Jackson Hospital Employee Reviews

Workplace
Nursing Technician (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 9, 2015
This is a very nice facility to work. The employees are wonderful. Staffing is a little scarce on night shift and the twelve hour shifts are not the best.
Pros
Very wonderful staff
Cons
Extremely long hours
Lack of flexibility
Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 2, 2015
Jackson was my first job working in a pharmacy. Hospital pharmacy is challenging, which was great for me. I love challenges, Jackson hospital pharmacy gave many and tested my knowledge. This job help me to really learn more about what I was interested in, learning about drugs and their interactions. I love dealing hands on with things, rather it is working in a laboratory or outside. Filing prescriptions and IV's was a great experience. The only thing I disliked about Jackson was it did not work well with my hours. I was lacking in my studies and falling short with my assignments.
Emergency Room - Nurses Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 16, 2015
The atmosphere was very loving and caring. You have to be quick on your feet and try to solve the issue at hand. The people are generous to your needs. The experience was a unique and different one.
Bad experience
RN (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 10, 2015
I worked here for 7 months. The bad was terrible and the patient ratios were too high! I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
bad pay and bad work conditions
Nursing Student Experience
Clinical Experience - Psychiatrics (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 20, 2015
Very great learning environment. The nurses are very eager to teach. Enjoyed all my clinicals and the system at JMH. Would love to be part of Jackson Health and UHealth.
new nurse in med/surg and SDU
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLOctober 18, 2015
loved hospital setting and the support from the experienced nurses and physicians, direct patient care, assessments, documentation and interaction with families
Pros
enjoyed direct patient contact
Cons
shift work and became pregnant with first child
PRODUCTIVE ENVIROMENT
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 8, 2015
I LOVED WORKING AT JACKSON..ENVIRONMENT WAS FRIENDLY BUT HECTIC AT TIMES. VERY COMPETITIVE BUT FULFILLING AND I LOVE THEIR TEAM NURSING CARE FOR THE PATIENTS.
Pros
MEALS REASONABLY PRICED AND NIGHT DAYCARE AVAILABLE
Cons
BREAKS ARE A GIFT
they sucks
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 4, 2015
they take out to much money out your pay check. we dont get no raises.and the work load is triple your pay.when u do a outstandable job at work they dont reconize you for what you do.
Cons
All staff is very nice and easy to get along with
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 17, 2015
Its refreshing that as a volunteer I am truly valued from the department(s) I work in to management noticing. The give us a luncheon every year for appreciation and go all out. Catered, in a nice location, and a gift. I would be fine with a special lunch at the hospital. Volunteers get their lunch free the days they work. I even like that upper management knows volunteer names and calls you by name. That's nice. I feel helpful and not just giving them free labor. I would recommend Jackson Hospital for anyone looking to volunteer.
Pros
free lunches, nice people
Patient Care and Highly Paced Environment
Radiologist Technologist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 6, 2015
Radiographer for the OR, ER, and floor patients. Management was poor. Hardest part of the job was co-workers did not get along
great work place
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 13, 2015
receiving blood and fecal samples, entering them into the computer, ordering test in the Mayo system, faxing important papers to different doctors. I enjoyed my co-workers we had fun at work and got our jobs done. The hardest part was learning the new system but I have learned a lot of things at the job. The enjoyable part was seeing all the different departments in the Lab.
A good Company to work for
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 3, 2015
 Omnicell Technician - Do all special projects with Omnicell Machine
 Procured and distributed medication orders per physician request, according to established policies
 Filled physician orders, care packages, and medication carts
 Delivered medications and supplies to patient care areas accurately per established schedule
 Maintained Adequate stock of medications and supplies according to established policies and procedures
 Assisted with orders, receiving, unpacking and storing drugs and supplies in appropriate locations
 PacMed Packaging , Connector Rx, PacMed server
fun work environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 30, 2015
great and fun work environment. great workers
I learned a lot from co-workers. there is no hardest part of the job. every thing was simple.
Pros
clean environment
working at jackson
Sterile Processing Technician/surgical tech (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 10, 2015
enjoyed utilizing both of my skills as a surgical tech and days when I worked as a central sterile tech the lead tech was great to work with and the entire staff
Pros
utilizing both of my skills
Cons
had to many difeerennt shifts hours to work
a productive place to work
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 9, 2015
A typical work day consists of entering medication orders and dispensing medications to patients. Kinetic dosing and renal dosing are also reqired of staff pharmacists.
productive environment great place to work
Pathology Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 20, 2015
Start by going to your desk and starting the work. Processing specimens and talking to the nurses just to get work done. Co-workers as well do what is needed. The management makes sure you get what is needed to finish the task successfully..
Learning Enviroment with Constant Learning Chances/Experiences
RN on the Orthopedic and Neurological Floor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 16, 2015
Typical day at work; What I learned; Management: Providing direct and indirect patient care for 6 to 18 patients per shift; competing assessments, admissions, and discharges; interacting with physicians, members of the healthcare team, patients, and patients’ family members; performing Team Lead/Charge Nurse duties, including initiating, modifying, and following through on care plans, managing the nursing care team for the shift, and monitoring the care of 16 to 18 patients per shift; providing post-operative care to patients following orthopedic surgeries; providing pre-operative care to patients before orthopedic surgeries; performing various nursing skills, including inserting NG tubes, starting IVs, accessing ports, removing central lines, epidurals, and PICC lines, administering blood products, managing PCA/PCEA pumps, performing wound care, administering tube feedings, and administering IV, IM, SQ, oral, and rectal medications
Co-Workers: Worked together as a team
Hardest part of job: Hours vs Pay
Most enjoyable part of job: The constant changing of patients and learning new skills consistently.
Pros
Learning new skills and Constant changes
Cons
Hours vs Pay
Not a bad place to work
Endoscopy Tech/ Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 1, 2015
Just need more fairness amongst employees. Overall not a bad place to work. I really loved my department that I worked in.
Great teamwork!
ER Staff Nurse/Psychiatric Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery ALMarch 27, 2015
When I worked there, we had a great crew with wonderful teamwork. So many times, we would just band together and get the day done.
Friendly environment and busy most times with periods of downtime
Unit Secretary/NST (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 27, 2015
Labor and Delivery is a very busy and unpredictable environment with lots of new things to learn about pregnancy and childbirth. The nurses are very knowledgeable and experts in what they do. They are always willing to answer any questions that I may have about the unit. It's a fun environment and it's very enjoyable to meet and greet the soon to be moms when they come in to have their babies. There's really not anything too hard about the job. I'm very comfortable in my position but looking for something more challenging.
Pros
lots of employee perks
Cons
work schedule