Jackson County

Jackson County Employee Reviews

Good benefits, but not much else
Office Manager (Former Employee), Jackson CountyMay 20, 2015
the summary pretty much says it all. benefits are good. paid holidays. monday through friday schedule. the pay is minimal. there is no room for advancement.
Highlt political. Pray the media doesn't highlight your loss.
Assistant Prosecuting Attorney (Former Employee), Kansas City, Missouri/KansasMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Intimate knowledge of what is going on in Jackson County
Cons: NOT a family friendly employer
You can get fired for not winning a controversial/media attended case. On the flip side, controversial/media attended cases may be assigned to you for the purpose of getting you fired.

I am proud to say that I lasted nearly 9 years in the Jackson County Prosecutor's office despite being a conservative with NO political affiliation with the Jackson County political machines.
Small town policing with search and rescue opportunities galore
Patrol Deputy, Sergeant, Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Walden, COJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: opportunity to do things that working in las vegas did not
Cons: small town politics
Working for Sheriff Fischer was one of the highlights of my career
Jackson County was a great place to work. They were very family oriented which helped when the kids were younger.
Deputy Tax Assessor Clerk, Appraiser, Mapping (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: worked as a family and enjoyed meeting some many people.
Cons: really none.
A typical day at work consisted of assisting customers with questions about their homestead exemption, property taxes and their appraisal value. I have learned so much about my customers and taking the extra time to help them in every which way I could. I would always go above and beyond ensuring they understood everything to the fullest. I would say the hardest part of the job was some of the schooling which required a lot of studying but was worth it. I enjoyed my customers the most. When they came in ranting and raving I always tried to make them smile and understand the situation.
productive
Summer worker (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: short breaks
I learned some mechanic things at work. I moved golf carts and cooked.
Out door life, in the woods, accomodating the public, fishing, hiking,
Jackson County junior park ranger (Former Employee), Ashland, ORNovember 10, 2013
Pros: campground rent
Cons: none come to mind
I maintained the Howard Prairie Campground, maintained the boats, cleaned the bathrooms, operated a tractor per the Ranger's instructions, assisting in firewood availability, sold gasoline and propane to customers, rented boats,

I also did some picking up of trash at the other Jackson County Campgrounds around Howard Prairie Lake
Productive Company
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 12, 2013
This job is basically keeping the inmates in order, from this job i learned how to frisk down a inmate, the hardest part of this job is seeing one of your close friends in jail .
I loved this job
Foster Parent (Former Employee), Winder, GAFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: family oriented
Cons: you get attached tot he children and have to let them go
I worked 2 different positions for Jackson county. As a foster parent and then later as a Court Appointed Special Advocate. It was fullfilling and rewarding. I enjoyed it very much. If I had not needed to move I would still be there.
Average place of employment
Commercial Clerk (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 7, 2013
I really don't have much to say after working there for the past 15 yrs.
Were an OK company, not great. Did a lot of work that I liked very much, however.
Advertising as a graphics artist (Former Employee), 400 Crater Lake AvenueDecember 5, 2012
Pros: did a lot of creative work i liked.
Cons: not a well-organized company
I worked for just under a year at Jackson County Advertising.
Great opportuniy
Post Traumatic Stress Group Facilitator (Former Employee), Jackson, CANovember 8, 2012
Job security minimal with state budgets. Great opportunity.
management
Chief Deputy A/T to County Auditor/Treasurer (Former Employee), Jackson, MNJune 7, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: compensation level
Compensation was less than similar level employees due to one newly hired (new position) employee in management