Jacksonville State University Employee Reviews in United States

Student work study job
Bird Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALJanuary 21, 2016
Job was an work/study position. Worked on my schedule. Cleaned animal cages and ensured all birds where alive. Would have like a little more love and care to have been given to birds. They where lab experiment birds.
Not the best pay
Campus Desk Assistant/ Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALJanuary 7, 2016
They don't really pay you enough to put up with their weird ways of doing things and how peculiar that the upper management is. I liked this place to work at, however, it could have been 100% better to their employees. I would work here if you go to school there.
Pros
play on laptop 90% of the time
Cons
Managment.
The job makes up for the lackluster surroundings.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALNovember 21, 2015
I graduated from here so I had lots of school spirit. I loved many of my coworkers and remain close to some of them. As with any job, there are ups and downs.
Fun and exciting
Advertising and Promotions Intern (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALOctober 31, 2015
Great place to work. Managers and Supervisors are willing to work with you so you can understand how to work in the Athletic Department.
Pros
work and home life balance is great
Cons
no pay
Friendliest Campus in the South
Student Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALJune 2, 2015
Loved everything about it. Nice campus, teachers are pretty nice. Great balance of work and school while a student and working with the team.
Youthful and Energetic Enviroment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, AlabamaMay 18, 2015
Loved working with the management, and fellow staff at Stephenson Hall. Great way to stay involved on campus and meet others.
Good Place to work.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALMay 14, 2015
The job is great as far as your responsibilities, but it can be stressful working with someone of the other employees. You have to be able to let other people's opinions roll off your back.Overall, it's a great job with great benefits!
Friendly environment for students
Academic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALApril 30, 2015
As a student worker, I always felt that my supervisors had my best interests in mind. It really is a very friendly campus, and I enjoyed my time as a student worker in two departments.
College
Lobbyist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville AL.April 29, 2015
Jacksonville State University is settled in the foothills between Anniston Al. and Cedartown Ga. Bringing in many student and also known for its popular nursing and teaching program. Jacksonville State University is the diamond found in the rough for upcoming college students.

Working for JSU was a pleasure and very fun however; it was just a small starter job in college. Everyone learns from different people and their previous jobs. This was a great experience and a great place to start a working career. Working this job I met high classified people in the community and the area everyday. Sitting in on meeting and draft essay's for people had never been so fun and enjoyable. The best part of this job was being able to meet different people and attend the banquets and the activates that lobbyist get to do everyday. Learning from different people is never a bad thing. I actually like to believe you always learn at least one thing from everyone you meet.
Excellent place to work with the future
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALApril 22, 2015
Students in the Communication program are the brightest most enthusiastic I have ever had the privilege to teach and work with.
Working as a resident assistant.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALApril 1, 2015
I learned how to help residents adjust to living in a college resident hall. I enjoyed connecting with the residents and working with some great co workers.
Several transferable skills.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALMarch 11, 2015
I assisted in helping residents transition from living at home to living on their own. In addition to this, I was a sort of mentor for several of the residents, assisting in their day to day lives, with any questions regarding campus life or school they might have had. In addition to this, I conducted many health and safety checks, where I was making sure that the girls were living in a clean and healthy way that benefited their well-being. This was a job that involved a lot of teamwork, as any work was usually done in pairs. I also developed a lot of creative programs in order to educate the students, and to build a sense of community on the hall. I loved this job, but I am graduating soon, and am no longer going to be able to be employed with the university. However, a lot of this job is customer service, and it has taught me important skills such as communication, data entry, and others.
Pros
free room, fast paced, team work, creative outlet, great management
Cons
very little pay, live where you work
Graduate Assistant in Strength and Conditioning
Strength/Conditioning Graduate Ast. (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALFebruary 6, 2015
A typical day I arrive at work around 5:30 am and begin setting up for the day. Most sports come in the morning and lift and work out as a team. I am in charge of assisting the main coach in helping out with warm ups, stretching, spotting, and conditioning. I primarily work with and write the workouts for the tennis team both men and woman's program.
Pros
build relationships with athletes and have free workouts while working in the gym.
Cons
long days about 12 hours
Enjoyable workplace
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALFebruary 5, 2015
Being an RA, it is hard to seperate work life and life as a regular college student. However, it is a very rewarding job that helped me grow as a person. I learned how to communicate with people who have difficult personalities. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping freshmen girls adapt to college life and seeing them grow into the person that they are.
Pros
free housing
Cons
working where you live
Jacksonville State University offers their employees so many great benefits in education, salary and teacher's retirement.
Secretary III (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALJanuary 11, 2015
Jacksonville State University was a great place to work. I worked with some of the finest staff and professors at the university. I especially loved the students. I was always interacting with student workers and students who used the testing program at the Center for Individualized Instruction. It was very rewarding to see students succeed and watch them graduate. The summers were especially busy with three semesters and summer groups and camps to schedule.
Pros
great retirement system
Cons
limited vacation time in the summer months
Jsu
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALDecember 30, 2014
I typically worked with an average of 30 students every 6-8 weeks, assisting them with the graduation exam for JSU. The co-workers were great and part of a great team. There was no memorable hard part of the job. The most enjoyable aspect was telling students they passed the exam and could graduate from college.
Pros
coworkers and students
excellent technology program and workplace environment
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALDecember 1, 2014
I worked as a lab technician for the department of technology at JSU, networking computers on their LAN intranet. I attended under the work-study program, and was employed there for several years as a worked my way through college.
Small department with friendly faces.
STUDENT PATROL (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALNovember 11, 2014
A typical day included checking and locking buildings. Campus events were patrolled by the student workers as well. I loved this job.
Great place to begin
Communications Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALOctober 27, 2014
An excellent starter job with opportunity to advance into different jobs and different locations. The position allows the employee to begin to address needs to advance his or her career.
Enjoyed my 15 years as Chief of Police & Security on a campus of 8,000 students and about 700 employees
Adjunct Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, Alabama .October 10, 2014
Jacksonville State University is a regional state-supported university which, in some ways, as the characteristics, issues and needs as a small city. As a certified police officer with continuing job development training I served as the chief law enforcement officials. My role and position was respected by students, employees and management. I led the Police Department to National Accreditation while there. I supervised about 40 part-time and 20 full-time employees with 24/7 coverage.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
24/7 on-call responsibility

4.5