Jackson National Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Do not work there
Business Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 28, 2017
I had a horrible experience with management. I worked there for 9 years and hated every minute. They are disrespectful to the employees and the pay is low.
Pros
Worked from Home
Micro Managed senior professional
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Okemos, MINovember 26, 2017
Calls back to back to back. System failures often caused by not thoroughly testing updates before applying them. Management is short sighted. The hardest part of the job is getting to the end of the day.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
managment
Not a bad place to work
Home Office Principal (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 6, 2017
Sold BD to LPL - No longer able to work at Jackson. The company I worked at was actually NPC - Since Jackson has sold the broker/dealer, I had no choice but to move on.
Great benefits
Processor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 21, 2017
The benefits we're great, but working in new business is stressful and very fast paced. But they have a great cafeteria and barista on site with great people working there.
Pros
Benefits, people, walking trail
Cons
Stressful, micromanaged
productive
Licensing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 28, 2017
good culture, everyone is very friendly and easy to work with. They give you lots of chance to better yourself and improve on your work ethic, as well as different ways to move up in the company.
Hard to Beat
INTERNAL WHOLESALER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2017
Jackson National offers a great opportunity to start your career and flourish there for life. Whether or not you took finance in college does not matter. In fact, Jackson likes bringing in people from all different backgrounds. The training is provided and assuming you put the effort in to obtain the licenses, you'll get your shot to advance every step of the way.
Lots of old systems
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 4, 2017
Initially with product support which was varied and fast paced. Later worked on a conversion. Jackson National was in the process of converting products from an old Vantage system to CYBERLIFE.
Pros
Tele-comute 2 weeks of the month
Cons
Traveling to Lansing.
Good company
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 21, 2017
When i work there they were a great company to work for great. Benefits and people to be around. Everyone helped one another to be better so that the company was better
Multi billion dollar company, leader in financial planning
Financial Disbursements Processor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 3, 2017
The working area is great. Excellent cafeteria with great food and choices. Loved the salad bar. Great co-workers for the most part. Very good benefits. Raises are based on your own performance as well as bonuses annually.
Not all what it seems to be
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 8, 2017
I've been here for 12 years and in that time the company has definitely grown but their appreciation for their employees has dropped. They do provide great benefits and the pay, depending on the department you are in, is great but the way they treat you is disrespectful. If you work in the Call Center you NOT get a lunch. Instead you are told to eat when you are not on a call. Well that is never. The phones are always ringing. You get 5 minute breaks to scarf your food down. The compensation for you hard work on skipping your lunches is rewarded by an ice cream sandwich. WOW. HR is to be desired. Their hiring process is a disgrace. The Data Center of the company is a terrible place to work. You will not have a life. Rotating schedules from front end of the week to back end of the week to nights to days. Management will always say you are not doing enough but will have no problem trusting you to work alone. Also they could care less about your personal life. If you call in they make it a point to know why and treat you with disrespect if you don't tell them. A lot of favoritism. I myself am looking to leave ASAP. The company has changed.
benefits
Cons
Everything else
good work
Strategic Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 3, 2017
overall great company that is growing and providing employees with the tools to succeed. worked as a job while in school and it went right along with my degree.
Real productive environment and fun place
Claim Management Accelerator (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 25, 2017
Loved working here and sure you will too. Working here helped me learning a lot for my self. Had a good and cooperative team to work with and i had my time learning and having fun.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Short breaks
Good Company
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 12, 2017
I went through 3 months of training to become a Client Service Advocate. I passed all my test and did good with assessments. Unfortunately because I had a lien on my record from almost 7 years ago I was not allowed to take the Series 6 test that is required. I knew people that had DUIs on their record that they allowed to pass through. It was difficult to get the documentation from the court because it was so old. The management didn't really care about that and didn't try to find me a new position and there were some available. But now I'm at a job making almost $20 a hour doing something I love so it worked out perfectly.
Pros
Cafeteria and some nice people
Cons
Working through breaks and lunches
Good experience
Strategic Support Associate (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIApril 9, 2017
My experience overall was nice. I took this job while in college and management was very understanding and understood that my education came first. It was a nice experience.
Field Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 13, 2017
JNL is a great place to work. The Field Staff position allowed me to tell them what hours worked best for me so that I could still care for my family.
Great place to work!
Strategic Support Associate (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJanuary 25, 2017
Great benefits, room for advancement, 401k benefits even if part time, work with your schedule, great place to meet new friends! Overall great place to work!
I loved all the gift cards I received
Senior Trade Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2017
Highly visible position, lots of exposure to other departments and upper management. Good management team. Close knit and fun unit to work with, although it could be stressful at times, having fun and understanding co-workers can go a long way...
Flexible
Strategic Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 27, 2016
This is a great job for students, especially graduate students! They provide an enormous amount of flexibility. My program often has events that pop up with little notice and Jackson is great at accommodating my schedule.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Can be monotonous
great place to work
Broker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 17, 2016
great place to work and the people were wonderful. I learned a lot from this job. The benefits were awesome and so was the whole environment. My managers were the best and were easy to work for. I miss them.
Good place to start, and that's about it
Mobile Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 8, 2016
I worked in PGDS, a branch of Jackson's IT infrastructure department for about 4 years and it definitely has it's downs. The management loves to play office politics and favoritism, so much so that I at some points would literally have nothing to do, which isn't too bad when you make 60k a year but it gets old real quick. Once management pegs you as a favorite or not, it's all up or downhill from there. You'll either get tons of rewarding work, learn lots of cool stuff or you'll get completely shafted, never picked to do anything and never advanced at all. They will literally sit back and watch you rot until you decide to quit.

Don't work here for more than 5 years
Pros
good food, good work/life balance
Cons
Office politics, favoritism, complacency, nepotism