Jackson County Memorial Hospital Trust Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Fun Workplace
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKJune 23, 2016
Great place to work. CEO and Supervisors were supportive. A typical day, I would update payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cut checks as requested, and monitor other general ledgers as needed.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Having to leave for another job
Good
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Ryder TraumaJune 19, 2016
Its a good place for nursing students to learn about the nursing environment and staff were very helpful. I enjoyed my two years as a student at this hospital.
Productive and hard working environment
Clinical Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 5, 2016
Is a fun and educative place
Good people helping children
Good benefits
Good opportunity to learn and grow
Professional and excellence
Pros
benefits and learning
Cons
Short staff, overwork
Assist residents (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 19, 2016
Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
•Obtains help by sounding alarms.
•Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
•Controls traffic by directing drivers.
Excellent Institution
Environmental Services Supervisor (Retired) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 8, 2016
Every day is a challenge
Sky is the limit
good management
excellent co-workers
Discipline employees
The in-predictable day to day
Pros
Excellent education place
Cons
I spend 20 years at JHS
Busy county based LARGE health care system
Surgical Intensive Care Unit RN (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 6, 2016
Very hectic environment.

Very mixed cultural experiences

Univeristy based facility

Very mixed environments of healthcare
Pros
Very large and progressive
Cons
Many many language barriers and constant threats of layoffs
Great place to learn
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLMarch 29, 2016
a typical day a jackson memorial hospital would be to utilize your cna/pct skills, answer to patients call lights, and interact with patients.
Pros
patients will make your day
Cons
very busy during the week
Diverse workplace with hard working dedicated employees.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 26, 2016
Diverse workplace with hard working dedicated employees.
A typical day at work will start with reviewing calendars of our management team and follow up messages via email or telephone. Set up meeting information and technology for the first set of meetings and greet guest. Work on updating information on spreadsheet for productivity of the Corp Business Office and Patient Access Services, respond to employee concerns and requests, and monitor inventory.
What I have learned at Jackson is that hard work always pays off whether you are going out of your way for a patient or making sure the management team meet their deadlines. My entire efforts make the team looks good which in turn provides gratification for your efforts. I was fortunate enough to work with a team that is dedicated with good team workmanship. The hardest part of my job is managing which fire to put out first when running on a tight deadline. The most enjoyable part of my job is the patient and my co workers. I work with a great team of people who work equally as hard as I do and we appreciate and embrace each other’s weakness and strengths.
Pros
Federal Holidays off, half days on eve of Holidays
Cons
Assisted 12 managers and 2 Directors. Everyone wanted to be first.
great place to work for
Supports the VP of Revenue Cycle (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 19, 2016
I like the atmosphere of helping patients and making them feel good about their choice of medical care, so I enjoyed working there
Pros
good benefits
Cons
traffic is bad getting towork
Fun side gig
Street Team Member (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 14, 2016
Working as a Street Team member is pretty enjoyable. You're attending all kinds of events to talk to the public about the services that Jackson provides. You're meeting all kinds of people and expanding your network as a representative of Jackson. It helped me work on my public speaking skills and interacting with the hospital's audience.
the employees are very nice
Histotechnician 1 (Current Employee) –  Altus, OKFebruary 20, 2016
Working at the hospital was a new experience for me. I am use to work in a private setting.
The morning work day was nice. I stayed busy and was able to learn new things. The hardest of my job was their was not enough work through out the day. I needed to stay busy and was not able to do so. The best part of my job was the outcome of the stains and getting the specimen to the Dr. to read out so the patient can have their test result.
Productive and fun workplace
EEG Technologist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Great working enviornment lots of knowledgable physicians and nurses. Wonderful place to gain experience and learn. A lot of opportunity to grow in the health system especially now with upcoming satellite clinics opening around miami-dade county
very productive environment
Support Associate III (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day a medical resource was a little slow, i learn the proper way of managing a doctors office, management was detail oriented and so was coworkers.The hardest part was dealing with the slow pase of the operation, the most enjoyable part was that i was the manager
Pros
free lunches
Cons
slow environment
Very good work place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 10, 2016
Have learned about different types of drugs good place to work good co workers the management team is great I have learned a lot since I started here
Not a great work place, management wasn't very good.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKDecember 6, 2015
Management wasn't the best, some nurses were kind others left the CNA's out to hang and dry. They didn't want to help work my scheduling around my school. They added people to shifts without consent or discussing it first. This was probably the worst place to work for the only good thing about this place was the benefits, and the CNA's help each other out best they can. On the bright side of things, some nurses were very educational, I learned new things. a typical work day had about 16 patients or more depending on who showed up to work and who didn't. The hardest part of the job was not having enough help when lifting patients. The most enjoyable was seeing patients getting better.
Pros
Benefits, Learning Experience
Cons
Poor Management, Lack of Help, No flexibility for students.
Pleasurable
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 16, 2015
I always have great things to say about main campus Jackson Memorial Hospital and I wouldn't mind working there again If circumstances allow.
Very cheerful work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 9, 2015
I would walk in and it was straight to work. I would answer the phone and help around with whoever needed help. Weather it was feeding or talking to patients I was always busy and I loved it. I moved to the children department and there I entertain children and give them crafts to do. Sometimes I do bedsides, which is comforting and entertaining the patient in their room.
I am learning how to interact with children and how to perform tasks in a timely manner. I also learn a lot of responsibility such as arriving to work on time. I always enjoy being with my fellow volunteers and learning from them.
Pros
paid for part of dinner, very cooperative, some people are excited to work
Cons
location
Enjoyed my time while i was there.
Clinical staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 3, 2015
It's actually Jackson Memorial hospital or Jackson Health Systems. A great place if your are looking to gain valuable experience as a RN in any department you choose.
Patient Finance Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 20, 2015
Great place to work, caring people. Jackson Health was a great company to work for; however they were only hiring at the time to for part-timers and I needed a full time position to help with my bills. .

If I could go back to Jackso I would Great Company to work for.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Work Hard
Great starter job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2015
Counting down to retirement was stressful especially with management. Overall my 36 years were great. Thank goodness I made it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jackson County Memorial Hospital Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2