Jack in the Box Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,769 reviews matching the search
Very fast pace company
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJuly 26, 2016
My most enjoyable part of my job was closing down the store. I liked this shift most because i get to portay my learning experiences, far as cleaning and stocking.
Pros
Discount on meals
Cons
Breaks were to short
Productive and busy workplace
Milpitas - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJuly 26, 2016
Management used to be insufficient until I was gone due to bad organizational and communications skills with taking days off and firing workers.
Pros
Nice workers and low customer complaints
Pretty good
Front Counter Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at work is pretty good. There are some moments where we have to deal with rude customers but other than that its pretty good working there.
Pros
Get to work with great coworkers.
Cons
Have to deal with rude ignorant people.
somewhat productive workplace
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2016
Dread going to work because the typical workday isn't normal too much work to be expected with only 3 people working in the store.
Management really doesn't care, as long as they are covered don't call them.
The hardest part of my job Is knowing everyday I go to work its going to be rough because it's a 24 hour jack with not enough employee's, and we deal with a lot of homeless people, drug addicts on a daily bases. Not included our regular costumers and the work we have to do.
My coworker's are awesome people but I do wish some would take the job a little more serious.
Great and easy place to work at.
Box cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2016
A typical day consisted of getting your cash register ready by the time you arrived, and then proceeding to take customer's orders. Every once in a while you would go out into the lobby to re-arrange chairs, tables, and overall keep a clean environment. You learn that teamwork and great communication skills are vital to a everyday success. Management was always there to help whenever you have encountered a small problem. Their friendly attitudes helped to pave a safe and calm relationships with the customers. There really isn't any hard parts of the job, aside from dealing with unsatisfied customers, but with careful consideration this can easily be resolved or avoided in the first place. The most enjoyable part of the job would the sense of satisfaction of knowing you did your job correctly, and watching the customers leave with smiles on their faces.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours, friendly environment, great management.
Cons
Sometimes have to work overtime
Good coworkers but terrible management.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Splendora, TXJuly 23, 2016
The job itself is really annoying. Constant orders for 20-30 tacos, prepping/portioning is boring, and its generally all very aggravating. You'll have very happy customers, and some very angry customers. It's generally a good idea to keep a good attitude throughout the day, despite how hard that is. The only good part about the job are my co-workers. The management isn't the greatest, but it's understandable. All in all, a good first job for high-schoolers.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Constantly standing, bad management, annoying amounts of tacos.
Cashier/Drive-Thru (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJuly 22, 2016
coworkers were always cool
strict management, but still nice
very fast pace
you get plenty of hours
serious work enviroment
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Rush from the school across the street
Fast pace and multi tasking
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 21, 2016
The main goal is customer satisfaction. We work to get out food orders as quick and correctly as possible. A lot of multitasking is required to fulfill the job.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
No benefits
cook
Jack in the box (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2016
A typical day at work is working hard meeting people and giving them there. I have learned to work with people. My co workers are really nice.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
shortbreaks
productive
Cashier / Shift leader (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAJuly 20, 2016
Jack in the box was always busy and my time at work went very quick.
I learned to solve customer problems.
Management was great very happy work place.
I did not experience any challenges at Jack in the box.
The most enjoyable part was interacting with different customers everyday
Pros
discounted lunches
benefits
productive and a fun place
Maintenance/cook (Former Employee) –  Lenwood, CAJuly 19, 2016
while working at jack in the box i had a great experience, I got to interact with new people on a daily basis. A typical day at jack was to was taking inventory and re-stacking merchandise and providing great customer service at all times.I learned to grow more in the work industry and customer service.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
part time
Busy Service , More Sales!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78223July 19, 2016
Jack in the box was a very busy place ! I learned That you deal with all kinds of customers . The management never fooled around they were on top of their job! they never wanted complaints or rude comments so they always made sure things were right! The hardest part of the job was having to deal with rude customers . My favorite part of the job was that it being so busy made the day go by way faster !
Fast paced food with a great break room
Sales / Retail (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJuly 18, 2016
I learned that the customer satisfaction is the most important priority to attain. The management was easy going and on par with benefiting employees needs as much as possible. The co-workers were hard working and very helpful with each other. Hardest part of the job was the cleaning after the store closed at night. I really enjoyed working with the public the most.
Work environment is friendly. Some of the shift leaders will really help around the store. The manager is really top notch of how the store operates.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJuly 18, 2016
I would recommend it to high school students who is looking for a first job. Most of the co-workers are friendly and cooperative. It was a good experience to work in a fast food restaurant.
stressful but fun to learning
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAJuly 17, 2016
A typical day at work is pretty much dealing with customers, difficult customers, taking orders out cleaning stocking necessities,handling money. I've lerned how to deal with difficult costumers, food safety, and how to multitask. The management in my work is okay. They struggle to keep the team in order. Nevertheless,at the end of the day everything is under control. My co-workers are the some, come do more work than the others but we're all the same. The hardest part of my job is dealing withrude costumers and trying to take my orders out by 4 minutes. The most enjoyable part of my job would be helping the nice costumers and trying out all the food.
Pros
half off on meals
Cons
pay, rude costumers
Disorganized
Cook (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 15, 2016
The structure from the supervisor down was not intact. Accountability among other employees was not applied. Workers would disappear about the store to leave others responsible for thier work through thee day.
great start
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2016
liked working there helped me gain confidnce in deeling with people heloed me work harder with cash handeling competitive edge to move up the work ladder
Pros
gret company to work for
Cons
not enough emploies
Team leader experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAJuly 14, 2016
It was a great job with lots of duties & stress. Having to maintain the custermer happy. And the employees. Being a team leader is not easy but a great experience.
Family benefits with above minimum pay
Cook/Stock (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2016
A typical work day is waking up in the morning and getting to work early. You stay focused on your tasks and complete as much as possible in the time frame given. Sometimes your manager will require you to work with co-workers in which you both will have to stay focused and complete the given task. The hardest part of the job should be keeping up with your fellow co-workers. The easiest part of the job should be showing up with a smile.
Pros
Free lunch, healthcare
Cons
irregular schedule, minimum wage
Productive with creative scences n friemdly ppl
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJuly 13, 2016
excellent service great food good customer service great team work. i learned to be patient and listen and be attentive to others needs.
learned how to suggest sales.
Pros
awards
Cons
rush hour

2.8