Jackson Nurse Professionals Employee Reviews

Awesome company to work for.
TRAVEL HOME HEALTH CARE RN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2017
My recruiter was amazing. She always had good destination choices to make. If it wasn't for my family needs I would still be working for them. I miss the opportunity to travel.
Official response from Jackson Nurse Professionals
August 14, 2017

This is great to hear! Nurses are the lifeblood of Jackson, so hearing about your positive experience really makes our day. Let us know when you're ready to travel again!

Great to work for
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Jackson is a great company to work for. They offer many great benefits and take care of their employees. If you work hard you will succeed. The overall culture is friendly and welcoming.
If your smart DON'T work for Jackson Nursing
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  VariesMay 31, 2016
I have worked for Jackson Nursing a long time. I have been thru 3 name/management changes. It is definately NOT the company it started out being. They don't really care about their nurses. It's all about the money they make. They no longer take care of their nurses. For instance, they sent everyone for nurses week A SINGLE DRIED OUT SUGAR COOKIE. The recruiters give different packages to different nurses. A brand new nurse with the Co, and 5 years experience was making more than anyone else on the floor with alot more experience and time with the Co. Maybe the recruiters keep some for themselves. We make less than we did 15 years ago. I will be going with a new co on my next assignment. If you are sick a day, get this, you actually have to PAY THEM. THAT'S RIGHT, instead of getting a sick day, you actually owe them money.
Pros
Cons
No appreciation, no recognitions, average benefits (that you pay for), no sick days, very low overtime pay, no vacation, no perks from this failing company.
Does NOT CARE about their Nurses!!
RN (Former Employee) –  nowhereSeptember 25, 2015
This is by and large a failing company at this time. If a nurse is cancelled, the company demands a $1500 fee no matter the reason, no matter who does the cancelling. They do not protect their nurses and honestly have left nurses to find their own way home.
This is a company in trouble. They do not care about the nurses and once they are cancelled, turn their backs on them and stop all communication. It seems to be a predatory "business" and nurses are the victims.
From other postings, it seems they may have been a bit more reputable a few years ago, but not now. I have never witnessed anything like this with any other travel company--there are many out there that would never treat nurses like this.
Pros
cannot think of any
Cons
everything
Travel Nursing
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jackson, ALFebruary 12, 2015
Loved my travel assignments & all the new people I met & gaining lifelong friends. Family life was more important to me so I settled down close to home.
Awesome Company
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  Multiple PlacesAugust 5, 2014
Have an amazing recruiter that will back me up 100%. Just wish they had more jobs available.
Pros
Cheap insurance
Cons
Lack of high paying jobs
A true tragedy
PHP/MySQL Lead Web Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 2, 2013
Many years ago, this company operated under the name of "Travel Nurse Solutions" and, by legend, was a very thriving staffing firm for travel nurses. Recruiters were supposedly top-notch and consultant benefits were very lucrative.

Unfortunately, the company experienced a period of stagnant growth, during which the recruiter force became very weak and less aggressive. Marketing campaigns were virtually non-existent, and the company abandoned the practice of being personally involved with its consultants, leaving most of them feeling as though they were forgotten. With all of that, the company also failed to stay abreast on the offerings of its competitors and ultimately lost complete sight of its focus on retention (both clients and consultants).

I hired on several months after the then-new CEO, so all of the above is merely hear-say (although, the company's past dominance in the market was very obvious due to the internal corporate artifacts still lingering about). This new CEO was very impressive, full of enthusiasm and rigor and great ideas, and took every opportunity to motivate the staff. He didn't focus only on the production staff, but the entire company as a whole. He introduced reform and also led the way to rebranding the company to what became "Jackson Nurse Professionals". He also brought back aggressive marketing by hiring on an experienced professional specializing in marketing and PR, and began systematically weeding out the stagnant links in the production chain and replacing them with fresh employees eager to prove themselves and move up.

I was hired
  more... as part of the reform process. The CEO recognized the fact that the company's web presence was in virtual shambles and in need of a complete overhaul, and funds were being leaked due to outdated internal accounting and CRM software.

Unfortunately, the new CEO was brought in just a bit too late; and as a result; it was decided that JNP would be merged with its sister company (Jackson Therapy Partners) and relocated to Orlando, FL. This corporate decision resulted in the elimination of approximately 90% of the company's employees, myself included.
Pros
Experience, reputable, aggressive marketing
Cons
Company is now on skeleton crew, Secondary to sister company in unrelated industry
Love the recruiters, very easy to work with
RN (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 28, 2012
Very friendly and effecient recruiters. Staff works hard to assure employees and facility are pleased. I work nights and so far the staff members I've worked with have been great. I really enjoyed my last assignment, especially my co-workers.
Pros
weekly pay and insurance
Cons
expensive health care for family, salary not very competitive in southern states
Excellent in all aspects.
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 21, 2012
This company is very easy to work with and for. They are upfront with their information about each prospective assignment. They work hard to prepare you for advertising yourself to prospective employers. Their compensation package is very adequate and they work for you once you except an assignment and are hired.
Pros
excellent compensation package

Want to know more about Jackson Nurse Professionals?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jackson Nurse Professionals. Our community is ready to answer.

Jackson Nurse Professionals Reviews by Location