Jacksonville University Employee Reviews in United States

Very comfortable working place
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 16, 2016
I love the working place and the management team. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you will work with. The worst part of the job is the pay rate currently in place.
Great place to go to school with amazing professors and learning environment
Physics Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 3, 2016
Working at Jacksonville University as a physics lab assistant and doing undergraduate research helped me focus my interests and career path. The professors that I worked under were very helpful and easy to communicate with.
N/a
Investment Accountant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 20, 2015
Work day was from 8 until 5 PM
Learned alot about investments and accounting.
Management was dealing with the students more than the employees
The co-workers were very dedicated but under appreciated
No real direction for the university as a whole
The time off
Fast Pace with a variety of task
Executive Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2015
orthodontic clinic that requires multi-tasking where you meet people from all walks of life as well as learn new things everyday.
Pros
tuition benefit
it was very first job.
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 24, 2015
I learned a lot of work skills. I was still going to high school so it was a weekend job, I learned values such as being on time and being professional with co-workers and students.
Pros
I learned a lot of working skills.
Cons
no breaks.
Ju
Assistant Football Coach (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville FLJune 23, 2015
Great environment loved the experience taught me everything that I will need for the next level. I feel comfortable with the skills I have gain from my time here
Relaxed environment while advancing film and computer animation knowledge.
Computer/Film Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 26, 2015
I worked a Federal Work Study job at Jacksonville University in the Computer/Film lab in the Fine Arts building for one semester during my completion of a BFA in Computer Art & Design/Computer Animation. Once I was done with my classes for that day I would report to my film professor and she would give me a print out of who had what equipment and I would be responsible for checking that equipment back in once returned to the film lab. I then would proceed to study my homework and work on any projects that need attention while helping my peers with any software issues or problems with their projects. Once all of then equipment was checked in and all the students left that film lab I would clean up and close up the lab and return the key to my film professor's drop box for me to pick up the next day.
Pros
Work on school projects and study while getting paid
Cons
Limited amount of hours per semester
Excellent Place to work as a student.
Event Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 5, 2015
I love JU as a student and employee. They are very flexible since it is an educational environment. The diversity of the people working on a full-time level for the school is pretty well, but on the student level unless you are heavily involved, it is very hard to move up the ladder.
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 23, 2014
This was a summer internship while I was at Jacksonville University. I enjoyed working with the coaches and student athletes. The coaches taught me a lot and the students learned quickly.
Did my work on my own time
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 30, 2014
This was an independent study, no review necessary. It was an enjoyable experience and I really like the school.
Fun workplace that was always kept us busy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2014
When I first come in I go feed the fish throughout the building and make sure they have enough water in their tanks. I go check-in with my supervisor to let her know I'm here and to ask her is there anything that needs to be done around today. On a typical day, some tasks will last me to three to four n some I can do within hours. My co-workers was very nice and friendly, we would sometimes to different tasks together to get it done. I would say the hardest part of the job was the heat, it soo hot that at time we had to stop and take a little break. my most enjoyable part of the job was being around the different sea creatures and going shrimping to feed some of the bigger fish. My favorite fish was the puffer. I liked how he puffed up when he felt threatened or scared. I really enjoyed this job and wouldn't mind doing it again.
N/a
Chief Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 13, 2014
Jacksonville University is in the middle of a wonderful revolution.
Nice place to work
Music Librarian (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 17, 2014
Fun place to work with a very flexible schedule. There's not much training but everyday is a easy going day.
Wonderful Learning Experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 24, 2013
JU was a place loved. People are fantastic and the education is great
Love working for JU!
Assistant Director, Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 30, 2013
Love working for JU! Great company! The students are so much fun to work with, the campus is beautiful, and great staff.
Productive and typical work study program!
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 5, 2013
Typical work day consists of shelving, shifting and cataloging books, assisting staff, students and visitors alike (not only with books, but also with the library's tech). My fellow co-workers were great, as were my superiors; training only took around a day or two, I'd worked there for 3 successful years, which was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
working with students.
Cons
work study.
no opportunity for advancment
Director of Football Operations (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 20, 2013
Private school monies is always a problem. You have to do a lot with a little. But has alowed a growth otherwise i would not have.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 26, 2012
work cashier, clean, prep, stock drop money, customer service, nice environment, work as a team
Pros
free meals, snacks. etc.
Cons
15 min. breaks
Educational Environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FlAugust 28, 2012
i have enjoyed my career at JU, both as a student and employee. The staff is welcoming and informative.
I liked helping the professors on projects and refurbishing kilns.
3d Professor's Aide (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaJuly 1, 2012
Thos job was a temporary job under the Federal Work Study program. I cleaned and swept the Glass and 3-D studios, put away tools and helped maintain the furnace and kilns. We also remodeled part of the glass shop and relocated it's cold working machinery. I enjoyed learning to methods of construction. The hours were flexible to allow me to attend classes and get my school work finished.
Pros
free learning
Cons
little pay

4.4