Jackson National Life Insurance Company

Jackson National Life Insurance Company Employer Reviews

Processor I
Processor I (Former Employee), Franklin, TNOctober 2, 2014
Processes standard policy or contract/policyholder transactions using documented procedures and multiple software applications. Ensures transactions are in "good order" for processing.
-Identifies and escalates issues for resolution when necessary.
-Communicates with internal associates and external customers or agents regarding outstanding requirements – more... or the status of an application or transaction. – less
Great Company / Decent Job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Franklin, TNSeptember 18, 2014
Jackson as a company is great. The benefits and pay are great. My coworkers are awesome. Everyone is supportive and helpful. The resources provide a wealth of information and the training is very helpful.

With all that being said, the reality is it is a call center job with all the ups and downs that come along with that.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 10, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with
Provided customer service
Transferred outgoing annuities
answering multi-line telephones
filing
faxing

I only worked at JNL for a couple of years
but I learned a lot from the company regarding annuities
I had a wonderful management team and great coworkers
Speaking with the most nicest people on the phone and
helping them with their annuities.
This is a review for INVEST Financial in Tampa, FL (owned by Jackson)
drone (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2014
INVEST Financial is the lowest paying financial institution in the St Pete/Tampa area. Unlike most other super low paying companies, this company is somehow thriving. If they weren’t so greedy, they could easily pay more respectable salaries and stay within their budget. However, the upper management here sincerely believes that people show up to work – more... for reasons other than to receive a paycheck. Managers here often say that the employees don’t need to be paid fairly because they are at INVEST for “opportunity for growth,” “love of the game,” “self-fulfillment,” and other such nonsense.

Unfortunately, you’ll find no fulfillment being constantly micromanaged and only being assigned menial tasks. For example, it isn’t uncommon for a rookie employee to be assigned to spell-check and write emails for their manager. Most management here is illiterate, and grammar mistakes run rampant in company-wide email. In addition to illiteracy, you’ll find that most of the management here either doesn’t have the proper FINRA licenses to hold their position, or have lovely glamour shots on www.mugshots.com

What does this all mean? It means that the managers here can never get hired anywhere else, which of course means that you can never be promoted to management. Even if there was any room for growth here, the maximum pay increase on any promotion is 10% of your wimpy salary. This is soul crushing because if you work here, then you’re only making peanuts, and 10% of peanuts is still only peanuts.

The only good thing about this goofy place is that they will sponsor ANYONE for a Series 7 license and pay for the books. Once you get your Series 7, you can walk out the door the very next day with absolutely no penalties. You owe it to yourself and your family to get paid what you are worth, so get your Series 7 and go apply to USAA, Raymond James, Merrill Lynch, Franklin Templeton, JW Cole, Transamerica, NY Life, TRowe Price, or any company in the area that respects their employees enough to pay livable wages.
So get in, get your Series 7, and GET OUT! – less
Family Orientation
Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMay 30, 2014
Pros: life balance
While interning at Jackson, I discovered that you can have a career and a life outside your job. Jackson believe in working together to accomplish the same goal just like a family would.
Perfect job for someone with no kids
Operations Processor (Current Employee), Franklin, TNMay 26, 2014
Sitting inside a cube all day long, management is a joke, `turnaround is high, no work/life balance.
It was a fun work place to work and the work hours were flexiable
Licensing Specialist (Former Employee), Okemos, MI 49283February 11, 2014
Pros: college reinbursement health care package
It has been so long ago. I remember I learned so much about the police and procedures for license agents to sell products for the company. There was nothing to hard about the job and enjoyable moments the is meeting new people.
SOS temporary associate
Strategic Support Associate (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: set your own schedule/ wah access
Cons: compensation is not industry standard/ upward mobility is limited
I work in multiple business units at Jackson National Life. They are a great company to work for! I have worked for Jackson for 4 years and I am 100% work at home. They allow me a flexible schedule and the management is very understanding of my limited availability. This company is great for people working and going to school.
Productive and fun environment.
Developer (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 7, 2014
I learn new things. Management is little bit strict in rules. And co-worker are so helpful.
Productive workpace
Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Lansing, MIAugust 2, 2013
Large company, I worked in the death claims department. JNL offered lots of opportunities for advancement and learning. They have a great cafeteria and show interest in employee well being
Great Company overall
Customer Service Expert (Service Associate) (Former Employee), Lansing MiJuly 19, 2013
Pros: great pay great benefits
Cons: cancelled brakes and some times lunches. require you to remember to much and make changes daily
Jackson is a great company over all. The Call Center has a poor culture, poor leadership
fast paced and sometimes intense place to work
Reissue Clerk (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMay 10, 2013
There was always work to do, and I was on a strict timeline. Because agents were working on strictly commission, I needed to be able to get everything to them as quickly as possible so clients could complete any necessary medical tests or arrange whatever was needed so the underwriting process could take place. I was trained as an underwriter and could – more... underwrite up to $50,000.00 policies on my own without sending policies to senior underwriters. Management in some cases could be "clueless" with regard to what was needed to happen before a policy could be reissued. As in most places of employment there were co-workers that were great to work with, and others not so much. But whatever was asked of me and whoever I had to work with, I did so without question. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually learning new things and being promoted without even knowing that someone in another department thought so highly of me and my work ethic that they personally requested me. All-in-all I enjoyed working for the company. – less
First job out of college
Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 20, 2013
Pros: pleasant environment
Cons: low pay
Was a great introduction to corporate world. Very educational and cared about employee growth.

Work day started 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Managers and employees were all helpful and accomodating. Company place employees' concerns as a priority. Happy employees, high production.
Dynamic and high pressure environment. not a team atmosphere.
Wholesaler (Former Employee), Lansing, MIFebruary 1, 2013
constantly changing managerial structure and reporting hierarchy. very competitive environment, I was employed there at a very tumultuous time for the company.
Nice work atmosphere
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: investment in equipment, bonuses, insurance, short and long term disability, interesting and informative work that was relevant and helpful to your own personal life.
Cons: tied to a computer work station for the duration of your shift
This company invests a lot in their employees. It provides individual work stations equipped with computers, head-sets, phones, files, fax, and any other items needed to complete your work. The insurance and benefits and bonuses were nice and the Monday thru Friday work week provided a fantastic life and work balance.
Strong and Stable Company
Administrative Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: flexibility in my schedule, new state of the art building, friendly people.
Cons: advancement to a senior level assistant level were not likely to open any time soon.
Jackson National Life was initially were I laid the foundation for my administrative career. I started as a typist in Customer Service department and worked my way through the ranks to my final position as Administrative Assistant to Vice President of Broker Management. I appreciate those at JNL who gave me the opportunity to grow in my profession.
Processor (Former Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 2, 2012
Pros: good pay and benefits. professional enviroment.
Cons: limited room for growth.
Work is friendly and professional. Good pay + benefits. I liked the staff and environment, however, there seemed to be a lot more women out numbering men.
Product not stable--Sales culture lacks integrity
Wholesaler (Current Employee), DenverJuly 12, 2012
Pros: solid pay, good benefits
Cons: corporate culture, clanish, whos who atmosphere
The Denver and Nashville call centers are primarely comprised of recent college graduates hired through the CDP program. The professionalism, or lack of, and the college fraternity atmosphere make this not a friendly firm for many people. The pay scale for this sales force of approximately 200+ has been reduced over time and will most likely continue – more... to be reduced due to forecasted lack of demand for their current product.

3 years ago the Jackson sales desk was a sales culture where wholesalers could earn significant incomes if they did their job right. Over time though that changed. Why pay an industry veteran 85K / year when you can pay a college grad rookie 50K?

Currently Jackson is going for broke with the new Elite Access product. Turnover is high and probably will increase. No word on layoffs as this is not confirmed, however this might not be the best time to work for Jackson as they are struggling to survive in a market where stockholders fear living and death benefits on Variable contracts. – less

August 24, 2013

This poster hit the nail on the head. As a former employee I too left the firm right as the transformation started to take place on the VA sales desk in Denver. I won't bash their new product Elite Access even though I do not like it. I will say this though... Jackson Is turning into an insurance company that doesn't insure anything. They let go their entire sales desk in Denver that sold traditional life insurance last year, while tapering back the benefits on their VA contracts while simultaneously increasing GMWB / LB and DB fees. The direction management has made very clear is that they believe their product Elite Access, which has zero benefits will be the new norm in the VA world. I disagree.... Compensation for internals was cut over time when management initiated a phased out compensation schedule for the more senior employees simply because we were to expensive to keep on the books with our trail commissions. Also, in the interest of a more socialist system to accommodate a 200+ person sales desk, they uniformly changed bps (basis points) on pay to the detriment / benefit of many territories back in 2011 which hurt many of us. Furthermore we noticed a shocking trend: experienced people left and were replaced with fresh pimply faced kids right out of college willing to work for level 1 pay. The message was received loud and clear.... start updating your resume. The career development program, a fancy name for the "Nursery" as many of us joked, would recruit college grads, get them licensed, and give them a headset and a phone like a well oiled machine towards the end. Your starting pay will be capped at 50K until you progress to level 2. And believe me when I say it's not easy to get to level 2 anymore. Once you hit level 2 in a year you might be in the 65K range if your territory is firing on all cylinders. Job security is questionable. I still do not understand how they can support a 2 internal wholesalers / 1 external wholesaler per territory ratio....that blows my mind when I do the math. As far as culture is concerned, Jackson was a culture that was by far the most insecure culture I have ever seen in my 15 year career. The fear element was enough to affect many of our lives and environment went from one of "How can I get that next sale and do good for my client while making myself some serious money" to one of "How can I push a product I don't believe in and do enough just to keep my job." For those of you coming from the industry instead of fresh out of college, I would recommend first looking into the other firms in the Denver metro such as Oppenheimer, Fidelity, Transamerica, Janus, Great West, Schwabb, Dividend Capital, and TIAA-CREF first.

Productive and Customer Focused
Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee), Lansing, MIApril 29, 2012
Pros: full benefits, college tuition reimbursement, childcare onsite
Cons: pressure to produce more
Growing company that constantly improves. Onsite cafeteria. I learned to prioritize when clients rated all current projects the same priority. Some of the best people I've ever worked with - dedicated, visionary, and inventive.
Wonderful corporate culture
Processor (Former Employee), Lansing, MIFebruary 26, 2012
Pros: i enjoyed this work place, would love to reapply in the future
Cons: it was far from home.
The people were fantastic to work with and the company as a whole does so much for the community

About Jackson National Life Insurance Company

Jackson National Life Insurance Company, a subsidiary of UK insurer Prudential plc, offers financial services (fixed, indexed, – Read more