Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews

Exciting and rewarding work experience.
Small Arms Technician (Former Employee), aberdeen proving grounds,mdMay 23, 2015
Diverse environment. Employed all the skills and experiences learned over a lifetime of working. Very safe work conditions. Very well compensated.
My time at Jacobs
Document Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2015
Overall I had an enjoyable experience at Jacobs. Met some interesting people and was a involved in a good work environment.

I learned a lot about detail in document management. The hardest part of my job was probably the deadlines that needed to be met.

I like the field of document management as it is not that stressful but communication was always an issue. We had work instructions in place but if something deviated from the norm, it wasn't communicated to the group.
A fun place to work
Quality Control Officer, Drill & Blast Inspector (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 19, 2015
Pros: Great Teamwork
Cons: Seek necessary support
One carries on his/her daily duties with no interruptions.
A great place to learn and job participation is great.
Help is always there at the request.
Productive place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Jenkinsville, SCMay 18, 2015
Pros: Good job
Cons: Health care
Working at a Surface/ RO / UV / UF Water Treatment Plant it is my job to reviews the work of subordinates for completeness and accuracy; evaluates and makes recommendations as appropriate; offers advice and assistance as needed.
Provides for adequate staff training opportunities.
Assists in developing and administering the department budget; ensures effective and efficient use of budgeted funds, personnel, materials, facilities and time.
Develops and implements department policies and procedures.
Manages and oversees all daily plant operations for one Nuclear Unit RO/UV/UF water treatment plant facility. Determine efficiency of operations, maintenance requirements, and cleanliness of equipment and processes.
Oversees start-up, shut-down, regulating and adjusting motors, pumps, compressors, grinders, blowers, valves and other apparatus to meet changing operating conditions.
Develops and maintains reports of plant processes and operations as required by regulatory agencies and the County.
Flexible Schedule if you work in a Jacobs office
DOCUMENT CONTROL MANAGER (Sempra) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 16, 2015
Overall good company to work for. Overall good company to work for. Overall good company to work for.
Overall good company to work for.
Very Nice and Professional
Part-time Receptionist (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNMay 13, 2015
Pros: Very Pofessional
Cons: NA
Jacobs was very good and nice to their employees. Always supportive and communicated important issues to employees. They were very professional and made sure we were aware of our safety on an assignment
Great work enviroments
School Choice Enhancement Project Facilatator (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: great benifits
Cons: none
Great work environments. amazing experience. It help me grown as a professional. The management was wonderful. Great work environments. amazing experience. It help me grown as a professional. The management was wonderful. Great work environments. amazing experience. It help me grown as a professional. The management was wonderful. Great work environments. amazing experience. It help me grown as a professional. The management was wonderful. Great work environments. amazing experience. It help me grown as a professional. The management was wonderful. Great work environments. amazing experience. It help me grown as a professional. The management was wonderful.
Enjoyed Projects and meeting new people
Procurement Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 12, 2015
I enjoyed working at Jacobs but wished there was some way to prevent forced layoffs due to down time. Typical work day consisted of creating bid packages to send to approved suppliers, creating bid evaluations for upper management review and creating purchase orders for awarded suppliers. Maintaining hard copy and computer files and interacting with suppliers. Management and co-workers were nice and willing to help me as well as I helping them. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I had the opportunity to train engineers and admin personnel on the new computerized procurement system for creating and tracking bid packages and purchaser order.
Boring position that 110% of duties could be done at home.
VMware Administrator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 11, 2015
Pros: Easy work, no micro-management to deal with.
Cons: The nearly 90 minute commute in Dallas traffic.
Just another corporate slave environment where I sat 8 hours a day at a desk staring at dual monitors throughout the day. I was the only person working on the VMware project that was located at the downtown Dallas location, so I had no interaction with anyone around me. I could have done 110% of the job duties from home with a VPN connection and saved on commuting costs.
Good Company and Contract
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLMay 11, 2015
I work on the contract that services the AFSOC Service Desk. The contract was well paid and the management are good leaders who are knowledgeable and compassionate. Day to day work is answering phone calls and creating incident tickets in Remedy then assigning them to higher tier service levels. Hardest part of the job is the monotony of the work. Co-workers are all working toward the same goal and helpful to newcomers, getting them trained quickly and on track with everyone else.
Productive and enjoyable atmosphere.
Manufacturing Planner (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 7, 2015
Pros: Good Pay, awesome hours
Cons: budget restrictions that lead to lay offs
Jacobs cares about their employees.
Had the honor of running the Quick response department. It allowed engineers to bring in their ideas on a napkin and let us decide how to make it for them quickly vs the going thru al the red tape to get a job done. It was a department that was in the middle of the machine shop and allowed me to interact with all employees and get a better understanding of all the processes that they required. It made my job of writing the work orders up amazingly easy.
Loved working with the technicians. Seeing the end result product and the eingineer saying it was perfect was my biggest reward.
The hardest part was leaving there.
Always different field assignments that makes for a 'good day' at Jacobs
Control Systems Designer (Current Employee), Long Beach, CaliforniaMay 6, 2015
Pros: Supervisor before the current one was excellent. He was very knowledgeable, patient and willing to share his knowledge
Cons: The new supervisor has much to learn and has brought a bit (much) more 'politics' into the mix.
Overall, a pleasant place to work. Unfortunately,
job security has become an issue here. Due to the
volatile gas prices, politics, etc., the client(s) seem
to be less willing to release funding for future projects.
Great place
Drafter (Current Employee), DallasMay 6, 2015
Is had a great environment and good colleagues. Willing to work around school education to raise in the company. Have a safe environment
great way to start
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 1, 2015
Pros: exposure to basic IT systems and software
Cons: mid sized IT company. Not in contact with many other IT fields as you work yours.
Jacob's seems to be a midsize IT company. Because of that they focus on hiring higher quality IT;s for their various positions. You will be expected to learn your job quickly at this company. Management isn't very forgiving or understanding here, so you will need to be about your business and try to anticipate what their goals are. Coworkers here seem to take on a little of the company's business first, people second mentality, but overall they're nice people. I learned remote pc management and basic troubleshooting skills here, as well as the basics of Active Directory. I Most enjoyable part of the job here was interacting with my customers who'd call into the helpdesk.
High performance engineering company.
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee), Houston TexasApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great workforce. There was a personnal caring about each other.
Cons: Over the years, a really bad management group formed after several good managers retired.
Performed plant engineering functions in a large refinery. I had every day communications with operations, maintenance, construction, and engineering.
Average
Project Manager (Current Employee), AnonymousApril 29, 2015
What you would expect from a 50,000 person company. Pay is above average. Alot of favoritism shown in my office. It seems focus is more on metrics of the company than client satisfaction.
Great work, good people
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 27, 2015
Pros: people, work
Cons: senior management
If you are assigned to a job, life can be very good. However, if you are between projects, it can be very challenging. The people are great. The management not so much.
Great entry level company with travel opportunities.
Planner (Former Employee), WashingtonApril 25, 2015
Entry-level salary levels and responsibilities are good. The ability to travel and relocate for positions all over the world is a perk.
very good company to work for.
Scaffold Foreman (Former Employee), Deer Park, TXApril 23, 2015
I loved working for this company. one of the best companies I have worked for. the environment was good. great brotherhood.
Great company for employment
Sr. Designer/Lead (Former Employee), Metairie, LAApril 23, 2015
Pros: personnel great
Very professional place to work. Hours and the work week very flexible. Engineers very professional. Co workers are team players.

1 2 3 4 5

About Jacobs

Jacobs, with annual revenues of nearly $13 billion, is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, – Read more

Jacobs Salaries