Jacobs

Jacobs United States Employee Reviews

great way to start
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 1, 2015
Pros: exposure to basic IT systems and software
Cons: mid sized IT company. Not in contact with many other IT fields as you work yours.
Jacob's seems to be a midsize IT company. Because of that they focus on hiring higher quality IT;s for their various positions. You will be expected to learn your job quickly at this company. Management isn't very forgiving or understanding here, so you will need to be about your business and try to anticipate what their goals are. Coworkers here seem to take on a little of the company's business first, people second mentality, but overall they're nice people. I learned remote pc management and basic troubleshooting skills here, as well as the basics of Active Directory. I Most enjoyable part of the job here was interacting with my customers who'd call into the helpdesk.
High performance engineering company.
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee), Houston TexasApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great workforce. There was a personnal caring about each other.
Cons: Over the years, a really bad management group formed after several good managers retired.
Performed plant engineering functions in a large refinery. I had every day communications with operations, maintenance, construction, and engineering.
Average
Project Manager (Current Employee), AnonymousApril 29, 2015
What you would expect from a 50,000 person company. Pay is above average. Alot of favoritism shown in my office. It seems focus is more on metrics of the company than client satisfaction.
Great work, good people
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 27, 2015
Pros: people, work
Cons: senior management
If you are assigned to a job, life can be very good. However, if you are between projects, it can be very challenging. The people are great. The management not so much.
Great entry level company with travel opportunities.
Planner (Former Employee), WashingtonApril 25, 2015
Entry-level salary levels and responsibilities are good. The ability to travel and relocate for positions all over the world is a perk.
very good company to work for.
Scaffold Foreman (Former Employee), Deer Park, TXApril 23, 2015
I loved working for this company. one of the best companies I have worked for. the environment was good. great brotherhood.
Great company for employment
Sr. Designer/Lead (Former Employee), Metairie, LAApril 23, 2015
Pros: personnel great
Very professional place to work. Hours and the work week very flexible. Engineers very professional. Co workers are team players.
difficult mobility
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), HoustonApril 18, 2015
Very isolated environment, work gets routine, very little challenges. Very conservative work culture. Departments are separate within the company, very difficult to learn about other departments.
A run of the mill construction company
Commercial Operator (Former Employee), Morenci, AZApril 18, 2015
Pros: Good OSHA compliance
Cons: They can be hard on there employees
Jacobs Engineering is a run of the mill construction company. Many of the problems that they have are standard to the construction industry, that said they do run a safe job site.
Very nasty and polotical atomosphere
Piping Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 17, 2015
Pros: No
Cons: Everything, specially dirty managers
You must be a pretty girl or a very political guy to survive there. Managers are so unreliable and rude and political. This is not people deserve to be
Decent
Senior Programmer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 17, 2015
The work was interesting and I enjoyed the day to day activies. As a government contractor, there was little room for any career advancement. The division between government employees and government contractors was weird.
POSITIVE PLACE TO WORK
Lead Designer Denbury Facilities (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 16, 2015
Pros: WORKED CLOSE TO HOME
Cons: VERY FEW SCHEDULED HOLIDAYS
I START MY DAY MEETING WITH THE PROJECT ENGINEER AND DISCUSS THE AGENDA FOR THE DAY. I GIVE FEEDBACK ON THE WORK BEING DONE BY THE OTHER CAD DESIGNERS WORKING ON MY PROJECT. I HAD A GOOD CREW WORKING WITH ME AND WERE ALL SELF STARTERS.
THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB WAS BALANCING MY TIME BETWEEN MEETINGS AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES.
I ENJOYED DOING THE PRELIMINARY LAYOUTS OF THE PROJECTS
Positive place to work
Facilities Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: Positive people
Cons: none
Most caring and safe place that I have ever work for really enjoyed my time in this building really I do not have anything bad to say about this place.
Huge engineering firm with deep focus on oil and gas
Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 14, 2015
Jacobs is one of the big five engineering companies and it is very easy to get lost in a firm that places its primary focus on mega projects that are different than the primarily public infrastructure focus of the majority of staff in the NYC office.
Decent for the duration
Sr. Structural Designer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 10, 2015
Pretty decent company. Wish it could have been longer, but due to the market, it had to end. I would work for them in the future, once the market gets better.
Company is low on work load
Senior Material Handling Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: Company helps employees
Cons: low on work load
Company is low on work load

Has a good work peocedure and work process.

has a constant training on Engineering topics.

Is a good company to work for.

If I had enough work I would like to stay at Jacobs.
Great company
Piping Designer III / ISO Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: pay, community, schedule
Cons: insurance, benefits, job security
Good work/life balance. Multiple schedules to choose from. Competitive pay but benefits are below average. Great culture. Good community feel. Teamwork between disciplines is good. Job security is unstable as is any company in this industry, although it seems they try hard to hold people as long as possible.
Demanding work environment with flexible scheduling
Senior Project Accountant (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Flexible Scheduling
Cons: Benefits, lack of management
A typical day at work is never the same though we are accounting and have same deadlines every month.
Every day is always interrupted with some sort of fire drill due to late responses from others.
Audits are an on-going function at Jacobs and this is the biggest lesson I have learned while working there which is too always have all documentation ready in hand.
I enjoy the people I work with which is mostly out of state so I can stay out of office drama. Most enjoyable part of the job is at month end when I have all my work done or at least work I had on checklist to be done.
Project work highly dependent upon economy
Principal Process Engineer (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 6, 2015
Engineering contract company that provides Engineering, Procurement, Construction services to multiple client types. A typical work day is spent satisfying client requirements for projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Food & Beverage, Buildings, Infrastructure.
Great Place to work
Senior Electrical Designer (Current Employee), Houston, txApril 6, 2015
Pros: Great Managers
Cons: Non at this time
During my years with Jacobs I have only good things to say. Managers are very professional and willing to help any way they can. Co-Workers are also very professional and ready to get the job done

1 2 3 4 5

About Jacobs

Jacobs, with annual revenues of nearly $13 billion, is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, – Read more

Jacobs Salaries