Jack in the Box
1,204 reviews

Jack in the Box Employer Reviews

Team Member (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 26, 2015
A typical day would be to get to work at least 5 minutes early, clock in and wash hands. Then, began doing preps for us to have during our shift along with cleaning in the process. There was a quite of few things I learn in this job like: how to work as a cashier and cook, how to be quick on your feet, and also how to treat customers. My co-workers were great people to work when, at least the time they did there part of the job. One of the hardest thing about the job was during late night and only two people would be working, having to take order, getting the money, bagging the food, and helping the cook was not easy but we managed.
fast food
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Great customers.
Out going people. Many workers are fun to be around with. First day is hard end of day is relaxing time to leave.
sweat shack
Grill Cook/Fry Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Bryan, TXMarch 25, 2015
* A typical day of sweating all day while making people food
*I learned to respect the people around me even though they didn't
* the manager didn't manage anything
*My co-workers were rude,and vulgar spit in peoples food and laugh about everything
*the hardest part about Jack in the Box would be dealing with the co-workers
*The most enjoyable day would have to be the end of the work shift
fun place to work and grow
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 24, 2015
Pros: free lunch, meet new people and had a very good boss and manger.
Cons: not enough hours.
I worked as a cashier, took orders, gave the orders out, drive-threw, cleaned, helped train new employees, dish washer, open and closed and stayed when needed and came in when needed.
they had good music playing while we worked
Cashier (Former Employee), 4234 Decker Dr baytown txMarch 24, 2015
my manager started me off at the fryer, he said he wanted me to learn how to handle it and to get faster to quickly drop and pick up food and for nothing to be burnt, he than had me as a cashier, I thought being a cashier meant staying put at the counter but I had to keep my counter clean and check the lobby for trash and to keep the restrooms clean I was basically in charge of presenting the store of its looks I also I had to be very friendly which was no problem for me but when it was lunch hour I had to be very quick on taking their orders but listen very carefully not to mess the orders up than it would just slow us all down for one mistake.
Great Experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free meals for managers
I have worked at Jack for about 5 almost 6 years, Working at Jack as helped me grow in many different ways. I started out as a crew member and just worked my way up to Management. A typical day there was stressful mass call-outs, super busy, understaffed. But in the long run we all managed as a team. I have learned to take on multiple responsibilities while being an Assistant I have had to solve many problems at work. The co-workers are great they provide a awesome atmosphere. The hardest part about my job I would probably say is waking up and going so early. haha and the most enjoyable would be interacting with customers/
Manager (Current Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: .
Cons: .
great work place, fast paced working environment, maintain cleanliness of restruant, great co workers, great customer service,
Ever changing and exciting work!
Marketing/Consumer Research Analyst (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: Free food, great learning opportunities
Cons: Sometimes having long hours.
Jack in the Box offered great education opportunities in Consumer Research. I enjoyed the variety of challenges in a typical day. We would often do taste tests in the morning, guest intercepts or IVR later on and ideation and competitive tastings in the afternoon. Who doesn't love food! I liked meeting with the various product teams, conducting the research on new offerings prior to market test, then analyzing and presenting my findings to the executive team.
productive work area with lots to do
Jack in the box (Former Employee), Hurst, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: half off lunch, and free drinks
Cons: short breaks, should be 30 minute breaks when only 15
A typical day at work was clock in when I first get there, then stock the drive-thru area, count my drawer and sweep if needed. I learned that I have to be able to multi task and sometimes work at a really high and fast paced environment. Management in my opinion was ok, although I felt I got called into work at time that weren't appropriate some of the time. I worked great with all of my co-workers, if there was any problems in the work environment we came up with a solution right then and there. The hardest part of my job was maintaining under 4 minutes when the drive thru window was really full, and trying my best not to mess up anyones order. I believe what was most enjoyable is that we had free drinks unlimited and got half price on food.
Fun place to work
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Winnemucca, NVMarch 11, 2015
I absolutely loved working here. The team was great, the managers were great. I loved getting to meet new people and getting to see the regular customers on a daily basis.
Taught me tolerance
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 11, 2015
I worked this job for a number of years. There were trials but the best thing i learned from working in this type of enviroment which can be hostile at times was tolerance
fun working great team work
Cashier/Team Leader (Former Employee), Santee, CAMarch 10, 2015
A typical day at Jack was really active always had something to do I learned how to keep management and do invoices. All the co-workers always did team work and enjoyed working with them all. I like when rush hour will come because it showed customers how serious we are about our job. The only thing I did not like was the rude people coming to the store.
fun and productive work place
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee), Walker laMarch 7, 2015
The managers there were able to accommodate my school schedule. They always worked with employees to ensure they had what they needed.
Jack in the Box
Cashier (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: management, customers, hours
This place wasnt the best company I have worked for. The employees didnt do their jobs and the management didnt care about the welfare of the company or employees.
fun
Cook (Former Employee), beaumont texasMarch 6, 2015
it was always a tired job however I learned how to communicate with others and customers the management was always understanding
my co-workers and I was getting along and working hard to get the job done we were the best crew.
Learned alot of new things.
operated frier (Former Employee), Richland, WAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: 50% of our meals while at work and 20% off while off work
Cons: healthcare
Everyday at work I learned lots of different things such as handling money, prepping the food right, how to properly use the fryer and also the employees would teach me their job duties for if I was ever put to work their shift. The most challenging thing about work was handling the cash register I didn't know how to look up the recipe on the things a hamburger had in it also the question "what comes in the burger" was always asked and so that was something difficult for me to answer the reason was because I wasn't trained well on the cash register and I had to pick up on that job faster than I thought.
friendly people ready to help.
Cashier (Current Employee), Covina, CAMarch 2, 2015
Busy restaurant, people like to pressure you, alot of arguing over simple things. best things is the food you could make your own lunch. currently the hours arent good only working one day a week, new manager doesn't really help out sometimes just stands and look at the employees.
Productive and fun place
Cashier (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Can get very stressful sometimes but overall it can be fun. You learn very basic skills such as using the cashier and handling money. Learning how to speak to customers.
very unpredictable work place
Shift Management (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 26, 2015
Working at jack in the box you had to be on top of everything from upset guess to cooks using proper methods. To food rotation jack in the box really test your capability of handling a forever changing work environment.
very prodictive work place with time for fun
Crew Member/Crew Leader (Former Employee), Port Orchard, WAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short to no breaks
show up to work set out plan to get everything done right in time given and work well with otheres with a positive attitude

1 2 3 4 5

About Jack in the Box

Led by an affable "CEO" with a Ping-Pong ball for a head, Jack in the Box is among the leading quick-service restaurant businesses – Read more

Jack in the Box Photos