Jacksonville State University Employee Reviews

Would Attend Again
Undergraduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALDecember 28, 2017
Would attend again to get an MBA. Learned more during my time at JSU than learned any other medium. Being a full-time student and being full-time employed, but will pay off in the future.
Perfect
Graduate Assistant - Disability Support Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, AL 36265December 5, 2017
I was a graduate assistant in The Disability Support Service Department. I worked with students that had a disability, helping them be successful in the classroom. I had a great boss and the environment was very friendly.
Great work place
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALNovember 9, 2017
Great place to learn with many perks .Great people to work with with really good attitudes.Great working hours with time to relax.Learning experience was plentyful
Pros
Working conditions
Cons
Long drive
Wonderful Employer
Coord, Athletic Ticket Sales (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALNovember 6, 2017
Leadership is committed and caring. Typical day I deal with coworkers, customers. Hardest part is working extreme amount of hours per week. Most offices are tight knit and care about each others work, family, etc. Easy to get assistance from most every office. Campus police very knowledgeable and do frequent patrols of entire campus.
Pros
Benefits, time off
Cons
Number of hours worked per week
Great Place
Assistantship (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALNovember 4, 2017
Go For It! It teaches you many practical things in your life. The college of business is very hands on. There are many teachers always willing to reach out.
Great Balance
Graduate Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALNovember 1, 2017
Working as a graduate assistant compliments my course workload well. My classes are paid for, university fees are paid for, and I receive a monthly check. Work hours are great!
Pros
Environment, scholarship, pay, management!
Cons
No cons so far!
Good place to go to school.
Full time student (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALOctober 31, 2017
I enjoyed thoroughly my time at JSU. The staff and faculty were normally very friendly, and my fellow students and I learned a tremendous amount from each other.
Stagnant and difficult workplace
Night Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALOctober 24, 2017
low pay for many unaccounted for, hours of responsibility. The management is inconsistent from to down. A typical day at work is just being seated at a desk.
Graduate Teaching Asst. - Computer Science
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 22, 2017
Typical position where I was asked to tutor and teach CS 201- Introduction to Information Technology. The job was very relaxing and I also had very good students.
Good place to grow
Controller's Office - Secretary IV (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALOctober 18, 2017
During my time working at JSU, I have continued to learn more and more. There is room for growth throughout the different departments and schools. Advancement is possible due to the variety of positions available.
Pros
Discount on tuition for staff members and dependants
Athletic Department
Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALOctober 18, 2017
Worked in the Athletic Department at JSU. Worked with great people and great athletes. It was a little unorganized when I worked there, but that was over 13 years ago.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Low Pay
Slow paced
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALOctober 12, 2017
Overall good environment. The people who work there are easy going and nice. It was a very slow-paced environment at the time that I was employed there.
Friendliest Campus In the South
SGA President (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALAugust 15, 2017
This is the epitome to the Friendliest Campus in the South, you can't go wrong working, studying, or being on this campus. The people are nice, it is easy to get in touch with administration, and the professor to student ration is very low.
Pros
Small Community
Cons
Small Community
Same experience
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALJuly 6, 2017
Perhaps the element that really encourage me into research is the summer internship. As undergrad you get to start a project from scratch and finish it within 2 months. Meanwhile you get to travel and meet world most known scientist in the field and interact with them. The organisation also took us to field trips where we can go and have fun at a water park or roller coaster. At the end with get to present our result in front of a judge panel as well as an audience full on scientist.
My first Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALApril 13, 2017
I learned great customer service skills while studying at Jacksonville State University. Typical, I signed in residents' guest before they entered the dormitory, counseled freshman when they were having troubles adjusting to college life, and answered the phones with professionalism.
Learned a tremendous amount regarding higher education
Director of Institutional Research and Analytics (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALApril 4, 2017
Learned a tremendous amount regarding higher education, institutional research, program assessment, grants, strategic planning, predictive analytics, information technology and leadership.
Great place
Advertising and Promotions Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALMarch 15, 2017
Wonderful place to work. They are great at working around your school schedule. The hourly rate is set and never go up but they make up for it with the culture and willingness to work with you.
Solid experience, good environment, too low pay
Academic Athletic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALMarch 8, 2017
Since I lived on campus the location convenience was great, but the pay feels too low and we only received once a month, 2 weeks after the pay period ended.

Good, relatively relaxed environment.
Fun Work Enviorment
STUDENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALMarch 8, 2017
Jacksonville is a very nice place to work for. They are fery flexible if you are a student worker. The breaks are short but most of the time you are not very busy.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Physical plant worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, AlabamaJanuary 10, 2017
It's a great company to work for. Great pay, fun people and job security. It's a competitive job, but has the ability to move up higher positions.
Pros
Indoors, meet new people
Cons
Extremely dirty job at times ..