Jacksonville University Employee Reviews

fair
Assistant Men's and Women's Golf Coach (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 13, 2017
I was a voluntary employee. They treated me well and allowed me to get some coaching experience so I could move up the coaching ranks. I had no issues.
Best cultural college
Building supervisor of Student Commons (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 11, 2017
Made sure the building didn't burn down and overlooked small PROJECTS. helped THE STAFF WITH ANYTHING THEY NEEDED. Great way to meet the work staff and build relationships
Small college faces challenges
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 10, 2017
The small college faces challenges amount the faculty and student body. The faculty is overworked and under paid. The student body is not inclined to be prepared for class, complete the classwork, and argues for a higher grade than warranted under the circumstances.
Pros
location of campus
Cons
poor management
Was a while ago, but fine place to work
Director of Communications (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 24, 2017
It was more than five years ago I worked there, but it was great at that time. I know a lot of people are still there, so that speaks well of it as a work environment, too.
Jacksonville University
Phonathon Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 9, 2017
Jacksonville University is located in a beautiful riverfront setting in suburban Jacksonville, across the St. Johns River from downtown and just minutes from the Atlantic Ocean. The 240-acre campus includes a half-mile of riverfront, oak-lined paths, and a mix of historic and new campus buildings.
Clay Target Team - Coach
Assistant Coach - Shotgun Team (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 10, 2017
JU has a beautiful campus on the St. Johns River with a staff that cares for each other and the students. The university president is constantly looking for ways to improve the campus for students and staff alike.
Good people work there
Field Poll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 7, 2017
I like the people and the goal, not the higher management. The pay is not that great but does leave room for advancement. Great work life balance and great goal.
Not your average newspaper clipping job
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2017
Great start to expand or shrink the brain no long term commitment and great resume builder. I can't say enough about the the focus on patience that this job creates. Some times it's high pace and sometimes it is completely boring.
Positive and rewarding workplace
Retail supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2017
Eagerly performed duties as a supervisor, ensuring quality control, taking inventory, placing food truck orders, checking in deliveries, Etc. Ensured cleanliness of all restaurant facilities on campus. The knowledge that I took from working at Jacksonville University, was the value of good management skills and the importance of following producers as part of a management team. Management was always fantastic, as each member put in a hundred and ten percent, and worked hard to provide outstanding service to the members and staff at Jacksonville University. One thing I loved was the multicultural environment as it was very diverse and different from the small town I grew up in. The hardest part of the job was taking inventory, but I have no complaints, as I found every part of my Job to be very rewarding. The most enjoyable and most memorable part of my Job at JU was the awesome team, and the many people I had the opportunity and pleasure of meeting.
Pros
Health Benefits, free lunches, good pay
Cons
Seasonal, as jobs end while school is out for summer.
Job Description
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 30, 2017
As an RA, I am working with conflict resolution, roommate mediation, and the planning of programs. I work closely with the other RAs in my building as well as professional staff on campus.
Graduate Assistant, Part-time
Graduate Assistant/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Graduate office in DCOBMarch 28, 2017
• Scanned of paper files and organized a digital database, providing support to the graduate program.
• Assisted in the graduate admissions process, helped students to identify and apply for competitive scholarships, and responded inquiries from prospective graduate students, creating an easy way in their further career.
• Organized meetings and events, collated and classified documents, and did projects assigned from professors, proceeding every daily routine in an orderly way.
na
Grant Specialist Internship (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 7, 2017
This internship allowed me to connect with people that were apart of different corporations. This is a great way to get you foot in the door on if you are interested in grant specialization.
Productive, and educative workplace
Cell Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 2, 2017
The typical day at the workplace is educative and i am able to learn new things every time. The whole part of the work was enjoyable since it was my area of concentration. Rules are being strictly adhered to.
Very Good Place to work, professional and room for advancement.
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 3, 2017
I worked at Jacksonville University for 4 months however the position that I was hired for was more of a clinical position and Clinical was not in my background. Great Place to Work.
Pros
Benefits, hours and personnel.
Cons
Clear examples of job description and requirements prior to hire.
Accepting of my school schedule
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 29, 2016
Everything about the job of assisting the office staff was perfect, they all were kind and understanding. On a typical day at work I would sign in first and then check around the office to make sure it was clean and had all of the supplies necessary that the faculty or professors would need. Also, I ran errands that needed to be made for the faculty in the office.
Pros
Breaks, worked around my class schedules
Great opprotunity to gain education through the workplace.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 18, 2016
Benefits are the main reason to work here. The ability to have three classes a semester is great. Everyone is friendly on campus and willing to help. The pay is subpar and makes it difficult to live independently on those wages.
Incredible management team
Assistant Softball Coach (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 22, 2016
The city of Jacksonville is amazing. Sports, events, and nightlife always something going on. Working at Jacksonville University was a great experience and career builder.
Very comfortable working place
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 16, 2016
I love the working place and the management team. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you will work with. The worst part of the job is the pay rate currently in place.
Great place to go to school with amazing professors and learning environment
Physics Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 3, 2016
Working at Jacksonville University as a physics lab assistant and doing undergraduate research helped me focus my interests and career path. The professors that I worked under were very helpful and easy to communicate with.
N/a
Investment Accountant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 20, 2015
Work day was from 8 until 5 PM
Learned alot about investments and accounting.
Management was dealing with the students more than the employees
The co-workers were very dedicated but under appreciated
No real direction for the university as a whole
The time off