Jackson Hewitt

Jackson Hewitt Employer Reviews

n/a
Tax preparer/Receptionist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 15, 2014
Jackson Hewitt was a good experience in the office environment. It was only seasonal over all it was a great working during that tax season.
The life of a Tax Preparer
Tax Preparer (Current Employee), Watertown, WIApril 13, 2014
Cons: slow time
Great co-worker, small kiosk to sit in, sometime you work alone some time with other.
Lots of fun but also lots of challanges
Tax Preparer (Current Employee), Starkville, MSApril 12, 2014
Pros: working alone
Cons: nothing to do on some days
Work each day was somewhat the same, yet somewhat different. I learned how to better deal with angry people. My management that I work was the best ever!!
Productive workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), Chicago,IlliniosApril 11, 2014
Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations
Ensure that all accounts are worked within client standards and Federal regulations
Organize office space for a clean and positive working environment
Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages or courier deliveries
Operate – more... telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages or scheduling appointments – less
Great hours, very accomodating.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Sparta, WIApril 10, 2014
Pros: free tax prep for myself.
Cons: no benefits, and only temporary
I did the Jackson Hewitt Tax School to be able to prepare taxes. I do marketing for the company to get new customers and prepare customers taxes for customers. The management was very understanding and laid back as long as the job was getting done. I worked by myself at the location I worked at. I enjoyed working on the computer and with the customers.
Productive and fun place to work
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 10, 2014
Pros: sometimes eating together.
Cons: finding parking in the area
This my first time working at a Call Center, it turns out to be very fun. Working with different people can be challenging sometimes because of people persaonalities, but overall I was able to look over that and I enjoyed working with them.
**********
Call Center Specialist/ Office Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 10, 2014
Pros: free tax preparations
Cons: short breaks
I became very knowledgeable in income taxes returns
Great staff
Pretty good management
Advancement was available
analytical and well organized
Tax Preparer (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSApril 7, 2014
a typical day at work is to analyze current or new customers in the process of filing their income tax with the most beneficial deductions and credits if they qualify.
seasonal call center
Call Center Manager (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 7, 2014
Pros: hours worked with school schedule
Cons: unorganized
- answer calls
-schedule appointment
-switch board
-answer basic tax question
Fixing and giving out sample products
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Blackstone, VAApril 7, 2014
Follow directions for demo products and giving them out to customers as samples in hopes that they will buy the item.
Great Company
TAX PREPARER/OFFICE ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Champaign, IL 61821April 7, 2014
Great Manager. Always friendly work environment. You are always learning new tax laws and new scenarios both in training and hands-on. The managers are always willing to teach.
Temporary work
Senior Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Collinsivlle IllinoisApril 6, 2014
Pros: enjoyed being able to communicate with the customers.
Cons: pay wasn't the greatest and it was only seasonal work.
When I first started this job I learned how to do a little more complex tax returns then I already knew how to process. Worked with different people every year. Management wasn't very flexible.
Supportive Management and Staff
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Fenton, MOApril 6, 2014
A typical day at work is providing excellent customer service while preparing clients tax return. Also, assisting clients on their current financial tax situation. For example, any life changes that occurred over the past year that could effect them in following year, being able to guide them in the direction of lowering their tax or planning for the – more... following year. Upper management is extremely supportive and help assist in any questions or confirmation of laws. The management really helps guide employees to succeed at the job. Co-workers are all supportive of each and it's a great way to meet new friends. The hardest part of the job would probably be researching and making sure the information we provide our clients is 100% accurate and working to their benefit. The best part about the job is the learning process along with meeting clients and developing new relationships with others. – less
Self Motivating Career
Tax Preparer (Current Employee), Castle Rock, COApril 2, 2014
Pros: strengthen my communication skills.
Cons: the unstable hours that changed weekly or nightly.
I found that this was a job that I liked to do for the clients. I am good with people and talking to them. I loved being able to help them to improve their lives and their tax situations. I had to market and sell for the kiosk that I ran for the 2013 tax season. I had few co-workers so I worked alone mostly and was able to accomplish all goals that – more... needed to be met daily. The hardest parts was never seeing or speaking with management about issues the kiosk was having. – less
it was okay.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYApril 2, 2014
It is a pretty straight forward job. You did what needed to be done and left. No inbetween or guess work as to what needed to be done.
Tax Preparer / Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Gautier, MSApril 2, 2014
Great part time job, hours are available for supplement income.
Okay
Assistant Manager/Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Washington, NCApril 2, 2014
I have worked at two different locations. The Washington NC location was great to work at the office staff was nice and everyone worked together to provide good customer service and knowledge to clients.
The Raleigh NC locations was ok, there were some noticeable differences in the workplace as a whole. Some of the management and co-workers do not take – more... this job as serious as they should. And the customer service that is provided to clients is not always that great. – less
Great Start
Tax (Current Employee), Marshfield, MAApril 2, 2014
Jackson Hewitt has provided me the opportunity to work 60 hours a week during the tax season and gain valuable tax expierence.
Good Season position
Tax Preparer/ Office Manager (Current Employee), Pulaski, TNApril 2, 2014
Depending on which franchise you work for, it can be a very exciting job in which you can learn a lot.
Job culture is great and a good company to work for
Tax Preparer Assistant - (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILMarch 31, 2014
Jackson Hewitt is great company to work for I have had they opportunity to learn new tasks over the past several years I have worked for this company. The management and staff are great.

1 2 3 4 5

About Jackson Hewitt

For Jackson Hewitt, there's no season like tax season. The tax preparer, ranked #2 in the US behind  H&R Block, prepares tax returns – Read more

Jackson Hewitt Photos