Jackson National Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews in United States

Professional and well life balance.
Treasury Intern (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 26, 2016
Great way to start of one's professional career as you develop yourself as a professional as soon as you start working. Regardless overall experience is fabulous.
Terrible place Invest Financial
Supervision (Former Employee) –  Invest,Tampa,FlJuly 12, 2016
Worst place I have ever worked.Management lacks the most important quality-people skills.They try to intimidate and harass people who are not part of their draconian crowd.They promote unqualified people who have no idea what they're doing and do not have common social skills or sense.There are dinosaur managers like in the Operations Dept who are nearing retirement and do not really care what's happening around them which leads to internal discontent and confusion.The company has really gone downhill since 2009 when the present,cocky CEO started.They grade your phone calls on a pompous system generated from Jackson in East Lansing.Work quality,punctuality mean nothing,just follow their phone script and you will be ok.The workload is crazy,you're Set up to fail.Micromanagers permeate the whole lousy place.They're Typical liberals,either you agree with their egregious disregard for people or you are singled out as a troublemaker.

I repeat,WORST PLACE I EVER WORKED.STAY AWAY.ITS NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE AND FRUSTRATION THAT IS EVER PRESENT DAILY
Pros
401K-6% match, PSP
Cons
All the above, too many to mention
Butts in the seat
Client Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 13, 2016
If you're looking to get SerIes 6 and 7 FINRA registered, Jackson is a good stopping point. I've worked in call center environments in different capacities for over 10 years, and never have I experienced a place like Jackson. Very little room for advancement OUTSIDE of the Service Center, even with an advanced degree. If you do apply for an internal position, you're required to notify your current manager, which results in excessive harrassment in an effort to thwart your aspirations. High management turnover, constant turnover of call reps, probably because they hire people with advanced degrees and only want to start their pay at $15 and some change. The compensation is laughable for the amount of information you're required to know and the level of quality expected on every call. The Lansing office received huge tax breaks for their recent expansion, but none of those savings were rolled down to the employees. Pay increases during annual reviews are minimal, breaks and lunches are taken away during peak call seasons, and they couldn't care less about a work/family balance.

I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone. Save your sanity. I'm so glad I left!
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, company-sponsored FINRA registration
Cons
Lack of true leadership, dishonest, unprofessional leadership, poor wages, very little room for advancement
Team Player
OPS Associate III (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 4, 2016
I enjoy the challenges of being a leader and role model to many of my peers and provide positive feedback whenever necessary.
Jnl
Remittance Processor II (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 13, 2016
Good company to work for, though it's a big company, they make you feel like that you're working with family.The opportunity for advancement is encouraged.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work culture, retirement
Cons
Starting pay
Good workplace with growing opportunites
Strategic Support Associate/Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJanuary 6, 2016
Great and growing company. Good culture and management. Lot's of opportunities. Can get tedious at time if doing computer work, but plenty of opportunities outside of that area.
A typical day includes
Storage Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 13, 2015
A typical day starts with review alerts in our Nagios monitoring environment, reviewing overnight emails, BMC change control requests and monitoring the server side of Tivoli Storage Mager.
Jackson
Director - Operational Risk Management (Present) (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 7, 2015
Great place to work, by far and away the best in the mid-Michigan area. Great culture, benefits and people. Love the pace. Management rewards hard work and creative thought.
Pros
Culture, People, Benefits
Great staff
Brokerage Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesJune 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day is that l get to work with a great team. We're very big on team building and doing our best to provide the best service to our representatives and clients.
Dynamic workplace where there is always something to learn
Office Manager / Product Administrator (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJMarch 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job has been that the office is so small (6 people) that I have learned to wear many different hats and every day is different. I could be working on an audit request, a bid request, applying to state licenses, researching state regulations for contracts, ordering office supplies, reviewing and approving invoices or updating PowerPoint slides and excel spreadsheets.

I learned about the Group Annuity insurance business including client relations, contract administration, state licensing and compliance to name a few things.

The hardest part of the job is my 3 hour round trip commute and sometimes the office seems too small. It would be nice to have interaction with more people.
Pros
Many responsibilities so the work never gets boring
Cons
long commute
Looked forward to going to work every day
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 14, 2015
The most fulfilling position I have ever held. I would have stayed indefinitely if family illness had not required me to relocate to North Carolina.
Pros
College Tuition for my two children paid by company
Cons
Good workplace,good work cluture,Helpful colleague
Role - Cyberlife Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 20, 2015
Good workplace,good work cluture,Helpful colleague,Good facility,Good pay.Hardest part is to keep 24*7 working expectation
Secure place to work
Data Entry Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 6, 2015
Jackson's hiring strategy makes it a secure place to work. They hire only the associates needed. Because of this, as an employee, you will be busy most of the time.
Processor I
Processor I (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 2, 2014
Processes standard policy or contract/policyholder transactions using documented procedures and multiple software applications. Ensures transactions are in "good order" for processing.
-Identifies and escalates issues for resolution when necessary.
-Communicates with internal associates and external customers or agents regarding outstanding requirements or the status of an application or transaction.
Great Company / Decent Job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 18, 2014
Jackson as a company is great. The benefits and pay are great. My coworkers are awesome. Everyone is supportive and helpful. The resources provide a wealth of information and the training is very helpful.

With all that being said, the reality is it is a call center job with all the ups and downs that come along with that.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 10, 2014
Provided customer service
Transferred outgoing annuities
answering multi-line telephones
filing
faxing

I only worked at JNL for a couple of years
but I learned a lot from the company regarding annuities
I had a wonderful management team and great coworkers
Speaking with the most nicest people on the phone and
helping them with their annuities.
Pros
the people i worked with
Great Company with room for advancement.
Processor I (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 9, 2014
Jackson has great hours and with lots of opportunities for voluntary overtime. I enjoy my co-workers and the culture at Jackson is a positive one. The management is generally understanding and facilitating to employees attempting to moving up within in the company.
Family Orientation
Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 30, 2014
While interning at Jackson, I discovered that you can have a career and a life outside your job. Jackson believe in working together to accomplish the same goal just like a family would.
Pros
life balance
Perfect job for someone with no kids
Operations Processor (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 26, 2014
Sitting inside a cube all day long, management is a joke, `turnaround is high, no work/life balance.
It was a fun work place to work and the work hours were flexiable
Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MI 49283February 11, 2014
It has been so long ago. I remember I learned so much about the police and procedures for license agents to sell products for the company. There was nothing to hard about the job and enjoyable moments the is meeting new people.
Pros
college reinbursement health care package

Jackson National Life Insurance Company Reviews by Location