Jackson Hewitt Employee Reviews

Found 1,707 reviews matching the search
Fast-paced
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 18, 2017
The location I was assigned was Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart has a loud environment, and it was difficult at times to communicate with the customers. Stressful.
Pros
Good people to work with; customers friendly
Cons
Low pay; loud environment
nice place to work for
Tax Preparer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Starke, FLMay 18, 2017
seasonal work. lots of training and continued CE if hired.
loved my office manager she was very down to earth, helpful and knowledgeable. will be working back there this next season.
Call Center
Regional Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTMay 18, 2017
Managing a call center for a tax company is challenging due to the call volume changes weekly and keeping the office staffed with appropriately educated agents.
Pros
Flexible hours for staff and employees
Cons
Part time seasonal position for employees
Productive and enjoyable
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAMay 18, 2017
Working at Jackson-Hewitt helped me with improving my customer service skills. Being able to work with positive and kind coworkers was a plus. Although the position was temporary I was glad to be apart of it.
Tax Preparer/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2017
I have worked for this company for some time now and i love it if i had not moved Georgia
i would still be working for them.
I have learned a lot with this company
Jackson Hewitt was a great place to work.
Tax Preparer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 17, 2017
It was a temp position, but you are able to go back every year! You pretty much set your own schedule, and from what I hear every year you go back you get a raise. This is a seasonal position that normally lasts from around December or January through mid April.
I enjoyed working for Jackson Hewitt
Manager/Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2017
A typical day at work was opening up the store, greeting the customers internal and external and helping customers. I learned a lot because I was giving the proper training. I became a trainer as a result. The management was very very hands on. Many training classes, answers calls and kept everyone up to date. The workplace culture was great. I was even promoted after the 1st year. The hardest part of the job was having to leave. I was told by management to go home. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great people I worked with and for.
Pros
My own private office
Cons
no breaks
Fun and interesting place to work
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 16, 2017
This company really helped me when I was there. they teach you well and try their best to answer the questions you may have. The management work well with new interns and they are very friendly. I learned valuable experience regarding taxation and its laws. The work environment is great and every year, there are new upcoming students which makes it a diverse cultural workplace. Work can be challenging and stressful during tax season but the managers and supervisors really help a lot.
Pros
Excellent work environment
friendly
TAX PREPARER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 16, 2017
Customers were nice, they liked getting their refunds. The managers were good to work with and knew their jobs well. The worst was it was seasonal. The computer program was good.
Pros
friendly place
Cons
seasonal
work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2017
it was ok to work there very busy office //i cant remember anything else about this office because its been so long since i worked there. it was a seasonal position
Top Notch Company
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 15, 2017
Excellent to work for and with. Great Pay, Great Locations, Great Coworkers, Great environment. Great Schooling, Resources, and Advancement Opportunities.
It was part time
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glen Raven, NCMay 15, 2017
It was only seasonal. Short hrs. Meeting new people. Challenging alot of hard work filing dealing with money im used 2 dealing with alot of money. That's alot when dealing with refunds
Pros
Close early bonus
Cons
Staying last when approching dead line
knowledgable work environment, friendly atmosphere
Tax preparer (Current Employee) –  Springville, UT Orem, UT and American Fork, UTMay 13, 2017
JH was a fun place to work. Supervisors as well as coworkers knowledgeable in what they are doing and always willing to answer question. Gave training required to obtain the PTIN
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
not enough preparers to adequately staff all stations
Jacksone hewitt
Tax Preparation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 12, 2017
I had to prepare taxes and answer phone I loved my job. My supervisor and owner were great. We had end if year parties and the owner would help in any time if need.
Fun, fast paced, and enjoyable staff
Certified Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLMay 10, 2017
I loved going to work at Jackson Hewitt. Atypical day consisted of meeting new and old clients to review their tax documents and entered them in to an IRS approved website to determine the amount of taxes owed or earned. I was required to use due diligence as required from the IRS.

The hardest part of the job was when the season was over. Since this job was only seasonal, it made it difficult not having the office to go during off season. I was then offered a regular secretarial position to assist in the owner of this tax office. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new clients.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Being a seasonal job
Nice Office
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAMay 10, 2017
Enjoyed working in a quiet office . I like the fast pace during tax season. Enjoy working with other employees and training them. hardest part of job is telling clients they owe money to government when they weren't expecting that outcome.
Pros
Lunch break. Day and evening hours.
Cons
Heartwarming and Friendly people!
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 10, 2017
I absolutely loved working for Jackson Hewitt! Easy to use software and customers were always understanding and patient! The people that I worked with made sure that each and everyone was treated equally.
Pros
flexible, small, pay
this company are a pleasure to work with and make it enjoyable to come to work We all work hard and are recognized for doing so My co-workers and mana
Jackson Hewitt Tax (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMay 8, 2017
love the people I work beside. They are my family
Great people attract great people
I love having the freedom to experiment and fail, and still support my actions
We have been asked for an opinion on a regular basis, and we are allowed to speak our mind without fear
Tax Preparer
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 8, 2017
The tax system used is out of date, there is not enough support if you do have system issue's, very low pay, and management does not deal with conflict well
Pros
Learn Alll New Tax Laws
Cons
No Advancement, Low Salary
Great Job to have
Licensed Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Ruidoso Downs, NMMay 7, 2017
I really enjoy working at Jackson Hewitt because I love making people happy. For many people their tax refund is the biggest check they get all year and I am glad when I can get them more money or lower their tax bill. It is very rewarding work.
Pros
Self managed job
Cons
Long hours of no customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jackson Hewitt. Our community is ready to answer.