Jacobi Medical Center Employee Reviews

didn't know what to expect
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 7, 2017
It's a city hospital, so this would kind of tell you what kind of place it is. It's very tense, the systems are slow, and the people that actually work here are even slower. You have to learn the area as quickly as possible because people who come there will get angry if you can't help them (even if you tell them you're new or only an intern)
As an intern they will run you ragged. You'll basically do w/e the workers are too lazy/call in sick for.
If you need hospital experience, try this place. It will prepare you for anywhere.
Pros
Clean, nice lunch places
Cons
expensive, no room for growth
Jmc 2017
Dental Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 26, 2017
Working at Jacobi has given me a lot of experience to use throughout life, unfortunately there is no room for growth. Staff is wonderful, patients are difficult to deal with at times. The salary is not enough for the amount of work given.
Pros
staff, experience
Cons
salary, patient, management, growth
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 24, 2017
At this place I obtained a great deal of experience. The staff were very courteous, friendly and very helpful. The supervisor was very nice and understanding.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
Short term job
Don't Work At Health & Hospitals JACOBI
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Main CampusJuly 16, 2017
Management doesn't involve input from employees regarding important decisions regarding what is going on in the hospital or with the status of employees jobs. They just call them into the Executive Office and terminate them for no reason without consulting the employees supervisors. They don't explain why they are terminating you they just block your computer access and give you a certain amount of time to vacate the premises with or without your personal belongings. Everyone is always on edge not able to function and take care of patients properly because they are worried about their jobs.
Pros
Convenient to my home
Cons
Executive Management
good to work but laid off
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10465July 12, 2017
great place to work, i enjoyed working the co-workers were friendly and helpful. would recommend to any one looking for a fast paced and enjoyable work enivorment.
A great place to work
clerical associate 4 (Current Employee) –  1400 pelham parkway southJuly 12, 2017
My typical day at work is always rewarding to me because i get to work with patients in the Oncology department who are coming for a follow up Oncology appointment or to receive Chemotherapy. Many are scared especially when they are new to the service so I always try to put a smile on there face and always try and encourage them to try and stay positive. I work closely with the pharmacist, doctors, and nurses in making sure the patients appointments are schedule insurance is active and referrals and authorizations are approved. I also am responsible for schedule all of the chemotherapy regimens for the patients next treatment.
Pros
putting a smile on one persons face a day
Cons
hearing bad new about our paients
Productive and good place to work
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 27, 2017
Very pleasant always looking forward to go to work Learned managerial skills that I did not possess. Management was good .
Work place culture, Multi- cultural .Hardest part of the job enforcing
discipline and getting employees complying
Fringe benefits
Pros
free parking ? free lunches
Cons
Good healthcare benefits
Great for new grads
Staff Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 26, 2017
Payment is timely. Ability to work in a variety of different settings. Able is access management to work out any issues. Great for new grads looking for experience.
Excellent trauma hospital
Clinical Intern (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 25, 2017
Not a bad location to work at, sometimes can be a little frustrating but that is the nature of the beast. Sometimes equipment can be a little short but the staff ensures the job gets done no matter what.
Interesting and fun
Infection Preventionist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 17, 2017
I love the health field. My goal is to become a Nurse or an ultrasound tech one day. Just getting my hands inside one of the biggest and known hospitals was an achievement. My major is Public Health and I have got some experience within that field. I love learning and giving others my knowledge. I love helping people and me having an opportunity at Jacobi has helped me a lot as an individual too. I volunteer and not get paid a single penny! I love helping people and soon want to pursue a career in this field.
Pros
Flexible hours with school
Long
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 14, 2017
I cant really say much. I wasn't there for very long. I was only doing my externship there. I got to work with a machine called the robot, I also got to fill patients carts.
Great place to work, great people, simple jobs, and overall just a good atmosphere filled with light hearted people.
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 5, 2017
Overall, working at Jacobi was a fun experience for me. It was my first real job, and it was a good one to start off, despite being just a summer job.
Pros
Keeps us busy, helps employees if they need it
Cons
Summer job, limited pay, not many breaks
Productice work place
CLERICAL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 30, 2017
A typical day at work was good exciting and adventurous. I learned a lot working here just different cultures, how to respond to things and to deal with patients families.
Pros
great way to get you experience
Cons
needs to be a little more friendly to there staff
RN (Current Employee) –  MedicineMay 30, 2017
I have the privilege to work at Jacobi as an RN. I am part of a great team, and always enjoy to work with team. Everyone is a team player. I mostly enjoy working with patients.
Great Learning experience
Research Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 27, 2017
Volunteering at Jacobi Hospital has been a great learning experience. I get to interact with the patients and help them to understand what we do according to guideline of our research department.
Intern Review
Intern - Material Management Department (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 24, 2017
Currently interning at Jacobi. It is a good place to learn from many different people. Management is helpful and nice. People are kind and well mannered.
A Good place to start of your career
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 24, 2017
They do hire many interns, that is how I was hired as well. It is a good place to start, in order to gain experience since their are many technologists that are 20+ in experience. But i can't say much about wanting to go for the long run here.
Great hospital for a new nurse
Registered Nurse, Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 22, 2017
Busy L&D unit. Learnt everything I know as a nurse there. I enjoy going to work everyday. A typical night shift- receive patient report from the day tour in front of patient. We have a huddle two times each night to ensure that the nurses, doctors and midwives are aware of what is going on on the unit. Patient safety is very important.
Helpfull HIV project
Board Member (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 14, 2017
Helpfull HIV projet targeting people of African origin living in the south Bronx. Aim to increase HIV testing and counseling among African communities.
great job
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 7, 2017
excellent place to work . everyone is easy to get along with. it was a easy job. the pay was ok for the time that I had the job. they didn't have many employees so it was good