Jackson Health System

Jackson Health System Employer Reviews

Great Place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 7, 2014
Pros: great learning experience, culturally diverse, action-packed, miracles made daily
Cons: expensive parking, expensive lunch, old buildings, old equipment
The greatest hospital in Miami. If you are a move and a shaker, quick on your feet, and enjoy a fast-paced, culturally diverse environment, then Jackson is the place for you. Ryder Trauma Center offers the greatest top-notch care by advance trained nurses and physicians.
Great managers and co-workers
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 6, 2014
It is a family oriented small community hospital with mixture of different cultures. Work flow and efficiency are not there yet, co-workers and managers are the greatest, which makes a big difference in your working environment.
Peaceful and productive work environment.
Patient Finance Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 14, 2014
Pros: 1 full hour lunches and benefits and bonus
Cons: no overtime, no advancements
I enjoy working for Jackson Health Systems. My co-workers and management are very friendly and helpful. I have learned a lot such as, both inpatient and outpatinet medicaid collection process and I am now current in the process of learning about patient variance department. The hardest part of the job is knowing all the medical coding essentials by – more... memory. A typical work day at Jackson would be proessing each account starting with checking eligibility, verifing payment or denial and processing and adjustment, appeal, or sending the claim electronically and basiclly working each account to the end accurately. – less
The review summary overall I rated good.
Pharmacy Technician (CphT) (Former Employee), Pharmacy BasementSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: they celebrated holidays and pharmacy week;which they will provide lunch.
Cons: lunch break was 30mins and two 15mins breaks; which was very hard to do.
My experience working at the hospital was an experience, I never experienced. The work experience was different from working for Correction Health services. The I worked mostly manually. And working in the hospital was a lot computerized. And moving all over the hospital, I enjoyed the experience. A typical day at Jackson was very busy. The majority – more... of the co-workers were very helpful. My supervisor let me take my time in the beginning, since everything was new. The hardest part of the job was going from one end of the hospital to the other. – less
Overall working conditions
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 28, 2014
Clean and organize working environment, good co-workers and respect for co-workers were displayed with recognition. Also able to express your opinon on how to make the workplace better.
ping pong table
I.T. Analyst (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 30, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: management
stressful
Associate Director (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 25, 2014
relax work
flexible timings
complex communication structure
opportunity to grow and glow
Nice experience
Float Nurse (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 9, 2014
It was a very nice experience. I learned so much from this facility and the management was fair. the co-workers was very diverse. And the most enjoyable thing about this place and ;earning something new everyday.
Productive place to work.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLApril 10, 2014
Very busy place to work. Most therapist do help when you need it. During a code blue, most therapist will show up and we all help in CPR. Nurses are fun and great to work with. Doctors are great and down to earth.
Not result driven organization
Sr. Project Manager [Project Management Office] (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 6, 2014
Manage operation and IT projects portfolio to support Jackson Health System (JHS) financial sustainability strategy. Deliver data modeling, strategic fit, and project plans for business decisions; execute on operation and technical solutions, including process engineering and system applications. Lead cross-functional initiatives in support of process – more... optimization, automation, and productivity opportunities. – less
Enjoyable place to work, the coworkerws make it enjoyable and meeting interesting patients.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 4, 2014
Cons: paying for parking and the traffic on the way home.
I usually work in cardiology diagnostic testing. My coworkers are fun interesting people very knowledgeable in their field. They are always helping each other.
The hardest part of the job is seeing sick children and not being able to help them.
I enjoy learning new things and interacting with the technologists, Doctors, managers and Nurse Practitioners.
It was a great place to work with a "family-like" atmosphere.
SUPPORT ASSOCIATE III / HOSPITAL UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 27, 2014
Though it has changed tremendously, it was like a second home. The employees were very friendly and helpful, even when the workload was heavy.
Honest hard work is healthy.
license practical (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 16, 2013
Pros: love to work with people
I love my job and the wounderfull caring people that I have the pleasure to work with , just I am looking for more work on weekends and some Holidays to complement my salary.
A great institution to mould a career of giving and growing
CASE MANAGER CLINICAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 22, 2013
Pros: world class institution and great clinical experience from a teaching hospital
Cons: high work load and unavailability of resources
I receeived a wealth of experience at the Jackson Health System. I started as a RN 11 and was promoited several times during the 26 years. I had the respect of management and fellow co workers. I learned how to render excellent customer service to staff, patients and their families. I developed great managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills – more... during my tenure there. I was given the opportunity to receive my undergraduate and graduate degrees. The hardest part was learning to prioritize when so many demands were critically important. The most enjoyable part was being the part of a team that provided excellent service to many regardless of their background or financial status. The development of great relationships with many brilliant professional fellow employees. – less
World Class Health Care
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Current Employee), Perdue Medical CenterOctober 7, 2013
Pros: a great place to learn.
Cons: your heart have to always be open to gave.
A typical day at work requires using good communication skills as simple as smiling,greeting your co-workers,patients,family.Dressing appropriately is important,doing my best to provide excellent care.I learned almost every thing I know in my nursing career at Jackson Health System;the fact is,there is always something new to experience.Management tries – more... very hard to provide proper staffing and maintain a balance in the system.My co-workers are cooperative,always try to work as a team.The hardest part of the job is not being able to reach out to the clients,a hundred percent when there is short of staff.The most enjoyable part of the job is to see your patients get well and go home,especially the ones who were very difficult. – less
Fun place to work, where you learn from doing
Clinical Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Jackson Health System (South)May 29, 2013
Pros: helpful colleagues and down-to-earth doctors
Cons: cola freeze
A great place to work. It is a teaching hospital and a system where the Doctors treat nurses with respect and professional courtesy. It is deserving of 4 stars!
great for clinical students
Student (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 15, 2013
great experience for students
employees were open to teach
Overwhelming culture that needs a lot of work
Director of Finance (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 10, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: senior leadership was confrontational with little support
Days started at 6:30 am ended at 6:00pm.
Lots of opportunities for improvement, little support.
Co-workers and Direct supervisors were great. Outside the department things were not so great.
Enjoyable part of the job was working with Director and VP.
Nationally ranked and renowned
Hospital Unit Secretary (Current Employee), North Miami Beach, FLApril 10, 2013
Pros: respected, excellent pay.
Cons: not many available jobs.
As an award winning and top ranked hospital, Jackson Memorial Hospital has proven to be a leader and innovator in the medical field.These accolades further demonstrate the dedication and incredible work ethic of this healthcare team.
It is a great employer to work for.
Patient Finance Specialist (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 3, 2013
It helps gain alot of knowledge, skills, and explore alot of different experiences everyday. There are days that are more challenging then others. But overall, it is a great learning place, to gain skills, and be successful in life, and gain a career even if not chosen a profession or career to stay in. if you have a carrer i helps you to accelarate – more... more in life and to push to move forward and beyond. – less