Jackson National Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews in United States

Butts in the seat
Client Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 13, 2016
If you're looking to get SerIes 6 and 7 FINRA registered, Jackson is a good stopping point. I've worked in call center environments in different capacities for over 10 years, and never have I experienced a place like Jackson. Very little room for advancement OUTSIDE of the Service Center, even with an advanced degree. If you do apply for an internal position, you're required to notify your current manager, which results in excessive harrassment in an effort to thwart your aspirations. High management turnover, constant turnover of call reps, probably because they hire people with advanced degrees and only want to start their pay at $15 and some change. The compensation is laughable for the amount of information you're required to know and the level of quality expected on every call. The Lansing office received huge tax breaks for their recent expansion, but none of those savings were rolled down to the employees. Pay increases during annual reviews are minimal, breaks and lunches are taken away during peak call seasons, and they couldn't care less about a work/family balance.

I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone. Save your sanity. I'm so glad I left!
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, company-sponsored FINRA registration
Cons
Lack of true leadership, dishonest, unprofessional leadership, poor wages, very little room for advancement
Jnl
Remittance Processor II (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 13, 2016
Good company to work for, though it's a big company, they make you feel like that you're working with family.The opportunity for advancement is encouraged.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work culture, retirement
Cons
Starting pay
Good workplace with growing opportunites
Strategic Support Associate/Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJanuary 6, 2016
Great and growing company. Good culture and management. Lot's of opportunities. Can get tedious at time if doing computer work, but plenty of opportunities outside of that area.
A typical day includes
Storage Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 13, 2015
A typical day starts with review alerts in our Nagios monitoring environment, reviewing overnight emails, BMC change control requests and monitoring the server side of Tivoli Storage Mager.
Jackson
Director - Operational Risk Management (Present) (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 7, 2015
Great place to work, by far and away the best in the mid-Michigan area. Great culture, benefits and people. Love the pace. Management rewards hard work and creative thought.
Pros
Culture, People, Benefits
Great staff
Brokerage Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesJune 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day is that l get to work with a great team. We're very big on team building and doing our best to provide the best service to our representatives and clients.
Dynamic workplace where there is always something to learn
Office Manager / Product Administrator (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJMarch 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job has been that the office is so small (6 people) that I have learned to wear many different hats and every day is different. I could be working on an audit request, a bid request, applying to state licenses, researching state regulations for contracts, ordering office supplies, reviewing and approving invoices or updating PowerPoint slides and excel spreadsheets.

I learned about the Group Annuity insurance business including client relations, contract administration, state licensing and compliance to name a few things.

The hardest part of the job is my 3 hour round trip commute and sometimes the office seems too small. It would be nice to have interaction with more people.
Pros
Many responsibilities so the work never gets boring
Cons
long commute
Looked forward to going to work every day
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 14, 2015
The most fulfilling position I have ever held. I would have stayed indefinitely if family illness had not required me to relocate to North Carolina.
Pros
College Tuition for my two children paid by company
Cons
Good workplace,good work cluture,Helpful colleague
Role - Cyberlife Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 20, 2015
Good workplace,good work cluture,Helpful colleague,Good facility,Good pay.Hardest part is to keep 24*7 working expectation
Secure place to work
Data Entry Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 6, 2015
Jackson's hiring strategy makes it a secure place to work. They hire only the associates needed. Because of this, as an employee, you will be busy most of the time.
Processor I
Processor I (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 2, 2014
Processes standard policy or contract/policyholder transactions using documented procedures and multiple software applications. Ensures transactions are in "good order" for processing.
-Identifies and escalates issues for resolution when necessary.
-Communicates with internal associates and external customers or agents regarding outstanding requirements or the status of an application or transaction.
Great Company / Decent Job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 18, 2014
Jackson as a company is great. The benefits and pay are great. My coworkers are awesome. Everyone is supportive and helpful. The resources provide a wealth of information and the training is very helpful.

With all that being said, the reality is it is a call center job with all the ups and downs that come along with that.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 10, 2014
Provided customer service
Transferred outgoing annuities
answering multi-line telephones
filing
faxing

I only worked at JNL for a couple of years
but I learned a lot from the company regarding annuities
I had a wonderful management team and great coworkers
Speaking with the most nicest people on the phone and
helping them with their annuities.
Pros
the people i worked with
This is a review for INVEST Financial in Tampa, FL (owned by Jackson)
drone (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2014
INVEST Financial is the lowest paying financial institution in the St Pete/Tampa area. Unlike most other super low paying companies, this company is somehow thriving. If they weren’t so greedy, they could easily pay more respectable salaries and stay within their budget. However, the upper management here sincerely believes that people show up to work for reasons other than to receive a paycheck. Managers here often say that the employees don’t need to be paid fairly because they are at INVEST for “opportunity for growth,” “love of the game,” “self-fulfillment,” and other such nonsense.

Unfortunately, you’ll find no fulfillment being constantly micromanaged and only being assigned menial tasks. For example, it isn’t uncommon for a rookie employee to be assigned to spell-check and write emails for their manager. Most management here is illiterate, and grammar mistakes run rampant in company-wide email. In addition to illiteracy, you’ll find that most of the management here either doesn’t have the proper FINRA licenses to hold their position, or have lovely glamour shots on www.mugshots.com

What does this all mean? It means that the managers here can never get hired anywhere else, which of course means that you can never be promoted to management. Even if there was any room for growth here, the maximum pay increase on any promotion is 10% of your wimpy salary. This is soul crushing because if you work here, then you’re only making peanuts, and 10% of peanuts is still only peanuts.

The only good thing about this goofy place is that they will sponsor ANYONE for a Series 7 license
  more... and pay for the books. Once you get your Series 7, you can walk out the door the very next day with absolutely no penalties. You owe it to yourself and your family to get paid what you are worth, so get your Series 7 and go apply to USAA, Raymond James, Merrill Lynch, Franklin Templeton, JW Cole, Transamerica, NY Life, TRowe Price, or any company in the area that respects their employees enough to pay livable wages.
So get in, get your Series 7, and GET OUT!
Great Company with room for advancement.
Processor I (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 9, 2014
Jackson has great hours and with lots of opportunities for voluntary overtime. I enjoy my co-workers and the culture at Jackson is a positive one. The management is generally understanding and facilitating to employees attempting to moving up within in the company.
Family Orientation
Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 30, 2014
While interning at Jackson, I discovered that you can have a career and a life outside your job. Jackson believe in working together to accomplish the same goal just like a family would.
Pros
life balance
Perfect job for someone with no kids
Operations Processor (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 26, 2014
Sitting inside a cube all day long, management is a joke, `turnaround is high, no work/life balance.
It was a fun work place to work and the work hours were flexiable
Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MI 49283February 11, 2014
It has been so long ago. I remember I learned so much about the police and procedures for license agents to sell products for the company. There was nothing to hard about the job and enjoyable moments the is meeting new people.
Pros
college reinbursement health care package
SOS temporary associate
Strategic Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 10, 2014
I work in multiple business units at Jackson National Life. They are a great company to work for! I have worked for Jackson for 4 years and I am 100% work at home. They allow me a flexible schedule and the management is very understanding of my limited availability. This company is great for people working and going to school.
Pros
set your own schedule/ wah access
Cons
compensation is not industry standard/ upward mobility is limited
Productive workpace
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 2, 2013
Large company, I worked in the death claims department. JNL offered lots of opportunities for advancement and learning. They have a great cafeteria and show interest in employee well being