Jackson National Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Dynamic workplace where there is always something to learn
Office Manager / Product Administrator (Current Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Many responsibilities so the work never gets boring
Cons: long commute
The most enjoyable part of my job has been that the office is so small (6 people) that I have learned to wear many different hats and every day is different. I could be working on an audit request, a – more... bid request, applying to state licenses, researching state regulations for contracts, ordering office supplies, reviewing and approving invoices or updating PowerPoint slides and excel spreadsheets.

I learned about the Group Annuity insurance business including client relations, contract administration, state licensing and compliance to name a few things.

The hardest part of the job is my 3 hour round trip commute and sometimes the office seems too small. It would be nice to have interaction with more people. – less
Looked forward to going to work every day
Compliance Manager (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 14, 2015
Pros: College Tuition for my two children paid by company
Cons: Location
The most fulfilling position I have ever held. I would have stayed indefinitely if family illness had not required me to relocate to North Carolina.
Good workplace,good work cluture,Helpful colleague
Role - Cyberlife Software Developer (Current Employee), Lansing, MIFebruary 20, 2015
Good workplace,good work cluture,Helpful colleague,Good facility,Good pay.Hardest part is to keep 24*7 working expectation
Secure place to work
Data Entry Specialist II (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 6, 2015
Jackson's hiring strategy makes it a secure place to work. They hire only the associates needed. Because of this, as an employee, you will be busy most of the time.
Processor I
Processor I (Former Employee), Franklin, TNOctober 2, 2014
Processes standard policy or contract/policyholder transactions using documented procedures and multiple software applications. Ensures transactions are in "good order" for processing.
-Identifies and – more... escalates issues for resolution when necessary.
-Communicates with internal associates and external customers or agents regarding outstanding requirements or the status of an application or transaction. – less
Great Company / Decent Job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Franklin, TNSeptember 18, 2014
Jackson as a company is great. The benefits and pay are great. My coworkers are awesome. Everyone is supportive and helpful. The resources provide a wealth of information and the training is very helpful.

With all that being said, the reality is it is a call center job with all the ups and downs that come along with that.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 10, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with
Provided customer service
Transferred outgoing annuities
answering multi-line telephones
filing
faxing

I only worked at JNL for a couple of years
but I learned a lot from the company regarding annuities
I had a wonderful management team and great coworkers
Speaking with the most nicest people on the phone and
helping them with their annuities.
This is a review for INVEST Financial in Tampa, FL (owned by Jackson)
drone (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2014
INVEST Financial is the lowest paying financial institution in the St Pete/Tampa area. Unlike most other super low paying companies, this company is somehow thriving. If they weren’t so greedy, they could – more... easily pay more respectable salaries and stay within their budget. However, the upper management here sincerely believes that people show up to work for reasons other than to receive a paycheck. Managers here often say that the employees don’t need to be paid fairly because they are at INVEST for “opportunity for growth,” “love of the game,” “self-fulfillment,” and other such nonsense.

Unfortunately, you’ll find no fulfillment being constantly micromanaged and only being assigned menial tasks. For example, it isn’t uncommon for a rookie employee to be assigned to spell-check and write emails for their manager. Most management here is illiterate, and grammar mistakes run rampant in company-wide email. In addition to illiteracy, you’ll find that most of the management here either doesn’t have the proper FINRA licenses to hold their position, or have lovely glamour shots on www.mugshots.com

What does this all mean? It means that the managers here can never get hired anywhere else, which of course means that you can never be promoted to management. Even if there was any room for growth here, the maximum pay increase on any promotion is 10% of your wimpy salary. This is soul crushing because if you work here, then you’re only making peanuts, and 10% of peanuts is still only peanuts.

The only good thing about this goofy place is that they will sponsor ANYONE for a Series 7 license and pay for the books. Once you get your Series 7, you can walk out the door the very next day with absolutely no penalties. You owe it to yourself and your family to get paid what you are worth, so get your Series 7 and go apply to USAA, Raymond James, Merrill Lynch, Franklin Templeton, JW Cole, Transamerica, NY Life, TRowe Price, or any company in the area that respects their employees enough to pay livable wages.
So get in, get your Series 7, and GET OUT! – less
Great Company with room for advancement.
Processor I (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 9, 2014
Jackson has great hours and with lots of opportunities for voluntary overtime. I enjoy my co-workers and the culture at Jackson is a positive one. The management is generally understanding and facilitating to employees attempting to moving up within in the company.
Family Orientation
Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMay 30, 2014
Pros: life balance
While interning at Jackson, I discovered that you can have a career and a life outside your job. Jackson believe in working together to accomplish the same goal just like a family would.
Perfect job for someone with no kids
Operations Processor (Current Employee), Franklin, TNMay 26, 2014
Sitting inside a cube all day long, management is a joke, `turnaround is high, no work/life balance.
It was a fun work place to work and the work hours were flexiable
Licensing Specialist (Former Employee), Okemos, MI 49283February 11, 2014
Pros: college reinbursement health care package
It has been so long ago. I remember I learned so much about the police and procedures for license agents to sell products for the company. There was nothing to hard about the job and enjoyable moments the is meeting new people.
SOS temporary associate
Strategic Support Associate (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: set your own schedule/ wah access
Cons: compensation is not industry standard/ upward mobility is limited
I work in multiple business units at Jackson National Life. They are a great company to work for! I have worked for Jackson for 4 years and I am 100% work at home. They allow me a flexible schedule and the management is very understanding of my limited availability. This company is great for people working and going to school.
Productive and fun environment.
Developer (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 7, 2014
I learn new things. Management is little bit strict in rules. And co-worker are so helpful.
Productive workpace
Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Lansing, MIAugust 2, 2013
Large company, I worked in the death claims department. JNL offered lots of opportunities for advancement and learning. They have a great cafeteria and show interest in employee well being
Great Company overall
Customer Service Expert (Service Associate) (Former Employee), Lansing MiJuly 19, 2013
Pros: great pay great benefits
Cons: cancelled brakes and some times lunches. require you to remember to much and make changes daily
Jackson is a great company over all. The Call Center has a poor culture, poor leadership
fast paced and sometimes intense place to work
Reissue Clerk (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMay 10, 2013
There was always work to do, and I was on a strict timeline. Because agents were working on strictly commission, I needed to be able to get everything to them as quickly as possible so clients could complete – more... any necessary medical tests or arrange whatever was needed so the underwriting process could take place. I was trained as an underwriter and could underwrite up to $50,000.00 policies on my own without sending policies to senior underwriters. Management in some cases could be "clueless" with regard to what was needed to happen before a policy could be reissued. As in most places of employment there were co-workers that were great to work with, and others not so much. But whatever was asked of me and whoever I had to work with, I did so without question. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually learning new things and being promoted without even knowing that someone in another department thought so highly of me and my work ethic that they personally requested me. All-in-all I enjoyed working for the company. – less
First job out of college
Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 20, 2013
Pros: pleasant environment
Cons: low pay
Was a great introduction to corporate world. Very educational and cared about employee growth.

Work day started 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Managers and employees were all helpful and accomodating. Company place employees' concerns as a priority. Happy employees, high production.
Dynamic and high pressure environment. not a team atmosphere.
Wholesaler (Former Employee), Lansing, MIFebruary 1, 2013
constantly changing managerial structure and reporting hierarchy. very competitive environment, I was employed there at a very tumultuous time for the company.
Nice work atmosphere
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: investment in equipment, bonuses, insurance, short and long term disability, interesting and informative work that was relevant and helpful to your own personal life.
Cons: tied to a computer work station for the duration of your shift
This company invests a lot in their employees. It provides individual work stations equipped with computers, head-sets, phones, files, fax, and any other items needed to complete your work. The insurance and benefits and bonuses were nice and the Monday thru Friday work week provided a fantastic life and work balance.