Jackson Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Short Staff
Nursing Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 23, 2016
When the floors are short staffed, they will pull a work from another floor to do all the work on the floor by his/her self. I think the management could do better than what they are doing with scheduling.
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
Short Staff
Awesome place as a whole, did not like my department.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 18, 2016
I was a unit clerk/secretary for the Emergency Department.

I learned how to calmly handle distraught family members of patients, how to request beds for admitted patients, and some medical terminology.

The management and higher up people were very friendly and understanding. There were opportunities to transfer and move up.

I disliked the nurses I worked with. They were usually rude towards me when I asked questions, and I often observed them being rude to patients. I understand that some of the attitude comes from working in the Emergency Department because it is a high stress environment, so I never held it against them.

I enjoyed working there for the experience of working in a medical setting, which will help me in the future after I graduate. I wouldn't have left if it weren't for a family emergency.
Pros
Flexible schedule, friendly management, many benefits opportunities
Cons
Short lunch, not enough walking around (desk job)
Great co-workers
ICU Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 6, 2016
I have enjoyed working here. It has been quite rough with the nursing shortage and things have been very unorganized. WIth the help of my co-workers, it have been great having them behind me to care for ICU patients.
productive, a place with new beginnings
Surgical Technologist Externship (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 25, 2016
hardest part of the job was that i had to learn the new methods or how things are done with the surgeon. typical day at work was very busy and fast pace environment.
great
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  miami flApril 2, 2016
great opportunity to meet different people and giving doctors info and also helping patients out. I had a great experience as well
Productive and great patient population
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 22, 2016
Patients and staff were great to work with. Staff was quick to assist when needed. Benefits were excellent. Management also assisted when short staffed
Pros
Staff
good job
Patient Support Tech (Current Employee) –  AlabamaMarch 1, 2016
unpredictable
flexible for people in school
3 days a week
advancement (boxed)
team work and friendly faces at times
monthly schedules
monthly updates
turnover high
every other weekend off
point system
round the clock security
Pros
free lunches at times for appreciation
Cons
boxed/ advancements
Enjoyed working with Patients
Marianna Florida- Phlebotomy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLFebruary 4, 2016
Draw blood, oversee other phlebotomist, stock, answer phones, file paperwork, schedule patients ,order supplies. payroll.
Workplace
Nursing Technician (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 9, 2015
This is a very nice facility to work. The employees are wonderful. Staffing is a little scarce on night shift and the twelve hour shifts are not the best.
Pros
Very wonderful staff
Cons
Extremely long hours
Lack of flexibility
Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 2, 2015
Jackson was my first job working in a pharmacy. Hospital pharmacy is challenging, which was great for me. I love challenges, Jackson hospital pharmacy gave many and tested my knowledge. This job help me to really learn more about what I was interested in, learning about drugs and their interactions. I love dealing hands on with things, rather it is working in a laboratory or outside. Filing prescriptions and IV's was a great experience. The only thing I disliked about Jackson was it did not work well with my hours. I was lacking in my studies and falling short with my assignments.
Emergency Room - Nurses Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 16, 2015
The atmosphere was very loving and caring. You have to be quick on your feet and try to solve the issue at hand. The people are generous to your needs. The experience was a unique and different one.
Bad experience
RN (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 10, 2015
I worked here for 7 months. The bad was terrible and the patient ratios were too high! I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
bad pay and bad work conditions
Nursing Student Experience
Clinical Experience - Psychiatrics (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 20, 2015
Very great learning environment. The nurses are very eager to teach. Enjoyed all my clinicals and the system at JMH. Would love to be part of Jackson Health and UHealth.
new nurse in med/surg and SDU
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLOctober 18, 2015
loved hospital setting and the support from the experienced nurses and physicians, direct patient care, assessments, documentation and interaction with families
Pros
enjoyed direct patient contact
Cons
shift work and became pregnant with first child
Productive enviroment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 8, 2015
I loved working at jackson..Environment was friendly but hectic at times. Very competitive but fulfilling and I love their team nursing care for the patients.
Pros
MEALS REASONABLY PRICED AND NIGHT DAYCARE AVAILABLE
Cons
BREAKS ARE A GIFT
they sucks
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 4, 2015
they take out to much money out your pay check. we dont get no raises.and the work load is triple your pay.when u do a outstandable job at work they dont reconize you for what you do.
Cons
All staff is very nice and easy to get along with
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 17, 2015
Its refreshing that as a volunteer I am truly valued from the department(s) I work in to management noticing. The give us a luncheon every year for appreciation and go all out. Catered, in a nice location, and a gift. I would be fine with a special lunch at the hospital. Volunteers get their lunch free the days they work. I even like that upper management knows volunteer names and calls you by name. That's nice. I feel helpful and not just giving them free labor. I would recommend Jackson Hospital for anyone looking to volunteer.
Pros
free lunches, nice people
Patient Care and Highly Paced Environment
Radiologist Technologist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 6, 2015
Radiographer for the OR, ER, and floor patients. Management was poor. Hardest part of the job was co-workers did not get along
great work place
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 13, 2015
receiving blood and fecal samples, entering them into the computer, ordering test in the Mayo system, faxing important papers to different doctors. I enjoyed my co-workers we had fun at work and got our jobs done. The hardest part was learning the new system but I have learned a lot of things at the job. The enjoyable part was seeing all the different departments in the Lab.
A good Company to work for
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 3, 2015
 Omnicell Technician - Do all special projects with Omnicell Machine
 Procured and distributed medication orders per physician request, according to established policies
 Filled physician orders, care packages, and medication carts
 Delivered medications and supplies to patient care areas accurately per established schedule
 Maintained Adequate stock of medications and supplies according to established policies and procedures
 Assisted with orders, receiving, unpacking and storing drugs and supplies in appropriate locations
 PacMed Packaging , Connector Rx, PacMed server