Jackson Hewitt
1,192 reviews

Jackson Hewitt Employee Reviews

Great Seasonal Job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDJune 28, 2015
Pros: ability to make own schedule usually, potential for overtime, good for second job
Cons: hourly pay should be hire for as much as your required to learn, down time can be very quiet some days
store opens at 9 am most days, shifts are usually 6-8 hours in length, customers by walk in or appointment, commision plus hourly, if your good with computers and math, good customer service skills its a rewarding job.
fun to work at
Tax Preparer/Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 27, 2015
helping customers, doing taxes, managing employees, doing all duties that a store manager does. learning all things taxes.
Government job
Office Manager (Current Employee), Mukwonago, WIJune 24, 2015
Proceed about 100 transactions a day between titles, registrations or drivers license.

Keeping up with the demand while complying with state requirements.

Meeting new people on a daily basis.
No advancement
District Manager (Former Employee), ClevelandJune 24, 2015
The job was good but the bonus structure was not. They do not hire full time positions. No additional training for managers.
Overall a great seasonal job
Office Manger (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great work enviroment. great bonus potential
Cons: Seasonal with NO benefits
Great way to meet and help new people. Provide great customer service and truly help your customers. Provide information and feed back to customers that don't have alot of knowledge and information concerning their income and income taxes.
easy going
Receptionist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 23, 2015
Pros: hour lunch and good management
Cons: no health ins. and to far
• Completed daily operations of store opening and closing
• Handled bank deposits
• Entered daily accounts of credit card payments
• Assisted in preparation of monthly inventory
• Received merchandise and assigned tasks to employees
• Did data entry of cash deposits and register counts
It was a learning experience.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Fort Oglethorpe, GAJune 22, 2015
Pros: A lot of practice time doing taxes.
Cons: I worked by myself.
I worked for the company for 2 months in the Fort Oglethorpe storefront. I canvassed in the area for business. I only had 1 customer while I was there.
Good place
Tax Preparer Internship (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXJune 22, 2015
Worked well with my schedule and provided opportunities for me to learn and grow. Strongly recommend to any interested in doing taxes.
N/A
Tax Preparer (Current Employee), Perth Amboy, NJJune 21, 2015
Great environment and people to work for. I've learned a lot about the way our government is set up, as well as gained greater customer service skills.
not a well managed company
Tax Return Preparer (Former Employee), Exton, PAJune 20, 2015
I was a new employee and they put me in a new location which I was the only person in the entire office. I wasn't able to get help when I needed it.
Productive and Fast Pace
Tax Preparer (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJune 19, 2015
Very Flexible in Hours
The company provided many opportunities.
Managers were great and the was always training available.
tax prep
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Reno, NVJune 18, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: hours
on a typical day I would have face to face interaction with customers and I would take there information for the IRS. This job helped me with my data entry skills.
Enjoyed working with tax clientelle
Manager, (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJune 18, 2015
Pros: The bonus at the end of season for each tax refurnd that prepared
Cons: Long hours and understaffed
I loved the complexity of working with the clientele taxes and feeling great about answering or helping them make decisions on what the best avenue would be to get the best potential return for them.

The management was helpful, but overall the hours that you had to put in and I managed 2 offices so had to travel back and forth daily was okay, however it was an inconvenience to customer if they could not always depend to have a tax preparer at a particular office when needed. Staff was split between 2 managers for 3 locations and only 3 receptions, it would get pretty hairy if they were not allowed to work overtime, then you would have to do it. But I like numbers and didn't mind the stress.
Slow working environment
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Hoover, ALJune 16, 2015
Pros: It was located inside a supercenter so its accessible to anything you may need.
Cons: noisey from store activity
A typical day consist of clocking in then checking the updates for the
day. I would then check to see is there were any checks to be printed. I would assist any clients that came in which usually wasn't many. In between customers I would market the products to passing patrons.
Positive Outlook
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers in and out of the office. I've learned to become more patient with myself.
Good Company to work for.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2015
Company provides excellent training and educational materials. The working environment is dependent on location as the Company has quite a few different locations to work out of..
Productive and promote advance and continuos education
Certified Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 13, 2015
Pros: Promote client satisfaction
Cons: Seasonal job
A typical day at Jackson Hewiit with some in and out clients, and coworkers to share is a funny day. There I was given new and more responsibilities that I really like to handle such as opening and closing the office. I have learned that to manage an office I needed to be more detail oriented individual. The hardest part of my job was to addressed and persuaded the most difficult client I ever had. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to share with clients and management such as short but quality time.
Stimulating work when preparing tax returns.
Tax return preparer (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJune 12, 2015
Pros: Meeting people. Helping people get refunds.
Cons: Poor pay. Bored while waiting for clients to come in.
Seasonal employment, nothing more. Sitting at Jackson Hewitt tax office provides a much better environment than kiosks at WalMart stores.
Productive fun and educational
Office Manager (Current Employee), Harvey, LAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Talking to people and learning how to start a business from scratch
Cons: No health insurance and only a seasonal position
I enjoy working at Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. It gives me an opportunity to meet people with different cultures, people who just starting their own business and just people in general.
I loved working in a peaceful and quiet environment. I know what has to be done before I get to work.
Tax Associate (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 10, 2015
I have worked for JH for over 10 seasons. I opened and closed the store Monday-Saturday. I completed tax returns on a daily basis, I did daily accounting and cash balancing and postings if cash was taken on that day. You have to provide great customer service and professionalism to each customer for them to continue to return each and every year. I have learned over the years that a customer is not educated on the tax laws and I educate the customer as I am preparing their taxes. The last few years, I have only worked with a few co-workers and I had to help teach them. I feel good when I can get a customer a refund and not have to owe the government.

1 2 3 4 5

About Jackson Hewitt

For Jackson Hewitt, there's no season like tax season. The tax preparer, ranked #2 in the US behind  H&R Block, prepares tax returns – Read more

Jackson Hewitt Salaries