Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews

Fabulous Employer
IFC Database Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Training opportunities, group picnics
Cons: None
This is a great place to work. Plenty of opportunities to advance. Training opportunities. Great work environment, friendly co-workers and management. They take employee safety and well being very seriously.
Im a hard worker and very easy to get along with
Production excavator operator (Former Employee), Morenci, AZJune 27, 2015
I am a serious person about work when I need to be but I can also have a good time working but getting the job done in a timely manner I take pride in my work and enjoy being productive and getting jobs done right
Very professional and personable atmosphere.
Sr. Civil Designer (Design Team Lead) (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 24, 2015
Pros: Free parking garage
Cons: Occasional project set-backs due to the clients lack of commitment.
* Typical day consists of reviewing, coordinating with other disciplines, and creating/editing CAD files.
* I learned how to combine various software and features to expedite production.
* Management was very professional and well educated.
* Co-workers worked well together and efficiently to get our projects completed and under budget.
* The hardest part of the job was designing and coordinating sanitary sewer with storm drain conflicts.
* The most enjoyable part of the job was that the teams of designers worked well together, and could coordinate change "on the fly".
Great job. not such a personal company.
Weapon System Operator (Former Employee), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDJune 18, 2015
Overall great company. Don't think they care about the little man. Just overall profit. Would work there again. Great people there. Too much upper management.
Facts about Jacobs
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: high salary
Cons: not people friendly, poor mgmt planning, too much overhead
Jacobs has lost for some time its connection with its people...the foundation of this company. The senior management, not office managers, do not know how to run a company. Their only concern is their own job. How can a company with 66,000 employees not keep large projects in backlog? The local Dallas and FW offices have been struggling to have large projects to keep the sustained troops busy for years. Jacobs at one time had the highest turnover rate (people leaving on their own plus fired) of any A/E firm.

If you are interested in joining this firm ask the question: Am I being hired for a long term project or a sustaining job (ex: admin)? If a long term project...RUN!

When folks are released from Jacobs the HR group doesn't even call them the day of termination nor reach out to them.

This company is not people friendly.

Signed: 9 year Sr Project Manager employee on a multi-year project just laid off...
Jacobs was alright working for.
Ironworker (Former Employee), Morenci, AZJune 16, 2015
Pros: Company provided lunch for a safe work month with out any recorderbals.
Cons: work crew had a hard time finding iron(beams, braces, etc.)
working with Jacobs was definitely an experience, had a good time working with the company working at high heights and connecting, bolting up and shaking out iron.
Productive, professional, safety first enviroment.
GSA Representative (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 10, 2015
Pros: The ability to communicate directly with upper management.
Cons: Night work.
Typically I worked on several projects as the only Jacobs employee with very little or no supervision. On several projects I was placed on the job as a trouble shooter to solve problems that hampered the job progress. Through interaction with the contractor my technical knowledge improved. Management provided 100 percent at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of successful completion of assignments that were initially very hard to solve.
fun
Avionic Technician (Former Employee), houston tx Johnson Space CenterJune 10, 2015
Pros: their picnics
Cons: short lunch breaks
build cables ,racks ,test cables ,packaging hardware
build quality hardware
work with management
training new worker knowing they were paid a higher salary then you
the lunches we would have celebrating different holidays cultures
Great Co-workers
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee), Elkview, WVJune 4, 2015
They offer great benefits and flex schedules. No job security. The would hire several people then in lees than a year they would lay off.
Caring workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 3, 2015
Pros: Every other Friday off
Cons: Short lunch
I supported one of the larger groups with included managers, technicians and engineers. My main job was maintaining the group's training which was one the hardest parts of the job. I enjoyed interacting with and assisting employees.
No comment
III (Former Employee), Hanscom AFB, MAJune 3, 2015
Don't ever leave and try to go back. The person in charge of the hiring will do whatever they can to make sure you don't get hired even if you are the most qualified candidate for the job.
Fun and energetic
Project Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 3, 2015
I learned so many different internal software programs this company uses throughout their day to day operation. I love working with numbers so this was almost an ideal job for me - expected to retire here.
wonderful company, but not what I wanted to do
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Everett, WAJune 1, 2015
Jacobs had to lay off 10% of their workforce due to the client's unforeseen budget shortfall. The five of us let go were the newest members to the team.

While I was underutilized, the Jacobs team simply could not afford to keep me on the team.

I learned that I seek other opportunities not necessarily in the construction or contracting world.

I enjoyed the people, but feel I'm meant for something different.
The work at Ford Dyno lab is fun
Dynamometer Test Technician (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIMay 31, 2015
A typical day at Ford Dyno lab is very challenging and demanding with verious responsibility For example, Installing engines in test cell, working with engineers to run date. also making sure engine is capable of running verious loads The hardest part of the job is staying up to date with engineering and sofeware changes
Senior Power & Controls Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 31, 2015
Jacobs is a great place to work. The environment is friendly and my manager is the best boss ever. Because Jacobs is a global co. traveling and paperwork is cumbersome.
Productive and a professional place to work
Electronic Technician/Fabricator II (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 30, 2015
I was given the opportunity to work on a temporary project. Even though it was short-lived, I have learned alot. Thank you
Enjoyable place to work.
Checker/Designer (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LaMay 29, 2015
Enjoyable place to work.
People are very nice to work with.
They use the latest technology.
They help train their employees with the latest software.
They are very concerned with their employee's safety.
It was productive with good learning experience
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee), Mont Belvieu, TXMay 26, 2015
It was a great place to get in field experience especially with great co-workers that helped explain how everything worked and how it was done. The hardest part of the jobs there were going into tight spaces when having a suit on to work. More or less it was great working there i loved working there and all the experience that came with it.
fun place to work
Avionic Technician (Former Employee), houston texas Johnson Space CenterMay 26, 2015
build cables harness box and panels
build quality hardware
management work with employee
no hard part working with this company
the finished hardware
It was just a job
AUTOCAD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Des Plaines ,ILMay 26, 2015
I started working there as a technician and in the end was still a CAD Tech. There was no opportunity for growth in the telecom branch. People were very nice and always helpful.

1 2 3 4 5

About Jacobs

Jacobs, with annual revenues of nearly $13 billion, is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, – Read more

Jacobs Salaries