Jacobson Companies Employee Reviews

details about the job
packing technician (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAJuly 11, 2017
a normal day at work going behind other shifts typical machine functions management is ok the people are cool the workplace a plant enviornment in a warehouse nothings hard unless u make it hard and the most enjoyable part was the people on your shift was like your family
Pros
its straight
Cons
heat stress drink water
Warehouse worker
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LAJune 27, 2017
weighing bags of powder product,stacking and wrapping unto pallet,maintenance of forklift when needed of changing gas tank,cleaning work area on a daily basis
good starting point for young worker
Warehouse Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIJune 19, 2017
average work force but not a living wage company, much turn around in work force.not much more to say about this review and do not think there should be a 150 word minimum requirement,
Sweat shop vibe
Warehouse Operator/ Safety Leader (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJune 10, 2017
Warehouse was beyond hot. The work demand was very high. The operations workers didn't respect your hard work as well as management. Knew workers that managed a 50 cent raise in 5 years of service. Will fire guys in a heartbeat.
Pros
steady job
Cons
pay compensation, management
Productive enviroment
Warehouse Coordinator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 6, 2017
A positive environment filled many opportunities to learn and grow. A typical day goes by fast due to the productivity. The benefits are great, with a very supportive management team.
benefits
Cons
high turn over rate
Company was not prepared for the Whirlpool contract
Lead Installer, CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 21, 2017
The company entered into a delivery and installation contract with Whirlpool. Jacobson was not prepared for the number of appliances and delivery schedule. They lost the contract within 2 years
lll
Scale Up/Batch Operator (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 25, 2017
They took better care of the employee's better than the company that took over their contract with Kellogg. The pay wasn't great, but the benefits weren't that bad.
Jacobson
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Monee, ILMarch 30, 2017
I loved working at Jacobson - I find the days to be exciting and different. Jacobson fosters learning and personal growth.
Many opportunities to train and expand knowledge.
Confusion all the time!
Billing Clerk, Premier Staffing (Former Employee) –  Shorewood, ILMarch 27, 2017
This place was crazy! From the management team on down, there was lack of communication. So you really didn't know what your job was. One person would tell you to do one thing, then another person would tell you to do something else.
Good company short lived.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 17, 2017
Fun place ,fast pace Management did not see eye to eye.We moved pepsico products Quaker,Tropicana,gatorade and Starbucks products great company (Pepsico) to work for Jacobson had wrong management in there.
Pros
Fun company great giveaways
Cons
Bad work schedule bad pay and benefits.

Want to know more about Jacobson Companies?

Ask a question
Productive fun place
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  WestjeffersonMarch 1, 2017
You can move up from one job postion to another they cross train you in what ever job you are interested in. Very respectful pleople to work for. Hands on training
Pros
Praise for there employer
Cons
Short breaks sometime
A sad ending
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Moline, ILFebruary 28, 2017
Jacobson is no longer a company. But when it was, it was a lot of fun. The people who worked there were family. We all worked as a team to get the job done.
Jacobson Companies
Picker (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOFebruary 28, 2017
Every day I would drive around an electric palate jack and pick orders. It was a very fast past job but it was fun. I enjoyed driving around on the electric palate jack and sit down forklifts.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2017
Busy all the times. There were always different products that would come in the warehouse. Sometimes the company would buy lunches.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
If I still lived there I would still be working there
Oder selector/Dock/Reach truck (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 9, 2017
Great company to work with. Positive work enviroment. Stable and challenging. Everyone did their part in maintaining a clean and safe work enviroment.
Great Job
Picker (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MONovember 25, 2016
I would ride around on an electric pallet jack picking orders to be shipped out to a variety of stores across a Missouri. I would also audit the product before shipping it out.
Long days long nights
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LANovember 12, 2016
If I had to work there I would. Its easy to get on, and the work is not hard. The pay, is a joke, but over all pretty nice job. You can easily get hurt because of the lack of training.
Jacobson Co Warehouse
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAOctober 31, 2016
Low paying but decent work environment. They are good with training but it is hard to make a living off of what they are willing to pay you in Ames. Cold in the winter and hot during the summer.
PRODUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CASeptember 5, 2016
All customer service duties. All daily reports to corporate. Managed 30 plus employees daily. I learned everything about production work sap, rf. and forklift . How to run arpac machine .
Work friendly enviroment
Draw Jet machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 31, 2016
12hour rotating shift in which I got along with my other employees well and we helped each other out in taking care of each machine and fulfilling our daily duties.