Jackson National Life Employee Reviews

Jackson was great company to work for with friendly management and a challenging interactive work enviornment.
Strategic Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 19, 2016
I really enjoyed my time with Jackson. Jackson is a great company with many wonderful things to offer. Every day at work I felt valued as an employee and the Management works great with its employees. The work was challenging at times but at the same time it was very fulfilling to complete tough tasks in a timely manor. My co-workers were great and the overall atmosphere at Jackson was fantastic!
Fun place to work
Internal Wholesaler (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 18, 2016
Jackson has a great work environment and the people are great. The compensation is decent, however there are other firms within the industry that pay better.
Responsibilties
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 23, 2016
Serve as direct-report to Human Resources Director
in proactive mentoring environment, and provide a
wide range of hands-on support for Leadership and
Management team. Providing new employee and exiting employee activities, compliance requirements file maintenance, human resources data and reports, training, development and performance management programs and employee communications.
Pros
Great Employee Benefits
Cons
Limited Flexibility of Schedules
Progressive and Inspiring
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 3, 2015
Jackson is a great company! There was always an opportunity to advance. As a flexible operations associate, I was selected to work with different departments depending on my proven skills. Management, although sometimes difficult to talk to, would praise a good work ethic and return the favor with a new job opening. I learned several new skills there.
Jackson's community service ethics were astounding. I had never seen such efforts from one company to benefit so many different communities. It was a big part of our culture to support local causes. We always had fundraisers going on. That was fun. Holidays always brought some kind of friendly competition and lots of snacks.
Pros
adventurous, charitable, discounts at local retailers, new friends, great cafeteria food
Cons
mismanagement, loud talkers near workspace
Coworkers nice, benefits great, compensation below industry standard
Operations Associate I (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 19, 2015
Will work you hard and scrutinize you. Some people cannot wait to leave for the day. Compensation is below average, jeans days are frequent, albeit we have a business casual dress code. Benefits are godd, I started with three and a half weeks of paid time off.
Pros
time off, benefits
Cons
micro management, scrutiny
n/a
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 5, 2015
There is no room for growth in the service department and you have no control over your job functions. There is a high turnover rate and the company will not work with you to have a long term employee. They would rather just have the expense of hiring someone new.
Ok place
UNDERWRITER ASSIST/CUST SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO.April 6, 2015
Turn rate was very high. Most managers spent time on break. Reviews were never done on time. Hardest part was learning alot of my job on my own.
great place to work
Variable Annuity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 1, 2015
JNL is a great company to get into if you are young and want to advance. Biggest draw back watch it when you get to around 20 years. I was let go at 19 years and 11 months. This way the company avoids paying retirement benefits.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
doesn't recognize loyality
Excellent monetary compensation, but only if you can put up with cliches, cliques, and other corporate games.
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 5, 2015
I worked in the IT department at Jackson National Life for almost three years.

Pros: Good salary and benefits package.

Cons: Most definitely not a meritocracy, nepotistic relationships seem to be the key to promotion and perceived "success".
Company is growing is a slow MI economy
Strategic Support Associate - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 18, 2015
My hours are part time (25 weekly) and flexible. I start early in the morning, which leaves the afternoons and evenings for me to focus on additional training, in returning to school. Jackson is a dynamic company in it's field. I enjoy working with the team - I support. We process withdrawals for policy holders with annuities. I also do quality checks for another team and the day goes by quickly.

Want to know more about Jackson National Life?

Ask a question
Great company
New Business Processor (Current Employee) –  Okemos, MIOctober 20, 2014
No commit at this time, I do not want to write a review. I do not want to write a review, but this page will not close without more words in this box.
Great Culture
Strategic Support Associate (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIAugust 21, 2014
Excellent Managers and Flexibility with student schedules. Easy work with good pay.
Great place to work and great enviroment
Internal Wholesaler / Financial Sales (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 5, 2014
This is a high paced job that you need to be very motivated. The people with the exception of a few are great.
Used to be a great place to work
REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 3, 2014
culture has changed in the last few years and Jackson has lost what once made them special
Productive and fun work place
Software Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 17, 2014
Productive and fun work place
With great work life balance
And good job security
Very flexible and wonderful job for a college student
Strategic Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 28, 2013
Typical day includes data entry and indexing of documents as well as management of financial accounts
Pros
flexibility, work environment
Cons
no benefits
Large Fast Paced Organization
LAN Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 26, 2013
There was always plenty of work and the company was always growing.
I enjoy my co-workds
Service Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 18, 2013
Log into my systems, sign into my phone. Take calls from customers, internal representatives, and agents.
Hardest part of my job is talking to widow policy holders.My most enjoyable part of my job is to know I have helped some one out.
Every call or case is always different.
Pros
good benefits, reasonable vacation time.
Cons
hours we work change ever six months and the hours are getting to late.
Fast paced, constantly changing environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 6, 2013
I am forever grateful to have been hired in at Jackson National Life. I started at the company with very little knowledge regarding investments and Insurance but am a quick learner and now service variable, fixed and index policies for new and existing business. My main objective is to field calls from policy owner, agents others with interest in the annuities held at Jackson. I also help service the STARS calls, which is a designation for agents who's books of business total over 1 million in assets each year. I also am a member of the Dedicated Resource Group servicing internal customer calls and answering product and procedural questions. Recently, I have also helped with testing a new program called GENIUS that is aiming at making policy specific information easier to capture.

At first, the management style was hard to muster. In the insurance and annuities business, regulations and guidelines are always changing and it's hard for management to present this information in an organized manner. After a few months, however, I became a walking encyclopedia of regulations and tax codes and now see it as a challenge to absorb and understand all the changes.

The favorite part of my day is speaking with the policy owners themselves. It can be difficult sometimes to describe products this complex, however, when it finally clicks and they actually understand the policy and benefits they elected, it feels pretty amazing. Especially after speaking with someone who has not only tried speaking with their agent several times but as well as other Jackson employees and you are the one
  more... who is able to present information in a way they they understand and retain.

THe least favorite part of my job is the lack of accountability. With so much time dedicated to the phone, especially with Jackson being ranked number 1 in customer service in the financial industry, any complaints or concerns get passed on to other departments. Because of this, it is also difficult to pay special care to certain agents or owners having a difficult time and I would like the opportunity to be more engaged with the people I speak with day in and day out as well as play a more active role in content administration within Jackson.

I've learned so much working for Jackson National Life. I've found that I love the financial services industry and hope to further my career through schooling and additional job opportunities. With the negative light shone on the industry amidst recent scandals, I would like the opportunity to prove to the public that there are people in the financial industry who really care about you and your future.
Pros
fast paced, community service oriented employer, interactions with the public, commradere amongst employees
Cons
short breaks or cancelled breaks, lack of accountability, little flexibility
Excellent Compensation & Benefits, Worst Culture I have experienced.
Systems Developer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 4, 2013
Pays really well if you can tollerate the culture. I loathed the work environment (think EDS in the 80s). Different teams use different tools (e.g. revision control) and don't like to talk to each other. Every aspect of every task must be done "The Jackson Way". IME management was cold and indecisive. Much of my time was wasted doing the same task over and over because they couldn't make up their minds. The facility is nice and they had a group that orginized volunteer activities which I liked allot as well.

You will be able to tell if your going to be happy there pretty fast. Some people seem OK with it, but I would have rather taken a 20% pay cut than work in that environment.
Pros
salary, facility
Cons
culture/environment, management

4.2