Jackson

Jackson Employer Reviews

a means to an end
Corrections Officer (Current Employee), Kansas City,MoAugust 15, 2014
Pros: cheap lunches, job security, good benefits
Cons: low pay, management
An average work day for me includes me transporting inmates to court, the hospital, or to prison. While at Jackson County in the 8 and a half years I have been here I have learned communication, attention to detail, sense of honor, and punctuality.
Fun energetic company to work for
Secretary (Former Employee), McDonough, GAAugust 7, 2014
A typical day in the office for me consist of all kinds of paperwork and phone calls. This is your average daily duties with a kick of personality in the company.
productive and fun workplace
Tax Preparer (Current Employee), oklahoma city, bethany oklahomaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: gauranteed overtime during peak season
Cons: not getting to work with co workers often
preparing taxes for individuals, giving tax advice and helping clients with tax issues. tax law is the only law that changes every year so every year I learn new tax procedures. management is great but typically I am my own office manager as I am usually the only one in my office. there is no hard part of this job and the most enjoyable part is handing – more... the check to the client or the look on their face when I give them the amount the refund or non refund is because its either higher or lower than they expected. – less
Most of my jobs were enlightening experiences. I enjoyed working with the staff and clientele
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Jackson/Madison County School SystemJuly 24, 2014
Pros: working with coworkers, students, job closer to home, career advancements
Cons: health benefits, low hours, the heat during the summer, the cold during the winter months
A typical day at work is friendly but professional. I learned a lot about teamwork. I enjoyed working with coworkers and look forward to the next day. The hardest part of my job is always leaving for the day. I love my job and look forward to working and experiencing new things.
Rewarding career but is work & revenue is seasonal, with long physically grueling hours
Company President and licensed HVAC contractor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: no ceiling on income - can earn more when i sell and install more.
Cons: unstable income base and limited benefits
My time spent as an HVAC contractor at Jackson Service Company has been fulfilling overall. I enjoy the customer interactions in both sales and customer service. I also enjoy having new challenges ever day in servicing and installing heating and A/C units. I even enjoy the occasional physical tests required to install heavy equipment in less than ideal – more... conditions. But the slow down due to the economy has taken a toll on my finances and I need stable income from now until retirement. I have trained many men in the field; since I can't afford the union scale workers. But I also enjoy training people who want to learn and perfect their craft. – less
great people
Boar stud manager (Former Employee), jackson mnFebruary 6, 2014
great place to work started as a driver then worked my way up to manager it was my first job that I had that hard work and determination payed off would still be working there but had to leave because the stud was sold and they wanted only 2 empleyes so I left so my people could still have a job they earned it
great work environment
Contractor - Home repair (Former Employee), Middleburg, FLJanuary 29, 2014
good guys to work, got to travel to different jobs doing something different everday
Management Program
Research Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 26, 2014
The management development program gives opportunities to diverse managers throughout the corporation. Take your chance!
Director Sales
Private Consultant Bose Energy (Former Employee), Pharr, TXJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: enjoying people
Cons: irate customers
Work in the office with the corporate managers
provide input for computer based energy deregulation
working with all co-workers gen managers and owners of company
The hardest part of the job was talking with the public utilities commission
the most enjoyable is to be at a job that you love to be at enjoy your work.
Jackson Hewitt
Receptionist (Former Employee), Oakland,CASeptember 19, 2013
Collect taxpayer information for tax preparation. Answer phone lines and directed calls to appropriate staff. Respond to routine inquiries or complaints from clients and general public. Schedule appointments, sort mail, distribute refund checks, and maintain a filing system for reports and other documents as requested.
Very good place to work
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 29, 2013
Jackson is a great company to work for. This is a company that takes care of it's employees and offers many areas for advancement
this center was a great place to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Jackson,August 21, 2013
Pros: having a great team of workers who had a great impact on the kids as well as myself.
going to work helping the kids to learn was the hype of my day. knowing I made a great impact on their lives made me happy. my co workers were wonderful.
going no where
Production Framer, Line production (Former Employee), Cleveland, TNAugust 19, 2013
Pros: good bosses
Cons: bad employee habbits and unsafe
Seven to Five Monday - Friday. How to frame chairs. Good bosses, Most had unsafe habbits while on the line and on there breaks. Putting up with non English speaking employees. Having music while i got to work and my boss.
restaurant
Cashier (Former Employee), jackson,msJune 4, 2013
I normally work a steady schedule but lately they've been cutting hours.
Good people to work for
TAX RETURN PREPARER (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 29, 2013
Pros: hourly pay plus commissions
Cons: periods of slow work
These are very good people to work for. They encourage you to expand your own knowledge base, and reward those who are loyal and return year after year.
Great employees who are highly dedicated. Excellent Benefits package
LPSR and Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Seymour, INFebruary 15, 2013
You will work long hard hours providing vital services for the agricultural community, but you will be appreciated and supported by a terrific staff and fellow employees.

The benifit and retirement package is unequaled.
Poorly
Correctional Officer Sgt. (Current Employee), MSJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: parking
Cons: healthcare
Steady work issues between employers, employees, and inmates.

Each day I learned to be a better Correctional Officer, an hope to use what I have learned to become a Supervisor.

Management was poorly
Trust Issues with Co-Workers was very poorly
Being able to go home safely to my family.
Very productive environment due to high level of automation
Plant Operations Manager, Pinnacle Foods (Former Employee), Jackson, TNNovember 28, 2012
Pros: right-to work state
Cons: had to put in very long hours.
Challenge was to ensure that 15 production lines were up and running continuously. With a facility under three million square feet, the day was very busy , and that was the hardest part of the job. It was enjoyable to have highly qualified unit managers who were invaluable to help run the operations.
great
Office Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 20, 2012
I loved working in smithsonian. ppl were friendly and very helpful
Great Experince for a temp jon
Store Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 8, 2012
Pros: bonuses
Cons: only 5 month job
It was a temp job for tax season. The class/training was not long nor difficult. Bonuses were given bi-monthly which are always nice. Management was not strict on dress code and threw a end of the year appreciation party for supervisors and upper management.