Jackson County Memorial Hospital Trust

Jackson County Memorial Hospital Trust Employer Reviews

Great experience
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 18, 2014
Pros: great nurses
Cons: n/a
I love working for Jackson, the experience is amazing, the nurses are amazing
Customer first attitude
Secretary II (Current Employee), Altus, OKJune 11, 2014
JCMH is a wonderful place to work. I've worked at JCMH for 24+ years. I interact with all types of customers; customers includes all co-workers. My favorite part is working with a great group of people and helping out whenever necessary.
good
Clinical Rotation Practicum (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 2, 2014
very good, good people, culture, and facilities. really like it
Good
Customer Service (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
It was really good to experience others working with one another.
Productive & Educational
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 25, 2014
Production & Educational
Co-Workers & Managment Extremely Reliable
Hardest part is probably - during (computer down-time); unable to function - leading to reverting to any/all means to submit-perform ALL jobs in a timely Satisfactory - Adequate - Professional manner
Fun place to work
Practicum Experience (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 23, 2014
Perfect place to learn new skill and obtain abilities, nurses are friendly and they teach.
i did not work here i just did my clinic hours. love this place
Productive and fun place to work. Great culture and people.
Core Informatics Security Architect (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 23, 2014
Productive and fun place to work. Great culture and people.
Management concerned with patient satisfaction and employees
House Supervisor (Former Employee), Altus, OKApril 20, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: understaffing
Addressed staffing each day
rounds to all nursing areas to evaluate any patient changes
assisted nursing staff
communicated with patient physicians as indicated
stablazation of patients
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 19, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: budget cuts, advancements
For years Jackson health system has been the leading health organization for all hospitals in in Broward and Miami –Dade county but Jackson health system has felt the sting of the recession and cut all benefits and employee services that made the a leader in the industry, now it’s no more about Jackson survival than its employees and it has made them – more... less of a leader and more of a company that has forgotten who’s got them to number one, with major budget cuts and raise freezes and the increasing taxes and hospital additives mid-level employees are having a hard time keeping up with the economy and must seek other or additional employment with repercussions to overtime. In all Jackson health system is not the same and needs major change. – less
Large group of peopel to work with in hospital setting
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Altus, OKApril 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits, busy days
Cons: hours werent alway guaranteed
My days weren't ever guaranteed to be the same. Being Part-time i had other jobs as well. I learned how to do surgery cases, fluroscopy studies, and how other modalities worked. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
Challenging and enjoyable place to work
Administrative Clerk/Outpatient Registration (Current Employee), Altus, OKApril 1, 2014
Pros: education financial assistance
Cons: small town, small hospital with limited growth
Working with patients everyday can be challenging and rewarding. I work with patients of all ages and walks of life and enjoy meeting their needs. Along with routine tasks I am also met with unforeseen and sometimes last minute business. This allows me to broaden my abilities and think on my toes. I find that my co-workers are supportive and management – more... allows me the flexibility to find and define the kind of worker I want to be. – less
Great place to work overall.
Food & Nutrition Aide (Former Employee), Altus, OKMarch 26, 2014
A typical day at work was very busy and productive and I feel I got a lot accomplished.
I learned many skills that was both helpful and useful there and in my career field. I got a lot of support and help from my co-workers and from management to utilize those skills and apply them efficiently in many areas. The hardest part of the job was simply keeping – more... pace with many changes we undergo to improve the service and quality of service to the patients and their guests. The most enjoyable part of the job was simply being there. I genuinely enjoyed my job. – less
Excellent opportunity for volunteer service
VOLUNTEER SERVICES (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch and parking
Help transport and clean unused stretcher, refill glove boxes, bringing food, water and blankets to patients under nurse manager supervision, pick up medications from pharmacy. I enjoy deeply on helping health care personal. Currently a volunteer.
it was a very nice place to work
Patient liaison (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 12, 2014
• Patient liaison in the financial department of the largest public hospital in the city of Miami; providing world class customer service while assisting patients with outstanding account information.
• Processed accounts receivables; which included various accounting procedures using company proprietary systems; posting funds to ledger for two divisions – more... of main hospital.
• Managed multi-line telephone; routing calls to assigned collectors and supervisors.
• Assisted various collectors with collections claims; contacting insurance companies and workers compensation representatives for additional information.
• Prepared, analyzed and processed spreadsheets and presentations for weekly financial departmental management meetings – less
Pruductive, learning and fun environment
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: the pros were, great benefits, discount on meals
Cons: 12 hour shifts versus 8 hour shift.
Recieve reports from previous shift staff on patients, assist patients in care. My co-workers were great team players. I learn and seen a wide variety of patients.
Hospital setting
Unit Secretary in Pediatric floor (Former Employee), 1611 NW 12 Ave Miami FL 33136February 24, 2014
Pros: you have $20.00 for lunch every month.
I worked in Pediatric floor where I had to admit, transfer, and discharged patients. I transcribed medications on medications sheets, and sent orders for labs and x-rays. I used to work as a team with my co-workers, and helping patients and families.
Ok I guess
Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 9, 2014
I worked here through a agency. The job was a bit risky because I was dealing with human feces, urine and blood samples.
A typical day at work.
RESIDENCY (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 31, 2014
Pre-rounding and examine the patients. Rounds with the attending. Noon conference. Working on patient-care.
Very Good Teaching Hospital
RRT (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: gain a lotof experience
Cons: easy to burn out.
Very Good Teaching Hospital.Very nice place to gain experience.
Jackson Hospital is one of the greatest teaching hospital in the nation. At Jackson I had the opportunity to work with the best there is.
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement, excellent benefit package.
Cons: employees are hired base on the county budget, if there is a budget cut some employees would be laid off.
Every day was a learning experience at Jackson Memorial Hospital. We faced with different challenge on a day to day basis. Jackson is a level I Trauma Center, we provided care for gun shot wound victims, transplant patients, motor vehicle accident victims, critical care patients,worked in collaboration with The SFAN, South Florida Aids Network ,on behalf – more... of the patients who are diagnosed with the HIV /AIDS virus, burn victims,patients who suffered from different types of cancer as well as cardiac patients .The management as well as my co-workers, we worked as a team because our goal was to satisfy our patients and their families.The hardest part of the job was sometimes we were unable to get resources for certain patients because of their illegal status. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the patients returned to show their appreciation. – less