Jackson National Life Employee Reviews

Cool place to work
IT & Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 11, 2017
Great company, great benefits. The CEO at the El Segundo location needs improvement for employee appreciation. There needs to be more of a relationship between employees by rewards and incentives.
Exceptional Employment
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 18, 2017
This was 15yrs ago, but very good Company to work for. This Employer not only gave fare wages and benefits, but really gave Managers the opportunity to reward their Employees for meeting department goals.
Good Internship
Account Specialist - Policy Owner Services (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJune 13, 2017
I worked for Jackson National Life through an internship while completing college courses. Good place to learn the ropes of business and understand what the financial world entails.
Good company, great opportunity for advancement
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 24, 2017
Great opportunity to build your career within the financial services industry. Ample opportunity for advancement if you are willing to work for it. Be open to relocation
GOOD work wise
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  TennesseeApril 26, 2017
GOOD, work place culture.mangaement is good .good place to work . nice manager and coordaintion is good nice place to learn alot .
i recommend this company who wants to join
Productive and Eye Opening
New Business Processor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 2, 2017
My time as a New Business Processor was a great experience. I learned how to be a full-time employee as well as communication and financial skills that set me up for success later on at Jackson
Great company with excellent benefits and promotion opportunities
Client Service Specialist - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 17, 2017
Worked in the call center for over 3 years, left because I moved. One of the best companies I have ever worked for.

Great bonuses each year, 401k match up to 6%, great medical and dental benefits, and a generous amount of PTO.
Pros
Pay, benefits, PTO amounts, advancement opportunities
Cons
During tax season (Jan-May) they will cut out the breaks or shorten them to like 5 minutes, limited overtime, work week is 37.5 hours each week (OT is over 40 still)
good place to start, then get out of
Mobile Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 7, 2016
Good place to start if you are a college grad, but you better make sure you make good friends with upper management quick or you will not get promoted ever. They will pass you along and you will not get the same opportunities as others for seemingly no reason.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Corporate Politics
Jackson was great company to work for with friendly management and a challenging interactive work enviornment.
Strategic Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 19, 2016
I really enjoyed my time with Jackson. Jackson is a great company with many wonderful things to offer. Every day at work I felt valued as an employee and the Management works great with its employees. The work was challenging at times but at the same time it was very fulfilling to complete tough tasks in a timely manor. My co-workers were great and the overall atmosphere at Jackson was fantastic!
Productive and effective workplace
Strategic Support Associate - Peer Leader (Current Employee) –  Mason/Okemos, Mi.June 13, 2016
Working in this facility has enabled me to effectively manage my time and work diligently. It has allowed me to work with a number of different co-workers in a number of situations while undergoing extensive training.
Pros
Expanding my working abilities
Cons
No break, working through lunch
Fun place to work
Internal Wholesaler (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 18, 2016
Jackson has a great work environment and the people are great. The compensation is decent, however there are other firms within the industry that pay better.
Responsibilties
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 23, 2016
Serve as direct-report to Human Resources Director
in proactive mentoring environment, and provide a
wide range of hands-on support for Leadership and
Management team. Providing new employee and exiting employee activities, compliance requirements file maintenance, human resources data and reports, training, development and performance management programs and employee communications.
Pros
Great Employee Benefits
Cons
Limited Flexibility of Schedules
Progressive and Inspiring
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 3, 2015
Jackson is a great company! There was always an opportunity to advance. As a flexible operations associate, I was selected to work with different departments depending on my proven skills. Management, although sometimes difficult to talk to, would praise a good work ethic and return the favor with a new job opening. I learned several new skills there.
Jackson's community service ethics were astounding. I had never seen such efforts from one company to benefit so many different communities. It was a big part of our culture to support local causes. We always had fundraisers going on. That was fun. Holidays always brought some kind of friendly competition and lots of snacks.
Pros
adventurous, charitable, discounts at local retailers, new friends, great cafeteria food
Cons
mismanagement, loud talkers near workspace
Coworkers nice, benefits great, compensation below industry standard
Operations Associate I (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 19, 2015
Will work you hard and scrutinize you. Some people cannot wait to leave for the day. Compensation is below average, jeans days are frequent, albeit we have a business casual dress code. Benefits are godd, I started with three and a half weeks of paid time off.
Pros
time off, benefits
Cons
micro management, scrutiny
n/a
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 5, 2015
There is no room for growth in the service department and you have no control over your job functions. There is a high turnover rate and the company will not work with you to have a long term employee. They would rather just have the expense of hiring someone new.
Ok place
UNDERWRITER ASSIST/CUST SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO.April 6, 2015
Turn rate was very high. Most managers spent time on break. Reviews were never done on time. Hardest part was learning alot of my job on my own.
great place to work
Variable Annuity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 1, 2015
JNL is a great company to get into if you are young and want to advance. Biggest draw back watch it when you get to around 20 years. I was let go at 19 years and 11 months. This way the company avoids paying retirement benefits.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
doesn't recognize loyality
Excellent monetary compensation, but only if you can put up with cliches, cliques, and other corporate games.
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 5, 2015
I worked in the IT department at Jackson National Life for almost three years.

Pros: Good salary and benefits package.

Cons: Most definitely not a meritocracy, nepotistic relationships seem to be the key to promotion and perceived "success".
Company is growing is a slow MI economy
Strategic Support Associate - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 18, 2015
My hours are part time (25 weekly) and flexible. I start early in the morning, which leaves the afternoons and evenings for me to focus on additional training, in returning to school. Jackson is a dynamic company in it's field. I enjoy working with the team - I support. We process withdrawals for policy holders with annuities. I also do quality checks for another team and the day goes by quickly.
Great company
New Business Processor (Current Employee) –  Okemos, MIOctober 20, 2014
No commit at this time, I do not want to write a review. I do not want to write a review, but this page will not close without more words in this box.