Jacobs Employee Reviews in United States

It's a good company
Cyber Information Manager (Current Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHNovember 4, 2015
This is in the middle of benefits and culture, but the pay is better. We are currently going through a contract switch, and I have been with the company for about 4 months.
Jacobs Review
Lead I&E Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge LouisianaAugust 25, 2015
The culture is very professional. They are attempting to move 50+% of all engineering work to India. The hardest part of the job is there is no conformance between work packages. So from one client to the other they have different standards. Most enjoyable part is the challenges of large projects and the construction aspect. A typical day is several meetings and working with your leads on deliverables.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
India work share
Great leadership and integrity
Senior Logistics Manager and Jacobs Project Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 29, 2015
This company value its people and safety is primary in all work functions. Leadership is open to employee ideas.
One of the best managed companies I have worked for.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
contract work
A good consulting group in the Tolling industry.
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 6, 2016
I enjoyed working with my colleagues and learned much more that I expected about the complicated, specialized business of Tolling Systems implementation, operations, and management. My only engagement has been on the Washington Dept of Transportation (WSDOT) Tolling program, involved with much of the IT perspective on several projects. While Jacobs and WSDOT embraced much of the best practices and perspectives that brought to the efforts, they are somewhat behind the curve on recognizing and utilizing data and business intelligence to support decisions and monitoring performance.
A great place to work
Project Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2016
Jacobs was a great place to work. They offered flexible work schedules to everyone. My typical work week was 7am-5pm Monday-Thursday, with 4 hours worked each Friday.

I started in the Transportation department and had the opportunity to learn a lot about the country's road infrastructure, as well as how contracts are developed and submitted. My co-workers were great and I continue to maintain a relationship with several of them. I was given the opportunity to utilize my writing skills. The management team stressed and lived up to their open door policy.My supervisor was wonderful and very supportive
Pros
Flexible schedule, free lunches, the people I worked with.
Cons
Open concept office. I could get a bit noisy at times.
Honorable work with honorable people
Administrative Assistant to Branch Chief (Former Employee) –  Dugway Proving Ground, UTFebruary 13, 2016
Typical day here consisted of reports, meetings and financial mostly. I learned a lot at this job and was very good at it and enjoyed it immensely. The management does not like any "waves" and consisted of what is termed "good old boys club". No one says anything for fear of later retribution. My co-workers were/are good hard working people with ethics. I would recommend any of them if asked. The hardest part of this job was having to settle for what you could see was wrong or inefficient and bite your tongue to not speak up. Again, retribution for saying anything. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people and the actual work that is being done. There is a wonderfully great group of people that work at Dugway Proving Ground and the work they do there is critical to the safety of our soldiers- I was extremely honored and proud to be a part of that, even in an indirect way.
Pros
The people
Great Place to Work
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2016
You work on different project teams over your career. Make many work relationships that are long lasting. Strong safety culture. Projects are large and main objective on engineering side is to issue engineering work packages for civil, mechanical, electrical, control systems, and piping. Learn technical concepts, people skills, and team skills.
Pros
Safety
Cons
Projects come and go with oil prices
Loved my co workers
Administrative associate IV / Accts Payable (Former Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSFebruary 28, 2016
OK. The work was fine, the management left a lot to be desired. There were two sets of sisters working in the finance office and that limited the other 6 workers for any form of advancement. Other than management the people at Jacobs were a great bunch of people to work with as were the NASA employees we came in contact with daily.
Good place to work. They claim to be "Employee oriented", but do little to show the employees that they are appreciated.
Senior Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2016
Work hours are not very flexible, but not too strictly enforced. Good thing.
The company relies too much on sending as much work as possible to "Low Cost Centers" overseas, where the labor costs are much lower. This causes many problems since the quality of their work is rarely up to company standards and often needs to be redone when returned to the home office. Communication is always difficult when trying to coordinate activities on the opposite side of the globe.

Most Human Resources are farmed out to a Central HR office. So even the simplest request or question is referred to them. Things that could be done in a few minutes at the office, takes days before a response from JESI is received.
Productive and Rewarding
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 14, 2016
Performed surveillance inspection on contractor and vendor welds on
process piping systems per ASME B31.3. Used multiple computer skills to report all project
welds and NDE. Witnessed all auger casted piles, as well as witnessed concrete test per
truck, per pile. Assured that all vendor/fabricator NDE was in accordance with client
specifications. Also audited contractor installation of structural steel per AWS D1.1 &
AISC, and civil concrete and forms per ACI. During this time also performed receiving
inspection on piping, equipment, etc. Also responsible for assuring that contractor field
inspectors had the applicable information for the jobs being performed. Audited contractor
documentation packages for turnover.
Great Company to Work For
Senior Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2016
What I liked most about my time at Jacobs was the four day work week. I worked from 6am to 4:30pm Monday through Thursday. The three day weekends gave me lots of time to pursue other activities and enjoy family time.

I would have liked the opportunity to take on new responsibilities and challenges. I feel my skills and experience were severely underutilized and that was frustrating at times.
Pros
Four day work week
Cons
Lack of opportunity for advancement or new challenges
Productive and very determined to get the job done
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at work consists on getting to work for 6:00am every Monday-Thursday. As an operation assistant I learned a lot of different things. I learned the production of polyethylene, the amount of and work t takes for each task, the number of people needed to be involved in such task, and a lot on how the business is actually run. The most enjoyable part of the job was becoming great friends with a lot of the management involved at DOW Chemical. There are many things that each individual in upper management have taught me throughout my time working there.
Pros
Cons
Not enough lee-way time to focus on school work during breaks
Excellent place to work. I only wish the econ. was doing better.
Representative assignments (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77072February 29, 2016
Loved the people, culture, management and professionalism that is cultivated at this company. Also very safety and education orientated which was great! I could see myself retiring at Jacobs...still do if the economy was doing better.
Pros
Restaurants on 1st floor and occasional food trucks during lunch time
Cons
Needs more parking area.
Productive and Fun Place to work
5. Integrated Teams
6. Camaraderie
Very good company
Network Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 31, 2015
Jacobs was a very professional company. They have great benefits. They are very employee oriented. They kept real good communication with the employees and offered bonuses. The company was good at keeping their employees educated on new technologies also.
Benefits
Cons
lots of corparate paperwork
Eacellent
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 9, 2016
GREAT PLACE TO WORK LIMITED GROWTH POTENTIAL.
work hours are 7-330 daily very limited overtime.
can do just about anything as far a working goes. one day you can be installing a light the next day installing the worlds largest horizontally mounted motor. the people here are for the most part great to work with , just do your job and you have no trouble with the bosses. The hardest part of the job would be finding work to do to stay busy some days. the most enjoyable part is being able to see thing most people only see on tv
Pros
flexible time for doctors appts
Cons
limited growth potential
Hard working organization with emphasis reimbursable cost engineering
Process Engineering Manager and Section Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJuly 23, 2015
Worked there for 12 years with increasing levels of responsibility. Rewarded in terms of high salary, but in down turn was ROF'd and not called back.

Assignments were local companies that Jacobs had long term relationships with. Business development was part of a senior engineer's role and expectations
Pros
High salary for experienced personnel
Cons
High stress level
Great company, very employee driven. Fair.
Test Technician 3 Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 7, 2016
Jacobs provided me with a very safe work environment and gives you all the tools needed to succeed in your job. Easy to speak with management that supports it's employees. Great benefits at a fair cost.
Compensation and Job Security/Advancement scored low only because as a contract company they can only work within the window their contracts allow.
The Beyond Zero safety program is a great initiative and has driven the business's they work with to raise their safety standard.
Pros
company paid safety supplies, 1 pair safety toe shoes a year, safety glasses and work gloves.
Fun place to work with a safety orientated culture and environment
Office Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 26, 2016
Colleagues are always in high motivation to get the job done.
Field personnel are always alert with safety practice and working environment.
The management are always concern about the team work effort and harmony.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the project being built according to the plan and you are part of the team.
Pros
Company paid educational seminar.
Cons
Lack of direct communication to the head office.
Great company and good people
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 16, 2016
If you work hard and follow the Jacobs way you will do well. I say "follow the Jacobs way" as there are very detailed processes and procedures for most of the work they perform. It is important that you understand them and implement them in your daily work.

The folks at Jacobs really do care about their employees and provide a solid work/life balance.
Pros
Large company with room for growth and movement. They really do care about their people.
Cons
Training is lacking.