Jackson County Memorial Hospital Trust Employee Reviews

Jackson Memorial
Patient Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 23, 2017
Jackson Memorial can be a stressful place to work but also has great job security. The culture of the work environment needs some enhancements. management may need classes in how to lead.
Pros
paid time off/ job security
Cons
short break/ there is a need for better managment
An ok job
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKJune 19, 2017
I stayed there for 30 years. Due to JCMH not paying social security I will be working until I die. Most of the people were ok. I would not go back. Thanks
As a nurse there I learned a lot.
Registered Nurse (RN) SICU (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 18, 2017
A typical day involved resuscitating a patient, accepting transplant patients and following daily routine regiments for them. I learned a lot on transplants, mechanical ventilation, hemodynamic monitoring, ACLs protocols, education, and being a team player.
Pros
Education is off the charts.
Cons
can be very stressful
Its a high level care unit where we care for low birth weight patients. ECMO, surgeries at bedside and care extremely low birth weight 22 weeks old.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  FLJune 14, 2017
I love the work in my unit. Unfortunately I am moving to San Diego area in a few months. I had learn lots of things. Our patients are multicultural and I also learn feom them.
Great place to learn from knowledgeable and experienced nurses
Preceptorship Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKJune 13, 2017
JCMH has a great preceptorship program for nursing students. Preceptors there are knowledgeable and eager to teach. This is a great place to get clinical experience with one on one mentorship.
Never Steady
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Altus, OKJune 12, 2017
On a normal day, you never know what to expect. It could be slow, and it could be the busiest day of your life. Working with an emergency room means that it is an unpredictable work day always. The management here has changed frequently and have had a couple of bad apples until the most recent one. She has been great; however, she is heading two different departments, and that is a hard thing to do, so she might not be here long. The environment, like I said, is unpredictable and stressful. Not only are there constantly sick and unhappy patients to try to please and help at all possible, but the family members are also just as stressed and unhappy depending on the circumstances. There are some days that I go home crying, and some days I go home laughing. That being said, the most enjoyable part of the job is that it is never boring.
Pros
Lots of benefits, never boring, meeting new people.
Cons
Unhappy patients and family, stressful, and high turn over rate.
professional
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2017
no professional skills not organize workers aren't respected and the working conditions aren't the best. Employee get into arguments and management does not know what to even do worse place I have ever worked.
Great Learning And Teaching Environment
Medical Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 11, 2017
Worked within both University of Miami and Jackson Memorial Hospital commencing January 2003.
Within the 14 years of employment; my takeaway is this is a Great Teaching and Learning experience.
productive worrker
great place (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 9, 2017
working at these places give me the opportunity to meet great people. learn different things, give me the opportunity to boarded my skills and knowelege
produtive place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 1, 2017
I have been here at Jackson now for 2 years i have learned the leading methods in treating patients in critical condition, the staff is supportive and friendly.
General
Staff RN Burn Unit (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2017
If they do not increase staff salary, nurses will continue to quit. They have a great internship program and nurses are just "using" the program to get the training and experience and then go somewhere else where they get better pay rate.
Team work
Administrative Secretary II (Radiology) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2017
How they support employees and providing an atmosphere and structure in which we can strive is one of the most important and challenging parts of building a business.
Streesful job, high expectations with no staff
Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 22, 2017
The job starts at 8:00 am, either with a conference or a meeting , usually goes until 9:00 am, after that the cases are review with the resident until11:30am. Very frequently, I only have 10 to 15 minutes to eat something and continue with the work until 7:30-8:00pm.
Stressful job with high volume and little personal time
Pros
free lunch
Awesome!
Payroll Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FlMay 12, 2017
Awesome work environment where all members of your family can find jobs. A place where you could probably meet your next wife/husband. The salaries are very competative and it a rewarding atmosphere!
Pros
Family oriented!
Cons
n/a
Huge hospital
Student Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2017
Great place to start my career. Huge, offering a wide variety of educational opportunities. Happy employees and happy patients. Can use some improvement on organization.
Terrible floor
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 6, 2017
It is been a while since I worked there. My review my not be acurate to date. When I work there the work condition was horrible. Finding the basic tools to perform the job was not possible.
workplace
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 1, 2017
it was a very stressful place to work sometime
i learn how to be respect my co workers
management was good when it came to the work
the hardest part of the job is when we are under staff
the most enjoyable part about the job is they show us
appreciation when we are doing a good job
very positive environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 19, 2017
great place to volunteer. Free food and free parking. great hands on experience from nurses and other employees. A typical day would consist of answering call lights and phones. Walking the floor and assisting cna's and nurses with a few things.
Pros
positive and uplifting environment
my typical day at work
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 18, 2017
I usually start my day by going to the floor to look for the physicians in order to give them their queries or remind them about my emails.Then, I checked my emails, and start working by reading all the doctors' progress notes.The hardest part of my job is to convince the coder to change the final DRG because of our different background.I learn more about the disease in a medical point of view instead of nursing aspect.
Very diversified culture and fun to work at
SECURITY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 13, 2017
Great place to work with other people, they take the time to train and care for their employees, offer excellent benefits and get the opportunity to interact with people of all walks of life
Pros
excellent benefits and people to work with
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jackson County Memorial Hospital Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2