Jacobs Employee Reviews

Inspection Coordinator
Inspection Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Project Surveillance Inspection Supervisor. Responsibilities included issuing inspection assignments to third party inspection agencies; ensured local inspectors were performing up to client standards; performed intermediate as well as final inspections on many of the tag items in various fabricators.
Hard-working people, appreciative management
TECHNICAL WRITER/E-MEDIA PRODUCER (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 21, 2016
Working at Jacobs was the best experience of my professional life. There was a culture of expectation balanced with trust that I have looked for often (and been disappointed not to find) in other positions. Market pressures have forced Jacobs to realign for now. Nevertheless, I think highly of them, would return to them in a minute, and would not hesitate to recommend them to a family member or friend.
Pros
Enlightened corporate culture
Cons
Vulnerable to petrochemical industry's rise and fall
Relaxed atmosphere....Great boss
Office Worker A - Accounting/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Exxon Chem Plant MaintenanceSeptember 19, 2016
Great company....Excellent co-workers. Good Benefits. I loved working at Jacobs...The people were friendly and helpful...Made working enjoyable. Being a runner allowed me a certain amount of responsibility to get to the main office on Essen and back in a timely fashion...
Pros
Good work conditions
Cons
Worked 10 hours 4 days a week...Great schedule except you are late getting home to family.
Good employer
Operator/Switchman (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 14, 2016
Exxon Mobil BPEP was a very clean and safe site. Job had overtime for those who wanted it. Very helpful team. The company treated people fair.
Jacobs is a great company to work for.
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 4, 2016
Jacobs is a great company to work for. I loved the diversity of Jacobs. They are a world-wide company with lots of opportunity. In my time with Jacobs, the Management team was superior.
Limited or zero growth opportunities
Senior Piping Designer/Application Support (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 31, 2016
Limited or zero growth opportunities. Favoritism reigns higher than talent.
Management does not know what assets they have working in their perspective organizations.
Zero trust is given to those not in the "old boys club".
A place for people to grow
Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAAugust 31, 2016
It's been my experience at Jacobs over the last six years that it is a company that focuses on rewarding superior performance with growth opportunities.
Best job I ever had.
Purchasing Director (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 28, 2016
Great management from the President. Very challenging and enjoyable work. Satisfying. Good commute from home. Good hours. Job no longer exists.
Pros
Lots
Corporate America
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 23, 2016
When I first started working at Jacobs many years ago, I was excited for the possibilities that a company who employs tens of thousands of people could bring. Over the years, however, I've found that this is a company that exudes Corporate America's strengths and weaknesses to a tee. Over the years I found it to be a culture that really doesn't care about its employees, even though we have countless useless meetings telling us that they do. Upper management has no concern for the concerns of employees, rather urges us to "tow the line" and follow corporate policy no matter how stupid, unprofessional or intrusive into our personal lives those policies may be. A major policy change was enacted this year much to the chagrin of a large percentage of employees, and we were told that after "days of meetings" the CEO and the rest of upper management stated that the policy stays as decreed, with no changes or exceptions whatsoever. In addition to this we receive no training, poor benefits that are often overly expensive and can be found from third parties for less, and other office amenities that are basic at best. I haven't had a bad experience working here for years, but it hasn't been anything other than mediocre. Dealing with management, including my own more direct supervisors, has been like dealing with government red tape and bureaucrats that couldn't care less about you or your situation, just their next pay raise and the interests of their shareholders.
Pros
Stable work environment, many opportunities worldwide, wide variety of industry involvement
Cons
Difficult to advance, mediocre pay, expensive benefits, uninterested management
Decent place to work, advancemnt limited
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYAugust 22, 2016
Daily field work throughout NYC, worked on hurricane sandy relief efforts throughout NYC. All the projects were for NYCHA. The scope of the work required was a phase 1 of pre inspection of toxic levels within the crawl spaces under all housing developments. Phase 2 was the complete remediation of pipe ACM and non ACM pipe insulation and soil, all debris was also removed from within the crawlspaces. the pipe insulation was re installed after all the remediation.
Pros
Field work
Cons
inexperienced management
Great culture and caring for employees! Competent pay
Carpenter Helper (Former Employee) –  Mont Belvieu, TXAugust 21, 2016
On a personal level, the biggest improvement I made, both "on and off" the job, is safety! My ability to Identify hazards, having better situational awareness, and being able to notice/discuss unsafe work conditions, was improved majorly! I discovered how great, and productive a job is when coworkers treat each other respect and bond like family. This venture has set the stakes high as the "best job, company, and client" I've been a part of thus far!
Pros
Great job planning by management, happy workplace, a bunch of level headed people working together as a team.
Cons
Expensive and incompetent heath insurance
Good place to grow
IA Analyst Wx Systems Branch (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MNAugust 18, 2016
I started off young and inexperienced. Jacobs helped guide me through getting my Masters and earning certificates and rewarding me with new job positions and opportunities along the way.
Much too large of a company
National Closeout Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 18, 2016
Jacobs purchased the company I worked for 2 years ago and it has been disasterous. No one feels safe and the morale is the lowest it has ever been. I used to love coming to work but now I work for managers that have no idea who I am or what I do.
Challenging and interesting work
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 15, 2016
Coordinate with other disciplines and clients to achieve a desirable outcome for the current project. Analyzing information to define project requirements. The management and co-workers were always ready and willing to do the necessary work to achieve a desirable outcome for the project.
Pros
excellent working atmospere
Cons
Excellent working environment and people are friendly
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 14, 2016
Excellent working environment and people are friendly, flexible working hours ( 4 days in a week , 10 hours a day). Its good company to work with very good employee and management also good to learn. All senior are very friendly also ready to explain any technical question or concern also team work environment.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
work as contractor, so no idea about this part
A very good company. Lot of extra curricular activities, annual picnic. Health concious exercise teams. Company supports Untedway every year and it is
Lead Piping Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2016
Work was very challenging and rewarding. Four days work week was nice. Management was friendly and listen to every employee. I enjoyed working at Jacobs engineering. I learned a lot during past 15 years.
Friendly and Secure work environment
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAAugust 10, 2016
The company is a large international firm, I worked for the Pharma/Bio Line of Business and found the people to be great to work with. A friendly work environment giving a consistent sense of security.
Pros
Secure...most employees have many years of service
Cons
Globally the company is too large to have such inadequate health and welfare benefits
Very Proessional Environment
Part-time Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNAugust 8, 2016
They were professional, nice management, employees & working environment. Always was willing to help and checked on you. The working hours was good.
Pros
Working Hours were good
Cons
Not enough working hours & low hourly pay
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 8, 2016
Great place to work, the co-workers and management are very helpful and understanding. I would love to work there again someday.
Everyday was a new and different challenge
Non-Project Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 6, 2016
Jacobs provided an extreme core training program and excellent emphasis on safety. I enjoyed working in my division and appreciated the cooperation from other divisions when I had to interact with others.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Frequent top management turnovers