017
Jack in the Box stores here are neglected by maintenance and no money is invested in keeping the stores working. Owner puts no effort into ensuring his stores have functioning appliances until it becomes an emergency, even after continuous customer complaints. This company is not willing to invest in hiring more people to work on the floor each shift. The store I had worked at should have had 8-11 people on the floor per shift during the day and 4-6 people at night, but only ever had 2-4 during the day and 1-2 at night, causing more customer complaints because of short handedness. District Manager refused to do his job, and created a hostile work environment for myself and other employees, and was a blatant bully. The same DM had been fired previously for harassment and was rehired.
Pros
Meal discount
Cons
short handed, poorly managed, poorly maintained
what can i say its fast food
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDOctober 17, 2017
Its just like any other fast food place just the bottom end of the job market. I dont really know what to say in this review I only worked there for a week
My opinion
Team member\cook (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZOctober 12, 2017
Busy, Ive learned hard work pays off.Things run smoother when theres a manager around.Good place for a quick bit. The time rule is anoying.Great food.
Pros
7$ lunch limit was awesome
Cons
Hardly any time for breaks.
Always stressful and overworked
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 5, 2017
This particular job was always a stressful work environment because of staffing issues. They never scheduled enough employees during the shift I worked which was graveyard mainly on the weekends where you needed more employees. I was always working for two or three people but getting paid for one. The best part of the job was my little sister was my manager so I got to help her out for a while.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough employees for night shift
Works
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Napa, CASeptember 30, 2017
Barely competitive pay. I struggle to make things meet. It would be a good side job but hard to make a living doing. Working is very stressful the store manager is very bad ar communication
Good place to work, great people, fun environment
Accounting Professional (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2017
Fun place to work with plenty of opportunity for new grads. The people are great, and everyone feels like family - even for such a large organization. Depending on the department you work in, pay may not be comparable to similar titles outside of the company, which is a sad downfall because the organization is a great one.
The hours are doable
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Angleton, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Helps pay the bills and the hours are manageable. I just started so everything right now is fun and fascinating. Everyone works as a team to get orders out!
Cool place
Fast Food Worker (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 30, 2017
You can do it don't worry its will be okay you will be able to make it happen just put some big boy pants on it's as dope for a first job but time to go
Good work experience
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 26, 2017
It's a fast paced job. During my work period we were having problems with low cook staff and lots of new people to train which slowed down our time and made it more stressful. i loved my manager and enjoyed working there.
Like I was the unpopular kid in high school
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Parkland, WAAugust 23, 2017
My boss was younger then me and I felt like she didn't like me . She tryied to get me fired a couple of time I had to call the franchise peoPle who worked everything out but I had asked to only be on night shifts and they cuts my hours for my reason so I quit and started working at safeway
Pros
Free food
Cons
high school drama
I was Drive thru, Cashier, Cook ,and Prep
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXAugust 22, 2017
A typical day on the job would be a fasted paced speed, due to taking orders while helping put in bags, taking money and passing orders out as well.I would help others in my team so we could keep a low drive thru time and guarantee our customers were receiving quality food at the fraction of the wait. The hardest part of the job was when there was large orders. The part I enjoyed the most was the customer interaction.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
short breaks, no insurance, no very organized
Quick paced and need to be dedicated
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 16, 2017
Jack in the box is a company great for focusing on what the customer wants. The motto is the customer is always right. Thats is good. You have to woek fast.
Was great, before it franchised
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 15, 2017
Fast paced environment, constantly changing, always new and familiar faces.
Learned a lot about PnLs, managing schedules and inventories while learn into work with and manage people from all walks of life.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with the changing corporate structure.
Did enjoy seeing new menu options regularly, and most of the employees were honest, hard working people.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits
Cons
Long hours, could never really have a day off
I loved working here.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORAugust 14, 2017
This is a fast paced work environment but also very stressful. I would love to work here again, but business was slow and they had to let people go. I woke up everyday excited to go to work. We had weekely meetings that were very helpful also.
Pros
We had employee cook outs.
Cons
Caring owners
Horrible Management Strategies.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riverbank, CAAugust 12, 2017
Advancing within management at Jack in the Box is not too hard, which can cause some who have no idea how to handle the pressures and responsibilities of management to be promoted. The company itself takes care of its employees and makes sure that no illegal conduct occurs.
Jack in the box promotion
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, nvAugust 3, 2017
Its a great place to meet new fresh faces. And i loved how theres always something to do.. I live serving guest great food so they can leave happy with smiles on their faces!
Pros
Great place to start careers
Cons
Short lunch breaks!!
A fast pace job
PIC (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 2, 2017
The strive for perfection in speeds and in quality is really what this job calls for, and traing in cooking, speeds, sales, and food safety. It can take people months to actually be set on there own