Jacobson Companies Employee Reviews

Pleasant well put together by a group of management, an co-workers
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHAugust 22, 2016
Team meetings in the mornings to make sure employees are up to date. Very informative that all employees are aware of the positions they are to perform. Let everyone know be safe first an lets get the job done on time but Safely.
Pros
Excellent crew to work with from management to the ones you are with everyday
Cons
Needed more money an lost my Mother and left but if i could would return in a heart beat
typical factory with mostly friendly co-workers
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 20, 2015
Supportive management, interested in helping you advance your career. I enjoyed working alongside colleagues that pushed each other to perform at their best. Learning different machines, as well as how to use the same machines differently gave me a little variety.
Pros
occasional free lunches, holiday parties
Cons
short breaks, very hot environment, loud machines
Good company to have worked for
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  LaPorte TxJuly 11, 2016
Busy schedule with a very heavy work load and responsibilities. Good management with reasonable benefits .Unexpected and unscheduled work assignments were often a part of a topical work day. Excellent co-workers to be around.
Pros
paid vacation and training
Cons
short lunches with unexpected work assignments
good work enviorment and fast paced
General Laborer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CASeptember 8, 2015
overall the job was great and the co workers were also great people i enjoyed completing our task from day to day completing out daily goal getting everything done that needs to be done in a days of work. the pay was great and the trainning and assist tranning helped us all out which created a safe working enviorment.
Pros
the lunch that was provided for the workers. the job site, the management
Cons
the benifits, shorten breaks
Fast pace be prepared to stand on your feet
Pick/Packer (Former Employee) –  Manteno, ILAugust 22, 2016
Very fast paced but as long as you pay attention to the task at hand it shouldn't be to hard.Very strict wear required clothes believe me its for your safety don't try to make a fashion statement make sure you make it home and not into the hospital.
fast pace
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mount Top, PAAugust 31, 2016
The people were great but there were not supervisor , employee comunication but besides that it wasnt a bad job i picked gatorade cases of straight flavors
to be ran down the production lines to be made into muti flavor case to be shipped back out
Pros
fast pace
Cons
managment
no comment
Production Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Manteno, ILFebruary 18, 2016
unsafe place to work, management did noting for their full time employees. Had a practice of hiring temp workers that had little or no experience in the work force. Said they did, but did not drug test temps.
Work friendly enviroment
Draw Jet machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 31, 2016
12hour rotating shift in which I got along with my other employees well and we helped each other out in taking care of each machine and fulfilling our daily duties.
Loved my team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 17, 2016
I had never worked in the logistics industry before. It was very interesting and everyone was very nice. We were always very busy which was nice since I like to be busy. The pay could have been better though.
strong job
Stand up Forklift Operator- (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 28, 2016
this job was great as well ,my main responsibility was to replenish the packers , i use a lift , stand up rider , cherry picker and a forklift , alot of hours of work as well , good management,

Want to know more about Jacobson Companies?

Ask a question
productive and good work place
WAREHOUSE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LAJune 30, 2016
the job was a good , just wish it could have lasted longer. I got along well with others.I establish good organizational skills
material handler (currently employed)
material handler (Current Employee) –  whisset nc.. rock ceeekAugust 14, 2014
Avoid this company as if it was the AIDS virus .. there's nothing good that can be conjured up to say on the behalf of the management staff. Theres hardly no work flow and there is No promotion in reserve department .location whisset nc -rock creek.. matter fact. ... bookmark this company as 666.. stay away.. here at jacobson you either quit or get fired. Theres no lateral movement to other departments for promotions. Coworkers are cool but they dont pay the bills.. you start off at 10.00 an hour and get 20 to 22 cent raise after a year.. Insurance is over a quarter of your gross pay check and if you have any formal education your probrobly smarter than these incompetent managers and teamleaders which makes you a target . I could go on and on.. about overtime being made mandatory the day of or the day before.. but in simple stay the h*ll away
Pros
wanted 2 or more years of warehouse work just for a resume
Cons
you have to dumb yourself down to make it
Pleasant work environment, not much room for advancement
Customer Service / Export Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Levittown, PAMay 19, 2013
Enjoy the challenge of demanding customer procedures, audits/compliance. Becoming an intricate part of a team, building strong rapport. Troubleshooting and coordinating to get the job done most effectively. Diversifying skills and ability to comply with many customer requirement profiles (CRP). Unfortunately there is little or no room for advancement. After 8 years of hard work, I am unable to advance further without managing the warehouse, requiring me to get on a forklift and maneuver hazardous material. Performed all other managerial duties, compliance, audits, training on site and traveling, reconciliations, personnel accountability, with no monetary compensation. Management somewhat soft.
Pros
relaxed work environment
Cons
relaxed work environment
same old wherehouse day to day job
LEAD/DOCK FLOOR OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CASeptember 11, 2012
3rd party Logistics, typical shipping and receiving forklift job! loading and unloading trucks is the base of what we did. I took is upon myself to learn every part of what makes the company work from the bottom, office work, and management. most co-workers are real easy to work with, not many Ego's clashing. the hardest part of the job was picking up the slack due to incompetence but it always got done! also knowing that you worked there for 8 yrs and only received 3 raises and never got a shot at advancement! i guess the only thing i can say was enjoyable about the job was just having a job.
Cons
no advancement, low pay, temp period longer than normal, at will employee
good job for experience
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXMay 30, 2014
Jacobson companies, specifically in Freeport, TX, was one of those jobs where you only move up if upper management likes you. It does not matter how much you work, how hard you try or how efficient you are at your job. If they see you are good at what you do, then they will work you 72 hours a week and burn you out. Overtime was always available, basically mandatory. Typical day consisted of working long hours, 12+ in 120 degree heat because there is no ventilation system in the warehouse so the heat coming off the product mixed with the heat coming off trucks just sits in an enclosed warehouse suffocating you while you work. But hey, if you're one of their favorites you may just get a 15 cent raise at the end of the year! This job is good basically for the experience to put on your resume, not to make a career out of. Turn over ratio is high, so they are always hiring and always letting people go. Management seems lacking in the head, it's no wonder everyone else that was good went to work for SGS or DOW for $5-$10 more an hour than Jacobson pays.
Pros
overtime, decent pay, good experience
Cons
health hazards everywhere, heat, no breaks most of the time, high turn over ratio, management
Great Logistics Position
Customer Service Representative March (Former Employee) –  EdisonOctober 6, 2015
Jacobson was an overall great company to work for. This was my first Logistics type of job, and I learned everything I could about the position and other positions. I was their back up, when some one would call out.

Typically if there was an issue, I would attempt to solve the issue prior to escalating the issue to upper management
Pros
great work environment
Cons
no one was willing to work OT
Fair and honest company
Leadman (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 25, 2015
When I worked for Jacobson, I learned new technics for management. They talked to me with respect and straight forward. No problem needing to know what was required in the job. Was told how it worked and why it was that way. Then asked if we had any thoughts on how to do it better. They took into consideration how long the person was working with the account. I would still be working for them if they still had the account with Associated. I did not want to move at that time, since I had children in school. Now would be great to do that. I enjoyed going to work each day. Almost didn't want to go home. Felt very relaxed when I was at work.
Pros
Honest, respectiable and considerate company
Cons
Rented the building and had to move when contract was no longer active.
A good company should respect their employees as much as they do their customers
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXOctober 23, 2013
In my time there I was raised in title but not in pay. Given more responsibility without compensation. Learned the ins and outs of warehouse operations as well as safety operations. Overall, just a job with good people. Management on the other hand is not responsive when it comes to PAYing attention to ALL employees.
Pros
good hours, good people, health benefits
Cons
no raises, poor 401k plan, point system is
a typical day at work
Line Lead/Invertory Control (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GANovember 10, 2015
I really enjoyed working here although the management team don't give a open window in the scheduling department,you can always move up in the company and become more seniority.
Worst Management Staff Ever
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 15, 2014
Forklift Operator - Tacoma, WA. (Former Employee). Out of my 21+ years of Warehousing/Distribution/Forklift Operations! This company stands as my top 2 worst company to work for. Take that back. The management there was a joke. No communication, unorganized, reckless, favored, cheaters, liars, thieves, inexperienced, lack of knowledge. Fist fights broke out, reckless forklift operations, every safety issues/hazards neglected and abused. Shift blames and arguments went on constantly. Work load so massive! A few of us often worked three straight shifts just to try and keep up (not a chance). There was so much favoritism that went on. EVERY experienced and hard working employee was either fired or just had enough with the Mistreatment and a very dangerous work environment there. Including myself.
Pros
ot during summer time
Cons
management - constant equipment damage and lack of.

2.9