Jackson Hospital Employee Reviews

great work enviroment
Sterile Processing Tech Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 30, 2017
Busy productive work in sterile processing. Challenging too keep up the doctors daily changing demands. Poor management heads.
Great Place
Student Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLDecember 29, 2016
Jackson hospital is a great place to work and learn new things. I learned a lot of different things while I was studying there and met a lot of new people. I also learned a lot of different critical thinking techniques.
Nice Place to Work
Hospital Clinical Hours (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 29, 2016
Good place to work with flexible hours and good benefits with time off. Good work relation ship with coworkers and supervisors. Room for advancement within company depending on position held..
Pros
Extended Lunch Breaks
Cons
Lack of Pay Raises
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 27, 2016
typical work day, come to work and work. get everything done in a timely manner. workers are helpful. everybody is willing to help in any way that they can.
Productive environment!
Internship (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 19, 2016
Interning here was a great experience. After coming in I was authorized to shadow my supervisor. Lunch breaks were given everyday at 12:30 followed viewing the patients charts afterwards. Great enviroment.
Pros
Enthused environment!
Cons
n/a
Busy ER, little opportunity for advancement, good employees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marianna, FLOctober 28, 2016
Not a bad ER, busy like all the rest of them. 8 bed fast track, 9 bed ER. Needs more beds and ancillary staff. 12 hr days or nights optional. ER works 7 on and 7 off. That's 7 12 hr days on, then off for 7 days. By days 6-7 you're worn out.
Pros
Seven days on and seven days OFF
Cons
Seven days ON and seven days off
Productive and educational environment
Preceptorship/Student Nurse in Med-Surg (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLAugust 30, 2016
Jackson Hospital allows for employees to advance with education offering to pay for college. The coworkers and management offer a friendly atmosphere to everyone they come into contact with.
i liked my job
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLAugust 9, 2016
I enjoyed going to work I never had a bad day . I loved my patients and my co workers. It was a pleasure working with everyone and u learn a lot working in the E.R
Pros
no u had to but your lunch
Cons
nothing
Nice place to work
Medical Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 4, 2016
Great team of coworkers, pay could be better. We often receive employee appreciation lunches and also have monthly birthday bashes.
Pros
NICE WORK ENVIRONMENT
Cons
LOW PAY
Wonderful place to work
Float Pool RN/ House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 13, 2016
I enjoyed working with at that time older nurses who gave patient centered care. Caring for the patient and the family was very important to the group of nurses I worked with.
Short Staff
Nursing Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 23, 2016
When the floors are short staffed, they will pull a work from another floor to do all the work on the floor by his/her self. I think the management could do better than what they are doing with scheduling.
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
Short Staff
Awesome place as a whole, did not like my department.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 18, 2016
I was a unit clerk/secretary for the Emergency Department.

I learned how to calmly handle distraught family members of patients, how to request beds for admitted patients, and some medical terminology.

The management and higher up people were very friendly and understanding. There were opportunities to transfer and move up.

I disliked the nurses I worked with. They were usually rude towards me when I asked questions, and I often observed them being rude to patients. I understand that some of the attitude comes from working in the Emergency Department because it is a high stress environment, so I never held it against them.

I enjoyed working there for the experience of working in a medical setting, which will help me in the future after I graduate. I wouldn't have left if it weren't for a family emergency.
Pros
Flexible schedule, friendly management, many benefits opportunities
Cons
Short lunch, not enough walking around (desk job)
Great co-workers
ICU Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 6, 2016
I have enjoyed working here. It has been quite rough with the nursing shortage and things have been very unorganized. WIth the help of my co-workers, it have been great having them behind me to care for ICU patients.
productive, a place with new beginnings
Surgical Technologist Externship (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 25, 2016
hardest part of the job was that i had to learn the new methods or how things are done with the surgeon. typical day at work was very busy and fast pace environment.
great
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  miami flApril 2, 2016
great opportunity to meet different people and giving doctors info and also helping patients out. I had a great experience as well
Productive and great patient population
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 22, 2016
Patients and staff were great to work with. Staff was quick to assist when needed. Benefits were excellent. Management also assisted when short staffed
Pros
Staff
good job
Patient Support Tech (Current Employee) –  AlabamaMarch 1, 2016
unpredictable
flexible for people in school
3 days a week
advancement (boxed)
team work and friendly faces at times
monthly schedules
monthly updates
turnover high
every other weekend off
point system
round the clock security
Pros
free lunches at times for appreciation
Cons
boxed/ advancements
Enjoyed working with Patients
Marianna Florida- Phlebotomy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLFebruary 4, 2016
Draw blood, oversee other phlebotomist, stock, answer phones, file paperwork, schedule patients ,order supplies. payroll.
Workplace
Nursing Technician (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 9, 2015
This is a very nice facility to work. The employees are wonderful. Staffing is a little scarce on night shift and the twelve hour shifts are not the best.
Pros
Very wonderful staff
Cons
Extremely long hours
Lack of flexibility
Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 2, 2015
Jackson was my first job working in a pharmacy. Hospital pharmacy is challenging, which was great for me. I love challenges, Jackson hospital pharmacy gave many and tested my knowledge. This job help me to really learn more about what I was interested in, learning about drugs and their interactions. I love dealing hands on with things, rather it is working in a laboratory or outside. Filing prescriptions and IV's was a great experience. The only thing I disliked about Jackson was it did not work well with my hours. I was lacking in my studies and falling short with my assignments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jackson Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.