Jacobs

Jacobs United States Employee Reviews

difficult mobility
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), HoustonApril 18, 2015
Very isolated environment, work gets routine, very little challenges. Very conservative work culture. Departments are separate within the company, very difficult to learn about other departments.
A run of the mill construction company
Commercial Operator (Former Employee), Morenci, AZApril 18, 2015
Pros: Good OSHA compliance
Cons: They can be hard on there employees
Jacobs Engineering is a run of the mill construction company. Many of the problems that they have are standard to the construction industry, that said they do run a safe job site.
Very nasty and polotical atomosphere
Piping Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 17, 2015
Pros: No
Cons: Everything, specially dirty managers
You must be a pretty girl or a very political guy to survive there. Managers are so unreliable and rude and political. This is not people deserve to be
Decent
Senior Programmer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 17, 2015
The work was interesting and I enjoyed the day to day activies. As a government contractor, there was little room for any career advancement. The division between government employees and government contractors was weird.
POSITIVE PLACE TO WORK
Lead Designer Denbury Facilities (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 16, 2015
Pros: WORKED CLOSE TO HOME
Cons: VERY FEW SCHEDULED HOLIDAYS
I START MY DAY MEETING WITH THE PROJECT ENGINEER AND DISCUSS THE AGENDA FOR THE DAY. I GIVE FEEDBACK ON THE WORK BEING DONE BY THE OTHER CAD DESIGNERS WORKING ON MY PROJECT. I HAD A GOOD CREW WORKING WITH ME AND WERE ALL SELF STARTERS.
THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB WAS BALANCING MY TIME BETWEEN MEETINGS AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES.
I ENJOYED DOING THE PRELIMINARY LAYOUTS OF THE PROJECTS
Positive place to work
Facilities Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: Positive people
Cons: none
Most caring and safe place that I have ever work for really enjoyed my time in this building really I do not have anything bad to say about this place.
Huge engineering firm with deep focus on oil and gas
Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 14, 2015
Jacobs is one of the big five engineering companies and it is very easy to get lost in a firm that places its primary focus on mega projects that are different than the primarily public infrastructure focus of the majority of staff in the NYC office.
Decent for the duration
Sr. Structural Designer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 10, 2015
Pretty decent company. Wish it could have been longer, but due to the market, it had to end. I would work for them in the future, once the market gets better.
Company is low on work load
Senior Material Handling Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: Company helps employees
Cons: low on work load
Company is low on work load

Has a good work peocedure and work process.

has a constant training on Engineering topics.

Is a good company to work for.

If I had enough work I would like to stay at Jacobs.
Great company
Piping Designer III / ISO Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: pay, community, schedule
Cons: insurance, benefits, job security
Good work/life balance. Multiple schedules to choose from. Competitive pay but benefits are below average. Great culture. Good community feel. Teamwork between disciplines is good. Job security is unstable as is any company in this industry, although it seems they try hard to hold people as long as possible.
Demanding work environment with flexible scheduling
Senior Project Accountant (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Flexible Scheduling
Cons: Benefits, lack of management
A typical day at work is never the same though we are accounting and have same deadlines every month.
Every day is always interrupted with some sort of fire drill due to late responses from others.
Audits are an on-going function at Jacobs and this is the biggest lesson I have learned while working there which is too always have all documentation ready in hand.
I enjoy the people I work with which is mostly out of state so I can stay out of office drama. Most enjoyable part of the job is at month end when I have all my work done or at least work I had on checklist to be done.
Project work highly dependent upon economy
Principal Process Engineer (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 6, 2015
Engineering contract company that provides Engineering, Procurement, Construction services to multiple client types. A typical work day is spent satisfying client requirements for projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Food & Beverage, Buildings, Infrastructure.
Great Place to work
Senior Electrical Designer (Current Employee), Houston, txApril 6, 2015
Pros: Great Managers
Cons: Non at this time
During my years with Jacobs I have only good things to say. Managers are very professional and willing to help any way they can. Co-Workers are also very professional and ready to get the job done
Overall Great company to work for.
Project Lead Engineer (Current Employee), Metairie, LAApril 6, 2015
Overall Great company to work for. I have enjoyed working for the company. Its a large global company that has a small company feel. Great atmosphere.
It seem like It's all about who you know!!
Millwright Apprentice (Current Employee), Plaquemine, LAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Thursday Cooking for lunch
Cons: No over time, besides the normal breaks if you are not working you can't relax have to look busy
A typical day at work consist of safety meetings and productivity of work. Learned about alignments, oil changing, lubing and overall teamwork. Supervision was ok, a few changes in the two years i've been with this company and the supervisors seem to get worse and worse with the raise approving and just overall giving bad vibes to a lot of workers. The people i have worked with are extremely nice, willing to teach and to answer any questions that are asked, then there was some who really did not care if you got what you needed or not as if it was not there responsibility to teach you. The hardest part of the job was and still is being let free. I was and still is do a lot of the lube jobs and really not trusted to do other pump pulling jobs based on the time and experience which is a little frustrating. The most enjoyable parts are when we don't have much on schedule and its relaxed and not so much of the "we need this done right now" type of day.
Welding and bolt up
Bolt up crew (Former Employee), bakersfield, CaliforniaApril 2, 2015
Jacobs gave me a good idea on the flow lines and new construction of where the gas and oil go from down hole up to surface through separation and so fourth.
Good Solid Company
Project Engineer and Architectural Inspector (Former Employee), Miramar, FlMarch 31, 2015
Jacobs is a global engineering, design and construction management company with good employee relationship benefits and advancements. I would recommend Jacobs as a place to work.
Top Experienced supervisor
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: free lunch learn
Cons: healthcare
starting at 6:00 AM until 4:00 PM

4 days a week and 3 days weekends.

I learned the basic and fundamentals of electrical engineering in real work.

my teams consisted of one PE Engineer and I am his assistance, we got 3 AutoCadd designers.

sometimes you need to repeat the same job over and over to let clients satisfied, due to some changes in the project.

the events and activities of the company are awesome.
Worked at a customer site, thus do not get the feel of being a Jacob's employee.
Plant Designer (Current Employee), Oak Ridge, TNMarch 30, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Little to no interaction with Jacob's office.
Because I am located at a customer site, there is very little contact with the Jacob's office. I do not feel as if I am an employee of Jacob's. Annual reviews are performed by my direct Jacob's supervisor located at the customer site, but annual increases are controlled by the management in the Jacob's office with total disregard to input provided by supervisor. My overall experience has been less than expected from a company the size of Jacob's.
No clear path for advancement
Scientist II (Working Lead) (Current Employee), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDMarch 28, 2015
I have learned a lot about testing and evaluating materials while employeed with Jacobs. I am greatful to Jacobs because most positions pay very well but when you excel there seems to be no clear path for advancement.

1 2 3 4 5

About Jacobs

Jacobs, with annual revenues of nearly $13 billion, is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, – Read more

Jacobs Salaries