Jackson Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Great work place
Transplant Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 8, 2016
My current Job is costumer service at Jackson Memorial Hospital (MTI) here I work as a Transplant Clinical Assistant, also working with the referral department, receiving and entering referrals for potential transplant patients, handle 80 incoming calls a day noting in system contacting nurses for patient needs. I have learn a few thing in different department will working in Jackson Memorial, finance, donor department ext.
Good benefits
Resident Physician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 7, 2016
Great place to work at, good benefits and great atmosphere. Hardest part of the job is the complexity of patients. Most shifts for healthcare personnel are 8-12 hrs.
Excellent place to start your career.
PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATED (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 16, 2016
I learn that you can do things that you must focus to achieve and learn how to grow within. Co-workers are helpful. Management can get better but they are there with you to helped when it is need.
Miracles made daily
Accountant 3 (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 13, 2016
the hardest part of your job can be easy. Management, Co-workers what you learnplays a key role in the contract implementations process, ensuring proper and accurate configuration of our dental
Pros
always open
Cons
public place
County Hospitial needs Admin Leadership
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Institute AnnexApril 24, 2016
Engineering culture has changed. They are doing the best possible. They are leading the system making visitors, patients, staff welcome. Engineering Leadership is strong and progressive.
Pros
Culture of Engineering, can do is the slogan.
Cons
Admin not understanding the functions of Maintenance.
Great Place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  MiamiMarch 28, 2016
It is a great place to work for. There is room for growth and the pay is ok. The co-workers I work with are fun and upbeat. The management could be better but not so bad. The hardest part of the job is the workload.
Good place to work.
Newborn/Pediatric ICU Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 12, 2015
My job is difficult but I enjoy it. I really like caring for and providing special attention to the patients I come in contact with.
Very busy and fast paced
Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  MIami, FlSeptember 8, 2015
Very active
Never a dull moment
Very demanding
Very rewarding in seeing clients progress
Wonderful interaction from co-workers
Pros
Making a difference someone elses life
Cons
Interacting with people that have mental issues and being safe
Great productivity
Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 1, 2015
JHS is very advance on new treatment and research. Great learning experience. I enjoyed working at JHS and would not have exchanged the experience gained..
Pros
Teaches great time management in order to cope with assignment. Union strong.
Cons
Heavy work assignment. Short time for breaks. Stressful
Miami Culture not the organization
Manager I.T. Field Operations (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 29, 2015
There is a Spanish saying that roughly translates "the baby that doesn't cry doesn't get fed." In English we might say "the wheel that squeaks the loudest get the grease." This permeates the entire Miami culture and makes it a fast paced, on demand society. It is from this city that we pull our employees.

Having said this, and this is both negative and positive, the leadership at Jackson Health System is the best I have ever had the privilege to work with. The CEO is without question the best CEO under whom I have served. The C-level officers are exceptional and the results are without reservation miraculous.

I truly do not want to leave. However, I have 4 years until I retire and FRS reports I am short by .67 years to be vested. Therefore, I am forced to find a way to solve my own dilemma.
Pros
Stronge leadership, great doctors, miracles made daily
Cons
Can't allow me to make contributions to FRS so I can stay on.

Want to know more about Jackson Health System?

Ask a question
Not a bad place to work; some areas offer limited career advancement
Employee (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 26, 2015
Large organization with big company feel. Government red tape can get in the way many times. When everything works the way it should, it can be a great place to work.

Expect to find typical frustrations, then multiply it by 1.25 times (it's just that extra level of difficulty with working in a county hospital).
Great work experience
Health Record Analyst/Leadworker (Current Employee) –  North Miami BeachAugust 11, 2015
This institution has changed thru the years and now i feel is in the right path. my typical day gives me different challenges and i love it. I like to have different duties where i can find solution and give ideas for improvement.
Work
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 28, 2015
great place to work. I'm honored to be a part of this company. Great management and coworkers. I would recommend anyone to apply.
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaJune 5, 2015
Working at Jackson Health System provided me with the opportunity to advance as well as make friends; the environment can be a bit busy but all and all it's a great place to work.
Pros
You can advance if you truly work hard.
Cons
Having to pay for health insurance
Worker Friendly
WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 27, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Jackson Health system the work environment the staff was great I also gained a lot of knowledge in the years I've been there.
Thankful
Senior Personnel Payroll Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 2, 2015
I am very blessed to have the opportunity that I have; however, the management lacks communication. Also, the commute from my city is over an hour. The positive aspect the salary is above the competition.
Pros
salary
Cons
management
Make it or Break it
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 22, 2014
Most enjoyable place to work and advance in. You see so many different cultures and people its amazing. Working there has taught me how to handle many different situations in various ways. It has taught me to be patient and very understanding.
Wonderful
Activation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 9, 2014
Wonderful, friendly. Implemented activation Support for physicians on CPOE and supported nurses, ancillaries and on Flow Sheets and Documentations also worked in ED.
Great Place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 7, 2014
The greatest hospital in Miami. If you are a move and a shaker, quick on your feet, and enjoy a fast-paced, culturally diverse environment, then Jackson is the place for you. Ryder Trauma Center offers the greatest top-notch care by advance trained nurses and physicians.
Pros
great learning experience, culturally diverse, action-packed, miracles made daily
Cons
expensive parking, expensive lunch, old buildings, old equipment
Great managers and co-workers
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 6, 2014
It is a family oriented small community hospital with mixture of different cultures. Work flow and efficiency are not there yet, co-workers and managers are the greatest, which makes a big difference in your working environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jackson Health System. Our community is ready to answer.