Jackson Employee Reviews

Exciting environment with variety in duties and people I met and worked with.
Admin. Assistant/Creative Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 29, 2015
Each day I assisted the Creative Director in managing the creative department. I gathered pertinent information needed for the creation of budgets on all agency projects, and composed production schedules. I helped the creative staff adhere to the budgets and schedules whenever necessary. Also, I was given certain aspects of projects to work on, such as certain graphic design projects, acquiring talent and/or services for special events, photo/video shoots, and speech coaching. I learned how to supervise a staff of varying ages, personalities and skills, and I enjoyed that each day held different opportunities. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep all of the creative staff on schedule and budget. I was used as a "buffer" between the sales/customer service branch and the creative staff. While challenging, I worked well with all of the personnel, and was successful at it.
Pros
Meeting and working with interesting people from Internationally-known companies.
Cons
Some projects/events required working several 18+ hour days in a row.
Rewarding career but is work & revenue is seasonal, with long physically grueling hours
Company President and licensed HVAC contractor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 12, 2014
My time spent as an HVAC contractor at Jackson Service Company has been fulfilling overall. I enjoy the customer interactions in both sales and customer service. I also enjoy having new challenges ever day in servicing and installing heating and A/C units. I even enjoy the occasional physical tests required to install heavy equipment in less than ideal conditions. But the slow down due to the economy has taken a toll on my finances and I need stable income from now until retirement. I have trained many men in the field; since I can't afford the union scale workers. But I also enjoy training people who want to learn and perfect their craft.
Pros
no ceiling on income - can earn more when i sell and install more.
Cons
unstable income base and limited benefits
Opportunity to be creative
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 18, 2012
My daily responsibility include rate and examine local and intra-state moving bill of landing making sure, insurance premium were collected and hourly rate including third party charges were charged to customer appropriate and amount of money colleted were sufficient.

I learned self-motivattion in addressing problems and initiating possible solutions for this new company. As the result, I was designated to reserch and reconcile $90K misclenous expense account.

The hardest part of the job was when I did not have enough work to do for the day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I could take on other projects such as storage billings, preparing payroll spread-sheets, and researching the miscellaneous expense account.
Pros
free coffee through out the day and casual office environment.
benefits
Very unfriendly culture; treat employees like garbage
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJSeptember 10, 2015
This company has a high turnover rate for a reason. Most of their work is in defending companies from lawsuits brought by employees and unions; as such, they seem to have it in for all employees, including their own - looking with suspicion on everybody. Compensation was good, but they really treated people like slaves. The biggest problem was that they simultaneously expected you to stay overtime to finish work, but then the office manager would have a fit and threaten you over the overtime. If you left on time, you were threatened with firing, if you stayed, you were threatened with firing. No win situation, so I left.
Pros
Free pizza once in a while
productive and fun workplace
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  oklahoma city, bethany oklahomaJuly 24, 2014
preparing taxes for individuals, giving tax advice and helping clients with tax issues. tax law is the only law that changes every year so every year I learn new tax procedures. management is great but typically I am my own office manager as I am usually the only one in my office. there is no hard part of this job and the most enjoyable part is handing the check to the client or the look on their face when I give them the amount the refund or non refund is because its either higher or lower than they expected.
Pros
gauranteed overtime during peak season
Cons
not getting to work with co workers often
Most of my jobs were enlightening experiences. I enjoyed working with the staff and clientele
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson/Madison County School SystemJuly 24, 2014
A typical day at work is friendly but professional. I learned a lot about teamwork. I enjoyed working with coworkers and look forward to the next day. The hardest part of my job is always leaving for the day. I love my job and look forward to working and experiencing new things.
Pros
working with coworkers, students, job closer to home, career advancements
Cons
health benefits, low hours, the heat during the summer, the cold during the winter months
Very productive environment due to high level of automation
Plant Operations Manager, Pinnacle Foods (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 28, 2012
Challenge was to ensure that 15 production lines were up and running continuously. With a facility under three million square feet, the day was very busy , and that was the hardest part of the job. It was enjoyable to have highly qualified unit managers who were invaluable to help run the operations.
Pros
right-to work state
Cons
had to put in very long hours.
Director Sales
Private Consultant Bose Energy (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXJanuary 2, 2014
Work in the office with the corporate managers
provide input for computer based energy deregulation
working with all co-workers gen managers and owners of company
The hardest part of the job was talking with the public utilities commission
the most enjoyable is to be at a job that you love to be at enjoy your work.
Pros
enjoying people
Cons
irate customers
Jackson Hewitt
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oakland,CASeptember 19, 2013
Collect taxpayer information for tax preparation. Answer phone lines and directed calls to appropriate staff. Respond to routine inquiries or complaints from clients and general public. Schedule appointments, sort mail, distribute refund checks, and maintain a filing system for reports and other documents as requested.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 5, 2015
My job was great and I am sorry I lost it. I made a huge mistake I will forever regret. Working here was wonderful and I hope someday I can find a place comparable. As with any large company it had its issues such as communication, but otherwise a wonderful company.
Pros
flexible work schedule, good people, decent pay
a means to an end
Corrections Officer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City,MoAugust 15, 2014
An average work day for me includes me transporting inmates to court, the hospital, or to prison. While at Jackson County in the 8 and a half years I have been here I have learned communication, attention to detail, sense of honor, and punctuality.
Pros
cheap lunches, job security, good benefits
Cons
low pay, management
Poorly
Correctional Officer Sgt. (Current Employee) –  MSJanuary 18, 2013
Steady work issues between employers, employees, and inmates.

Each day I learned to be a better Correctional Officer, an hope to use what I have learned to become a Supervisor.

Management was poorly
Trust Issues with Co-Workers was very poorly
Being able to go home safely to my family.
Pros
parking
Cons
healthcare
great people
Boar stud manager (Former Employee) –  jackson mnFebruary 6, 2014
great place to work started as a driver then worked my way up to manager it was my first job that I had that hard work and determination payed off would still be working there but had to leave because the stud was sold and they wanted only 2 empleyes so I left so my people could still have a job they earned it
Great Experince for a temp jon
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2012
It was a temp job for tax season. The class/training was not long nor difficult. Bonuses were given bi-monthly which are always nice. Management was not strict on dress code and threw a end of the year appreciation party for supervisors and upper management.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
only 5 month job
Great employees who are highly dedicated. Excellent Benefits package
LPSR and Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INFebruary 15, 2013
You will work long hard hours providing vital services for the agricultural community, but you will be appreciated and supported by a terrific staff and fellow employees.

The benifit and retirement package is unequaled.
Awesome place to work
Firm Administrator (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, alJanuary 13, 2015
Over see day-to-day functions of office. Co-workers are like family. Business is closing at end of February. Hardest part of my job is having to terminate employees. The family-like atmosphere has made working here for the last twenty years one of my greatest experiences.
going no where
Production Framer, Line production (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNAugust 19, 2013
Seven to Five Monday - Friday. How to frame chairs. Good bosses, Most had unsafe habbits while on the line and on there breaks. Putting up with non English speaking employees. Having music while i got to work and my boss.
Pros
good bosses
Cons
bad employee habbits and unsafe
this center was a great place to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson,August 21, 2013
going to work helping the kids to learn was the hype of my day. knowing I made a great impact on their lives made me happy. my co workers were wonderful.
Pros
having a great team of workers who had a great impact on the kids as well as myself.
strict enviroment
Chaplain Assistant U.S Army, Fort (Former Employee) –  Fort. Jackson, SCJune 15, 2015
Fort. Jackson had a strict enviroment with a lot of rules and guidelines. A typical work day consisted of ordering supplies, counseling soldiers, general office operations, writing memorandums/filing paperwork.
Good people to work for
TAX RETURN PREPARER (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 29, 2013
These are very good people to work for. They encourage you to expand your own knowledge base, and reward those who are loyal and return year after year.
Pros
hourly pay plus commissions
Cons
periods of slow work