Jaguar Land Rover Employee Reviews

Rebuilt vehicles from ground up
Automotive Diesel Technician, Level (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2017
performed rebuilds on land cruisers and range rovers from the late 80s and 90s
did a lot of customer work from paint to pulling the whole truck off of the frame
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Horrible Boss
Learned a lot
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Irondale, ALNovember 13, 2017
A typical day was 7:30 - 6 pm, high expectations.I learned life is not fair and managers can run things as they like. Service manager should run the shop and not let the shop run them.
If you worked Saturday an excellent lunch was provided.
Pros
Good pay, Saturday excellent lunch was provided.
Cons
Service Manager
Great place to work, if just entering your field
Training Department Internship (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJNovember 6, 2017
Every day at work I would spend my time organizing emails, and checking social media. I learned that working behind a desk all day can be meaningful and productive. Management was great - nice to say the least, and travelling a lot so there was always time to get tasks done properly. The culture at JLRNA was exciting at times. Company outings were planned every few months, but the hardest thing about this job was being able to occupy my time efficiently.
Pros
Complimentary coffee
Cons
A lot of downtime
fun work place
Sales/Finance/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 31, 2017
Long hours, fast paced environment, friendly staff. The hardest part of the job were long hours. the fun part of the job were customers. A typical work day is anywhere from 10-12 hours long
benefits
Cons
Answering phone, checking out customers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 8, 2017
On a typical day I ran a switchboard, kept track of all of our ordering, checked out customers from the service department. Worked directly under the president, typed many memos for him. I filed paperwork. The pay was very low but the customers were wonderful.
I enjoyed learning the car sales and service area.
Pros
Learning new systems
Cons
Managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 6, 2017
Good advancement opportunities and fun working environment, Management supported staff and was flexible for family needs and emergencies. Employees developed close friendships which enhanced daily environment.
Great benefits, stressful workload.
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJOctober 1, 2017
The position of a customer service representative/Case Manager within this company, is nothing short of stressful in the nicest way possible. The main objective as a case manager within Jaguar, Land Rover is to assist all customers with any issues regarding their vehicles. Seeing as how the Customer Relationship department was heavily based on call-center representatives, the workflow was overwhelming to say the least. I believe the adequate time needed to assist customers thoroughly in regard to the safety of their vehicle, was not given properly.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
stressful workload
Its was a great experience working with jaguar and Land Rover I love driving and I love cars
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2017
Jaguar and Land Rover was the first company I've worked for for automotive vehicles. Grate staff. Everything was fine until they had to shut it down for construction
Pros
Free time when slow
Cons
Short breaks
Amazing Sales Team
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MISeptember 7, 2017
The Sales team and Sales Managers are some of the best out there. They treat you with respect and give you as much assistance as you may need in any given deal.
Not fun
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 5, 2017
Found that Land Rover Jaguar does not honor ther warranty. I became the customers advocate. On how to let them know to call Corp. for assitance. Dealership would not honor certain parts from a 100k vehicel.
Pros
close to home
Cons
worked holidays
was an exprenience to work for
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 5, 2017
long hours, unable to dispatched work. little bit of cut throat. overall it has been a fun place to work for and at. Customer here are great. the management is little bit hard to deal with. The hardest part is the turn around time and lack of loaner vehicles.
Pros
Great customer
Cons
long hours.
dont go in as an apprentice tech
Automotive Apprentice Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 30, 2017
if your looking for training look some where else. as an apprentice tech I was told to figure it out when I had not experience, which is not always a bad thing. however, when ever I was uncertain of something any and all requests for confirmation where shot down and ignored only to be returned with criticism and write-ups due to work mistakes that could have been avoided if your teacher checked the student
Pros
air conditioning
Cons
management
Wonderful
Cashier/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNAugust 29, 2017
Great place. Great people. Our customers suck and are rude. I was a cashier and none of my coworkers could ever remember my name so thats a main part of me quitting.
Very good place to Work
Hybrid Hardware in the loop Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Whitley BayAugust 25, 2017
It is really nice company . A great working environment with good team spirit . A place where you can keep learning and developing new interesting skills.
Great Team
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mills River, NCAugust 15, 2017
I assembled over my time there a great team in fixed ops and variable. Excellent small store. unfortunately the owners daughter way too involved with no experience
Cons
too many interruptions
fun place
Detailer/Porter (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 4, 2017
normal day was getting to work on time clocking in and start takeing care of the customer car washes. also i would take customers home or to work as needed
Work Environment
Sales Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2017
A typical day at work is usually slow (during my shift) but it varies from time to time. Working there has helped me to learn to deal with people of different calibers (high maintenance, low maintenance, rude, wealthy, poor, etc). In my time working there, management has always been a little iffy and there are always a lot of things that get changed without communication. Management is not always knowledgable about everything, leaving lower level employees to sometimes figure things out for themselves. It is something Ive grown used to at this point and I've learned that i have to be self sufficient sometimes. Most of my fellow employees are great to work with. The hardest part of the job is sitting at a desk all day with not much work to do. I get restless and sometimes just end up making work for myself out of boredom, or just sitting there with nothing to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with different people, seeing the many different types of Rovers that customers sometimes build, and occasionally we get some celebrities that come in.
Pros
The job is not strenuous
Cons
There is not much opportunity for growth
SALES EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, MDJuly 17, 2017
Work hard and they will pay you well. You will have to put your time in and the car business is not for everyone. A great part about the company is it is not owned by a big corporation and you have a great team to work with that will help you out in a pinch.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Hours
If you hustle you can earn
Sales (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 16, 2017
Working at a dealership has many challenges. You need to think on your feet and develop relationships. You can make money, but the benefits have room for improvement.
Pros
Money
Cons
Work-life balance is almost non-existent
Efficient and well serviced
Automotive Technician (PDI Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2017
Very busy , great growth opportunities, friendly co workers ..
Outside work adventures
Amazing staff
Great pay and vacation
Very clean and comfortable work ethic
Pros
Freedom as a worker, ability to work without management on your neck
Cons
Not available