Jackson Employee Reviews in United States

Jackson
Partner (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 12, 2016
This is a small family run business. I was in charge of payroll. Also I went out in the field and met with our clients. This is a(n) oil/gas and timber company.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2016
Everyday was a joy meeting new people. Enjoyed returning customers.

Was awarded every quarter for exceeding up-selling customers
Pros
Worked 4 days a week
Cons
The drive
Exciting environment with variety in duties and people I met and worked with.
Admin. Assistant/Creative Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 29, 2015
Each day I assisted the Creative Director in managing the creative department. I gathered pertinent information needed for the creation of budgets on all agency projects, and composed production schedules. I helped the creative staff adhere to the budgets and schedules whenever necessary. Also, I was given certain aspects of projects to work on, such as certain graphic design projects, acquiring talent and/or services for special events, photo/video shoots, and speech coaching. I learned how to supervise a staff of varying ages, personalities and skills, and I enjoyed that each day held different opportunities. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep all of the creative staff on schedule and budget. I was used as a "buffer" between the sales/customer service branch and the creative staff. While challenging, I worked well with all of the personnel, and was successful at it.
Pros
Meeting and working with interesting people from Internationally-known companies.
Cons
Some projects/events required working several 18+ hour days in a row.
Very unfriendly culture; treat employees like garbage
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJSeptember 10, 2015
This company has a high turnover rate for a reason. Most of their work is in defending companies from lawsuits brought by employees and unions; as such, they seem to have it in for all employees, including their own - looking with suspicion on everybody. Compensation was good, but they really treated people like slaves. The biggest problem was that they simultaneously expected you to stay overtime to finish work, but then the office manager would have a fit and threaten you over the overtime. If you left on time, you were threatened with firing, if you stayed, you were threatened with firing. No win situation, so I left.
Pros
Free pizza once in a while
strict enviroment
Chaplain Assistant U.S Army, Fort (Former Employee) –  Fort. Jackson, SCJune 15, 2015
Fort. Jackson had a strict enviroment with a lot of rules and guidelines. A typical work day consisted of ordering supplies, counseling soldiers, general office operations, writing memorandums/filing paperwork.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 5, 2015
My job was great and I am sorry I lost it. I made a huge mistake I will forever regret. Working here was wonderful and I hope someday I can find a place comparable. As with any large company it had its issues such as communication, but otherwise a wonderful company.
Pros
flexible work schedule, good people, decent pay
Awesome place to work
Firm Administrator (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, alJanuary 13, 2015
Over see day-to-day functions of office. Co-workers are like family. Business is closing at end of February. Hardest part of my job is having to terminate employees. The family-like atmosphere has made working here for the last twenty years one of my greatest experiences.
Productive workplace
Tax Preparer / Customer Service Trainee (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Learned a lot of tax knowledge working at Jackson Hewitt. The hardest part of the job is keeping your tax knowledge updated.
a means to an end
Corrections Officer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City,MoAugust 15, 2014
An average work day for me includes me transporting inmates to court, the hospital, or to prison. While at Jackson County in the 8 and a half years I have been here I have learned communication, attention to detail, sense of honor, and punctuality.
Pros
cheap lunches, job security, good benefits
Cons
low pay, management
Fun energetic company to work for
Secretary (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 7, 2014
A typical day in the office for me consist of all kinds of paperwork and phone calls. This is your average daily duties with a kick of personality in the company.
productive and fun workplace
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  oklahoma city, bethany oklahomaJuly 24, 2014
preparing taxes for individuals, giving tax advice and helping clients with tax issues. tax law is the only law that changes every year so every year I learn new tax procedures. management is great but typically I am my own office manager as I am usually the only one in my office. there is no hard part of this job and the most enjoyable part is handing the check to the client or the look on their face when I give them the amount the refund or non refund is because its either higher or lower than they expected.
Pros
gauranteed overtime during peak season
Cons
not getting to work with co workers often
Most of my jobs were enlightening experiences. I enjoyed working with the staff and clientele
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson/Madison County School SystemJuly 24, 2014
A typical day at work is friendly but professional. I learned a lot about teamwork. I enjoyed working with coworkers and look forward to the next day. The hardest part of my job is always leaving for the day. I love my job and look forward to working and experiencing new things.
Pros
working with coworkers, students, job closer to home, career advancements
Cons
health benefits, low hours, the heat during the summer, the cold during the winter months
Rewarding career but is work & revenue is seasonal, with long physically grueling hours
Company President and licensed HVAC contractor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 12, 2014
My time spent as an HVAC contractor at Jackson Service Company has been fulfilling overall. I enjoy the customer interactions in both sales and customer service. I also enjoy having new challenges ever day in servicing and installing heating and A/C units. I even enjoy the occasional physical tests required to install heavy equipment in less than ideal conditions. But the slow down due to the economy has taken a toll on my finances and I need stable income from now until retirement. I have trained many men in the field; since I can't afford the union scale workers. But I also enjoy training people who want to learn and perfect their craft.
Pros
no ceiling on income - can earn more when i sell and install more.
Cons
unstable income base and limited benefits
great people
Boar stud manager (Former Employee) –  jackson mnFebruary 6, 2014
great place to work started as a driver then worked my way up to manager it was my first job that I had that hard work and determination payed off would still be working there but had to leave because the stud was sold and they wanted only 2 empleyes so I left so my people could still have a job they earned it
great work environment
Contractor - Home repair (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, FLJanuary 29, 2014
good guys to work, got to travel to different jobs doing something different everday
Management Program
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 26, 2014
The management development program gives opportunities to diverse managers throughout the corporation. Take your chance!
Director Sales
Private Consultant Bose Energy (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXJanuary 2, 2014
Work in the office with the corporate managers
provide input for computer based energy deregulation
working with all co-workers gen managers and owners of company
The hardest part of the job was talking with the public utilities commission
the most enjoyable is to be at a job that you love to be at enjoy your work.
Pros
enjoying people
Cons
irate customers
Jackson Hewitt
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oakland,CASeptember 19, 2013
Collect taxpayer information for tax preparation. Answer phone lines and directed calls to appropriate staff. Respond to routine inquiries or complaints from clients and general public. Schedule appointments, sort mail, distribute refund checks, and maintain a filing system for reports and other documents as requested.
Very good place to work
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 29, 2013
Jackson is a great company to work for. This is a company that takes care of it's employees and offers many areas for advancement
this center was a great place to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson,August 21, 2013
going to work helping the kids to learn was the hype of my day. knowing I made a great impact on their lives made me happy. my co workers were wonderful.
Pros
having a great team of workers who had a great impact on the kids as well as myself.