The Project Manager/Business Analyst (PMBA) will function primarily in a Project Manager (PM) role; however, time will be spent in a Business Analyst (BA) role during the requirements gathering stage of projects. The purpose of the PM role is to ensure that client or internal projects are executed to meet or exceed expectations while contributing to the financial success of the company. The purpose of the BA role is to ensure client requirements are clearly defined and documented in a formalized Business Requirement Document. It is expected that the PMBA will spend more time in the PM role. However, the percentage of time spent in either role may fluctuate depending on business necessity and the employee’s ability to manage the responsibilities. The PMBA must be able to manage and balance the customer relationship responsibilities with internal responsibilities. The PMBA must also balance attention to detail with a deep understanding of the broad scope and goals of the project. Typically Jagged Peak Project Managers are concurrently managing 3-5 projects with project life cycles in an average range of 3-12 months though this will vary depending upon the scope of the project. The PMBA will work closely with the Professional Services/IT team, support executive management and interact with clients during the normal scope of responsibilities. This is in addition to other company employees throughout the organization that fall with in the normal scope of interaction with this position. Jagged Peak ships items directly to customers for many different manufacturers and suppliers. Despite recent trends in the economy we are busier than ever. The fast pace and rapid response to customer needs here is a bit different than– and we like it that way.
If you are interested in an environment where everyone pitches in and wears many hats, a career move with the Jagged Peak is something you’ll want to consider.
- Work closely with the client team so a customer service personality and customer management skills are essential!
- Manage the Jagged Peak team to the implementation of the solution within the given timeline.
- Work closely with the Account Manager and client team to ascertain a full understanding of the clients’ business requirements in relation to Supply Chain and E-Commerce.
- Work with Product Support Specialists (including technical writers to ensure proper documentation for manuals)
- Work with Software and Web Developers and the QA team to ensure business requirements are met.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope of the Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) to ensure the proposed timeline and budgets are met.
- Produce reports; feasibility, productivity, budget to actual and team hour reports. Analyzing project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Translate client requirements into highly specified project briefs and Business Requirement Documents (BRDs).
- Utilize proper Methodology to manage projects.
- Identify options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability.
- Create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems and drawing up specific proposals for modified or replacement systems.
- Present proposals to clients.
- Identify resources needed and delegate individual responsibilities.
- Work closely with client end users and mid-level, senior-level and executive level management.
- Effectively apply our methodology and enforce project standards.
- Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Provide training to users for a new system.
- Mentor and coach to less experience Project Managers.
- Keep up-to-date with technical; as well as industry sector developments.
- Manage 3-5 projects concurrently with project life cycles within an average range of 3-12 months depending upon the scope of the project.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience: College Degree
- Technical education (BS, MS) preferred.
- SDLC experience with Supply Chain, Fulfillment and Order management systems experience (JP Edwards, SAP, People Soft, Retek, Oracle Fins, etc.)
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycles for system implementations and business process management
- 5+ yrs project management experience.
- Experience managing projects using various PMI Methodologies.
- Experience working with E-Commerce Business.
Necessary Skills or Characteristics:
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving.
- Ability to effectively communicate and write technical documents
- Ability to excel in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Must have high energy and possess a 'roll-up your sleeves' attitude.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Project
- Proficient with Agile Methodology, specifically SCRUM.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Highly motivated individual who is comfortable working in a fast paced, highly entrepreneurial environment.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no direct reports. However, the PM will be responsible for the work of others within the scope of the project team.
Location: Tampa, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Professional Services
Indeed - 16 months ago