Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews

Enjoyable and educational workplace
Resident Project Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits
Cons: None
As project representative most days meant reviewing an following standard operating procedures. As a field person most of my daily contacts were with either the client or subcontractor.
Great Workplace
Structural Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Great pay, great company
Jacobs provided all the necessary tools for one to grow and develop in the workforce. Jacobs is tough but a very rewarding workplace.
Constant change
Project Manager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 30, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: leadership and management
Not a bad place to work but the pace is not as fast as I would like. Leadership tries but too much interference from the corporate leaders.
Not good anymore!!!
Supervisor (Former Employee), Lima, OhioJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Steady work
Cons: upper management and site manager
Lima Ohio used to be the best job ever but then new management and rules. upper management does nothing but look for ways to get good people fired. If you kiss up to upper management you might last a few years. Do not waste your time here as it is headed down the drain fast!!!
Too Big
Construction Management Project Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: Healthcare, red tape, politics
Originally was a fun place to work with company sports, happy hours and time off, which promoted a good work/life balance. There was support and growth opportunities.

However, more recently, there are few mentors and little promoting within the company. There is little support and few opportunities for payed overtime.
very Knowledgeable and productive
labor worker (Former Employee), Morenci, AZJuly 28, 2015
Pros: great trade when for construction is in high demand
Cons: not enough room for opportunities in management
Mainly went over our safety hazards, gave a safety tip, stretched and flex. Reviewed our progress then reviewed the schematics to assign personal to existing area or new. report all finding and issues to our immediate supervisor or manager.
working small on site project dealing with constent changes.
Design Coordinator (Current Employee), Victoria, TexasJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Working with excellent design team, and close relations with client
Cons: Dealing with constant changes and funding
Presently working on a site team working directly with client on a daily basis. Working with all disciplines, give direction to disciplines.
Learned how to cope with multiple changing daily
Was the manager of the site team,
Excellent working relationship with co-workers,
Hardest part was implementing changes without changing the schedule, while the best part is working with an excellent team.
Great work experience
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2015
My experience with Jacobs is that the company is exceptional. The management is fantastic. A large company who truly appreciates their employees personally.
Hard working organization with emphasis reimbursable cost engineering
Process Engineering Manager and Section Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJuly 23, 2015
Pros: High salary for experienced personnel
Cons: High stress level
Worked there for 12 years with increasing levels of responsibility. Rewarded in terms of high salary, but in down turn was ROF'd and not called back.

Assignments were local companies that Jacobs had long term relationships with. Business development was part of a senior engineer's role and expectations
In general, a good employer - they pay competitively
Help Desk Analyst II (Current Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible working hours. Competitive salaries
Cons: limited chance for advancement; boring work.
My job was classified but it dealt with computers. The initial training was hit or miss depending on who was assigned to train you. Each trainer seems to have their own way of teaching the material. There was no formal training syllabus or operations manual to refer to.

The management was generally very nice. The Ft. Walton Beach manager was an excellent manager - none better.

I would still be there but for sequestration.
Fast Paced
Junior System Administrator (Former Employee), Little Creek, VAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Pay, Benefits
Cons: Each branch of service troubleshooting was not the same
Help Desk Support for SOCOM for all four branches of the military. Remote Desktop, config management, Active Directory Support, Create/Delete user accounts.
Overall a productive company.
PC Support Technician II (Current Employee), Metairie, LAJuly 20, 2015
Jacobs is a productive company where what you do on a daily basis is predictable for the most part. The management is good, they want to get things done. The engineers do a good job of staying focused on their job. The most enjoyable part of the job are the periodic 4 day weekends we get.
Manages by intimidation and advancement is by the buddy system.
Planner (Former Employee), Clinton, IowaJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunches for safety accomplishments.
Cons: Terrible communication from management.
I worked for Jacobs 4 years without a performance review, and when I asked for opportunities for advancement, training, and clarification of my job responsibilities, I was laid off. Current management does not like to be held responsible.
Excellent company, very professional environment.
LOGSA Consultant (LNO) (Former Employee), Goose Creek SCJuly 13, 2015
Professional environment with great benefits, very good leadership and I would work there given a new contract is awarded in Logistics. Training was very extensive and gave me the knowledge and support that allowed me to excel in all ares of my tasks.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Very reliable
Cons: work is slowing down
Worked through the cold months and the office is nice and easy. I enjoyed my co workers. Very complicated daily input for payroll.
A temp for over a year
Disbursements specialist (Current Employee), Oak Ridge, TNJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Excellent work environment
Cons: Promises broken
I was brought on board at Jacobs for a second time as a temp with the promise of being made a permanent employee. After a year and a month nothing has been set in stone at all!
Fabulous Employer
IFC Database Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Training opportunities, group picnics
Cons: None
This is a great place to work. Plenty of opportunities to advance. Training opportunities. Great work environment, friendly co-workers and management. They take employee safety and well being very seriously.
Im a hard worker and very easy to get along with
Production excavator operator (Former Employee), Morenci, AZJune 27, 2015
I am a serious person about work when I need to be but I can also have a good time working but getting the job done in a timely manner I take pride in my work and enjoy being productive and getting jobs done right
Very professional and personable atmosphere.
Sr. Civil Designer (Design Team Lead) (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 24, 2015
Pros: Free parking garage
Cons: Occasional project set-backs due to the clients lack of commitment.
* Typical day consists of reviewing, coordinating with other disciplines, and creating/editing CAD files.
* I learned how to combine various software and features to expedite production.
* Management was very professional and well educated.
* Co-workers worked well together and efficiently to get our projects completed and under budget.
* The hardest part of the job was designing and coordinating sanitary sewer with storm drain conflicts.
* The most enjoyable part of the job was that the teams of designers worked well together, and could coordinate change "on the fly".
Great job. not such a personal company.
Weapon System Operator (Former Employee), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDJune 18, 2015
Overall great company. Don't think they care about the little man. Just overall profit. Would work there again. Great people there. Too much upper management.

1 2 3 4 5

About Jacobs

Jacobs, with annual revenues of nearly $13 billion, is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, – Read more

Jacobs Salaries