Jackson National Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Lots of old systems
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 4, 2017
Initially with product support which was varied and fast paced. Later worked on a conversion. Jackson National was in the process of converting products from an old Vantage system to CYBERLIFE.
Pros
Tele-comute 2 weeks of the month
Cons
Traveling to Lansing.
Good company
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 21, 2017
When i work there they were a great company to work for great. Benefits and people to be around. Everyone helped one another to be better so that the company was better
Multi billion dollar company, leader in financial planning
Financial Disbursements Processor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 3, 2017
The working area is great. Excellent cafeteria with great food and choices. Loved the salad bar. Great co-workers for the most part. Very good benefits. Raises are based on your own performance as well as bonuses annually.
Not all what it seems to be
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 8, 2017
I've been here for 12 years and in that time the company has definitely grown but their appreciation for their employees has dropped. They do provide great benefits and the pay, depending on the department you are in, is great but the way they treat you is disrespectful. If you work in the Call Center you NOT get a lunch. Instead you are told to eat when you are not on a call. Well that is never. The phones are always ringing. You get 5 minute breaks to scarf your food down. The compensation for you hard work on skipping your lunches is rewarded by an ice cream sandwich. WOW. HR is to be desired. Their hiring process is a disgrace. The Data Center of the company is a terrible place to work. You will not have a life. Rotating schedules from front end of the week to back end of the week to nights to days. Management will always say you are not doing enough but will have no problem trusting you to work alone. Also they could care less about your personal life. If you call in they make it a point to know why and treat you with disrespect if you don't tell them. A lot of favoritism. I myself am looking to leave ASAP. The company has changed.
benefits
Cons
Everything else
good work
Strategic Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 3, 2017
overall great company that is growing and providing employees with the tools to succeed. worked as a job while in school and it went right along with my degree.
Real productive environment and fun place
Claim Management Accelerator (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 25, 2017
Loved working here and sure you will too. Working here helped me learning a lot for my self. Had a good and cooperative team to work with and i had my time learning and having fun.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Short breaks
Good Company
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 12, 2017
I went through 3 months of training to become a Client Service Advocate. I passed all my test and did good with assessments. Unfortunately because I had a lien on my record from almost 7 years ago I was not allowed to take the Series 6 test that is required. I knew people that had DUIs on their record that they allowed to pass through. It was difficult to get the documentation from the court because it was so old. The management didn't really care about that and didn't try to find me a new position and there were some available. But now I'm at a job making almost $20 a hour doing something I love so it worked out perfectly.
Pros
Cafeteria and some nice people
Cons
Working through breaks and lunches
Good experience
Strategic Support Associate (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIApril 9, 2017
My experience overall was nice. I took this job while in college and management was very understanding and understood that my education came first. It was a nice experience.
Field Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 13, 2017
JNL is a great place to work. The Field Staff position allowed me to tell them what hours worked best for me so that I could still care for my family.
Great place to work!
Strategic Support Associate (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJanuary 25, 2017
Great benefits, room for advancement, 401k benefits even if part time, work with your schedule, great place to meet new friends! Overall great place to work!
I loved all the gift cards I received
Senior Trade Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2017
Highly visible position, lots of exposure to other departments and upper management. Good management team. Close knit and fun unit to work with, although it could be stressful at times, having fun and understanding co-workers can go a long way...
Flexible
Strategic Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 27, 2016
This is a great job for students, especially graduate students! They provide an enormous amount of flexibility. My program often has events that pop up with little notice and Jackson is great at accommodating my schedule.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Can be monotonous
great place to work
Broker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 17, 2016
great place to work and the people were wonderful. I learned a lot from this job. The benefits were awesome and so was the whole environment. My managers were the best and were easy to work for. I miss them.
Good place to start, and that's about it
Mobile Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 8, 2016
I worked in PGDS, a branch of Jackson's IT infrastructure department for about 4 years and it definitely has it's downs. The management loves to play office politics and favoritism, so much so that I at some points would literally have nothing to do, which isn't too bad when you make 60k a year but it gets old real quick. Once management pegs you as a favorite or not, it's all up or downhill from there. You'll either get tons of rewarding work, learn lots of cool stuff or you'll get completely shafted, never picked to do anything and never advanced at all. They will literally sit back and watch you rot until you decide to quit.

Don't work here for more than 5 years
Pros
good food, good work/life balance
Cons
Office politics, favoritism, complacency, nepotism
Professional and well life balance.
Treasury Intern (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 26, 2016
Great way to start of one's professional career as you develop yourself as a professional as soon as you start working. Regardless overall experience is fabulous.
Terrible place Invest Financial
Supervision (Former Employee) –  Invest,Tampa,FlJuly 12, 2016
Worst place I have ever worked.Management lacks the most important quality-people skills.They try to intimidate and harass people who are not part of their draconian crowd.They promote unqualified people who have no idea what they're doing and do not have common social skills or sense.There are dinosaur managers like in the Operations Dept who are nearing retirement and do not really care what's happening around them which leads to internal discontent and confusion.The company has really gone downhill since 2009 when the present,cocky CEO started.They grade your phone calls on a pompous system generated from Jackson in East Lansing.Work quality,punctuality mean nothing,just follow their phone script and you will be ok.The workload is crazy,you're Set up to fail.Micromanagers permeate the whole lousy place.They're Typical liberals,either you agree with their egregious disregard for people or you are singled out as a troublemaker.

I repeat,WORST PLACE I EVER WORKED.STAY AWAY.ITS NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE AND FRUSTRATION THAT IS EVER PRESENT DAILY
Pros
401K-6% match, Psp
Cons
All the above, too many to mention
Butts in the seat
Client Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 13, 2016
If you're looking to get SerIes 6 and 7 FINRA registered, Jackson is a good stopping point. I've worked in call center environments in different capacities for over 10 years, and never have I experienced a place like Jackson. Very little room for advancement OUTSIDE of the Service Center, even with an advanced degree. If you do apply for an internal position, you're required to notify your current manager, which results in excessive harrassment in an effort to thwart your aspirations. High management turnover, constant turnover of call reps, probably because they hire people with advanced degrees and only want to start their pay at $15 and some change. The compensation is laughable for the amount of information you're required to know and the level of quality expected on every call. The Lansing office received huge tax breaks for their recent expansion, but none of those savings were rolled down to the employees. Pay increases during annual reviews are minimal, breaks and lunches are taken away during peak call seasons, and they couldn't care less about a work/family balance.

I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone. Save your sanity. I'm so glad I left!
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, company-sponsored FINRA registration
Cons
Lack of true leadership, dishonest, unprofessional leadership, poor wages, very little room for advancement
Team Player
OPS Associate III (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 4, 2016
I enjoy the challenges of being a leader and role model to many of my peers and provide positive feedback whenever necessary.
Jnl
Remittance Processor II (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 13, 2016
Good company to work for, though it's a big company, they make you feel like that you're working with family.The opportunity for advancement is encouraged.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work culture, retirement
Cons
Starting pay
Good workplace with growing opportunites
Strategic Support Associate/Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJanuary 6, 2016
Great and growing company. Good culture and management. Lot's of opportunities. Can get tedious at time if doing computer work, but plenty of opportunities outside of that area.