Jackson National Life

Jackson National Life Employer Reviews

Great place to work and great enviroment
Internal Wholesaler / Financial Sales (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 5, 2014
This is a high paced job that you need to be very motivated. The people with the exception of a few are great.
Used to be a great place to work
REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 3, 2014
culture has changed in the last few years and Jackson has lost what once made them special
Productive and fun work place
Software Engineer II (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 17, 2014
Productive and fun work place
With great work life balance
And good job security
Very flexible and wonderful job for a college student
Strategic Support Associate (Current Employee), Lansing, MIDecember 28, 2013
Pros: flexibility, work environment
Cons: no benefits
Typical day includes data entry and indexing of documents as well as management of financial accounts
Large Fast Paced Organization
LAN Administrator (Former Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 26, 2013
There was always plenty of work and the company was always growing.
I enjoy my co-workds
Service Center Specialist (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJune 18, 2013
Pros: good benefits, reasonable vacation time.
Cons: hours we work change ever six months and the hours are getting to late.
Log into my systems, sign into my phone. Take calls from customers, internal representatives, and agents.
Hardest part of my job is talking to widow policy holders.My most enjoyable part of my job is to know I have helped some one out.
Every call or case is always different.
Fast paced, constantly changing environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lansing, MIMay 6, 2013
Pros: fast paced, community service oriented employer, interactions with the public, commradere amongst employees
Cons: short breaks or cancelled breaks, lack of accountability, little flexibility
I am forever grateful to have been hired in at Jackson National Life. I started at the company with very little knowledge regarding investments and Insurance but am a quick learner and now service variable, fixed and index policies for new and existing business. My main objective is to field calls from policy owner, agents others with interest in the – more... annuities held at Jackson. I also help service the STARS calls, which is a designation for agents who's books of business total over 1 million in assets each year. I also am a member of the Dedicated Resource Group servicing internal customer calls and answering product and procedural questions. Recently, I have also helped with testing a new program called GENIUS that is aiming at making policy specific information easier to capture.

At first, the management style was hard to muster. In the insurance and annuities business, regulations and guidelines are always changing and it's hard for management to present this information in an organized manner. After a few months, however, I became a walking encyclopedia of regulations and tax codes and now see it as a challenge to absorb and understand all the changes.

The favorite part of my day is speaking with the policy owners themselves. It can be difficult sometimes to describe products this complex, however, when it finally clicks and they actually understand the policy and benefits they elected, it feels pretty amazing. Especially after speaking with someone who has not only tried speaking with their agent several times but as well as other Jackson employees and you are the one who is able to present information in a way they they understand and retain.

THe least favorite part of my job is the lack of accountability. With so much time dedicated to the phone, especially with Jackson being ranked number 1 in customer service in the financial industry, any complaints or concerns get passed on to other departments. Because of this, it is also difficult to pay special care to certain agents or owners having a difficult time and I would like the opportunity to be more engaged with the people I speak with day in and day out as well as play a more active role in content administration within Jackson.

I've learned so much working for Jackson National Life. I've found that I love the financial services industry and hope to further my career through schooling and additional job opportunities. With the negative light shone on the industry amidst recent scandals, I would like the opportunity to prove to the public that there are people in the financial industry who really care about you and your future. – less
Excelent workplace to learn about finance.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lansing, MIApril 16, 2013
My years at Jackson were a very good starting place to learn about finance and insurance.
Excellent Compensation & Benefits, Worst Culture I have experienced.
Systems Developer (Former Employee), Lansing, MIApril 4, 2013
Pros: salary, facility
Cons: culture/environment, management
Pays really well if you can tollerate the culture. I loathed the work environment (think EDS in the 80s). Different teams use different tools (e.g. revision control) and don't like to talk to each other. Every aspect of every task must be done "The Jackson Way". IME management was cold and indecisive. Much of my time was wasted doing the same task over – more... and over because they couldn't make up their minds. The facility is nice and they had a group that orginized volunteer activities which I liked allot as well.

You will be able to tell if your going to be happy there pretty fast. Some people seem OK with it, but I would have rather taken a 20% pay cut than work in that environment. – less
Great Benefits
Client Service Advocate (Current Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 3, 2013
I work in the service center, I take about 50 - 70 calls a day on average. I have learned a lot about the financial industry and the rules and regulations within it.
Management, for the most part is good. The c o-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is the balance between home life and work, There is no room for time off on short notice when – more... you have a sick child. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to comprehend such intricate products and help to interpretate them to others – less
Productive and good environment
Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Marietta, GAOctober 30, 2012
Productive environment with room to grow. Business casual was the dress code. Management was easy to talk to. The most enjoyable part of the job was monthly bonuses based on generated sales.
Different, learning experience
Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: i set my work schedule
Cons: often didn't have enough task to do even after asking my superiors for extra work, not a good career path
I learned a lot about myself and about work ethic from this company and the importance of team work. I advanced my computer skills by better learning excel and word as well as other financial programs. I developed better communications tools that were important for meeting deadlines. I had the opportunity to receive higher education and had the ability – more... to transfer to other departments of the company at any time. I challenged myself by re-writing the intern continuity book that listed, in detail, task that would be performed during the year internship. I learned that Jackson is not the career path that I want to go down. – less
Great Learning Experience
Internal Wholesaler (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 12, 2012
I spent almost five years with the company and enjoyed the majority of my time there. I learned how to push myself and network myself to move up within the company. I enjoyed my co workers very much and made life long friends. They need to focus more on the job itself, as opposed to micro managing everything the employees do. They would have a lot happier – more... of a workforce if they did that and less turn around. – less
Great company with room for advancement.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, CoDecember 11, 2011
Pros: free series6 testing
Cons: unable to clock in prior to 6 a.m
This is a great employeer to work for if the employee has great intrest in the insurance industry. They have more than ample room for advancement. Although, the company may not be as diverse as it could be, it is getting better.