JACKSONVILLE URBAN LEAGUE Employee Reviews

Urban League
Administrative Liaison / Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 25, 2017
This was an amazing experience for me. I learned so much during this internship. They improved my business skills, social skills, and helped build resumes. They helped with finding jobs by having regular job fairs. i highly recommend this summer internship to everyone this is an amazing opportunity.
Lead Teacher VPK
Teacher (VPK) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 1, 2017
Maintained overall classroom academics and management (developed lesson plans, conducted observations, assessed all children and implemented individual plans to meet needs.)
hardest part of the job was transition from assistant to teacher,the most enjoyable part of the job children and families.
Pros
Summers off
Cons
pay grade scale
productive place and nice place helping clients
assisted secretary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 18, 2016
well while working at the jacksonville urban league i manage to communicate better with the clients.one of the hardest part of the job was to perform research and provided customer service and the most enjoyable part was collaborating with manger
Working to empower the community
Microsoft Office Trainer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 19, 2016
Offering many different programs to the community at large. Supply chain management, soft skills computer training and summer camp programs that are designed for supporting the community.
Pros
Concern for the people
Cons
I wasn't a salaried employee
Productive and fun workplace
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32209June 1, 2016
Working at the Urban league helps improve not on your people skills, but professional skills as well. At, times they have events for the employees to attend that focuses on career building, professionalism, and character building.
productive day at work
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 13, 2015
if my job assignment didn't end I would still be working there, loveable people, the ceo you was very understanding of every situation, great benefits. I would recommend if you was to apply there to ready to work hard.
Maintaining the Facility
Facility Maintenece (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 3, 2014
Having the building licensing for 17 years and interacting with my co-workers and crew members was always positive and helped to make my job easier.
Pros
pay, healthcare, advancement
Cons
N/a
Workplace for children
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 21, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure that my children was safe and meeting the requirements.
enjoyed the kids
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 5, 2013
the kids were a joy to work with. some of the staff use to not get along with each other
Pros
love the child i worked with
Cons
some of the staff was not nice people
Great Place to Work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaAugust 31, 2013
I worked with the Jacksonville Urban League at two different times. Both times, I enjoyed my time there. The Jacksonville Urban League is a very important organization in the city of Jacksonville that is here to help those who need assistance with housing, economic empowerment, employment, and other issues. It was great working with this organization and seeing them help the people in the community.
Summer job in high school. Very fun.
member of this community outreach program (Former Employee) –  jax, FLJuly 5, 2013
This was a summer job in downtown Jacksonville. We went around the city to various summer camps performing skits bringing awareness to the youth about various matters in the community.
summer job
member of this community outreach program (Former Employee) –  jacksonville, FLSeptember 4, 2012
The first summer I took part in this was my first job. Went to different summer camps locally performing skits for kids throughout the community.
Very nice job nice company to work for.
Sub Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville,FlSeptember 1, 2012
I enjoy working with the children and coworker.nice company to work for.
Was a struggle being there
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2012
Poor management. Cares nothing for the employees. Management is all about management. There are employees in positions that have no business being there. It doesn't matter if you never come to work, you can still keep your job. They care nothing about the clients coming in for assistance. I'll say it again, Management is all about Management.
Operation Brightside
Housing Department Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 16, 2012
Great for teens that want to get started in workforce! Operation Brightside was the best
Busy and challanging
Senior Food Service Editor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 8, 2012
Great Program Poor Management. The Company had 23 site that
feed children age 3-5. I had 34 employees work under me I was the
only Supervisor most of the time time . The work load was great with
the option of over time pay.
Productive and fun workplace
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 6, 2012
Assist classroom teacher with daily classroom responsibilities. Ensure that child are involved in the daily learning experience.Also making sure the classroom environment is healthy and safe.I also ride the bus from the center.I've had the opportunity to learn what is expected of a classroom personnel.I've had the opportunity to mature and grow into the position.My supervisor is very sweet and professional.My co-workers would be great if they would focus on the children and not other people business .The hardest part about the job is being with the children all year getting attached and they leave you at the end of the year .The most enjoyable part of the job is the children.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
people need to focus on the real matter at hand which is the children
A fun and exciting place
Preschool Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 14, 2012
A typical day at work is getting through the lesson plans for the day, observing outdoor and indoor play. Feeding the children and putting them down for a nap. I learned that you have to have a lot of patience when it comes to children and you have to work with them, let them know that you are there for them when they need help. Some children learn faster than others and I have dealt with a child with a disability, it was hard but I always made sure the child was on the right path. Managing a classroom is not as hard as people think. If you gain the respect of the children they will listen and follow directions. The hardest part of this job was making sure everything on the checklist was complete because DCF comes to check them. I always enjoy the children, sitting down and talking to them and playing with them. I like to see children smile and if they don't i'll make sure I put a smile on their faces.
Fun to work with the children and loving families
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  ARQUES ROAD JACKSONVILLE FLORIDAJanuary 19, 2012
I enjoyed working at the urban league it was just that I was supposet to have my hours in by october 2011 and I had two more classes and because the classed fell after the deadline alot of teachers not only me had to be disqualified for my teaching posiiton. But I enjoyed the years and the families that I was able to change the lives in.
Pros
family style lunch, we had to eat with the children
Cons
we didnt break away from building, we had a break once our children went down