Jackson Hospital

Jackson Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Friendly environment and busy most times with periods of downtime
Unit Secretary/NST (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: lots of employee perks
Cons: work schedule
Labor and Delivery is a very busy and unpredictable environment with lots of new things to learn about pregnancy and childbirth. The nurses are very knowledgeable and experts in what they do. They are always willing to answer any questions that I may have about the unit. It's a fun environment and it's very enjoyable to meet and greet the soon to be moms when they come in to have their babies. There's really not anything too hard about the job. I'm very comfortable in my position but looking for something more challenging.
ok
Registered Nurse - Outpatient Services (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 27, 2015
ok place to work, management demands can be unrealistic at times. Co-workers are great, but it often feels that the care is not exactly patient centered.
Night Life
Patient Care Tech/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: benefits galore
Cons: unprofessional taddle tells that act like kids
A typical day here starts off at night 6:42pm. Typically fun to start off, but about 12midnight sleep creeps in. I have learned that working a night shift job requires much needed rest and getting use too, but it can be rewarding in the end. Be careful what you ask for because you never know when you're going to get it. Management is quite easy to get along with. My co workers for the most part was nice. Although some were messy. But you have that at all jobs. The hardest part of my job was being let go for something stupid when management said it was ok to do it. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new patients and establishing long lasting relationships with them outside of the hospital life.
Excellent place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (PRN) (Former Employee), Marianna, FLJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: wonderful attmosphere, competetive pay
Cons: no longer hiring lpns
Fun and friendly work environment. Excellent place to work!!
Oncology nursing is a calling and one place where you just dont work it is a heart and soul kind of job.
Oncology Nurse (Current Employee), Marianna, FLDecember 23, 2014
Pros: ablae to take off when needed. /nurses providing care were always the same omes.
Cons: noj room for advancement
I enjoy working with the oncology department which is a change from the 20 years within the management position. I provide safe, efficient and effective care to a culturally diverse population. Taking care of patients during the worse part of their life is rewarding and can also be very challenging. It is also rewarding as we give every day the best we have through laughter and compassion.
My team and I are able to provide care without any prejudices and have empathy and compassion for patients as well as for each other. The hardest part of my job is losing patients but the comfort is that they smiled and laughed and new the nurse providing care loved them as of they were their own family member.
Great Travel Position!
Jackson Nurse Professionals - Travel RN (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great coworkers and surgeons
Cons: distance from home
Great travel position! Great working environment, coworkers, physicians, and management
Great experience gained and awesome benefits!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJuly 15, 2014
Worked in collaboration with the doctors and staff to provide excellent patient care and customer service
good workplace
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), montgomery ,alabamaJuly 1, 2014
good working place to work at management is ok co workers are nice
Overall great place to work with good co-workers
Night shift (7pm-7am) nurse (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJune 30, 2014
Enjoy working at Jackson. Nursing support has been adequate and management has been good. I love my patients! Sometimes it is hard to complete all the work expected of you on time.
educational
Externship Medical Coding and Billing (Former Employee), Marianna, FLJune 28, 2014
I learned a lot from my externship in the medical records dept.
Good Working envoriment, and great pay.
hospital Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 12, 2014
Pros: the benifets
Cons: the moral
my experience in 2005 was great. Over the pass few years is not been a good experience. The pay and moral has gone down.
Better working environment
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJune 11, 2014
Pros: gift shop, and lunch can be payrolled
Cons: short break
I typical day at work is very business I deal with a lot of doctors trying to get them to complete delinquent charts,Prepare Payroll for submission to finance department,answering phone, opening mail, setting up meetings, ordering office supplies and coordinates repairs/maintenance for the department,assists with release of information request for patient, conduct compliance chart audits, assists in updating policies and procdeures, run daily reports pretaining to money owed to the hospital for finance and IS,etc. and distribute to adminstration.I have learned to be very patient when dealing with the doctors and my co-workers. Management in my department is not good I have to deal with a lot of negative talk that does not pretain to work. The hardest part of my job is working for someone that is very negative and I can not say anything because it may cause me my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is being the go to person and interacting with the physicians.
Unpleasant Experience
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 26, 2014
Pros: caring for patients
Cons: unwillingness of coworkers to help
Coworkers were very clique-ish and unwilling to help. Management showed favoritism. Hardest part of the job was lack of teamwork. Most enjoyable part of the day making a difference in patient's care.
ICU is awesome
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 14, 2014
Cons: few trauma patients
Came to ICU as a new grad. Learned so much in the short years I have been a nurse.
it was nice
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: eat when you can, 12 hour shifts
working at night was just as busy as working in the daytime. the management is unfair and show favoritism. co-workers for the most part was okay but the some can be very inconsiderate and cruel.
Great place
Monitor Technician (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 21, 2014
Wonderful Hospital great people everywhere. Enjoyed being there.
Great Place to work
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 21, 2014
Great Place to work. Just too far from home for me. It is a busy not for profit community hospital that serves the community well.
Loved it!
Staff RN Surgery (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 8, 2014
Well run OR with many specialty areas. The staff all got along and management worked as part of the team.
Fun place to work
Radiologic Technologist, Surgical Assistant (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: got laid off
Wonderful place to work, management was awesome, and learned a lot there.
Fun workplace
receptionist volunteer (Former Employee), Miami FLMarch 6, 2014
Pros: free lunche
Cons: healthcare
I enjoy the job with the people I met, andI learned how to manage my work too.

1 2 3