Jacobs Employee Reviews

Found 1,227 reviews matching the search
Excellent place to work, advance, grow, and build a career.
JPI Administrator/Document Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 24, 2017
In my 15 years with Jacobs, I was able to grow my skill set, offered advancement, trusted, believed in and depended on.

It was allowed of workers to be flexible the work schedule and superior to balance family and work for a less stressful life overall.

Most of the folks worked on teams, therefore you were exposed to different people in the company, meeting short dead lines, and gaining vast knowledge over all.

Great place to work.
Pros
Pay, environment, advancment, great team atmosphere
Cons
Less long term job security, Project based work, client spending
Nice work environment with competitive pay
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 23, 2017
I always enjoyed working for Jacobs. I had the privilege to work in three offices and always enjoyed the work culture in each of them. Jacobs will always find a way to retain their core competent employees. However, it may involve moving to a new office.
Pros
Competitive pay and professional work environment.
Cons
Health benefits could be more competitive.
Great Opportunity for Early Career Individuals
HSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2017
My first opportunity as a safety professional started here and it was a great experience. I was privileged to be a part of some amazing projects surrounded by wonderful team members.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities for early career employees.
Great contract job
Instrumentation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLJune 22, 2017
While working as a contractor for Jacobs Technology, I had next to no complaints. The compensation was more than fair, and the technicians were left alone to do the job that they were paid to do.
Pros
Hands-off approach by management
Cons
Healthcare, while affordable at first, ballooned to 2-3x the original cost.
productive and caring
Lead Person/KPSS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 22, 2017
this was the best job i ever had. My direct boss was a smart cool level headed woman that would go out of her way to help and make sure you understood everything. they were a great company
Pros
all Pros
Cons
im not there
Worst Place Ever
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  HoustonJune 21, 2017
Worst Place to work. They hire young "professionals" who have not idea what they are doing......and then after they have worked there for a year they make them your manager.
Pros
Pay is "ok"
Cons
The People
work is good when you have it.
Control Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 21, 2017
lots of good people, good work attitude. Flexible work schedule. Jacobs work assignments somewhat to employee's choice. high culture of safety. The effort to work-share with India office is sometimes difficult to deal with.
Pros
cooperative team effort on projects
Cons
over emphasis of workshare to offshore.
like the people i work with safe work evironment for industrial construction work
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 21, 2017
safety is the top priority which it should be and like the extra training to better myself nccer first company to offer advancement. i really
like the people management and workers
Friendly, fun, great location
Systems Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2017
I really enjoyed my experience working at Jacobs Engineering. My boss was great and helpful. I really enjoyed working on large scale projects. My only issue with the company is below average wages and the company' immaculate size.
The most enjoyabloe part of the job
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 21, 2017
I loved collaborating with the different groups within Jacobs and the Exxon personnel. I learned a lot working with different type of systems and the different groups.
Work on customer site so have no real input
Cybersecurity Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  CAJune 21, 2017
I truly believe this review that is required from Indeed in unnecessary and extremely irritating. I should be removed from the site. Users enter the site to find jobs not do reviews. This "required" screen needs to be removed.
Great Place to Work
Director, Business Transformation (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 20, 2017
Jacobs is a dynamic company undergoing a transformation that will put it ahead of the competition. The culture is changing to meet the strategic vision and business goals of the company. Jacobs is at a great time to work there and a great place to work.
Pros
Changing, Dynamic
Technical expertise in any area available for consultation from within company.
Mechanical Engineer - Lead (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 18, 2017
The many offices of Jacobs cover many specialties and technical consultation can be quickly obtained from any office. Great people to work with in our own building as well, with knowledgeable 'subject matter experts' in the most frequently utilized areas.
Pros
Great location, parking garage, continuing education opportunities.
Cons
Workshare with India offices can be problematic.
Accounting office is a good place to work but very little room for growth
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJune 17, 2017
Jacobs accounting office is a good, relaxed environment. The hours are excellent, PTO accumulates nicely, and there are milestone incentives. However, there is little to no room for growth. Yearly increases are usually very poor or non-existent. And the insurance offered is horrible.
Pros
Good hours, good PTO accumulation
Cons
Poor yearly increases, not much room to grow with the company
Learned a lot
Piping Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 17, 2017
Worked as piping designer in the beginning and piping engineer at later dates. Learned a lot about piping design and engineering standardpractices, codes, specifications, etc.
Leadership on board
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TX Baton Rouge, LAJune 17, 2017
you always felt like you was part of the team. safety was the biggest part of the culture within the company. always knew where you stood on every project.
Pros
The People
Cons
lack of work
Great place to work.
Insulator Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Good Creek SCJune 15, 2017
At the Goose Creek location we preform maintance for several companies. This is not a project or shut down, so we do not overstaff then layoff. Everyone out there works together in a friendly/family atmosphere. It is a great place to work, good benefits and pay.
Benefits
I was a contractor at Jacobs and was never accepted as part of the team.
Senior Piping Designer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2017
Jacobs may be a good place to work if you are a direct hire employee, but they seem not to care for temporary contract workers. It is very hard for me to find a direct hire job at my age and experience level. I am sure that their lower management would rather hire younger and less experienced people that are cheaper and easer to integrate into there work culture. I have mostly been contract during my career due to the extreme ups and downs in work loads at the majority of A&E firms like Jacobs. I think it will be very hard for people to work as contractors at Jacobs due to negative attitudes and the great variety of software that a new employee must adapt to in a short period of time.
Pros
It was a job and paid the bills
Cons
be prepared to be laid off with less than a days notice if they run out of work.
Good environment to work in, good culture, people that care
Intern - Data Integration and Support (EO30) (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 10, 2017
People are always willing to help out if you need it, alot of nice friendly people. Employees really care about their work and in turn do a good job.
Productive place with casual work culture
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 8, 2017
Great work hours - 4.5 days/week
Small but supportive office environment
Enjoyable culture and helpful management
Uncertainity of career advancement due to internal policies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval