JACOBSON TRANSPORTATION

JACOBSON TRANSPORTATION Employee Reviews

ZENTIS FOODS ACCOUNT PLYMOUTH INDIANA
local driver (Former Employee), Plymouth IndianaApril 12, 2015
Pros: short commute
Cons: where do you want me to start?
Egotistical A hole terminal mgr who threatens jobs of drivers and office employees who do not bow to his every command. Plenty of snitches who kiss this managers backside by selling out coworkers. Dispatcher that is unreachable after normal business hours. Local work is set up on a 2000 mile / $760 week salary. NOT worth the trouble. Qualcomm Elog system that you have to enter all your truck/trailer/weight/mileage/bol information in at every stop .. 3 turns from Plymouth to Fort Wayne drop/hook loads in 11 hours.

You're working 55+ hours and if you don't get 2000+ miles, You get paid $760 per week. If you do the math- that's $13.81 an hour, and since you're being paid salary-- there is NO overtime pay.

Don't waste your time.
Jacobson as owner OP was good. Lost Dispatcher of 10 and company has been bought out by new company and things are much diffent, now a company driver
Owner Operator (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAApril 9, 2015
Use to be moving real good now sitting lot more waiting on a run.
Its like they no longer care if their drivers move or not.
Runs are Midwest runs.
laid back.
O.T.R. Driver (Former Employee), Marion, INMarch 28, 2014
Pros: good equipment
Cons: pay is only half of what i was told
laid back company concerning rules but the money is not there unless you are off duty when you should be on duty
Used to be good place to work.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Des Moines, IANovember 19, 2013
Good pay and inexpensive benefits. Good fleet managers. Good miles when they're there to be had.
After over 5 years of safe OTR driving, I went to a local position at Jacobson's request for a new contract they had in TX. After 7 months they dropped the contract, saying they were not making any money (they had seriously underbid to get the contract) and released all drivers working on that contract. I was 1 of 2 with over 5 years with them, there were several with over 3 years with them. We were still driving the trucks we drove OTR, they wouldn't have had to find trucks for us. They didn't tell us in person they were letting us go; they didn't tell us by phone or any of several other methods individually or as a group at their disposal.
They sent an email to the lady working in the office and left it to her to tell all the drivers.
Speaking to Customers across the country was fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), 3811 Dixon Des Moines,IA 50316August 15, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Cons: dealing with difficult customers
Called for delivery appointments, speaking to people all across the country. Put in information for a truck load of product to be picked up in one place and delivered at another. Working with Co-worker to get the information needed. Setting up when they were on vacation or ill, and doing their job. Management guided me to make correct decisions.